Fun Facts Friday {4/26}

by Courtney on April 26, 2013

1. Today marks the start of my seventh month of pregnancy. Seriously. And over the past three days, I’ve definitely been feeling it. If I had to guess, I’d say Baby Tooth is going through a growth spurt…hello sore back, sore legs, sore groin, and tiredness.

2. Going along with topic #1 up there…on Wednesday, our Fedex delivery guy told me he thought it looked like a “popped” again (which I thought was super amusing and random of him to say) and another male co-worker of mine also told me I “got big.” Said co-worker (Heather, you know who it is!) is also a friend, so I busted his chops a bit on that one. It was all in good fun and we had a few good laughs.

3. Yesterday evening I went to the mall with my mom after a quick doc appt. Remember how I said I didn’t want to buy anymore maternity clothes? Yeeeeahh…wellll, that didn’t happen. I think I highly overestimated my ability to wear real clothes for a while, so I wound up getting a couple of necessities. After that? If nothing fits, I’m going to work in Jay’s clothes. I don’t care. Yes I do.

4. Okay. Last baby/pregnancy related fact…but I couldn’t resist sharing. Check out this super stinkin’ adorable hoodie sweater I bought online for Baby Tooth this week.

hoodie

I ordered it from Zulily (affiliate link, FYI!) which I signed up for a few months back. I don’t always read through the emails that I get, but I happened to open up one earlier in the week, and as soon as I saw that sweater, I knew I needed it. AND it was only $10.99?! How could I NOT get it, right?! They have some really great deals on there (not just for baby clothes either!) so definitely give it a peek!

5. Want to know what I had for dinner last night? I’ll give you a hint…it’s my second biggest craving these days. ;)

6. I cannot even BEGIN to tell you all how happy I am that the weather is finally getting nicer/warmer. I’ve gone on two lunchtime walks this week and it just feels SO great to get out in the fresh air and keep moving (especially when I’ve been too tired to wake up for early workouts most mornings this week). Walking is so underrated.

7. Jay and I came to the conclusion that this year is probably not the best year for us to attempt a garden again. Remember when we started from scratch last year? Remember the massive amounts of zucchini I wound up with?

Oh, that was fun. But admittedly, I wasn’t the best at keeping up with the maintenance, and with everything else happening this year, I’d most likely be even worse. So rather than do a big garden, I think I’m going to pick up a couple of big pots this weekend and possibly just do some tomatoes and herbs. Hey, better than nothing, right? Then I’ll mooch off my dad’s garden for the other goods. Mwahaha.

8. I have a feeling that I’m going to be asleep on my couch tonight by 9pm. Sorry Jay…I’m a party animal no more. ;)

Happy Friday everyone! What’s good for the weekend? Any good plans??

1 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl April 26, 2013 at 9:19 am

Seven months already?!? Wow, time is flying by!

And seriously, how adorable is that hoodie?? EVERYTHING looks cute in tiny baby form!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Kung Pao Tofu and Veggies

2 Shel@PeachyPalate April 26, 2013 at 9:23 am

Remember the zucchini’s…! I was totally jealous of them! Even having your own herbs on hand is fantastic…though i haven’t had the best of luck at keeping mine alive! Such a cute little sweater!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A sensitive subject

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness April 26, 2013 at 9:27 am

I feel like it was just yesterday that you announced you were pregnant on here! You can always wear maxi dresses once the weather gets warmer! They’re always comfy and cute. Have a good weekend!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Denver Part Two

4 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats April 26, 2013 at 9:29 am

We garden every year and every year we loose half of our goods to squirrels. It’s ridiculous. But what we do get to eat is so tasty and fresh so we still do it. Enjoy your 9pm bedtime :)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

5 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire April 26, 2013 at 9:32 am

Hahaha, I remember that picture! I can’t wait for Nick and I to move so I can start my own little garden. That hoodie is adorable. I love all of the little baby pins you have on Pinterest-they’re so freakin’ cute!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Friday Rambles

6 Lisa April 26, 2013 at 9:38 am

Ah, 7 months! Congrats! Almost there now!
I can’t believe that was already a year ago that you grew all those zucchinis haha, and that I remember that;)
Have a great weekend!

7 Sarah C April 26, 2013 at 9:44 am

You look adorable! I chuckled when I saw your post about the maternity clothes….

I always envisioned myself wearing cute maternity clothes right up until my due date but by 8 months (I had twins and was the size of a small house) I could only fit into these enormous tent dresses LOL And I wore mens velcro slippers (my hubby called them grandpa slippers) the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Needless to say the cute maternity clothes were out the window ;-)

8 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me April 26, 2013 at 9:45 am

7 months and still looking fab! Congrats :)
Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted..Small Victories

9 Avery @ SBLW April 26, 2013 at 9:47 am

Two more months to go! I’m so excited for you :)

10 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health April 26, 2013 at 9:48 am

That hoodie is too cute and I’m sure you’ll get great use out of it! I’m with you on the walking. When life gets too busy, sometimes it’s nice to fit in a relaxing walk with fresh air and sunshine!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Gluten-free Baking Fail + Five Things I’m Loving Lately

11 Jolynn April 26, 2013 at 10:11 am

How fun!! And that sweater is adorable! We just found out last weekend that we’re having a boy also so this weekend I’m going shopping! Can’t wait!
Jolynn recently posted..Baby Toma: 20 Weeks

12 Kim @ Cooking in the City April 26, 2013 at 10:11 am

Love the sweater- zip ups and cardigans are so cute and SO practical for small kids! Also, those zucchini are incredible… did you post your gardening tips anywhere?
Kim @ Cooking in the City recently posted..Recipe Round Up

13 Courtney April 26, 2013 at 10:14 am

Haha…no, I didn’t. Because you don’t want gardening tips from me! I basically water when I remember…that’s it. I just got super lucky with those zucchinis last year ;)

14 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes April 26, 2013 at 10:12 am

I can’t believe how close it’s getting!!! Yay! We have a wedding Saturday and furniture shopping on the agenda!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Body Relationship Workshop followed by a fro yo date.

15 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 26, 2013 at 10:16 am

I’m soooooo loving this nicer/warmer weather too! The other day, on my lunch hour, I sat in the park and read a book. It was amazing…72 degrees and sunny…not a cloud in the sky! Love it! I plan doing all things outdoors this weekend…yay!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Lemon Water

16 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty April 26, 2013 at 10:19 am

You are too cute–love the zucchini photo. I am also LOVING this warmer weather. I am running in a 10K race tomorrow and am absolutely ecstatic about it because it will be nice out! I hope you have a great weekend!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Spring Has Finally Sprung

17 Natalie @ Free Range Human April 26, 2013 at 10:20 am

I was just wondering about your garden! I think i’m going to attempt one this year, but I have a notorious black thumb so we’ll see how it goes.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Feet Before The Fire

18 Adria @ A Spoonful of Healthy April 26, 2013 at 10:20 am

You are soooo funny!! I love your expressions :)
Adria @ A Spoonful of Healthy recently posted..Wo bin ich gewesen?

19 Brooke @ Running In Heels April 26, 2013 at 10:24 am

Only 2months to go!! And I would take your extra produce from you :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Draft Day, Brownies and the Return of the Cheeseburger

20 Erin @Axell's Kitchen April 26, 2013 at 10:24 am

Love zulily..I’ve gotten so much stuff from there! And wow 7 months..that’s crazy!
Erin @Axell’s Kitchen recently posted..Five Things Friday:

21 Sara @ fitcupcaker April 26, 2013 at 10:25 am

that sweater is sooo adorable! baby clothes are just so darn cute! So whats your 2nd biggest craving, burgers or cupcakes!? I want both of those lol
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Weird Things Pets Do

22 Courtney April 26, 2013 at 10:33 am

Burgers, baby ;)

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 26, 2013 at 10:30 am

I can’t believe your seven months along already!

And I’m going to assume you went with Five Guys ;-) they just started opening them in Canada pretty recently, so I haven’t tried them yet!

24 Ashley N. April 26, 2013 at 10:37 am

I have been thinking about gardening lately! I have never done it before and have no idea where to start. :) Realistically, I’ll go buy a pot and find some seeds and cross my fingers!

25 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns April 26, 2013 at 10:43 am

At least you can always reuse the maternity clothes if you have another kiddo :) I love gardens, I have one every summer. Zucchinis are the best to stock up on, yummy zucchini bread! Just a calm weekend planned with lots of cleaning and studying!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Become What Inspires You

26 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! April 26, 2013 at 10:48 am

Nothing too crazy this weekend, having some friends over and ordering the UFC fight – next weekend we have HUGE concert we are going to (2 day music festival type thing) that im super excited about though!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..The Things I Do That Drive Him Wild…Or Crazy.

27 Jessica April 26, 2013 at 10:51 am

Don’t feel too bad about needing to buy more maternity clothes. Remember – you will likely have to wear them for at least a few weeks post pregnancy. You’ll be so sick of them – but all your regular cute clothes wont fit right away. Soon though! You’ll bounce back so fast I know!
Weekend – we are in Florida so hoping to take the Sea Doo out on the water! Weather here is plenty warm. Tonight there is a food truck event in our neighborhood so we are planning to check that out as well. Hope you guys have a great weekend as well.

28 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit April 26, 2013 at 11:09 am

Yea…Happy Friday! And happy 7th month, so exciting! I too am really enjoying the warmer temps, makes such a difference. I’m doing my 1st “color run” this weekend…should be interesting :)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Five for Friday 4.26.13…

29 Danica @ It's Progression April 26, 2013 at 11:19 am

-That little hoodie is so stinkin cute! I would have such a hard time not buying a ton of clothes at this point.
-This weekend my little sister has her senior prom so my husband and I are going back “home” for that. Should be fun! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins {recipe}

30 Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 26, 2013 at 11:20 am

I heard the birds chirping when I woke up this morning and it instantly put a smile on my face. It seems like spring might just FINALLY be here after the few freak snow storms we got in April, so yeah… I can definitely relate to the happiness that comes with warmer weather and sunshine.

Happy Friday, Courtney!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... dealing with those not-so-healthy food cravings .

31 Heather @fitncookie April 26, 2013 at 11:39 am

Cutest jacket! I have been toying with the idea of a garden, but not sure i want all the work! I have a bridal shower this weekend to go toso that’ll be fun! I’m also hoping for a longish run!

32 michelle kim April 26, 2013 at 11:47 am

Wow! Can’t believe how quickly the time is flying by! And that little sweater hoodie is so adorable.
This weekend, I will be running the Big Sur Marathon :D

33 Lauren April 26, 2013 at 11:48 am

That little sweatshirt is too adorable! I find the things they make in “mini sized” are the must buys for babies because it just makes them so much better. I mean, even if you see mini sized cans of soda you’re more intrigued to buy them because they are just… well, cute. haha. Have a great night!
Lauren recently posted..Home Sweet Home.

34 Jade April 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Last year, I was due May 30, and so I did plant a garden beginning of May. Tended to it for a few weeks, then came oodles of doctors appointments, unable to really bend down to weed, I ended up being induced two weeks late and of course with newborn no sleep, hardly leaving house, by about July 1 there was no garden to speak of! I think you are erring on the better side of not starting!

35 Leigha April 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I’m starting my own garden this year! Any tips? Oh my gosh 2 months will be here so quick.
Leigha recently posted..Cooking with Lynn {Failure at its Finest}

36 Ellie@Fit for the Soul April 26, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Haha crazy, 7 months huh?! I really didn’t know what other moms meant when they told me that pregnancy would zip right by me, and now I know exactly how that feels. I’m already almost 8 months but I feel like I just announced it :P And I remember those huge zucchinis, lol. You had zucchini treats galore that season!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Muy Delicioso!

37 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 26, 2013 at 2:02 pm

My “hot weekend” plans include lots of baby feeding and changing diapers haha. Enjoy your free time while you can, my friend!! ;) Happy Friday!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addie’s birth story

38 Linz @ Itz Linz April 26, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Cardinals game tomorrow! Let’s hope for good weather!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..this week

39 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I definitely plan on being in bed early tonight too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..5 Things I’m Looking Forward To

40 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny April 26, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I’ve been wanting to do a vegetable and herb garden. I’m saving all of my empty tea tins for the herbs and will probably get some pots for tomatos and such…garden veggies are definitely the best! Good luck =)
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..The Best Five Meals We’ve Ever Had

41 Miranda @ Miranda Runs April 26, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I can totally see Baby Tooth in that sweatshirt and baby Converse. Haha! ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..High 5 for FRIIIDAY

42 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen April 27, 2013 at 7:45 am

Look at all that zucchini!! My mom always had a great garden growing up…but somehow I developed a BLACK thumb and I am horrible at maintaining gardens of any kind…oh well!! That’s what farmer’s markets are for!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Just Add A Mile Total Body Circuit

43 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections April 27, 2013 at 8:52 am

Your reaction to the preggo comments amazes me. I think I would stab someone in the eye with a fork if they told me I looked like I was going to pop!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Organization Challenge Recap

44 Katy April 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm

My Best friend/sister in law is currently in labor! I cannot wait to spend my weekend with my new niece! :-)
Katy recently posted..Friday Flavor of the Week : Lemonade Ale

45 Brittany @ FreckledNettles April 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Congrats! 7 months and looking fabulous. :)

I am a college student, so my weekend consisted of studying! The end of the year is around the corner. Happy Sunday!
Brittany @ FreckledNettles recently posted..Shop ’til ya Drop Sunday

46 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets April 28, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Ahhh seven months! Before you know it, lil baby tooth will be popping out! Have you guys started thinking about any names yet? Sorry if you’ve already mentioned this in a post and I”ve just missed it. So excited to follow you on your exciting journey! :)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..thai curry chicken soup

47 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 28, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I’d love to have a garden someday but I’m not very good at the upkeep and definitely don’t have a naturally green thumb. Someday but for now I’m with you, I’ll mooch off my dad’s garden. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sunday Confessions #8