Fridayyyyyyyy! WOOT WOOT! I honestly feel like it was just Monday, which is super surprising considering the fact that each day this week felt like it took forever to go by. But hey, I’m not complaining!
Today, I’m going all Fun Facts Friday on ya again because, well, I’m a bit all over the place this morning.
1. First things first, I have GOT to share the scene I woke up to both yesterday AND this morning. Please disregard the fact that this is now about 2 weeks that the mattresses have still been sitting in our living room (we’re working on it…sort of). But apparently, it looks like someone might be upset if we move them…
I walked out to go grab water from the kitchen and suddenly heard his meows coming from the living room. I looked in his usual spots but he wasn’t there. Then, wouldn’t you know, I look up to find him perched on top of the mattresses.
Talk about the king of the house, eh?
2. Last night Jay and I ate the two leftover cheeseburgers from Tuesday. I made Jay a “cheeseburger quesadilla” of sorts (with the crumbled burger, mozz, sauteed peppers and onions, and some guac – OMG so good) and I had mine heated up with some provolone cheese, avocado slices, ketchup, and some hidden garlic aioli on a toasted English muffin. With some sauteed zucchini on the side.
Still. Can’t. Get. Enough. Cheeseburgers.
3. I found the urge to bake shortly after dinner last night. And despite all of the new, amazing recipes I’ve been finding on Pinterest these days, I still went back to my tried and true chewy chocolate chip heath bar cookie recipe…but this time, I made them in bar form.
I actually only made half a batch and baked them in a small, 11×7 pan – 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. I made sure to keep an eye on them, since I never tried the recipe in bar form, but if you like your cookie bars slightly gooey, then 20 minutes will absolutely do the trick. WOW.
4.I have some new prenatal workout DVDs, courtesy of Acacia.
The box set comes with two DVDs – Prenatal Yoga & Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O’Brien – and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Admittedly, I set my alarm early to wake up and workout on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but wound up snoozing through the alarm all three days in a row. This morning, however, I had my new DVD to motivate me to get up!
I decided to try the Prenatal Fitness Fix, and honestly, I loved it WAY more than I thought I was going to in the beginning. At first, the camera work seemed a little cheesy, but the workout itself was probably one of the more intense out of all of my prenatal DVDs. Definitely heavy on the lower body work…I have a feeling my legs will be feelin’ it soon!
I’m planning on putting together a review post of all of my prenatal DVD’s next week, so in case you’re interested, stay tuned.
5. I found this photo on Janae’s post yesterday, and it honestly could not be more true.
I showed it to Jay last night and he said it fit me to a T. What can I say?
6. I’ve been having a major craving for pancakes the past few days so I asked Jay if he’d be willing to make me some this weekend.
He has agreed. I am pumped.
7. The winner of the Custom Artwork Giveaway has been chosen…congratulations to Tracey!
Email me ASAP at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you in touch with Erin for your custom piece of art.
8. There’s a new movie coming out which you may have heard of – The Place Beyond the Pines.
What you may not know is that parts of the movie were shot back in 2011 right in Schenectady, NY, which is actually only about 20 minutes away from me…and Bradley Cooper was HERE last night for the premiere.
Word on the street is that he is quite a humble, awesome guy.
And now I’m even more excited to go see this movie, not only because I love the cast, but because I want to see if I can spot any local landmarks. How cool, right?!
Okay, I think I’m about done rambling for this morning. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!