WIAW: A Dream Meal

Okay, all of you were seriously cracking me up yesterday with your love of Full House and I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one who immediately referenced “Funny Jello.” Too, too funny!

So here we are…yet another edition of What I Ate Wednesday Tuesday. But before we get to that, I need to mention that I have completely forgotten a pretty major date for the ol’ blog…would you believe that I completely missed STSL’s blogiversary?! April 7th, 2010 was when I first started this little baby of mine, and now all of a sudden she’s three. I can hardly believe it. I’m going to have to think of a fun way to celebrate, even if it is belated…so be on the lookout. 😉

But in the meantime, let’s take a look at all of yesterday’s awesome eats…just wait until you get to dinner. OMG so good…

Two pieces of whole wheat toast (bought TJ’s brand this week but not loving it) with peanut butter & banana with coffee.

Mid-Morning Snack

Iced Oatmeal Raisin Clif Z Bar (aka, the best thing ever) + an apple

More leftover spaghetti squash lasagna with some leftover diced chicken on top.

This was definitely a light lunch and while it held me over for a couple of hours, I was definitely more than ready to dig into my afternoon snacks…and I was so glad I packed two!

Mid-Afternoon Snacks

First snack was a vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries and Love Grown Foods granola.

Second snack about two hours later was baby carrots & hummus.

And then I needed something sweet so I snagged two dark chocolate squares that I forgot I had stashed in my office.

Nothing like having a rescue stash of dark chocolate at your disposal. Winking smile

Since I had a hair appointment after work yesterday (just a little trim, nothing crazy), Jay totally, 100% took care of dinner. He is the man, no doubt about it. And let me tell you…this is my preggo self’s DREAM meal right here. AMAZING.

We had homemade cheeseburgers made with 96% lean ground beef, and while I don’t know exactly how he makes his burgers, I do know that there were some finely chopped sautéed onions up in there that were rockin’ my world.

He also homemade sweet potato fries with a garlic aioli sauce (seriously, who IS this guy?!), which turned out fantastic. The garlic aioli sauce is incredible…looking forward to using extras of that on, well, basically anything because it’s that good (he used this recipe, in case you’re wondering!).

And as if that wasn’t enough, he even mini side salads, but since I wasn’t super hungry at dinner I decided to package up my salad for today’s lunch.

Nothing like having a salad prepped and ready to go for you the next day, am I right?

And since hubby took care of the whole meal, I made sure to take care of clean up duty. 😉

A little dish of ice cream to top off the evening while watching The Voice.

(For those of you with a Stewart’s around, you MUST go check out all of their new flavors. I believe there’s six new ones, and this one is called something Rapunzel I think? Vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls and chocolate covered pretzels. Uhhhh-mazing!

Question for the Morning:

Given the choice, would you rather cook the meal or clean up the dishes?

Oh goshh, you’re Dinner looks fabulous. I think I may have to make a version of that tonight.
    No kidding on the dream meal!
    Even though I’m not preggo, that sounds like quite the fabulous meal.
    I’d definitely rather cook than clean dishes. I hate cleaning them;)

Pregnant or not, your dinner is my dream meal too ;)! Next time add avocado slices to the burger…you won’t be sorry! I would definitely rather cook over clean….if anything washing up sucks the fun out of cooking!

OK, I love my husband so much. And he is amazing at so many things. But he is NOT a cook. I think the most he’s ever made for me is steak on the grill. So I am incredibly impressed with Jay. Wow! :) :)

And having said all that, it’s pretty normal in this house that I cook and then Brandon will help with dishes. I usually help clean up too, though. It just goes faster if we’re both in there getting it done!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies

• Courtney says

Ahhhhhhh Martha’s!!!! It’s basically my favorite soft serve place EVER. So sad (yet, it’s probably a good thing) that’s it’s too far away to be a regular stop. Oh man, now I want some!!

4. Katie says

I’d rather cook, and that’s just how we do it around here! No dishwasher in the new apartment (a small place to pay for the best apartment EVER!), so I cook and the boy does the dishes.

I LOVE those kid Z bars. The boy makes fun of me, but they’re SO good. Another healthy “kiddie” snack I love are Honest Kids juice packs. I love Honest Teas and these are organic low cal/low sugar juice drinks in portable, CapriSun-like packs! I love the berry lemonade.

You have the BEST hubby! I love homemade burgers and garlic sauce. I only discovered sweet potatoes about a month ago but they are top of my request list right now!
    I would much rather cook the meal than clean the dishes…I know if I left all the cooking to my boyfriend we would be living off of frozen food for the rest of life!
    Mary recently posted..Wood!

6. Sara says

From Nisayuna but now live in DC….we have nopthing that compares to Stewarts! I miss it SO much! When I was little we were allowed to walk to the nearest one to get ice cream before TGIF and Full House (to tie into yesterday’s post : P )

I 100% would rather cook! Dishes are one of my least favorite chores, but they’ve got to get done somehow.. :) my husband is pretty good with helping me clean up after dinner though and with putting the dishes away from the dishwasher!

I would much rather make the dinner mess than clean it up. And that is usually how it works in my house. I make dinner and then Scott does most of the clean-up. . .of course I help too, I can’t just sit on the couch while he cleans up!
    Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Laugh of the day

Happy belated Blogiversary! Crazy how time flies, eh?

I’d definitely rather do the dishes than cook the meal, unless we’re talking about baking. I’m not the biggest fan of cooking and I actually don’t mind dish duty at all. Baking is a whole other story though… I’m super particular when it comes to my baked goods, and cleaning up all the mixing bowls is never fun.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … these are my confessions .

10. B says

How do u get your sweet potatoes to look like that? Mine always come out mushy and not so yummy!! I usually toss them in grape seed oil and season lightly! How do u cook yours?

• Courtney says

I usually cook them around 450 degrees for 15 minutes, flip them, then cook for another 10-15. We usually just toss them in a little EVOO and seasonings. That’s it!

I would def rather clean dishes. I like knowing that the dishes are nice and clean and don’t just sit in the dishwasher or sink. My husband is pretty good at cooking and anything he doesn’t do/eat, I would make. I am usually making my daughters dinner while he is cooking us something if she doesn’t eat what we are eating.
    Karen recently posted..WIAW

Do I really have to choose one? Neither. 😛 ok, I guess I’d chose cooking. The meal plan and pics looks fantastic. Wow, cheeseburger and fries and ice cream. :)

Definitely cook!!! I hate doing the dishes!….but maybe that’s because Nate always cooks dinner (since I get home much later) so I always do dishes… I love cooking and creating!!