Baby Tooth: 26 Weeks

It’s been a pretty uneventful week of pregnancy over here this week…

26 weeks

But we are one more week closer!

Baby Tooth is just over 26 weeks today and is about the size of a head of lettuce.

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth is now about 13.6-14.8 inches long and weighs 1.5-2.5 pounds.
  • He may now be able to hear both my voice and Jay’s as we chat with each other. For this reason, I’ve told Jay he has to be 100% nice too me ALL of the time from now on. Haha.
  • He’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he’s born and takes that first gulp of air.
  • He’s continuing to put on baby fat, and his “parts” are continuing to develop.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: No idea, but I feel totally huge this week!

Workouts: This past week was a bit lighter on the exercise front. I believe I got in about 3 solid workouts, with another quick makeshift one thrown in the mix. Still a mix of the usuals though – cardio, Pilates, and some weights.

Symptoms:

• Some stomach discomfort, which comes and goes in my upper abdomen. Nothing painful really, just more of a nuisance than anything.
  • Back pain…I’ve been very lucky my whole life to never have really had to experience back pain. This past week has been a whole different story though. And it’s not just my lower back…it’s the whole shebang.
  • Acid reflux, but nothing too bad.
  • Still lots of trips to the bathroom. Nothing new there!

Movement: Oh my gosh, SO much! Now we get a total kick out of watching him move. He’s actually most active at night, usually between 8-10pm, so while we’re hanging out on the couch he’ll usually give us a bit of a show.

Food Aversions: Not too many – hot coffee is still ehh.

Food Cravings: Mexican, guacamole (specifically, TJ’s guacamole hummus), cold foods, chocolate, and carbs. Lots of carbs.

Sleep: Pretty good this week!

Stretch marks? Nope!

Miss Anything?  Regular pants. I’m pretty much exclusive on the maternity pants now, and most of them have the band that covers the whole belly. It’s great for the first half of the day, but then I cannot wait to take them off and put on my yoga pants or sweats.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Ordering invitations for our baby showers! We’re having two, and I had a blast checking out Etsy for some cute designs. Here are the two that we picked out:

Cute, right?!? (Invite on the left can be found HERE / Invite on the right can be found HERE).

One of the showers is going to be women-only, and the other is going to be held at my parents’ house and will be a “Jack & Jill” type shower with guys and gals. I’m so looking forward to both!!

Belly Button in or out? Still in. And seriously mom, I really don’t think it’s going anywhere!

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Definitely happy the majority of the time…but I have noticed this past week that I’ve had a few instances of moodiness. It really comes out of nowhere, or I get annoyed over the silliest thing…but thankfully, they quickly pass.

New Baby Items: We got the rest of our nursery furniture over the weekend! We’re still working on putting everything together, but I’m already loving it. Here’s a little peek…

Looking Forward To: Doing more with the nursery, helping with my two baby showers coming up at the beginning of June, and just continuing to watch Baby Tooth (and me) grow!

Question for the Moms:

Did you have a baby shower? Was there anything fun and/or exciting that happened?

Comments

I’m 30 weeks right now, due June 15th, and my shower is on May 18th! I am SO SCARED I’m going to go early (before my baby shower) and I feel like I have nothing! EEK! I feel like lately I’ve heard a million “early baby” stories, but it’s probably just me freaking out. Okay, it’s definitely just me freaking out. Ha!

Those invites are ADORABLE!
    Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Week 29 Update

I love the bottom half lining on the nursery walls. I think walls like that are super cute and totally add a “done” effect. You’re looking fantastic! You’re pulling into the home stretch! Almost there!

3. Heather @fitncookies says

Those invites are so adorable! I love that you’re having a Jack and Jill shower! That’ll be so fun!

4. Courtney says

I love the idea of 2 showers like that! Will you be doing a post about them/the planning? I would never even think to have a Jack & Jill style one for friends, sounds fun!

• Courtney says

Probably not anything about planning them, since I’m not really in charge of that (I just offered to help pick out some invitations) but I’m sure I’ll have some recaps of the showers themselves. :)

• Courtney says

No, both my mom and mother-in-law are planning them but they asked for some help in finding some invitations so I offered to take care of that for them :)

• Cher says

Oh, okay! My sister and mom asked for my input on invitations for my bridal shower, too! And then they waited too long and had to call everyone. LOL.

5. Kathryn says

I actually didn’t make it to my baby shower. It was supposed to be on a Sunday, when I was 34.5 weeks. That Saturday, I wound up in the hospital, and my daughter was born half a week later.

Aw, those invitations are so cute! My daughter is 7 months old and we had a big baby shower. Nothing unusual happened other than my lovably crazy Grandma insisting that EVERYONE engage in a random saying of the “Lord’s Prayer” after I opened up presents haha. It was hilarious/embarrassing. Gotta love grandmas! ;-)
    Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..Thinking of Boston

7. Sara says

My friend’s little one was 7 weeks early and we never got to have a baby shower for her. We were so sad.
    I’m having two showers too and no one will let me help. They keep asking me these cryptic questions over email. So annoying, but secretly fun!

I had baby showers with both of my kids and they were really so special. It is just nice to see everyone come together to honor that little bundle of joy in your belly. Plus, getting all the baby gear without having to pay for it….SO helpful!!!

By the way, I may rival you for the deepest belly button ever. At 39 weeks, I could still stick the top part of my pinky in there. Mine was NOT gonna be an outie, no way, no how!!
    Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Running for Those Who Can’t

9. Lisa says

Adorable invites! At a friend’s baby shower many, many years ago a relative of hers ordered the cake from Costco. When she cut into it we were all a little surprised to see a completely uneven cake. I’m an avid baker so I know you are supposed to bang the pan to make sure everything is even before baking it. This cake was far from it. The bakery tried to hide their mistake by adding about an inch (not kidding on that part) of icing to make up for the fact that the cake wasn’t even. We all took photos and told the relative to go back and demand a refund (not sure if she did). Despite this the cake wasn’t too bad.
    Lesson to take away from this…find a good bakery that will create something amazing and not cover up mistakes. Good luck planning your showers.

Nope, no Baby Shower over here. *Sigh* I really wanted one, but it’s Jewish tradition not to celebrate until after the baby is born and is healthy and well. Technically I wasn’t even supposed to be buying all my gear and the nursery furniture beforehand, but I’m way too type A to have let that go down! I’m also not remotely superstitious, so the no shower thing was such a disappointment!
    Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..Road Tripping with an Active Baby

Trackbacks