Baby Tooth: 26 Weeks

by Courtney on April 16, 2013

It’s been a pretty uneventful week of pregnancy over here this week…

26 weeks

But we are one more week closer!

Baby Tooth is just over 26 weeks today and is about the size of a head of lettuce.

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth is now about 13.6-14.8 inches long and weighs 1.5-2.5 pounds.
  • He may now be able to hear both my voice and Jay’s as we chat with each other. For this reason, I’ve told Jay he has to be 100% nice too me ALL of the time from now on. Haha.
  • He’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he’s born and takes that first gulp of air.
  • He’s continuing to put on baby fat, and his “parts” are continuing to develop.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: No idea, but I feel totally huge this week!

Workouts: This past week was a bit lighter on the exercise front. I believe I got in about 3 solid workouts, with another quick makeshift one thrown in the mix. Still a mix of the usuals though – cardio, Pilates, and some weights.

Symptoms:

• Some stomach discomfort, which comes and goes in my upper abdomen. Nothing painful really, just more of a nuisance than anything.
  • Back pain…I’ve been very lucky my whole life to never have really had to experience back pain. This past week has been a whole different story though. And it’s not just my lower back…it’s the whole shebang.
  • Acid reflux, but nothing too bad.
  • Still lots of trips to the bathroom. Nothing new there!

Movement: Oh my gosh, SO much! Now we get a total kick out of watching him move. He’s actually most active at night, usually between 8-10pm, so while we’re hanging out on the couch he’ll usually give us a bit of a show.

Food Aversions: Not too many – hot coffee is still ehh.

Food Cravings: Mexican, guacamole (specifically, TJ’s guacamole hummus), cold foods, chocolate, and carbs. Lots of carbs.

Sleep: Pretty good this week!

Stretch marks? Nope!

Miss Anything?  Regular pants. I’m pretty much exclusive on the maternity pants now, and most of them have the band that covers the whole belly. It’s great for the first half of the day, but then I cannot wait to take them off and put on my yoga pants or sweats.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Ordering invitations for our baby showers! We’re having two, and I had a blast checking out Etsy for some cute designs. Here are the two that we picked out:

Cute, right?!? (Invite on the left can be found HERE / Invite on the right can be found HERE).

One of the showers is going to be women-only, and the other is going to be held at my parents’ house and will be a “Jack & Jill” type shower with guys and gals. I’m so looking forward to both!!

Belly Button in or out? Still in. And seriously mom, I really don’t think it’s going anywhere!

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Definitely happy the majority of the time…but I have noticed this past week that I’ve had a few instances of moodiness. It really comes out of nowhere, or I get annoyed over the silliest thing…but thankfully, they quickly pass.

New Baby Items: We got the rest of our nursery furniture over the weekend! We’re still working on putting everything together, but I’m already loving it. Here’s a little peek…

Looking Forward To: Doing more with the nursery, helping with my two baby showers coming up at the beginning of June, and just continuing to watch Baby Tooth (and me) grow!

Question for the Moms:

Did you have a baby shower? Was there anything fun and/or exciting that happened?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 16, 2013 at 7:20 am

LOOOOOOVE the invites!! My mom, sister, and best friend are starting to plan my shower and they won’t let me do anything to help. I’m kind of a control freak so it’s driving me CRAZY!!

2 Katy @ HaveYouHurd April 16, 2013 at 7:26 am

I’m 30 weeks right now, due June 15th, and my shower is on May 18th! I am SO SCARED I’m going to go early (before my baby shower) and I feel like I have nothing! EEK! I feel like lately I’ve heard a million “early baby” stories, but it’s probably just me freaking out. Okay, it’s definitely just me freaking out. Ha!

Those invites are ADORABLE!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Week 29 Update

3 Courtney April 16, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Haha, it’s funny you say that because I was worried about having it too close to the due date too!

4 Avery @ SBLW April 16, 2013 at 7:36 am

I love the bottom half lining on the nursery walls. I think walls like that are super cute and totally add a “done” effect. You’re looking fantastic! You’re pulling into the home stretch! Almost there!

5 Heather @fitncookies April 16, 2013 at 7:43 am

Those invites are so adorable! I love that you’re having a Jack and Jill shower! That’ll be so fun!

6 Shel@PeachyPalate April 16, 2013 at 7:44 am

Love the invites! I went to one recently and we played a game in groups of 3 where one person was the baby and the others had to dress you as a baby using toilet roll (over your clothes obviously :) ) Great bit of fun!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A dozen chocolate chippers

7 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes April 16, 2013 at 7:51 am

Love the invites! Since I am into scrapbooking the hostess of my shower bought a bunch of supplies and had everyone make a page for his scrapbook! And we also decorated onesies for the first 12 months. It was so much fun!!!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..T minus 1 month: Claire!

8 Courtney April 16, 2013 at 12:44 pm

That all sounds so cute!

9 Courtney April 16, 2013 at 7:56 am

I love the idea of 2 showers like that! Will you be doing a post about them/the planning? I would never even think to have a Jack & Jill style one for friends, sounds fun!

10 Courtney April 16, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Probably not anything about planning them, since I’m not really in charge of that (I just offered to help pick out some invitations) but I’m sure I’ll have some recaps of the showers themselves. :)

11 Erin @Axell's Kitchen April 16, 2013 at 7:57 am

LOVE the chalkboard invite!! And I had two baby showers, one was with family and friends and the other was with just all my girlfriends. Both were so fun and we racked up!
Erin @Axell’s Kitchen recently posted..Meal Planning for the Week, A Pumping Update and Target Randoms

12 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 16, 2013 at 8:10 am

The invites are definitely adorable!

13 Lindsay April 16, 2013 at 9:36 am

Those baby shower invitations are the cutest!

14 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives April 16, 2013 at 9:40 am

Awww, those invites… LOVE! Way too cute! Especially the one that has “Bun in the Oven, Burgers on the Grill…” on it. Lol! Great work on the nursery so far, also!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Monday Madness! :-)

15 Cher April 16, 2013 at 10:47 am

Are you planning your own baby shower?

16 Courtney April 16, 2013 at 12:43 pm

No, both my mom and mother-in-law are planning them but they asked for some help in finding some invitations so I offered to take care of that for them :)

17 Cher April 23, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Oh, okay! My sister and mom asked for my input on invitations for my bridal shower, too! And then they waited too long and had to call everyone. LOL.

18 Kathryn April 16, 2013 at 10:57 am

I actually didn’t make it to my baby shower. It was supposed to be on a Sunday, when I was 34.5 weeks. That Saturday, I wound up in the hospital, and my daughter was born half a week later.

19 Courtney April 16, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Oh my gosh!

20 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 16, 2013 at 11:22 am

I really like the idea of a Jack and Jill baby shower. Sounds like a lot of fun! The invites are really cute!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies!?!

21 Allee @ Griselda Mood April 16, 2013 at 11:36 am

Aw, those invitations are so cute! My daughter is 7 months old and we had a big baby shower. Nothing unusual happened other than my lovably crazy Grandma insisting that EVERYONE engage in a random saying of the “Lord’s Prayer” after I opened up presents haha. It was hilarious/embarrassing. Gotta love grandmas! ;-)
Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..Thinking of Boston

22 Annette@FitnessPerks April 16, 2013 at 11:59 am

Oh those invites are super cute!! I esp love the one on the right!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..14 Weeks

23 Sara April 16, 2013 at 3:15 pm

My friend’s little one was 7 weeks early and we never got to have a baby shower for her. We were so sad.
I’m having two showers too and no one will let me help. They keep asking me these cryptic questions over email. So annoying, but secretly fun!

24 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up April 16, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I had baby showers with both of my kids and they were really so special. It is just nice to see everyone come together to honor that little bundle of joy in your belly. Plus, getting all the baby gear without having to pay for it….SO helpful!!!

By the way, I may rival you for the deepest belly button ever. At 39 weeks, I could still stick the top part of my pinky in there. Mine was NOT gonna be an outie, no way, no how!!
Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Running for Those Who Can’t

25 Kelsey April 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I love the invites on the right! I am planning my friend’s baby shower and this would be perfect.
Kelsey recently posted..Chuck Norris Has Offspring?!

26 Lisa April 16, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Adorable invites! At a friend’s baby shower many, many years ago a relative of hers ordered the cake from Costco. When she cut into it we were all a little surprised to see a completely uneven cake. I’m an avid baker so I know you are supposed to bang the pan to make sure everything is even before baking it. This cake was far from it. The bakery tried to hide their mistake by adding about an inch (not kidding on that part) of icing to make up for the fact that the cake wasn’t even. We all took photos and told the relative to go back and demand a refund (not sure if she did). Despite this the cake wasn’t too bad.
Lesson to take away from this…find a good bakery that will create something amazing and not cover up mistakes. Good luck planning your showers.

27 Gina @ LifetotheFdegree April 16, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Those invitations are adorable! You look great by the way…glad to hear you’re feeling pretty good too!
Gina @ LifetotheFdegree recently posted..Sperrys

28 Miranda @ Miranda Runs April 16, 2013 at 7:40 pm

You’re getting so close! Your little boy will be here before you know it :)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Operation: Prom Dress Week 2 Recap + Week 3 Goals

29 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples April 16, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Love the invites – too cute! ♥
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..How Scientists View the Relationship Between Science and Religion

30 Bek @ Crave April 16, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Awww, I have an urge to just rub your belly haha- do a lot of people do that to you? What’s your reaction like?

31 Courtney April 17, 2013 at 7:06 am

Haha, not too many – only a few but it’s people I’d be cool with doing it anyways. :)

32 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom April 17, 2013 at 9:38 am

Nope, no Baby Shower over here. *Sigh* I really wanted one, but it’s Jewish tradition not to celebrate until after the baby is born and is healthy and well. Technically I wasn’t even supposed to be buying all my gear and the nursery furniture beforehand, but I’m way too type A to have let that go down! I’m also not remotely superstitious, so the no shower thing was such a disappointment!
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..Road Tripping with an Active Baby