Fun Facts Friday {4/26}

1. Today marks the start of my seventh month of pregnancy. Seriously. And over the past three days, I’ve definitely been feeling it. If I had to guess, I’d say Baby Tooth is going through a growth spurt…hello sore back, sore legs, sore groin, and tiredness.

2. Going along with topic #1 up there…on Wednesday, our Fedex delivery guy told me he thought it looked like a “popped” again (which I thought was super amusing and random of him to say) and another male co-worker of mine also told me I “got big.” Said co-worker (Heather, you know who it is!) is also a friend, so I busted his chops a bit on that one. It was all in good fun and we had a few good laughs.

3. Yesterday evening I went to the mall with my mom after a quick doc appt. Remember how I said I didn’t want to buy anymore maternity clothes? Yeeeeahh…wellll, that didn’t happen. I think I highly overestimated my ability to wear real clothes for a while, so I wound up getting a couple of necessities. After that? If nothing fits, I’m going to work in Jay’s clothes. I don’t care. Yes I do.

4. Okay. Last baby/pregnancy related fact…but I couldn’t resist sharing. Check out this super stinkin’ adorable hoodie sweater I bought online for Baby Tooth this week.

hoodie

I ordered it from Zulily (affiliate link, FYI!) which I signed up for a few months back. I don’t always read through the emails that I get, but I happened to open up one earlier in the week, and as soon as I saw that sweater, I knew I needed it. AND it was only $10.99?! How could I NOT get it, right?! They have some really great deals on there (not just for baby clothes either!) so definitely give it a peek!

5. Want to know what I had for dinner last night? I’ll give you a hint…it’s my second biggest craving these days. ;)

6. I cannot even BEGIN to tell you all how happy I am that the weather is finally getting nicer/warmer. I’ve gone on two lunchtime walks this week and it just feels SO great to get out in the fresh air and keep moving (especially when I’ve been too tired to wake up for early workouts most mornings this week). Walking is so underrated.

7. Jay and I came to the conclusion that this year is probably not the best year for us to attempt a garden again. Remember when we started from scratch last year? Remember the massive amounts of zucchini I wound up with?

Oh, that was fun. But admittedly, I wasn’t the best at keeping up with the maintenance, and with everything else happening this year, I’d most likely be even worse. So rather than do a big garden, I think I’m going to pick up a couple of big pots this weekend and possibly just do some tomatoes and herbs. Hey, better than nothing, right? Then I’ll mooch off my dad’s garden for the other goods. Mwahaha.

8. I have a feeling that I’m going to be asleep on my couch tonight by 9pm. Sorry Jay…I’m a party animal no more. ;)

Happy Friday everyone! What’s good for the weekend? Any good plans??

Comments

Ah, 7 months! Congrats! Almost there now!
    I can’t believe that was already a year ago that you grew all those zucchinis haha, and that I remember that;)
    Have a great weekend!

2. Sarah C says

You look adorable! I chuckled when I saw your post about the maternity clothes….

I always envisioned myself wearing cute maternity clothes right up until my due date but by 8 months (I had twins and was the size of a small house) I could only fit into these enormous tent dresses LOL And I wore mens velcro slippers (my hubby called them grandpa slippers) the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Needless to say the cute maternity clothes were out the window ;-)

• Courtney says

Haha…no, I didn’t. Because you don’t want gardening tips from me! I basically water when I remember…that’s it. I just got super lucky with those zucchinis last year ;)

I’m soooooo loving this nicer/warmer weather too! The other day, on my lunch hour, I sat in the park and read a book. It was amazing…72 degrees and sunny…not a cloud in the sky! Love it! I plan doing all things outdoors this weekend…yay!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Lemon Water

4. Ashley N. says

I have been thinking about gardening lately! I have never done it before and have no idea where to start. :) Realistically, I’ll go buy a pot and find some seeds and cross my fingers!

Don’t feel too bad about needing to buy more maternity clothes. Remember – you will likely have to wear them for at least a few weeks post pregnancy. You’ll be so sick of them – but all your regular cute clothes wont fit right away. Soon though! You’ll bounce back so fast I know!
    Weekend – we are in Florida so hoping to take the Sea Doo out on the water! Weather here is plenty warm. Tonight there is a food truck event in our neighborhood so we are planning to check that out as well. Hope you guys have a great weekend as well.

Cutest jacket! I have been toying with the idea of a garden, but not sure i want all the work! I have a bridal shower this weekend to go toso that’ll be fun! I’m also hoping for a longish run!

That little sweatshirt is too adorable! I find the things they make in “mini sized” are the must buys for babies because it just makes them so much better. I mean, even if you see mini sized cans of soda you’re more intrigued to buy them because they are just… well, cute. haha. Have a great night!
    Lauren recently posted..Home Sweet Home.

8. Jade says

Last year, I was due May 30, and so I did plant a garden beginning of May. Tended to it for a few weeks, then came oodles of doctors appointments, unable to really bend down to weed, I ended up being induced two weeks late and of course with newborn no sleep, hardly leaving house, by about July 1 there was no garden to speak of! I think you are erring on the better side of not starting!

Haha crazy, 7 months huh?! I really didn’t know what other moms meant when they told me that pregnancy would zip right by me, and now I know exactly how that feels. I’m already almost 8 months but I feel like I just announced it :P And I remember those huge zucchinis, lol. You had zucchini treats galore that season!
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Muy Delicioso!