A Busy Weekend Wrap Up

Well hey there, my friends! Happy Monday to you all! Did everyone have a great weekend? Mine was actually suuuuper productive, with a few other fun perks thrown into the mix as well…and I even took some photos along the way too.

The one downer to the weekend was that I was solo…well, besides my Codester and the dancing machine that’s all up in my belly. Jay actually left on Thursday to head to Arizona for a wedding and didn’t get back until late yesterday afternoon. But it wasn’t all bad…I got some quality down time and got a TON of work done around the house.

Friday night after work, I treated myself a girly movie and some fro yo.

The movie wasn’t all that great, but the fro yo was fantastic. And obnoxiously large. Whoops.

Saturday morning I met up with Heather for a breakfast date. Turns out, I didn’t have to worry about choosing pancakes or an omelet because we went to a little coffee shop called Mocha Lisa’s that had some wraps instead.

Actually, Heather and I have visited this place before, wayyy back in 2010. Who knew?

My wrap came with two eggs, cheese, bacon, tomatoes, and fresh basil…and it was pretty darn delicious.

After a couple of hours at breakfast, I had some errands to run, including a grocery shop and a trip to Target…which resulted in the purchase of this cute little onesie.

I actually saw it and texted a picture of it to my dad, since I knew he’d love it, and told him the little guy can wear it while we’re down cheering on the softball team this season. I’ve got to admit…I’m super bummed about not being able to play this season, even though it is all for good reason. Hey, I suppose I can always be a base coach until he arrives? I’ll just definitely need a different jersey to wear. 😉

Saturday included some more pretty good eats, including a black cherry spinach smoothie,

and a plate of random leftovers and whatever else I could find that looked good for dinner…that included a chicken sausage, mini sweet potato with salsa and Greek yogurt, sugar snap peas, and a toasted naan. Super tasty.

Cody kept me company all day long while I cleaned and worked around the house, and we made sure to check in with dad to let him know that we missed him.

Saturday evening after eating diner, I found myself in the kitchen with a strong urge to bake.

I ended up making a batch of these cookies (SUPER good!),

and a slightly adapted version of this banana bread (made without the glaze and with sugar free banana cream pudding mix), which was also quite tasty. I know…two recipes in one night…all at like, 9pm. I’m nuts.

Me and the Codester played some fetch while we waited for the goodies to come out of the oven.

He’s a good little companion, I’ll tell ya. 😉

Sunday morning started with a workout…an excellent 50 minutes of Pilates.

Saturday’s workout was definitely house cleaning…good lord, did I clean that house!

But anyways…I should also mention that on Saturday night, I began the process of making Pioneer Woman’s iced coffee recipe. Sunday morning after my workout, I attempted to finish up the process and get the coffee poured into pitchers. Welp…that didn’t turn out to be as easy as I had hoped…

Turns out, it’s not very easy to pour coffee grounds out of a 9×13 pan. Yeah, Jay definitely made fun of me for that one.

BUT…the coffee turned out GREAT, and I now have over a gallon of iced coffee in my fridge. I. Am. Pumped.

Sunday afternoon included a trip out to visit my parents and brother at the new house that they just bought. Basically, this is eventually going to be my brother’s new house…and as you can tell, they have a LONG ways to go!

They are literally gutting the thing from top to bottom. It’s quite a scene, but I think it’s going to be so cool to see the whole process go down. If you look at the hole in the ceiling, my brother was in the middle of kicking it down when I was taking that photo.

Came home after visiting, did a little more cleaning, painted my nails a funky green color,

did a little reading (and laughed my head off…omg this book is GREAT so far!) in this book that Heather is letting me borrow,

and then my hubby came home. :)

We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out and catching up from the weekend, and then we made dinner together.

I found this recipe for Sundried Tomato Fettuccine (obviously, we didn’t have fettuccine) on Pinterest, and we both had really high hopes for it. Unfortunately, neither of us ended up caring too much for it…it was really lacking in flavor and just not what we expected. I was *this close* to throwing it away, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it, so we’re hoping that some extra sauce and/or cheese on the leftovers will help salvage it. We’ll see!

So yeah…there’s my weekend in a nutshell. Definitely busy and productive.

Thanks for making two of my recipes on one day! The cookies and the banana bread are both total go-to standby recipes for me. You picked my fave choc chip cookies and my fave banana bread off my site and made them both! Smart girl :) Thanks for the linky love and glad you liked them!

That baby outfit is absolutely precious! Too cute.
    I wanted to see Bachelorette, but I keep on hearing it wasn’t that great, oh well…
    Looks like a nice weekend for you! And all the meals you made look delicious.
    Lisa recently posted..Honoring Hunger

Looks like such a great weekend! Brunch with a girlfriend, shopping, fro-yo, baking and cooking are my favorite weekend pastimes as well! 😉

That cookie recipe sounds amazing! My husband is a huge chocolate chip fan so I have a feeling I am going to be giving those a try!

4. Heather @fitncookies says

Wow did you get a lot done! I also baked cookies and had a solo fro yo date!! I loved it :)

That nail color is actually pretty! I like it. Lot! Being that I just finished the house hunt, I can’t even imagine redoing an entire house!i can’t wait to see updates on it!

Sounds like the perfect relaxed weekend! Love the funky nail colour…black cherry smoothies are my all time favourite! I have one small bag still frozen from last summer which I might just have to dig in to soon!
    Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Raw Power Bars!

It looks like you had a great weekend! Some alone time mixed with baking and family time is always nice! Those cookies look amazing! And I definitely had a fail this weekend when I was trying to figure out how to carry coffee with crutches… Yeah…. It pretty much ended up as you’d imagine. But I finally figured it out! Lol.
    Lauren recently posted..I tried, tried, and tried again.

7. Sarah says

I agree with you on The Bachelorette–I was definitely expecting more comedy but found it to be more raunchy (however, not funny raunchy).

Those cookies look amazing!!

Holy cow that is a lot of Awesome randomness. I saw the frozen yogurt and it reminded me of Dairy Queen Blizzards and then I saw the black cherry spinach smoothie and I got a weird idea about making a sweet green smoothie since my wife and I are trying to cut the sugar a bit more from our diet.

And what’s with Pinterest recipes? We have tried a bunch and got great ones and then a couple weeks back made some kind of chicken recipe that everyone said was the best ever, really the best, and it had some Grey Poupon mustard in it which anded up being so overpowering that we had to throw it out.
    Bill recently posted..Thoughts on Earth Day 2013

• Courtney says

It was delicious! I just used some Folgers Half Caf and it’s great…definitely worth the extra prep (and mess!) :)

Ooh, seems like a great weekend to me :-) That little baseball onesie is so cute! And your fro yo looks amazing. I’m running my first half marathon this weekend and I told my husband that he needs to take me immediately to get fro yo to celebrate and there can be no limit on its cost, haha!
    Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..The Stroller That Jogs

Now that is one crazy house reno project. I’ve always admired people who do that and secretly wanted to do something similar myself, but I know for a fact that I would never be able to handle it. Remodelling a small room is a pain in the butt, so I can’t even imagine what remodelling an entire house would be like. Eep!

Wow, what a busy weekend you had over there. All the food looked amazing. Our weekend over here was pretty laid back which is totally what I needed after traveling last week. Hope you have a great week!!
    Karen recently posted..Relaxing Weekend

I love Pioneer Woman iced coffee! Instead of using pans (I made a mess that way the first time, too!) I got some half-gallon mason jars from Ace Hardware. They’re cheap and easy to wash and much much easier to pour! Then I just pour the coffee into my soup pot with a mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth. All around much easier than the pan/clear plastic bin method, in my opinion. One of my girlfriend recommended this method and it’s the best! :)

• Courtney says

That sounds SOOOOO much easier than when I did it LOL! Thanks for the ideas…definitely gonna try that next time!

My urges to bake always come at the most inconvenient times as well:)

Pioneer woman’s iced coffee is THE BEST! What coffee did you use? I’m always experimenting.:)

Looks like u had a fabulous weekend!
    Olviya recently posted..I’ve moved…again

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! I also decided to paint my nails a bright pink color. I figured it would be very spring-like! I have yet to try any of the froyo places by my house. I need to learn about this dessert!

15. Fizz @fizzsbizz says

This sounds like a fun filled weekend! Sometimes it’s nice to have some ‘me’ time. And then it’s extra nice when the hubs comes home!

1. […] Ever since Saturday, when I made that batch of cookies, I’ve been allowing (actually, that’s a harsh word…I’ve been CHOOSING) to enjoy two after dinner. A couple of times I’ve just had them plain, and a couple of times I’ve enjoyed them slightly heated up and crumbled with a tiny scoop of Edy’s light french vanilla ice cream. […]