WIAW: Lots of Colors

I don’t know what it is, but today just seems like it’s going to be a GOOD day. I got a great night’s sleep, a fabulous, 40-minute cardio/strength circuit in this morning, heard some Macklemore on the radio while getting ready for work, the sun is shining, and it’s supposed to be 70 degrees today.

Yes, today is going to be a good day!

So now, let’s get to the good stuff. Yesterday included a bunch of yummy eats and, hey, check it out…lots of colors this week, too! Winking smile

Breakfast

I woke up craving peanut butter and banana, so I packed up a honey wheat bagel and the banana to bring to work with me…

So I could toast it up and top it with all sorts of melty peanut butter from my desk stash.

IMG_1982

It was deeeeeelicious. Especially alongside my iced coffee. YUM.

Mid-Morning Snack

I only used about half of my banana with breakfast, so I ate up the rest of that along with the orange I packed with me.

I know…super random that it’s missing a section, right? Well the recipe we used for the beef carnitas last night called for a section of an orange to go right in the pot. That being said, I made sure the rest of the orange did not go to waste!

Lunch

Lunch was a two-parter for me yesterday.

Around noon I started getting hungry so I ate my spinach salad (I promise, it’s under there) which was topped with some baby carrots, broccoli, strawberries, and dried cranberries. There was also some raspberry walnut vinaigrette underneath that bad boy.

After lunch part one, me and a co-worker friend of mine headed outside for an afternoon stroll. It was still a tad chilly, but we wound up doing a few big laps around our building and parking lot and probably spent a good half hour or so power walking it up. It felt SO good to get out and get moving!

About an hour later, I broke into lunch part two, which was the rest of the leftover beef carnitas mixture (which really wasn’t all that much).

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Not long after finishing up the leftovers right up there, I snacked on a piece of banana bread that I brought with me. Pretty darn tasty, I must say!

Pre-Dinner Snack

I was pretty hungry again by the time I got home from work, so while I was chopping up some veggies for dinner, I snacked on some baby carrots and light ranch veggie dip.

Still lovin’ me some ranch!

Dinner

We had a couple of pieces of chicken marinating in the fridge for about a day so Jay decided to cook those up. I wasn’t really in the mood for just plain chicken or a regular chicken sandwich, so I decided to make a big batch of chicken salad with my piece.

I didn’t have all of my usual veggies, but I did add some carrots, red bell pepper, avocado, red grapes, and dried cranberries, along with some light mayo, honey mustard, and salt and pepper.

I then took about half of the mixture and put it on a whole wheat sandwich thin along with some lettuce and a slice of provolone cheese.

Simple, yet suuuuper satisfying. AND I already have lunch ready for today…doesn’t get much better than that!

Dessert

Ever since Saturday, when I made that batch of cookies, I’ve been allowing (actually, that’s a harsh word…I’ve been CHOOSING) to enjoy two after dinner. A couple of times I’ve just had them plain, and a couple of times I’ve enjoyed them slightly heated up and crumbled with a tiny scoop of Edy’s light french vanilla ice cream.

IMG_1986

I really do try to rotate back and forth between the somewhat “more indulgent” after dinner desserts, and the slightly healthier desserts (like Greek yogurt with PB2 and chocolate chips). Regardless, I’ve been loving my after-dinner desserts, and so has Baby Tooth. :)

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Hope it’s a good one for you, too! :)

Comments

Wow amazing colours! It just goes to show that its not the amount of food that people eat, but in fact what they are eating! Not saying you are greedy haha, but people often think snacking is bad when actually its pretty good for you depending on what it is!

2. Nicole @ FruitnFitness says

Enjoying a warmed up cookie with ice cream sounds like the perfect after dinner treat! Your meals all look great actually. I love loaded salads that are full of different flavors and textures.

I must say all your colorful meals are making me crave veggies and fruits hard. I love the color.
    However, that Dessert looks pretty good too:)
    Great day of eats.
    Glad the baby is enjoying veggies and fruit now :D
    Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

• Courtney says

Haha, I know right? Luckily he’s always enjoyed the fruits…but the veggies are finally making a comeback ;)

Strawberries + walnuts are two of my favorite salad add-ins, so that viniagrette and the rest of those salad ingredients sounds like the perfect combo!

I try and stick to the ‘healthier’ desserts during the week and tend to save the rich and decadent desserts for the weekend! Gotta have something sweet after dinner always! :)

I really love it when days start out that way, and I find that getting a good sleep is usually what does it for me… well, that and waking up to sunshine :D I hope that it sets the mood for the rest of your day! And I can completely relate to rotating between healthy and indulgent desserts… it’s all about balance, right? :)

Happy Wednesday!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … eating without hunger .

your lunch is very colorful! That salad looks great, I wish I could eat broccoli without it upsetting my stomach… I miss it! And I love getting to walk outside during the day, it’s a nice way to take a breather.

All of your food looks great! Your chicken salad looks so good. Have you ever made chicken salad with Greek yogurt? I have thought about it, but I didn’t know how good it really was.

• Courtney says

Yes! It’s actually really good with a combo of plain Greek yogurt and either Dijon or honey mustard. One of my favorites, actually! I’ve just been on a mayo kick lately ;-)

Slightly warmed cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top? Sigh. That sounds perfect. Allowing is a harsh word, choosing to enjoy a yummy dessert now and then is totally a good thing. And the chicken salad for dinner looks so good! Might need to whip some up for lunches next week :)
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Back from Virginia Beach!

Getting a good night’s sleep makes all the difference in the world…so does working out in the morning rather than forcing it after a long day at work. Sets the whole day in motion in a more positive way! I absolutely love any salads that are topped with fruit, fresh or dried….looks delicious =)
    Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..WIAW: clearing out the fridge