Fun Facts Friday

Iiiiiiit’s Fridayyyyy!!

I honestly didn’t have any sort of a post planned for today because I haven’t taken all that many photos over the last 24 hours. Yesterday was a long day…I didn’t wind up getting home until about 6pm, and then still wound up working through my phone via emails for another good hour. After a quick meal of leftovers and catching up on a couple shows from the DVR, I called it a night.

BUT…today is a new day, it’s Friday, and I actually have quite a few random thoughts in my head this morning, so I figured I’d go ahead and share. I guess you could say it’s almost like one of my tangents posts, except I’m totally taking on Chelsey’s fun facts friday post idea and going with that.

1.  Today, I am officially 6 months pregnant. SIX MONTHS. How in the world did that happen?!? Baby Tooth continues to grow and make his presence known everyday and I just love it.

2. Speaking of Baby Tooth, you may or may not have caught the most recent post on the Baby Tooth page from yesterday!

I’m giving away a $50.00 gift card to For Two Fitness so be sure to check it. But I also forgot to mention that in addition to the giveaway, I also have an exclusive coupon code to share. Enter the code SWEETTOOTH at checkout, and you’ll receive 20% off your entire purchase! Coupon code is good until June 30th, so be sure to take advantage!

3. This morning, I managed to get up and get a workout in. I found myself in the mood to switch things up, so I decided to break out my 10lb. Slimdown DVD. I did the 20 minute full  body session and then followed it up with the 20 minute yoga session….ummm, yeah. The yoga session? That was humbling. Don’t think I’ll be attempting that one again until after the bump is outta the way. Yikes.

4. This morning on my way in to work, I was listening to one of our local radio stations (Fly 92.3). For the past couple of weeks, they’ve been doing this thing with random songs and playing donkey noises as part of the lyrics. I have not found this at all funny…until today. Yeah, today it was freakin’ hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried in the car. Cracked. Me. Up.

5. Also on my way in to work this morning, I wound up with a huge craving for iced coffee. Thankfully, I had a few extra minutes to spare in my commute, so I made a pit stop…

and I paid for that bad boy entirely with coins. Awww yeeeeahhh.

6. This weekend, Jay and I have plans to paint the nursery. We have our paint colors picked out and are ready to rock and roll. I also think I may have possibly found a bedding set that I like. Of course, it’s at Pottery Barn Kids and costs twice as much as the other ones I liked before. Ohhh, what to do, what to do.

7. Jay and I have a little obsession. You may have heard of her, too. Her* name is Grumpy Cat (actually, her real name is Tartar Sauce, another fun fact). And it turns out, Grumpy Cat has a brother named Pokey, who is hardly as grumpy looking as his sister*.

*Jay had to remind me that Grumpy Cat is actually a girl. Whoops.

Aren’t they the cutest? Can’t get over them.

8. A couple days ago, our friend Mal posted a photo on her Instagram of homemade stuffed shells. Jay found it first and clued me in. She was super smart and even posted the recipe she used too. Any guesses what we’re having for dinner tonight?

Oh yes. Stuffed shells it is. Thanks, Mal!

9. Sunday is Easter…already. Crazy! Jay and I will be heading to his aunt’s house for brunch, and I’ve been asked to make dessert, so I’m thinking I might make my Triple Lemon Cupcakes.

After brunch, we’ll be heading to my parents’ house for dinner, where we’ll be dining on your typical Easter meal. You know, Italian….oh wait, what? Italian food isn’t standard on every holiday? Well, it seems to be in our family. 😉

10. I’ve eaten pizza twice this week, along with cheeseteaks, and wayyy too many cookies. So much so, that the thought of cookies right now just sounds gross. So far this morning, I am craving nothing but eggs and salad. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to make the eggs happen, but I do have a salad packed up for lunch. Time to get some of the good-for-me stuff back in the rotation.

Alright, that’s all I’ve got, my friends! Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend! :)

Comments

That’s so exciting your 6 months pregnant today!!! Seems to fly by! I swear when someone announces, the nine months flies by!
    How weird is it that I’ve never had Dunkin before! We don’t have any where I live, so I’m a Starbucks slave for now;)
    Happy Friday!

I just can’t get over how adorable you are. You are one of the cutest pregnant mamas I have ever seen!
    I’m thinking those lemon cupcakes would be the PERFECT Easter dessert. They look so light and refreshing. I think I’m going with Key Lime Pie Bars, but not 100% sure yet.
    Have a great Friday!
    Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Go Green Tropical Smoothie

I do that yoga routine often and can’t imagine trying to do it with a bump! Especially all those downward dog to warrior poses. How do you get that leg up there?!?!?!
    Shana recently posted..Rabbit Food

4. Kathryn says

It’s amazing how that time flies, isn’t it? My best friend is due tomorrow, and I swear it was just yesterday she was calling to tell me she was pregnant.

As for paying for something with change? Oh yeah, been there and done that.

I hate cats (horribly allergic) but LOVE grumpy cat. Cracks me up. I listen to Kidd Kraddick every morning on my way to work and they used to do a sketch where they replaced dirty words in 50 Shades of Grey with infomercial products. At first I thought it was so stupid then one day it clicked and I think it is one of the funniest radio bits ever.

I never really found the animal noise in song thing funny either. Like that Taylor Swift song with the goat? No idea why that’s humorous. Which song was it that cracked you up? And I swear that there’s nothing better than paying with something in change. Lately I’ve been that annoying person in line who tries to pay with everything with exact change… I just want to get rid of it!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... the girl i used to be .

7. Breanna says

Hey – I found my sheets that I like on Amazon – they are the DwellStudio brand. SO cute and I bought them. But then I also bought 2 extra cheap sheets at Target because I’ve heard there can be a lot of sheet changing happening in the middle of the night and you need to have clean sheets on standby. With the price of cute sheets being so high I figured my backup sheets shouldn’t be more than $9.99. So that’s my tip for the day! Happy shopping :)

8. Nicole @ FruitNFitness says

I love grumpy cat, have always thought she was a he. Painting the nursery might not be fun but it’s going to feel so nice once it’s done!

Six months and rocking it! Oh don’t worry about the cookies, I’ve become very friendly with the chocolate covered powerberries this week. Can’t even think about eating more!

Yay! 6 months and only 3 left until we get to see the little boy! :-)
    You’re such a pretty mommy! I cannot imagine doing yoga while pregnant. Kudos to you for giving it a go! Lol! I kind of want to make those lemon cupcakes for easter. To me, Easter = lemon and coconut. Hmmm.

11. Nicole says

I ADORE GRUMPY CAT!!!!

Congrats on hitting the 6-month mark!!

As for Pottery Barn v. others? (I’m sure you’ve already thought of this…, but!) if the quality is higher and if you’re planning on having more than one kiddo, hey spending a little extra cash now is okay! :)

Have a great weekend!

12. Holly says

Yay for 6 months! You look great! I love those workout capris! Did you get them at For Two Fitness? Those cupcakes look delish! Happy Friday! :)

13. Christine says

I am also obsessed with Grumpy cat! I email my husband every fantastic picture ofher that I find because I love her cute face.

The donkey-noises-as-lyrics reminded me of this tape my family used to have of christmas carols sung entirely by barking dogs. A few years later my dad got another tape of Gregorian chant performed by pigs. Yeah, it was pretty strange. We did get a kick out of listening to them once or twice though.

6 months?! Holy cow! I feel like yesterday you told us you were pregnant… no?

Those goat noises were confusing to me at first, too. I just listened but didn’t find many funny. Then, I saw a video to Taylor Swift’s Trouble song and it was hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing, and now I think they are always funny :)

I used up all of my change last week doing the same thing! It was weighing me down, and I feel a great sense of joy when I get to pay completely of coins :) Little things in life…

Also, I’m not sure I could get sick of cookies :) Hopefully that feeling goes away soon, because I know you will make delicious cookies or sweets for Sunday!
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Five Things Friday

16. Jaime D. says

Yay for being 6 months along! I just had my first (she is 4 weeks old) so I know how great it feels to hit those pregnancy milestones. Regarding #6: just register for the PBK bedding! People will get you gift cards or go in on it together for a shower gift!

I know that feeling of not being able to eat any more cookies for like a year because I went wild on cookies in a couple of days… though the cookie cravings come back after like two weeks, haha.
    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Trackbacks

1. […] week was fairly decent…I got in a couple cardio sessions, two yoga sessions (including the one I won’t attempt again anytime soon), a Pilates session, and a go at my 10lb. Slimdown full body workout. As I’m typing this it’s […]