Fun Facts Friday {4/12}

Fridayyyyyyyy! WOOT WOOT! I honestly feel like it was just Monday, which is super surprising considering the fact that each day this week felt like it took forever to go by. But hey, I’m not complaining!

Today, I’m going all Fun Facts Friday on ya again because, well, I’m a bit all over the place this morning.

1. First things first, I have GOT to share the scene I woke up to both yesterday AND this morning. Please disregard the fact that this is now about 2 weeks that the mattresses have still been sitting in our living room (we’re working on it…sort of). But apparently, it looks like someone might be upset if we move them…

Freakin’. Hilarious.

I walked out to go grab water from the kitchen and suddenly heard his meows coming from the living room. I looked in his usual spots but he wasn’t there. Then, wouldn’t you know, I look up to find him perched on top of the mattresses.

Talk about the king of the house, eh? 😉

2. Last night Jay and I ate the two leftover cheeseburgers from Tuesday. I made Jay a “cheeseburger quesadilla” of sorts (with the crumbled burger, mozz, sauteed peppers and onions, and some guac – OMG so good) and I had mine heated up with some provolone cheese, avocado slices, ketchup, and some hidden garlic aioli on a toasted English muffin. With some sauteed zucchini on the side.

Still. Can’t. Get. Enough. Cheeseburgers.

3. I found the urge to bake shortly after dinner last night. And despite all of the new, amazing recipes I’ve been finding on Pinterest these days, I still went back to my tried and true chewy chocolate chip heath bar cookie recipe…but this time, I made them in bar form.

I actually only made half a batch and baked them in a small, 11×7 pan – 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. I made sure to keep an eye on them, since I never tried the recipe in bar form, but if you like your cookie bars slightly gooey, then 20 minutes will absolutely do the trick. WOW.

4.I have some new prenatal workout DVDs, courtesy of Acacia.

The box set comes with two DVDs – Prenatal Yoga & Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O’Brien – and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Admittedly, I set my alarm early to wake up and workout on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but wound up snoozing through the alarm all three days in a row. This morning, however, I had my new DVD to motivate me to get up!

I decided to try the Prenatal Fitness Fix, and honestly, I loved it WAY more than I thought I was going to in the beginning. At first, the camera work seemed a little cheesy, but the workout itself was probably one of the more intense out of all of my prenatal DVDs. Definitely heavy on the lower body work…I have a feeling my legs will be feelin’ it soon!

I’m planning on putting together a review post of all of my prenatal DVD’s next week, so in case you’re interested, stay tuned.

5. I found this photo on Janae’s post yesterday, and it honestly could not be more true.

I showed it to Jay last night and he said it fit me to a T. What can I say? 😉

6. I’ve been having a major craving for pancakes the past few days so I asked Jay if he’d be willing to make me some this weekend.

He has agreed. I am pumped.

7. The winner of the Custom Artwork Giveaway has been chosen…congratulations to Tracey!

win

Email me ASAP at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you in touch with Erin for your custom piece of art. :)

8. There’s a new movie coming out which you may have heard of – The Place Beyond the Pines.

What you may not know is that parts of the movie were shot back in 2011 right in Schenectady, NY, which is actually only about 20 minutes away from me…and Bradley Cooper was HERE last night for the premiere.

source

Word on the street is that he is quite a humble, awesome guy.

And now I’m even more excited to go see this movie, not only because I love the cast, but because I want to see if I can spot any local landmarks. How cool, right?!

Okay, I think I’m about done rambling for this morning. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!! :)

Comments

Yummmm your cookie bars look SO GOOD. So does the cheeseburger on an english muffin. I’ve never tried that but I really like that idea!! I will watch just about any movie with bradley cooper. Anything at all.
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Grossed out

Those chocolate chip heath bar cookies sound awesome! I made a cookie cake last week and it was soap good, I have definitely been craving chocolate chips the pat week and fully relate to the ‘stomach’ picture you posted… :)

I really want to see beyond the pines! I love Ryan gosling and I like Bradley cooper a lot too thanks to the hangover! (I know, I am mature! Ha!)

I have some toffee bits in our cabinet and since it’s rainy outside, today would be the perfect day to get my bake on! I completely agree with the dessert stomach. I’ll be so full after dinner but if someone says, chocolate cake… Immediately, I can feel my stomach shift as it opens a closed door which was waiting to hear the word, “chocolate”. It’s so funny. Have a great Friday! :-)
    Lauren recently posted..I have some weird habits.

Wow. that cookie bar looks incredible. I may need to break my “stay away from sugar” plan just for that! I love watching movies filmed in my home town (Miami) or really any place I have been. Its like playing I Spy the whole movie! Plus, the Gos is sooo dreamy.
    Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

The bars look fantastic!
    I haven’t heard of that movie but I went to college in Schenectady and will have to check it out! Plus who doesn’t love Bradley Cooper? :)

I can’t WAIT to see the movie! I grew up in Schenectady, so the whole movie is basically my childhood right there. They filmed a scene at my old high school (which is pretty much in my backyard) and a lot of people I know are extras in the film. It’s going to be so exciting. Bradley Cooper doesn’t hurt either 😉
    Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Five Thoughts Friday

I live in Pittsburgh…and there are movies being filmed here constantly because of tax breaks. A couple summers ago, the new Batman movie filmed some scenes here- one of which being just right up the street from where I lived at the time. Apparently some people saw the Batmobile parked on the streets…
    Also, a few years ago, most of a movie called “I Am Number Four” was filmed at my high school. They used a ton of local kids for extras! The movie sucked, but it was neat to see the halls of my old school and the football field on screen. :)
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Rapunzel Wannabe

Aww Cody is so cute!! I saw that on Janae’s post yesterday too. hahaha! Your cheeseburgers always look so appealing… craving one! Ohh pancakes sound awesome too. that’s so cool they filmed the movie right by you!
    Leigha recently posted..WIAW {nothing special}

Sounds like a great week full of awesome eats! Now I’m suddenly craving a cheeseburger though. Jay knows meat! :)

Have a lovely weekend love!

My cat does the same thing! We have mattresses in a spare room that we’ve been “getting rid” of for years and we always find her perched on top of them :-) Also, my best friend lives out near Albany and we were going to go stalk Bradley and Ryan when they were filming, but never made it. Handsome, handsome boys to have in your town!
    Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..Comment on My Body’s Journey Back (7 Month Postpartum) by Alexandra

11. Patty says

Those cookie bars look awesome. Think I may have some baking to do this weekend.

I’m excited to see the movie as well. I was on the set for some of the scenes shot at the fairgrounds and I was able to meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes. They were so nice and down to earth. All the crew members I got to work with were great. I hope the movie does well.

So cool that the movie is shot in your area! Bradley Cooper is a cutie.
    Armageddon was actually shot in my hometown in Texas (parts of it anyway). They had a sign up sheet in the grocery store for extras (you got paid $50) and so I see a lot of familiar faces when I watch it! The part with the little boy flying an airplane running around the corner of a church is in my town and I went to school with him. Pretty cool!
    Ashlee@HisnHers recently posted..Sweet Potato & Black Bean Vegan Quesadilla + On a Mission

13. Elizabeth @ myneonrunningshoes says

The cheeseburger looks great! And so do your bars :-) I saw that picture on janaes blog too and I agree, my dessert stomach is bigger than my meal stomachs!

That’s pretty awesome stuff Bradley Cooper was there was the premier. I’d be pretty pumped. More so if I saw him I think;)
    There’s been a few low key movies shot here, none with big names that I’m aware of. Guess my towns not cool enough for that 😉
    Cats always sleep in the silliest places, I love it.
    Happy Friday!
    Lisa recently posted..Coffee Talk

15. Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles says

My husband actually waited on Bradley Cooper last night at Aperitivo and said he was very down to earth and polite!

Our cat Bentley does the exact same thing. We moved two weeks ago and he was perched on the mattress until we packed it up in the moving truck!

OMG that picture of Cody! hahaha! So this is a little embarrassing but we once had a mattress hanging out in our living room for probably a solid month while roommates were moving in and out etc. My cat LOVED to sit at the very top of it too! It was his spot and sometimes I think he still misses it.
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..The Secret’s Out

Hehehe! Cody is so cute! I love how cats love to climb things and just chill there :).
    I saw that post by Janae and totally agreed that that is how my internal organs are configured, too.

Finally some “scientific” backing for the infamous dessert stomach 😉 I always knew I had one, considering I’ve never been able to pass up a sweet treat, no matter how full I was. And speaking of sweet treats… holy.wow are those cookie bars calling to me. I’ve been craving a gooey cookie bar/cake for a while now, and I’m thinking that I’m definitely going to have to make it happen soon. Those look incredible!

My cat did the same thing! My brothers were getting new mattresses, and the old mattresses were sitting in our hallway for maybe an hour, we came back to take the mattresses out to the garage and we found her curled up on top of them. One of my other cats has topped that recently when I found him on top of our refrigerator! Cats are so silly.

20. Amanda B says

My parent’s cat loves sitting on mattresses just like Cody. We had one sitting in the hallway and he scaled the side of it with his claws and pulled himself up! It was funny but also crazy!

21. Christa says

How cool that they filmed that movie near you!! Anchorman 2 is supposed to start filming in my town (St Simons Island, GA) next week and I’m hoping to get lucky and have a Paul Rudd sighting. I’ve loved him since Clueless!

22. Katie says

Those cookie bars remind me of your crispy heath bar and chocolate chip cookies. I made them the other weekend and everyone said they were the best cookies I’ve ever made! So good :)

Those cookie bars are so good! I’ve made them before. Cody cracks me up! Oh gosh he is too funny up there! Seriously, he might hate you when you move his king spot. My dessert stomach is larger than my real stomach. I’m ok with it. The end :) Have a great weekend Courtney!
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..The Body Never Lies

There is an overwhelming focus on post-natal exercise, which there should be of course. However, it’s nice to see prenatal fitness DVDs (and classes) making a breakthrough, as opposed to just yoga. Although I loved my 2x/weekly prenatal yoga classes, I realized that there is a huge lack of prenatal cardio/resistance training/group fitness classes out there!!!

Awww Cody is adorable! I want a pet so badly just so I can share funny stories about him/her!

So true about the dessert stomach–there’s ALWAYS room for dessert! For some reason my parents never understood that as I was growing up 😉

I’d be curious to see how you like Erin O’Brien’s fitness workout. I tried it when I was pregnant and I hated it (there is a review on my blog). I really enjoyed Summer Sanders workout videos and Shiva Rhea’s prenatal, although I preferred going to prenatal yoga classes.
    Lindsay recently posted..Yoga Shout Outs

My two friends are actually extras in the movie! We’re all from upstate originally, and those two are aspiring actors, so they hopped on the opportunity real quick. I can’t wait to see the film and try to spot ’em!

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i just want re-watch it over and over and over and over….which may have something to do with BOTH B.Cooper andddddddddd Ryan Gosling <3__________<3

Go. watch.it.NOW!!!