WIAW: A Dream Meal

by Courtney on April 10, 2013

Okay, all of you were seriously cracking me up yesterday with your love of Full House and I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one who immediately referenced “Funny Jello.” Too, too funny!

So here we are…yet another edition of What I Ate Wednesday Tuesday. But before we get to that, I need to mention that I have completely forgotten a pretty major date for the ol’ blog…would you believe that I completely missed STSL’s blogiversary?! April 7th, 2010 was when I first started this little baby of mine, and now all of a sudden she’s three. I can hardly believe it. I’m going to have to think of a fun way to celebrate, even if it is belated…so be on the lookout. ;)

But in the meantime, let’s take a look at all of yesterday’s awesome eats…just wait until you get to dinner. OMG so good…

Breakfast

Two pieces of whole wheat toast (bought TJ’s brand this week but not loving it) with peanut butter & banana with coffee.

Mid-Morning Snack

Iced Oatmeal Raisin Clif Z Bar (aka, the best thing ever) + an apple

IMG_1867IMG_1869

Lunch

More leftover spaghetti squash lasagna with some leftover diced chicken on top.

This was definitely a light lunch and while it held me over for a couple of hours, I was definitely more than ready to dig into my afternoon snacks…and I was so glad I packed two!

Mid-Afternoon Snacks

First snack was a vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries and Love Grown Foods granola.

Second snack about two hours later was baby carrots & hummus.

And then I needed something sweet so I snagged two dark chocolate squares that I forgot I had stashed in my office.

Nothing like having a rescue stash of dark chocolate at your disposal. Winking smile

Dinner

Since I had a hair appointment after work yesterday (just a little trim, nothing crazy), Jay totally, 100% took care of dinner. He is the man, no doubt about it. And let me tell you…this is my preggo self’s DREAM meal right here. AMAZING.

We had homemade cheeseburgers made with 96% lean ground beef, and while I don’t know exactly how he makes his burgers, I do know that there were some finely chopped sautéed onions up in there that were rockin’ my world.

He also homemade sweet potato fries with a garlic aioli sauce (seriously, who IS this guy?!), which turned out fantastic. The garlic aioli sauce is incredible…looking forward to using extras of that on, well, basically anything because it’s that good (he used this recipe, in case you’re wondering!).

And as if that wasn’t enough, he even mini side salads, but since I wasn’t super hungry at dinner I decided to package up my salad for today’s lunch.

Nothing like having a salad prepped and ready to go for you the next day, am I right?

And since hubby took care of the whole meal, I made sure to take care of clean up duty. ;)

Dessert

A little dish of ice cream to top off the evening while watching The Voice.

(For those of you with a Stewart’s around, you MUST go check out all of their new flavors. I believe there’s six new ones, and this one is called something Rapunzel I think? Vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls and chocolate covered pretzels. Uhhhh-mazing!

Question for the Morning:

Given the choice, would you rather cook the meal or clean up the dishes?

1 Runner Girl Eats April 10, 2013 at 8:48 am

I would usually rather clean the dishes during the week. But on weekends when I have more time I am all about cooking a big complicated feast. I am drooling over that aioli btw!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..WTF?! Wednesday

2 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle April 10, 2013 at 8:50 am

Mmm, sweet potato fries & a cheeseburger. One of my favorites. Also I love your nail polish color :)

I’d rather clean up & do the dishes than cook!

3 claire @ live and love to eat April 10, 2013 at 8:51 am

Those fries look too perfect to be homemade! ;) I’d always ALWAYS choose cooking over dishes.
claire @ live and love to eat recently posted..Straight from Winter to Summer

4 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty April 10, 2013 at 8:51 am

What a great hubby you have! Your whole day of eats looked nummy! I would MUCH rather cook than clean and that’s usually what ends up happening around my house. It works for us!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

5 Lisa April 10, 2013 at 8:52 am

Oh goshh, you’re Dinner looks fabulous. I think I may have to make a version of that tonight.
No kidding on the dream meal!
Even though I’m not preggo, that sounds like quite the fabulous meal.
I’d definitely rather cook than clean dishes. I hate cleaning them;)

6 Lindsey April 10, 2013 at 8:55 am

Cook for sure. In our house, I do most of the cooking and my husband cleans up after :)

7 Khushboo April 10, 2013 at 8:57 am

Pregnant or not, your dinner is my dream meal too ;)! Next time add avocado slices to the burger…you won’t be sorry! I would definitely rather cook over clean….if anything washing up sucks the fun out of cooking!

8 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Aw man, totally should have done that! Next time ;)

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 10, 2013 at 8:58 am

OK, I love my husband so much. And he is amazing at so many things. But he is NOT a cook. I think the most he’s ever made for me is steak on the grill. So I am incredibly impressed with Jay. Wow! :) :)

And having said all that, it’s pretty normal in this house that I cook and then Brandon will help with dishes. I usually help clean up too, though. It just goes faster if we’re both in there getting it done!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 10, 2013 at 8:58 am

I would MUCH rather cook! In my house my dad does most of the cooking and my mom does the cleanup. I’d rather have my dad’s job…HATE doing dishes!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Happy Biiirthday Toooooo…

11 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian April 10, 2013 at 9:05 am

Stewarts has new flavors?!?!?!?! When I come home in June I will definitely be trying those out! My favorite as a kid was always the 4th of July one with pop rocks in it. They always have the most unique ice cream flavors.
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW# 48: What I Drank(?) Wednesdays

12 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes April 10, 2013 at 9:06 am

I’d rather cook for sure! Especially since dishes means cleaning up the high chair… pretty gross haha.

Happy Birthday to your awesome blog a few days late!!!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Our Engagement Story

13 Shel@PeachyPalate April 10, 2013 at 9:06 am

Definitely cook the meal! Happy belated blog anniversary! I thought you’d been going a hell of a lot longer than 3 years, your so accomplished and well known in the blog world!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Blurry head and bleary eyed

14 Ashley @ Life and Fitness April 10, 2013 at 9:06 am

Can your husband give cooking lessons to my boyfriend? Haha, my boyfriend’s idea of cooking is microwaving leftovers. I would rather cook then clean up. Washing dishes is my least favorite chore.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW-Feeling Like Rocky

15 Jen @nutcaseinpoint April 10, 2013 at 9:17 am

Ugh I miss Stewart’s ice cream. I miss Martha’s (up by the Great Escape) even more!!!

16 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Ahhhhhhh Martha’s!!!! It’s basically my favorite soft serve place EVER. So sad (yet, it’s probably a good thing) that’s it’s too far away to be a regular stop. Oh man, now I want some!!

17 Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog. April 10, 2013 at 9:23 am

It definitely depends on who the other person is and if they can cook ;)
Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog. recently posted..Hello from San Antonio!

18 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers April 10, 2013 at 9:24 am

Oh man, you’re eats have made me hungry! Nothing like a good home-grilled burger… well, except a burger followed up with ice cream. Yum!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..The Carbs I Ate Wednesday

19 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 10, 2013 at 9:26 am

Cook the meal, absolutely…doing the dishes is pretty much my most despised chore.

20 Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet April 10, 2013 at 9:26 am

Now I wan’t some icecream lol. I use to swear by those clif bars last year… I guess I overate them :( But they are delicious!
Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet recently posted..WIAW #45: Back To Basics

21 Erin @Axell's Kitchen April 10, 2013 at 9:29 am

Everything looks delicious!! And gah my husband has never cooked me anything- Jay needs to teach lessons (;
Erin @Axell’s Kitchen recently posted..Levi’s One Year Pictures

22 Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:29 am

I’d rather cook, and that’s just how we do it around here! No dishwasher in the new apartment (a small place to pay for the best apartment EVER!), so I cook and the boy does the dishes.

I LOVE those kid Z bars. The boy makes fun of me, but they’re SO good. Another healthy “kiddie” snack I love are Honest Kids juice packs. I love Honest Teas and these are organic low cal/low sugar juice drinks in portable, CapriSun-like packs! I love the berry lemonade.

23 Sarah @PickyRunner April 10, 2013 at 9:30 am

I’ve heard of stewart’s before and I really want to try it!!! That’s my dream meal too. Definitely with you on the amazingness of a good old burger and fries.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Proud to be me.

24 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 10, 2013 at 9:34 am

Happy Blogiversary!!! Mmmmm…sweet potatoes fries! I love those! Your hubby made an awesome dinner! I definitely prefer cooking over the clean-up. It’s just so much more fun! :)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Fun and Effective Sculpting

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League April 10, 2013 at 9:35 am

Looks like a fantastic day of eats! I had a light lunch yesterday too and sadly did not bring enough snacks..I wish I had an emergency stash of dark chocolate in my desk! Next time….
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #28: Not Smart

26 Jenny@ The Wellness Journey April 10, 2013 at 9:36 am

I would definitely rather COOK the meal! Happy Blogiversary!!
Jenny@ The Wellness Journey recently posted..Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run {Race Recap!}

27 Mary April 10, 2013 at 9:37 am

You have the BEST hubby! I love homemade burgers and garlic sauce. I only discovered sweet potatoes about a month ago but they are top of my request list right now!
I would much rather cook the meal than clean the dishes…I know if I left all the cooking to my boyfriend we would be living off of frozen food for the rest of life!
Mary recently posted..Wood!

28 Lauren @ Berry Sweet Lauren April 10, 2013 at 9:39 am

I would definitely prefer cooking over clean up duty!

Congrats on 3 years of blogging! :)

29 Linz @ Itz Linz April 10, 2013 at 9:41 am

COOK!!! i hate dishes haha very impressive work, Jay! :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..In a Pinch

30 Emily @ Maple Miles April 10, 2013 at 9:42 am

I would rather cook!!! :) Stewarts has SO many amazing new flavors–one called Cinn City that I noticed the other day with pieces of sticky buns in it! Yum!
Emily @ Maple Miles recently posted..The BEST Cookies You Will EVER Bake/Eat/Devour in Two Days

31 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Ummm, yes. I have tried Sweet Cinn with the sticky buns in it. It’s sweet, but holy COW is it delicious!!

32 Emily @ Maple Miles April 10, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Ahhh, Sweet Cinn, I knew I was off with the name. :)

33 Sara April 10, 2013 at 9:48 am

From Nisayuna but now live in DC….we have nopthing that compares to Stewarts! I miss it SO much! When I was little we were allowed to walk to the nearest one to get ice cream before TGIF and Full House (to tie into yesterday’s post : P )

34 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Aww, how fun! (and ironic that it ties in so well with yesterday’s post lol!) ;)

35 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health April 10, 2013 at 9:56 am

I would much rather cook than clean. But I’m the type of cook who has to clean as I go so there is always few dishes left in the end. Sigh.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..The Seriously Perfect Cookie

36 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life April 10, 2013 at 9:56 am

I 100% would rather cook! Dishes are one of my least favorite chores, but they’ve got to get done somehow.. :) my husband is pretty good with helping me clean up after dinner though and with putting the dishes away from the dishwasher!

37 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me April 10, 2013 at 10:32 am

I would rather cook, but that meal looks might delish and def worth clean-up duty ;)
Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted..One Word Wednesday

38 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique April 10, 2013 at 10:36 am

Homemade sweet potato fries ? That sounds amazing. Wow! I have to say I would rather cook than clean :)
Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique recently posted..And The New Name of the Boutique Is….

39 Jacquelyn @justjacq April 10, 2013 at 10:41 am

Definitely depends on my mood but I’d say majority of the time I’d rather cook. When I’m done stuffing my face I in no way feel like cleaning up. Plus I clean while I cook and not everyone does that so while I leave a tiny mess, others usually leave a big mess!
Jacquelyn @justjacq recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: iPhone snaps

40 Natalie @ Free Range Human April 10, 2013 at 10:48 am

I would definitely rather cook the meal. I love to cook! Somehow I always seem to end up doing both!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Owning Those Curves!

41 Brooke @ Running In Heels April 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

Your hubby is adorable!! And I love a good garlic aoli :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Beach Body Challenge Day 3

42 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm

OMG it’s the first time we ever made it…I cannot get enough of the stuff!!

43 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives April 10, 2013 at 10:54 am

Yea, I MUCH rather cook than clean up after.. lol. This def. works for me & hubby! ;-) All of your meals look Aaa-Mazing! #Goodstuff
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..A Wonderful WIAW #6

44 Katie @ running4cupcakes April 10, 2013 at 11:00 am

I would much rather make the dinner mess than clean it up. And that is usually how it works in my house. I make dinner and then Scott does most of the clean-up. . .of course I help too, I can’t just sit on the couch while he cleans up!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Laugh of the day

45 Jolynn April 10, 2013 at 11:00 am

I would definitely rather someone cook for me. Baking..I’m game. Cooking, no bueno.
Jolynn recently posted..Baby Toma: 17 Weeks

46 Michelle Kim April 10, 2013 at 11:01 am

I’d much rather cook up a meal than clean the dishes.
And YUM, that spaghetti squash looks super yummy! Looks like a delicious day of eats.

47 Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 10, 2013 at 11:12 am

Happy belated Blogiversary! Crazy how time flies, eh?

I’d definitely rather do the dishes than cook the meal, unless we’re talking about baking. I’m not the biggest fan of cooking and I actually don’t mind dish duty at all. Baking is a whole other story though… I’m super particular when it comes to my baked goods, and cleaning up all the mixing bowls is never fun.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … these are my confessions .

48 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! April 10, 2013 at 11:31 am

Id definitely rather COOK the meal!!!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Playlist Time!

49 B April 10, 2013 at 11:34 am

How do u get your sweet potatoes to look like that? Mine always come out mushy and not so yummy!! I usually toss them in grape seed oil and season lightly! How do u cook yours?

50 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I usually cook them around 450 degrees for 15 minutes, flip them, then cook for another 10-15. We usually just toss them in a little EVOO and seasonings. That’s it!

51 Samantha April 10, 2013 at 11:50 am

WOW Your hubby is so awesome! I would always rather cook than clean, I loathe cleaning.
Samantha recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Taco Rice

52 Annette@FitnessPerks April 10, 2013 at 11:57 am

I LOVE sweet potato fries & need some in my life. Like the restaurant quality ones (now that I’ve announced I’m pregnant. heh–major craving!)

And that ice cream you described sounds amaaaazing!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Baby Perks: The Details (& Weeks 4-13)

53 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm

So exciting! Congrats!! :)

54 Cassie @RedLetterDaye April 10, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Oh, the caramel cone crunch (did they change the name to Rapunzel) is my boyfriend’s fave. I got him a pint last night (a little too sweet for me). Crumbs along the Mohawk is my fave flavor of theirs.
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..WIAW: Just because I don’t blog, doesn’t mean I don’t eat.

55 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I think they’re still a little different…but oh man, I just love all their ice cream!

56 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries April 10, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Oh man, that dinner does look incredible! Way to go Jay!

I prefer to cook the meal over cleaning. Let’s just say cooking is not Cody’s forte, and he prefers to clean, so it all works out! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Going Home

57 Renee @ Fit For Motherhood April 10, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Oh my that burger and sweet potato fries look delicious. I think I know what we are making tonight. :) Thank you!

I would rather cook the meal. Steve would much rather use paper plates and throw it all out. Haha. :)
Renee @ Fit For Motherhood recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday # 21 – Waffles Are Back

58 Raychel April 10, 2013 at 12:58 pm

DEFINITELY would rather cook every time!!!

59 Miranda @ Miranda Runs April 10, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Your food all looks so good! Mmmmm. I really want ice cream now ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..WIAW 4/10- Spring Break Edition

60 Karen April 10, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I would def rather clean dishes. I like knowing that the dishes are nice and clean and don’t just sit in the dishwasher or sink. My husband is pretty good at cooking and anything he doesn’t do/eat, I would make. I am usually making my daughters dinner while he is cooking us something if she doesn’t eat what we are eating.
Karen recently posted..WIAW

61 Allison @ Life's a Bowl April 10, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I always cook and my hubby *usually* does the dishes :P Although, I’d love to switch it up some nights – I’m not sure what I’d be served haha! P.S. That ice cream sounds fabulous – even better with a little PB action…
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Fueling the Vehicle

62 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny April 10, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I’d rather do the cooking – it usually works out that way anyway, and I guess I’m pretty lucky that he doesn’t mind doing most of the cleanup! Happy anniversary! Can’t wait to see what you have planned.
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..WIAW: gonna soak up the sun

63 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily April 10, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Oh my gosh! That burger is what dreams are made of!!!!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..The Weight Loss Challenge

64 Allee @ Griselda Mood April 10, 2013 at 3:01 pm

New to your blog, but I love it! Especially the fact that you remember that “Full House” episode! ;-)
Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

65 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Welcome, Allee!! Thanks for stopping by :)

66 dee April 10, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I love that your cheese always looks SO melted and SO. GOOD.

67 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Haha!!

68 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl April 10, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Happy late blogiversary!! And hey, as long as you don’t forget your actual baby’s birthday then I think you’ll be doing just fine!! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mushroom, Vegetable, and Hummus Stuffed Wraps

69 Tim April 10, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Do I really have to choose one? Neither. :P ok, I guess I’d chose cooking. The meal plan and pics looks fantastic. Wow, cheeseburger and fries and ice cream. :)

70 Amanda - The Anti Mom April 10, 2013 at 5:39 pm

i need that ice cream!! wish we had a stewarts around here – that looks sooooo good!! yum!!
Amanda – The Anti Mom recently posted..Tales of the Cursing Toddler

71 Angela @ Health's Angel April 10, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Okay, where did you find a hubby like Jay and how can I find one!?!? ;)
But seriously though…so impressed with his kitchen skills!
I’m one of those weirdos that enjoys cleaning the kitchen haha.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Rapunzel Wannabe

72 Courtney April 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Haha, he’s definitely a keeper ;)

73 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 10, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Mmm, homemade burgers and ice cream… sounds awesome! I’d probably rather cook than do the dishes!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Trying with No Results

74 Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes April 10, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I love Stewart’s ice cream! And you just made me want ice cream…
Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..How to change your mindset and become happier

75 Kendra April 10, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Definitely cook!!! I hate doing the dishes!….but maybe that’s because Nate always cooks dinner (since I get home much later) so I always do dishes… I love cooking and creating!!

76 Bek @ Crave April 11, 2013 at 1:08 am

woo hoo Go Jay! In the good books haha :) Might have to make it a weekly special- Jay’s Cooking ;) I prefer to cook!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Today Is a New Day

77 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate April 11, 2013 at 3:29 am

That definitely looks like a perfect dinner, and any guy who can make aioli is a keeper in my books! ;-)
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..WIAW: Baking Therapy

78 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen April 11, 2013 at 7:30 am

That spaghetti squash lasagna looks amazing and I wish that I would have stashed some squashes while they were still at the grocery store!! Guess that meal will have to wait until next year :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Inside the Fridge

79 Leigha April 11, 2013 at 10:08 am

DROOLING. Your eats are always sogood! I’ve never tried Stewart’s but it looks pretty amazing.

80 Rachel McIntyre April 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Thanks for the link for the garlic aioli recipe. I love that stuff so much :)

Usually I prefer to cook than do dishes. Unless I had a dishwasher, that is!

81 Courtney April 11, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I love Stewart’s ice cream. It’s the best.