Fun Facts Friday {4/12}

by Courtney on April 12, 2013

Fridayyyyyyyy! WOOT WOOT! I honestly feel like it was just Monday, which is super surprising considering the fact that each day this week felt like it took forever to go by. But hey, I’m not complaining!

Today, I’m going all Fun Facts Friday on ya again because, well, I’m a bit all over the place this morning.

1. First things first, I have GOT to share the scene I woke up to both yesterday AND this morning. Please disregard the fact that this is now about 2 weeks that the mattresses have still been sitting in our living room (we’re working on it…sort of). But apparently, it looks like someone might be upset if we move them…

Freakin’. Hilarious.

I walked out to go grab water from the kitchen and suddenly heard his meows coming from the living room. I looked in his usual spots but he wasn’t there. Then, wouldn’t you know, I look up to find him perched on top of the mattresses.

Talk about the king of the house, eh? ;)

2. Last night Jay and I ate the two leftover cheeseburgers from Tuesday. I made Jay a “cheeseburger quesadilla” of sorts (with the crumbled burger, mozz, sauteed peppers and onions, and some guac – OMG so good) and I had mine heated up with some provolone cheese, avocado slices, ketchup, and some hidden garlic aioli on a toasted English muffin. With some sauteed zucchini on the side.

Still. Can’t. Get. Enough. Cheeseburgers.

3. I found the urge to bake shortly after dinner last night. And despite all of the new, amazing recipes I’ve been finding on Pinterest these days, I still went back to my tried and true chewy chocolate chip heath bar cookie recipe…but this time, I made them in bar form.

I actually only made half a batch and baked them in a small, 11×7 pan – 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. I made sure to keep an eye on them, since I never tried the recipe in bar form, but if you like your cookie bars slightly gooey, then 20 minutes will absolutely do the trick. WOW.

4.I have some new prenatal workout DVDs, courtesy of Acacia.

The box set comes with two DVDs – Prenatal Yoga & Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O’Brien – and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Admittedly, I set my alarm early to wake up and workout on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but wound up snoozing through the alarm all three days in a row. This morning, however, I had my new DVD to motivate me to get up!

I decided to try the Prenatal Fitness Fix, and honestly, I loved it WAY more than I thought I was going to in the beginning. At first, the camera work seemed a little cheesy, but the workout itself was probably one of the more intense out of all of my prenatal DVDs. Definitely heavy on the lower body work…I have a feeling my legs will be feelin’ it soon!

I’m planning on putting together a review post of all of my prenatal DVD’s next week, so in case you’re interested, stay tuned.

5. I found this photo on Janae’s post yesterday, and it honestly could not be more true.

I showed it to Jay last night and he said it fit me to a T. What can I say? ;)

6. I’ve been having a major craving for pancakes the past few days so I asked Jay if he’d be willing to make me some this weekend.

He has agreed. I am pumped.

7. The winner of the Custom Artwork Giveaway has been chosen…congratulations to Tracey!

win

Email me ASAP at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you in touch with Erin for your custom piece of art. :)

8. There’s a new movie coming out which you may have heard of – The Place Beyond the Pines.

What you may not know is that parts of the movie were shot back in 2011 right in Schenectady, NY, which is actually only about 20 minutes away from me…and Bradley Cooper was HERE last night for the premiere.

source

Word on the street is that he is quite a humble, awesome guy.

And now I’m even more excited to go see this movie, not only because I love the cast, but because I want to see if I can spot any local landmarks. How cool, right?!

Okay, I think I’m about done rambling for this morning. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!! :)

1 Sarah @PickyRunner April 12, 2013 at 9:12 am

Yummmm your cookie bars look SO GOOD. So does the cheeseburger on an english muffin. I’ve never tried that but I really like that idea!! I will watch just about any movie with bradley cooper. Anything at all.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Grossed out

2 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life April 12, 2013 at 9:14 am

Those chocolate chip heath bar cookies sound awesome! I made a cookie cake last week and it was soap good, I have definitely been craving chocolate chips the pat week and fully relate to the ‘stomach’ picture you posted… :)

I really want to see beyond the pines! I love Ryan gosling and I like Bradley cooper a lot too thanks to the hangover! (I know, I am mature! Ha!)

3 Lauren April 12, 2013 at 9:22 am

I have some toffee bits in our cabinet and since it’s rainy outside, today would be the perfect day to get my bake on! I completely agree with the dessert stomach. I’ll be so full after dinner but if someone says, chocolate cake… Immediately, I can feel my stomach shift as it opens a closed door which was waiting to hear the word, “chocolate”. It’s so funny. Have a great Friday! :-)
Lauren recently posted..I have some weird habits.

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 12, 2013 at 9:24 am

That photo of Cody is so funny!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday & LockLaces

5 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats April 12, 2013 at 9:26 am

Wow. that cookie bar looks incredible. I may need to break my “stay away from sugar” plan just for that! I love watching movies filmed in my home town (Miami) or really any place I have been. Its like playing I Spy the whole movie! Plus, the Gos is sooo dreamy.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

6 Lauri April 12, 2013 at 9:27 am

The bars look fantastic!
I haven’t heard of that movie but I went to college in Schenectady and will have to check it out! Plus who doesn’t love Bradley Cooper? :)

7 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian April 12, 2013 at 9:32 am

I can’t WAIT to see the movie! I grew up in Schenectady, so the whole movie is basically my childhood right there. They filmed a scene at my old high school (which is pretty much in my backyard) and a lot of people I know are extras in the film. It’s going to be so exciting. Bradley Cooper doesn’t hurt either ;)
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Five Thoughts Friday

8 Emily @ Maple Miles April 12, 2013 at 9:35 am

So cool that Bradley Cooper was here for the premier! I wanted to spot him when they were here filming so badly, but never did! I heard he was at Bombers in Schenectady quite a bit…I’ve loved him since the Alias days!
Emily @ Maple Miles recently posted..Gym Advice & Bankruptcy via Grocery Shopping

9 Angela @ Health's Angel April 12, 2013 at 9:38 am

I live in Pittsburgh…and there are movies being filmed here constantly because of tax breaks. A couple summers ago, the new Batman movie filmed some scenes here- one of which being just right up the street from where I lived at the time. Apparently some people saw the Batmobile parked on the streets…
Also, a few years ago, most of a movie called “I Am Number Four” was filmed at my high school. They used a ton of local kids for extras! The movie sucked, but it was neat to see the halls of my old school and the football field on screen. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Rapunzel Wannabe

10 Erin @Axell's Kitchen April 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

Oh Bradley Cooper..yum. And Cody, that is hilarious!!
And I am so glad that you posted the dessert belly picture! I now don’t feel alone lol!
Erin @Axell’s Kitchen recently posted..Five Things Friday: What I’m Loving This Week

11 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl April 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

A cheeseburger quesadilla sounds fantastic! I totally love the added avocado to your burger, too! Seriously, avocado makes EVERYTHING better!! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Pizza Quesadilla

12 Leigha April 12, 2013 at 9:44 am

Aww Cody is so cute!! I saw that on Janae’s post yesterday too. hahaha! Your cheeseburgers always look so appealing… craving one! Ohh pancakes sound awesome too. that’s so cool they filmed the movie right by you!
Leigha recently posted..WIAW {nothing special}

13 Lauren April 12, 2013 at 9:47 am

Sounds like a great week full of awesome eats! Now I’m suddenly craving a cheeseburger though. Jay knows meat! :)

Have a lovely weekend love!

14 Allee @ Griselda Mood April 12, 2013 at 9:48 am

My cat does the same thing! We have mattresses in a spare room that we’ve been “getting rid” of for years and we always find her perched on top of them :-) Also, my best friend lives out near Albany and we were going to go stalk Bradley and Ryan when they were filming, but never made it. Handsome, handsome boys to have in your town!
Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..Comment on My Body’s Journey Back (7 Month Postpartum) by Alexandra

15 Holly @ EatGreatBeGreat April 12, 2013 at 9:48 am

Cats certainly do sleep in the funniest places…so cute! Your cookie bars look delicious! Definitely have to give them a try!
Holly @ EatGreatBeGreat recently posted..The Power of Ginger

16 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health April 12, 2013 at 9:49 am

That’s too cool Beyond The Pinesvwas filmed so close to you! I really want to see it. I’m in love with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper ain’t too shabby either. ;)
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Working Out at Home

17 Patty April 12, 2013 at 9:53 am

Those cookie bars look awesome. Think I may have some baking to do this weekend.

I’m excited to see the movie as well. I was on the set for some of the scenes shot at the fairgrounds and I was able to meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes. They were so nice and down to earth. All the crew members I got to work with were great. I hope the movie does well.

18 Pippa@popovertopippas April 12, 2013 at 10:03 am

I want one of those chocolate chip heath bars…And I definitely have one of those dessert stomachs too:)

19 Ashlee@HisnHers April 12, 2013 at 10:11 am

So cool that the movie is shot in your area! Bradley Cooper is a cutie.
Armageddon was actually shot in my hometown in Texas (parts of it anyway). They had a sign up sheet in the grocery store for extras (you got paid $50) and so I see a lot of familiar faces when I watch it! The part with the little boy flying an airplane running around the corner of a church is in my town and I went to school with him. Pretty cool!
Ashlee@HisnHers recently posted..Sweet Potato & Black Bean Vegan Quesadilla + On a Mission

20 Elizabeth @ myneonrunningshoes April 12, 2013 at 10:14 am

The cheeseburger looks great! And so do your bars :-) I saw that picture on janaes blog too and I agree, my dessert stomach is bigger than my meal stomachs!

21 Lisa April 12, 2013 at 10:24 am

That’s pretty awesome stuff Bradley Cooper was there was the premier. I’d be pretty pumped. More so if I saw him I think;)
There’s been a few low key movies shot here, none with big names that I’m aware of. Guess my towns not cool enough for that ;)
Cats always sleep in the silliest places, I love it.
Happy Friday!
Lisa recently posted..Coffee Talk

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 12, 2013 at 10:34 am

I went through a couple of burger phases during my pregnancy, too. ;) And I totally agree with the concept of having a dessert stomach. I don’t care how full I am … I can always find room for a good dessert!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies

23 Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles April 12, 2013 at 10:54 am

My husband actually waited on Bradley Cooper last night at Aperitivo and said he was very down to earth and polite!

Our cat Bentley does the exact same thing. We moved two weeks ago and he was perched on the mattress until we packed it up in the moving truck!

24 Brooke @ Running In Heels April 12, 2013 at 10:56 am

Those bars look like heaven!! And I LOVE Bradley Cooper.. so cute!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Beach Body Challenge Day 5

25 Renee @ Fit For Motherhood April 12, 2013 at 11:05 am

Oh my goodness, those bars look amazing. I think we are going to have to make some this weekend.

And your burgers still look good. I really need to make those, as well. :)
Renee @ Fit For Motherhood recently posted..Cheesy Baked Chicken Strips

26 Meghan @ After the Ivy League April 12, 2013 at 11:11 am

OMG that picture of Cody! hahaha! So this is a little embarrassing but we once had a mattress hanging out in our living room for probably a solid month while roommates were moving in and out etc. My cat LOVED to sit at the very top of it too! It was his spot and sometimes I think he still misses it.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..The Secret’s Out

27 Linz @ Itz Linz April 12, 2013 at 11:11 am

hahahah i’m pretty sure i have a second stomach for dessert too!! it never gets filled up!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..What I Miss

28 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 12, 2013 at 11:17 am

I absolutely believe in the existence of a dessert stomach…lord knows I have one!

29 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie April 12, 2013 at 11:21 am

Haha I definitely think I have dessert stomach! And Bradley Cooper is amazing, and the Gos in the same movie? Sign me up!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Dogs are the Best

30 Nicole @ FruitnFitness April 12, 2013 at 11:39 am

I love Cody’s new spot, and the dessert stomach is hilarious and so true! Those cookie bars look great! I haven’t had much success with making cookie bars or blondies, they always seem to burn on the outside and be too doughy in the center.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Bentley’s First Run of the Year

31 Ang @ Nutty for Life April 12, 2013 at 11:44 am

I’m originally from Pittsburgh, and with all the movies filmed here lately it’s been cool to see landmarks on the big screen!
Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..Friday Favorites

32 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections April 12, 2013 at 11:49 am

Cody is freaking hilarious! I love when pets do something so funny but they don’t realize it’s funny, so it’s even funnier.

Those cookie bars? Dear, Lord I need those in my life!!! Thanks for helping me decide what my weekend treat will be!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..{ Faith in My Friday } Just Come

33 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit April 12, 2013 at 11:53 am

Ha, the “dessert stomach” is so a real thing for me! There’s ALWAYS room for dessert. Happy Friday :)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Five for Friday San Francisco Edition

34 Ashley @ Life and Fitness April 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

I love any movie with Ryan Gosling in it, I just never get tired of his abs,,err I mean face haha. I am surprised Cody could manage even climbing up that high on those mattresses.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Obviously I Can’t Read Recipes

35 michelle kim April 12, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hehehe! Cody is so cute! I love how cats love to climb things and just chill there :).
I saw that post by Janae and totally agreed that that is how my internal organs are configured, too.

36 Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Finally some “scientific” backing for the infamous dessert stomach ;) I always knew I had one, considering I’ve never been able to pass up a sweet treat, no matter how full I was. And speaking of sweet treats… holy.wow are those cookie bars calling to me. I’ve been craving a gooey cookie bar/cake for a while now, and I’m thinking that I’m definitely going to have to make it happen soon. Those look incredible!

37 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny April 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

That dessert stomach pic is tooooo freaking funny! English muffin cheeseburgers are one of the things I miss most about being gluten free – those look amazing!
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Healthier Shepherd’s Pie

38 Lea @ Greens & Coffee Beans April 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

My cat did the same thing! My brothers were getting new mattresses, and the old mattresses were sitting in our hallway for maybe an hour, we came back to take the mattresses out to the garage and we found her curled up on top of them. One of my other cats has topped that recently when I found him on top of our refrigerator! Cats are so silly.

39 Melissa@forloveandtravel April 12, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Those pancakes look so good. Here I am drinking my Morning Shake (which is all part of my getting fit for baby routine), and all I can think is how delicious they look. I’m going to have to write this recipe down so I can make them for my Husband one day. (Then sneak a bite when he’s not looking.) :)
Melissa@forloveandtravel recently posted..2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

40 Amanda B April 12, 2013 at 12:45 pm

My parent’s cat loves sitting on mattresses just like Cody. We had one sitting in the hallway and he scaled the side of it with his claws and pulled himself up! It was funny but also crazy!

41 Miranda @ Miranda Runs April 12, 2013 at 1:36 pm

That’s so cool that you had a celebrity at your local movie theater! My dog always climbs on the arms of the chairs so she can see better. Haha!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Burn baby burn

42 Shel@PeachyPalate April 12, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Avocado slices are the way to go when it comes to burger toppings!!! :) That is some ruby red ketchup btw! Happy Friday!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Chocolate Pumpkin Quick Loaf

43 Christa April 12, 2013 at 3:06 pm

How cool that they filmed that movie near you!! Anchorman 2 is supposed to start filming in my town (St Simons Island, GA) next week and I’m hoping to get lucky and have a Paul Rudd sighting. I’ve loved him since Clueless!

44 Katie April 12, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Those cookie bars remind me of your crispy heath bar and chocolate chip cookies. I made them the other weekend and everyone said they were the best cookies I’ve ever made! So good :)

45 Heather @fitncookies April 12, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Those cookie bars are so good! I’ve made them before. Cody cracks me up! Oh gosh he is too funny up there! Seriously, he might hate you when you move his king spot. My dessert stomach is larger than my real stomach. I’m ok with it. The end :) Have a great weekend Courtney!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..The Body Never Lies

46 Anne Marie April 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Cody is so cute! I’ve missed him in your posts:)

47 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up April 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Oh gosh, I cannot tell you how much I am craving pancakes now. However, I don’t think I am going to convince my husband to make them for me. You lucky duck!!!
Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Did I Make a Mistake?

48 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills April 12, 2013 at 5:58 pm

My cats always end up in the strangest places too!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..5k Race for Hunger Recap

49 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 12, 2013 at 6:58 pm

LOL at Cody’s new spot!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Trying with No Results

50 Kelly @ Femme Fitale April 12, 2013 at 7:13 pm

There is an overwhelming focus on post-natal exercise, which there should be of course. However, it’s nice to see prenatal fitness DVDs (and classes) making a breakthrough, as opposed to just yoga. Although I loved my 2x/weekly prenatal yoga classes, I realized that there is a huge lack of prenatal cardio/resistance training/group fitness classes out there!!!

51 Avery @ SBLW April 12, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Mmm I really want pancakes now. Dinner idea!

52 Bek @ Crave April 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I really enjoyed today’s fun facts :) Haha Cody is a hoot :P And you’ve got me craving a good old cheeseburger now!
Haha the dessert stomach- totally can relate :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Link Love 13/4

53 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles April 12, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Awww Cody is adorable! I want a pet so badly just so I can share funny stories about him/her!

So true about the dessert stomach–there’s ALWAYS room for dessert! For some reason my parents never understood that as I was growing up ;)

54 Lindsay April 12, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I’d be curious to see how you like Erin O’Brien’s fitness workout. I tried it when I was pregnant and I hated it (there is a review on my blog). I really enjoyed Summer Sanders workout videos and Shiva Rhea’s prenatal, although I preferred going to prenatal yoga classes.
Lindsay recently posted..Yoga Shout Outs

55 Amanda @ A Latte Learn April 12, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I’ve loved Bradley Cooper ever since my middle school days of watching ALIAS on Sunday nights, haha! The movie Ides of March was filmed at my University in college and it was a BIG day when George Clooney and Ryan Gosling were on campus!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Not Your Everyday Flower

56 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique April 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I feel the same way about the dessert stomach. It seriously feels like every time I think I’m absolutely stuffed and someone offers me dessert I SUDDENLY have room.
Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique recently posted..Today I Learned How To Manipulate Images without using Photoshop

57 Ellie@Fit for the Soul April 14, 2013 at 11:19 am

hahaha so cute, that Cody! My cat used to do the exact same thing as she just hopped on the fridge whenever we’d start vacuuming! :D I wish I was agile like cats…
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Time for a Ballet Body Giveaway

58 Samantha April 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm

My two friends are actually extras in the movie! We’re all from upstate originally, and those two are aspiring actors, so they hopped on the opportunity real quick. I can’t wait to see the film and try to spot ‘em!

59 Erica April 17, 2013 at 3:55 pm

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just want re-watch it over and over and over and over….which may have something to do with BOTH B.Cooper andddddddddd Ryan Gosling <3__________<3

Go. watch.it.NOW!!!