Baby Tooth: 25 Weeks

by Courtney on April 9, 2013

I think Baby Tooth is reeeeeally growing in there…

25 Weeks

Either that or my extra snacks are starting to become more obvious. Winking smile

Baby Tooth is just over 25 weeks today and is about the size of a rutabaga. Not quite sure I’ve ever even eaten a rutabaga, but it seems fun.

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Head to heels, Baby Tooth now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight is about a pound and a half, but he’s beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat.
  • As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he’ll start to look more and more like a newborn.
  • He’s also growing more hair — and if we could see it, we’d now be able to discern its color and texture…so curious to see if he’ll wind up with my straight, dark hair or Jay’s curly blond (when he was a baby) hair.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: Won’t know until my next appointment.

Workouts: Pretty good! Last week included four solid workouts, with plenty of movement in between. There was some strength training, some cardio, and some yoga…a good mix, if I do say so myself!

Symptoms: Fairly low-key this week:

• Still a few Braxton Hicks contractions.
  • Some low back pain.
  • Acid reflux, but nothing too bad.
  • Still lots of trips to the bathroom…although the bending forward thing that a couple of you mentioned last week definitely helps with the emptying of the bladder. Thank you!

Movement: YES! All the time. Jay has been able to feel him a couple of times since that first night and it never gets old.

Food Aversions: Hot coffee is still only kosher for my morning cup (actually, I usually only drink about half of it). Still can’t think about shrimp and I had a weird day where eggs grossed me out, but that passed quickly.

Food Cravings: Lots of the same…Mexican, cheeseburgers, and ice cream are probably my three big indulgent cravings. This week, however, I have also been craving some of the good stuff too, like veggies and fruit – specifically berries and citrus. I’ve been craving a berry smoothie in the WORST way but just never get the chance to make them. Booo.

Sleep: I have no problem falling asleep, but I’m finding that I wake up a lot more often now. Usually it’s either to use the bathroom or because I’m uncomfortable. There’s also been a few times where I woke up with leg cramps…they were definitely no fun!

Stretch marks? Zero!

Miss Anything?  Most of the same…pre-pregnancy workouts, wearing regular pants/clothes, a lower back that is pain free, and beer. But honestly, I’ve been feeling so blessed about everything that these are really very mild things. I’m just loving so much about pregnancy.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Not too much out of the ordinary this week, but I do feel like my belly is growing like craaaaaazy. Sometimes I think, geez, this thing is huge…then I realize I still have a good 15 weeks ahead of me. Yikes!

Belly Button in or out? Still in. I’m tellin’ ya…there’s no way it’s coming out.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Definitely happy a majority of the time! I’m still a little stressed about daycare, but I’m asking around like crazy and starting to get some potential options.

I did also have a ridiculous meltdown the other day and wound up crying over something stupid for a good 45 minutes. And not just tears…we’re talking full out sobs. And then I’d be in the midst of arguing with Jay while crying, and then start laughing because I realized how obnoxious I was being…and then I’d get mad at him when he laughed back at me for laughing in the first place. Ohh, it was quite a scene. Winking smile

New Baby Items: We got some diapers from our friends Josh and Erika, which their little girl already grew out of. Hey, I’ll take hand-me-down diapers any day! Other than that, we’re trying to take it easy on the extra expenditures since some of the work in the nursery has been adding up quickly.

Looking Forward To: Continuing with the nursery, getting the rest of our furniture in (thought it was going to be in this past weekend), and helping any way that I can for my two baby showers that will be coming up in a couple of months. Yay!

Question for the Moms:

At what point did you feel like your belly was really starting to pop/grow?

1 Claire @ Flake and Cake April 9, 2013 at 7:06 am

You’re looking amazing Courtney, it is so lovely to catch up with how you and Baby Tooth are both getting on :) Glad to hear everything is going so well!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..MIMM: Birthday Style!

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 9, 2013 at 7:21 am

You’re not missing out on the rutabagas – they’re not that great IMO.

And your belly just keeps on growing – but don’t worry, I’ll catch up to you very soon I’m sure!

3 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) April 9, 2013 at 7:24 am

You look so beautiful! I can’t believe you are 25 weeks already. I’m glad you’re enjoying pregnancy; it’s such a special time! :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Toddlerhood: The Next Big Questions

4 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle April 9, 2013 at 7:24 am

You are such a cute pregnant woman, Court!

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 9, 2013 at 7:27 am

Sooo cute!! :) :) Really every week for me after about 22 weeks felt like I was huge. I remember at 22 weeks thinking “How am I going to get any bigger?!” And now I look back and realize how tiny my stomach was at that point!

I am now 40 weeks and 1 day. I am been blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy, but I am now ready to meet this little one! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..40 Weeks: Ready or Not …

6 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction April 9, 2013 at 7:37 am

Getting closer!
Start looking for daycare now, I waited until the last minute and ended up missing my interview and tour because I was in the hospital. Definitely one of the things I wish I had not dragged my feet on, added stress I did not need.

We stocked up on diapers before he was born. Every time I felt a sale with a coupon. Also sign up at similac and enfamil for coupons for formula – you may plan on breast feeding but just in case it is nice to have coupons and they send free samples usually.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Weekly Weigh In & Changes

7 Miss Polkadot April 9, 2013 at 7:46 am

Aw, you’re looking so pretty and really have that pregnancy glow, Courtney :). Sounds like you had an overall good week despite the meltdown.

8 Shel@PeachyPalate April 9, 2013 at 7:50 am

You’ve popped but in a neat little round baby tummy kind of way! Pregnancy totally suits you!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Filling up on pan–cakes

9 Linz @ Itz Linz April 9, 2013 at 7:51 am

awww gorgeous preggo belly!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..melt my heart

10 Erin @Axell's Kitchen April 9, 2013 at 8:07 am

Beautiful!! Pregnancy looks good on you!!
Erin @Axell’s Kitchen recently posted..Healthy Chicken Quinoa and Veggie Asian Wraps

11 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom April 9, 2013 at 8:11 am

I didn’t show really until 20 weeks and then suddenly at 25 weeks I started to look reaaaaaaaally pregnant. I guess that happens though when you’re only 5’2. By 27 or 28 weeks I felt/looked so big that even walking felt labored. I got winded so easily! Again, you look wonderful and it’s nice to hear you’re enjoying pregnancy!
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..She Eats!

12 Kathryn April 9, 2013 at 8:39 am

Glad to hear the leaning forward has helped in the bathroom! That was one of the biggest issues for me while pregnant with both my kids, because I already have a smaller bladder and have to go all the time! I had to find something that would help, because my boss was starting to not get pleased that I’d be up every 20-30 minutes going to the bathroom, lol.

With both my kids, I actually started showing very early (we’re talking, I was in maternity clothes before 3 months due to baby, not weight gain, I swear). With my frame though, I wound up being pregnant from boobs to hips, whereas you’ve got that more basketball baby belly going on.

13 Emily N April 9, 2013 at 8:40 am

I am WITH YOU on the belly button never coming out. Maybe mine will go flat eventually (in fact, I kind of hope that it does!) but it is SO DEEP that I cannot imagine it every popping!
Emily N recently posted..Weekly Workout Recap: April 1

14 Ashley @ Life and Fitness April 9, 2013 at 8:53 am

Yay loving the updates!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Why I Need A Rest Day

15 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 9, 2013 at 9:08 am

You look amazing! This must be so exciting for you! Congrats!!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Banana Berry Protein Smoothie

16 Lauren April 9, 2013 at 9:13 am

I WISH I could blame my breakdowns on pregnancy but unfortunately, I cannot explain myself haha! A lot of soon-to-be mommys seem to be craving smoothies!
Lauren recently posted..The Resting Period

17 Jessica April 9, 2013 at 9:37 am

I can’t imagine having to do the whole daycare thing! I am so lucky that my mom has a home daycare so my little one is in good hands and around other kids for socialization!!! Good luck and yes just ask around and if you go the daycare center route google things online – people who take their children there won’t say anything negative (generally) so it’s best to hear form people who are no longer there – just a suggestion!!!

18 Annette@FitnessPerks April 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

I may or may not NOW begin writing comments on this page because of a certain post I posted today….. :) YAY!

p.s. you look fabulous!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Doing Math…..

19 Jessica April 9, 2013 at 10:56 am

Hey I was wondering what are some of your workout changes that you’ve had to make? What are some of your fav. pregnancy workouts?

20 Courtney April 9, 2013 at 11:07 am

I love each of these DVD’s! http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2013/01/29/new-workout-new-workout-gear/
I’ve been using all of them, along with walking. :)

21 Thais @ Eats n Miles April 9, 2013 at 11:09 am

You look great!! You´re almost done with your 2nd trimester. Enjoy your pregnancy because it goes by wayyy too fast. I started to get “big” at around 25-26 weeks!
Thais @ Eats n Miles recently posted..April Goals and a “Weighty” Issue

22 Heather @fitncookies April 9, 2013 at 11:21 am

I love that Jay gets to feel him now! That is so much fun. Daycare has to be frightening, though. I worked at one so I kind of know good ones around my house!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Upbeat and Cheery

23 Katy @ HaveYouHurd April 9, 2013 at 11:28 am

Don’t even stress about those crazy mood swings! I’ve been pretty good my whole pregnancy until week 27/28 and then I started getting a little crazy. Since then I’ve been pretty emotional (yayy!). That was also around the same time that I really felt like shit started to get real…aka I was getting LARGE! I’m getting lots of comments now like “Wow, you’re really starting to pop!” and “You still have 2 months left!?”. Yay for cute bellies though :) I still love mine a lot!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Week 28 Update

24 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique April 9, 2013 at 11:36 am

You look absolutely gorgeous! I cannot believe how quickly time is flying.
Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique recently posted..And The New Name of the Boutique Is….

25 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food April 9, 2013 at 1:09 pm

My cravings include all yours too! Not sure what it is about Mexican food, but I can eat it every day :)
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Week 40 – Due Date Mishap

26 Jessica S. April 9, 2013 at 1:13 pm

You are such an adorable pregnant lady! You look the same except for the bump. I really enjoy reading your Baby Tooth updates. Best wishes to you and your bundle of joy :)

27 Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 9, 2013 at 1:37 pm

You are really just the cutest :) You look great!!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Living On A Budget: Eating Healthy

28 Michelle April 9, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Looking great as usual Courtney ! Stay tuned for your third BumpBundle in the mail next week !
Michelle recently posted..The perfect Mother’s Day gift – BumpBundle + limited time discount code !!

29 Emily @ Hungry Delights April 9, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I can imaging setting up a nursery would be soo much fun. You are looking wonderful and your bump is so cute!
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..The Reception ~ Our Wedding

30 Molly Petsch April 9, 2013 at 7:07 pm

You look great! And be proud of yourself that you’re staying active. When I was pregnant I got horrible leg cramps but found that if I stood up and put weight on my leg right away they went away. It seems like the last thing you want to do when you’re in pain but, trust me, it works! And water, water, water for the Braxton Hicks. I drank 4 liters a day… granted it was in the dead of summer and in the 90’s everyday but drinking a ton of water helped!

31 michelle kim April 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Looks like everything is going well. You look so pretty and you are glowing! That’s awesome that you have no stretch marks :)

32 julie April 11, 2013 at 2:32 pm

have you found any good places for maternity baby shower dresses?

33 Courtney April 11, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I saw some at Destination Maternity which were super cute!