Keep It To Two

Hello! Hello! Good morning! I’m so super psyched that it’s already Thursday…this week is just flyyyyin’ by!

Thankfully, this week has felt a lot less taxing than last week. I’m quickly learning that I can’t spread myself quite as thin as I’m used to; otherwise I wind up completely zonked. I love having something to do after work, because it gives me something to look forward to throughout the day. We’re so fortunate to have so many awesome friends, and our families, so close so opportunities present themselves rather easily.

However, I got talking about it with Jay the other night and we’ve decided that we should try to keep it to two weeknight plans per week. That way, we’ll still be able to be social with our pals, but we’ll also be able to have some much needed down time at home. (Plus, we’ve got lots of house projects coming up…not all of which are nursery related…so we’ll be busy).

We’ve actually already got two nights filled up for next week (seriously, busy bees!) and last night we had another fun evening, with our friends Seth and Nicole (you may remember them from their wedding back in September – you know, the one that looked like it could have walked off a page on Pinterest!). We had them over for dinner, but unfortunately, my hostess skills were severely lacking and we wound up ordering pizza.

I don’t know what happened with me. I knew they were coming over when I went grocery shopping, but never planned anything to make for when they came over. Since we were out Tuesday night, I didn’t have time to prepare/plan anything ahead of time, so I texted Nicole frantically, telling her I’m a horrible hostess and asking if she’d be cool with us ordering pizza. Thankfully, she was cool. ;)

So we ordered a couple of pizzas and I did have enough stuff on hand to make a big tossed salad, so we had some veggies thrown in there too. Everything tasted deeeeeeelicious, and as if dinner wasn’t already tasty enough, our pals brought over some serious dessert…

Ohhhh, cookie trays. How I adore you. For those of you in the area, these cookies are from Hannaford, and they are my jam. If you ever have a serious cookie fix, go to Hannaford. These things will not disappoint.

So the four of us snacked on our cookies while catching up on lots (even though I did just see Nicole for our lunch date a couple weeks ago) and watching some of our favorite shows, like Modern Family. Did anyone else watch and totally crack up over Cam and the “fish of gold” at the end? :)

*****

So here we are at Thursday. Breakfast is planned on being the same thing that it’s been the past three mornings (banana oat muffins with PB), but the lunch I know I have waiting for me is reeeeeally going to hit the spot.

As I was making the salad for dinner last night, I also whipped up a quick one to bring for lunch today. I went with a bit of a veggie + fruit combo on this one, including romaine, cucumbers, red onions, baby carrots, avocado, strawberries, green grapes, and dried cranberries. Unfortunately, we were out of feta (which would have made the salad) and it’s also lacking some protein, but I’ll squeeze in some extra peanut butter or something later.

I paired the salad with some Newman’s Own Lite Raspberry & Walnut dressing (SO good!) doing the ol’ salad dressing on the bottom trick.

Can’t. Wait. For. Lunch. Today.

On another note, stay tuned for a fun post + giveaway on the Baby Tooth page later this afternoon…

I cannot even begin to tell you guys how much I am in loooove with this adorable new tank I got from Two For Fitness. So stinkin’ cute!!

Questions for the Morning:

How often do you have plans after work during the work week?

Do you prefer to keep busy, or would you rather have more quiet time?

Comments

I prefer keeping my nights open during the week, although one or two nights is still okay. I tend to be physically and mentally exhausted after a long day at work and I enjoy having down time to spend relaxing with my little family! Plus I’m back in school so some of those nights really aren’t ‘free’ since I’m either in class or doing homework/studying.

BTW, absolutely LOVE your shirt! So cute :)

We try and limit after work activities to a couple times a week as well, but fri, Sat, and sun are up in the air! It is nice to he home at least a few days during the week just to breathe a little, relax, and catch up on things like dishes and laundry!

3. Krisitn says

I would love to have a quite night once in awhile but considering my daughter plays every sport at there – I am constantly running around – I don’t mind it most of the time but having dinner at 9 and studying with her for school at 10 and then cleaning up the house and not being able to get to bed until almost 1 everynight to wake up at 6 for work… well sometimes a break or quite night would ne nice :) The joys of Motherhood!!!

I try to keep my weekday plans limited as well because as much as I love seeing friends and family, sometimes I just want to come home after work and veg out; and if I go out too often I find I start putting off way too many things and end up with a mile long to-do list to catch up with on the weekend. So yeah… down time is a must.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #24 .

Oh my, that salad looks SO good!!! Now, I want some green grapes asap. Lol! Me and the hubby are similar… we try to limit our evening activities to 2 to 3 times a week, otherwise we’re zonked in the mornings…kinda like today. We went to a church play last night which ended late, so my morning workout will have to be pushed to an evening workout. Ah well. We did enjoy the play! :)
    Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..A somewhat wacky “What I Ate Wednesday”

Mmm can’t go wrong with pizza & cookies! :) :) On Mondays I help with an after school running program, on Tuesdays I coach soccer, and on Wednesdays I lead a fitness class… Thursdays and Fridays I can only hope I don’t have plans!! :) :) I’ll be excited when a couple of these activities come to an end so I have more evening time!!
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Orange Cream Protein

If I had to choose…I’d definitely pick quiet time during the week over being busy and having a lot of plans. Working all day, going to the gym, making dinner, and blogging already take up so much of my time on a weekday, fitting in a trivia night or other activity with friends just spreads me too thin. And I also watched Modern Family last night, it was hilarious!! That show never disappoints.
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Dealing with Anxiety

You always impress me with how much you have going on throughout the week after work! We have church on Wednesday evenings and then Cody usually has a basketball game one other evening, but other than that we’re at home in the evenings. We usually plan our social stuff with friends for the weekends. If we did much more than we already do during the week, I think I’d go crazy!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Simple Ways to Love Yourself Everyday

9. Kelsey Y. says

I’m usually all about being busy, but have started to take a different approach to living life. Usually when I’m finding “stuff” to do to keep busy, it just piles and piles, and soon, I’m not even enjoying myself! After a weeklong vacation in Clearwater Beach, I decide I need to give myself that free time to relax (free meaning not planning ANYTHING until that moment comes). I found that I was much happier (and more positive!) on vacation, where I had no true obligations!

Oh my goodness…I am normally a busy bee myself. I LOVE being busy, but at the same time if I do too much it eventually catches up to me and I am in serious need of down time. So I do try to limit my weekday nightly activities and make sure to have one or two nights that I just sit at home and relax.

11. Taylor says

Love the tank, but holy cow that’s expensive for a top I can only wear for a few months! I think I’ll have to stick to my Lululemon tops which seem to stretch well through nine months.

Normally, all that I want to do after work is relax. Lately…it hasn’t been the case. I was out late last night at an awesome show, but I am ZONKED out today. I’m just one of those people who needs downtime and an early bedtime during the week. :)
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Rapunzel Wannabe

13. Sara says

I coach a summer basketball team two nights a week w/ weekend tournaments & my husband is a high school lacrosse coach so our week nights are pretty full. Being 19 wks preggers I try and keep the other nights free for me — I need those days to recover for the travel and coaching on the weekends.

WHAT a cute shirt! I love it.

You definitely are fortunate you have so much family and friends around to always keep busy socially. During the work week, my husband and I have a bible study group on Thursday nights, but that’s about it.

I like quiet time, but I do wish we had more friends to get together with to make our weeks a little more exciting.
    Raychel recently posted..From 85 to 57

Modern Family was SO funny last night! I laughed so hard at the fish and I love their daughter. I think she totally makes their segments 10 times funnier. She’s so sarcastic and straight faced. I just love her witty comments! :-)
    Lauren recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

I totally hear ya on having to keep things a bit more on the low down during pregnancy! I like to stay somewhat busy or have people to meet, but I can’t do it as often as I’d like to because even one night of eating out and hanging out with friends will wipe me out many times, so I’m trying to keep somewhat of a balance on that front.
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Back to 1833

I like having things to do after work too, but I am always soooo stinking tired by the end of the day that I don’t even look forward to it unless it’s something like a massage or an acupuncture appointment. ;)

The funniest parts of modern family were seriously in the last three minutes – goldfish squirting out of a fountain and freaking Luke and Mitch at the end when he’s coaching him on handball? Oh my gosh. I was dying.

18. jennifer says

Seriously love that tank…can’t justify spending $50 on one right now with all the baby stuff I need to buy though! It’s adorable!

I know this is kind of weird but I was looking through a couple of your old blog posts (Stalking your recipes) and I saw your egg scrambles. I wondering how the heck you make them because mine always turn out more like a scrambled egg with a side of spinach and tomatoes! HELP.

I love making plans and being busy but it also stresses me out too. I like your idea of just having two plans a week. I’m gonna steal this idea! My boyfriend and I always try to have a date night each week too. One where we don’t have phones or laptops on. Sometimes we go out, or if we’re tired we might just stay in and watch a movie together but that way we get at least one day each week properly together to keep our relationship good! :)
    Mary recently posted..Sleeping on the job!