A Little Mellow

Hey guys! How’s it shakin’ this morning? Hard to believe it’s already Thursday, but I’ll totally take it.

Things have been fairly quiet and uneventful for me this week, so I honestly just haven’t had all that much to talk about. I was actually just chatting with Chelsey about this, and we both agreed that hey, it happens. It’s okay to lead boring lives once in a while…in fact, it’s kinda not too shabby. That just means that the blog might be a little mellow in the meantime…but I’m sure life will spice back up again sooner or later.

Alright, so let’s see…what’s been happening on the food and fitness front? Well, fitness has been happening, so I can’t complain about that. So far this week I’ve gotten in a good treadmill walk and and a 30 minute Pilates session. Tonight after work, I’m planning on doing another circuit workout (which I failed to get up early enough for this morning) so we’ll see how that goes.

As for food? There’s been some good stuff, but I guess nothing really all that earth-shattering. Plenty of the usuals, with cereal being a new favorite breakfast item.

This was yesterday’s bowl, which was a combo of Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch (OMG so good) and Kashi Go Lean Crisp (a favorite from back in the day!) with strawberries and almond milk.

Dinners have been a mix – sometimes we feel like cooking, sometimes we feel like keeping it easy. Last night’s dinner was kept fairly easy but it totally rocked.

I cooked up some sugar snap peas and sweet potato waffle fries, but the real stars of the show were the grilled cheese sandwiches that I made for the both of us. Jay got a grilled ham, turkey bacon, and cheese, while I made myself a grilled roast turkey, turkey bacon, provolone, and spinach sandwich with honey mustard.

Ohhhh man, you guys. It was sooooo good.

Jay and I spent the rest of the evening playing with the Codster and catching up on this week’s episodes of The Voice. We also treated ourselves to a couple small dishes of Edy’s light french vanilla ice cream later in the evening. Love that stuff. 😉

On a different note, it’s been so heartwarming to see such an outpouring of support for the victims of the Boston Marathon tragedy. In case you’re looking for a way to help, here a few resources that I’ve come across so far:

If there’s any others that you know of, please let me know so I can add them to the list.

**Updated from reader, Michelle:

Your dinner looks delicious! I always love sandwiches, especially when they are toasted like that! And sweet potato fries are always a good combo with anything!

Like you, I have loved seeing everyone reach out and help after the Boston Marathon. Our world is such a crazy place, but it is good to know there are still some good people out there.

Things have been a little mellow with me too, I guess not every week can be exciting;) although, I know the next few weeks are going to be insane, and I’m kind of excited for that.
    And now I’m craving grilled cheese!
    Lisa recently posted..I Believe…

That sandwich looks amazing, I love experimenting with paninis and grilled sandwiches. My favourite to date has got to be turkey + pesto + tomato. Glad things aren’t super busy for you, I mean sometimes a low key life is just what we need right!?
    Lyric recently posted..Benefits of Green Tea

You and Jay manage to get so creative in the kitchen and I love it- such a yummy take on grilled cheese! Also, I’ve been a cereal fiend lately! Not sure what’s gotten into me considering I haven’t eaten any in months. I keep adding honey bunches of oats to my yogurt bowls this week…
    I hear you on the uneventful week thing. I feel like my life has been so boring lately. But in a way, that’s a good thing. I can’t imagine all the lives that have been turned upside down by the events this week.
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Rapunzel Wannabe

5. Alaina says

That grilled cheese looks delicious! How do you manage to get all the internal ingrediants nice and gooey without over cooking the toast? Also, what do you generally use in the pan to cook your grilled cheese?

On another note, I totally agree that Honey Nut Cheerios Medley is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I equally enjoy the Kashi Go Lean Crisp! w/ berries. Have you ever tried Fiber One’s Chocolate cereal? It’s a new favorite of mine with a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk! Brings me back to my childhood!

• Courtney says

I just put a little butter on my bread and use a little cooking spray in the pan. Never cook higher than medium.
      I’ve also never tried that particular Fiber One, but it sounds yummy! :)

• Alaina says

Thanks! I might have to make that one of my go-to quickie dinners! Btw, tried out your OOIAJ since I am a peanut butter lover and loved it!

Thanks for mentioning my city 😉

Rue La La is selling a tshirt with proceeds to go to Emergency Medicine Fund at Massachusetts General Hospital

The New England Patriots and New England Revolution also have set up Charitable Foundations

And the Salvation Army is accepting donations as well
    Michelle recently posted..Time is on my side; yes it is

7. lauren says

There is nothing better than a grilled sandwich. I made grilled cheeses for us last Friday and added a fried egg to mine, then at the last minute I snuck some avocado in mine. It was amazing!
    If you ever want to post about your AM routine, I’d be curious. I am a total mess in the am. Even when I get up 2 hours before I have to leave, nobody can lose half hour blocks like me. It is so, so terrible. I figure I should work on this before my son arrives sometime in July, it’s only going to get harder.

I must make that sandwich soon! My mouth is watering!!!!
    Over here in Alabama, we got tons and tons of runners running for Boston. And non-runners too! Its amazing!
    I just posted about our event last night at Trak Shak and the blood drive they had there for people who wanted to donate blood!
    I am so happy about being a runner and being involved in this wonderful running community.
    Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..Running for Boston + Coconut Overnight Oats Recipe