Fun Facts Friday {5/3}

by Courtney on May 3, 2013

1. I. Am. So. Excited. For. The. Weather. This. Weekend.

weather

I mean, really. Does it get much better than that? I think not. If you need to find me, look outside. Especially on Saturday…

2. …and that is because this Saturday Jay and I have plans to check out a Food Truck Festival in downtown Troy with our friends Joe & Kate.

food truck

The lineup at this thing sounds unbelievable…everything from pulled pork, to gourmet sliders, a “spud shack,” and shaved ice. I think the fact that all I technically wear these days are “stretchy pants” is going to work in my favor this weekend. ;)

3. We actually made plans to attend this with Joe and Kate on Wednesday when they were over for dinner. That awesome meal I told you about yesterday that I forgot to upload photos from? Well…here it is.

chicken parm burger

We had my favorite Chicken Parmesan Burgers along with veggies and some incredibly delicious tater tots from Alexia.

chicken parm burger

It was a killer (and filling) meal.

4. Apparently, we have the flu going around our office right now. Umm, it’s May…isn’t that supposed to be over by now? Me and my hand sanitizer are staying good pals these days.

5. Last night, I wound up with a MAJOR craving for rainbow sherbet. I don’t know if I can blame the warm weather or Baby Tooth for that one (probably both) but I needed it in a bad way. Lucky for me, Stewart’s is having a sale on all of their half gallons this week, so I grabbed one.

stewart's rainbow sherbet

6. Funny enough, my plan was actually to make Jay pick some up for me on his way home last night, since he was working late. Turns out, the husband forgot a tool at home that he needed, so I ended up driving out to drop it off for him and picked this up on my way home. Husband now owes me big…and I am going to use this to my advantage as MUCH as possible. Mwahaha.

7. I have been LOVING fruit lately.

fruit and yogurt

At least once a day I have a meal that incorporates at least 2-3 different kind of fruits, with strawberries being at the top of my list.

cereal and fruit

Another favorite of mine these days is cara cara oranges. I’ve been eating one as a snack everyday this week. YUM.

8. Tonight is Jay’s first softball game of the season (in his mens league…our coed team starts on Monday) and I already miss it. I’ll still be cheering from the sidelines though, and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing all of our crazy teammates again for another season of shenanigans.

9. Yesterday afternoon, Jay and I met with a potential babysitter/home daycare for Baby Tooth. As I mentioned before, this is probably my biggest worry/concern at the moment…I mean, how do you ever get to a point where you trust a total stranger to care for your newborn child? I went into it with an open mind, making a major effort not to judge for anything stupid right away. Well as it turns out, both Jay and I really liked her. While we still have some other things to check out, I really do have a good feeling about it…and if we can get that all straightened out now, then I will be on top of the world.

10. Unless something else changes, I think I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that I won’t know Baby Tooth’s name until he arrives. We’re basically down to 2-3 names right now – with possible initials being G, or L (Jay is also pulling for a D, but I don’t think that’ll be a contender). The weird thing is, I picture our G name as a brunette and our L name as a blond. I’ve been stuck on our G name for a LONG time now, but every time I picture our little guy, I see him with blond hair, so now I’m sort of hooked on the L name.

^^Yes, maybe now you can see why we haven’t picked out a name yet… ;)

Happy Fridayyyyyyy!!

1 Shel@PeachyPalate May 3, 2013 at 9:35 am

Love hearing baby name ideas though if you tell your bound to be influenced…still excited to find out though :) Super jealous of your weather, love the WARM across it!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Pasta Baby!

2 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets May 3, 2013 at 9:35 am

Fun fun fun! I’ve been to a few food truck festivals in Toronto and loved them all.. it’s so fun to sample little bites from all the different vendors! Have a blast!!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..thai curry chicken soup

3 Danielle May 3, 2013 at 9:37 am

George or Larry?? I would go with Larry! ;)

4 claire @ live and love to eat May 3, 2013 at 9:37 am

Our weather looks similar for the next 5 days or so – can’t wait! The food truck festival sounds amazing!
claire @ live and love to eat recently posted..Weekend Highlights

5 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 3, 2013 at 9:39 am

I know…this weather is amazing! I love it so much! It really just totally changes your mood and makes me so happy. The food truck festival sounds so fun! It must be so hard to choose a baby name. I mean…there are so many good names out there!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Why Green Tea?

6 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 3, 2013 at 9:49 am

A food truck festival?? How fun! I am very excited for the weather this weekend – we are going to a CUPCAKE FESTIVAL :-) Happy Friday!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..The Best Cooking Compliment I’ve Ever Received (New Recipe!)

7 Lisa May 3, 2013 at 9:52 am

Hah, cool a food truck festival. Sounds super fun.
I’ve never been to anything like that before!
Ah baby names. SO tough!
Can’t wait to hear yours:)
Happy Friday!
Lisa recently posted..Coffee Talk

8 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 3, 2013 at 9:55 am

I think he’s going to be a blonde! And I can’t imagine how hard it must be to trust your baby with someone else but I think a home daycare is the best way to go and it will be great for him to interact with other babies. One of my friends at work had to do the same thing and it worked out great. Enjoy the warm weather!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Fried Coconut Tofu Strips with Mango Yogurt Sauce

9 Lauren May 3, 2013 at 10:01 am

Every single time I see these chicken parm burgers I think, “man, I need to make them.” No question this time, they are going on the menu ASAP! Glad you had such a great night and looks like a beautiful weekend ahead!

10 Sara @ fitcupcaker May 3, 2013 at 10:13 am

Im totally making those parm burgers! They look great and they have good nutritional stats :) I havent had rainbow sherbert in forever! Last night I watching “Man vs food” and he had the biggest ice cream deliciousness and I really was craving ice cream after that, but I made some banana chocolate chip cookies instead to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..I Started Running Again, BBQ Apple Chicken & Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

11 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance May 3, 2013 at 10:14 am

Your fruit photos look so appetizing!

I’m with you on being outside this weekend! I’ll be doing the NYC 5 Boro bike ride on Sunday, making the most of a gorgeous weekend! :)
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..What’s For Breakfast?

12 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige May 3, 2013 at 10:22 am

I love food truck fests! Our neighborhood does one every Monday night in the spring and summer, and is so much fun!! Have a great weekend, Courtney :)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Ramp it Up Boot Camp Workout + Why HIIT Makes You Smart + Pin-able Workouts

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 3, 2013 at 10:23 am

The weather <3 It's going to be gorgeous here this weekend as well, and I can.not.WAIT. After a handful of freak snowstorms in April, I'm more than ready for sunshine and warmth, thank you very much. Especially because with warm weather, comes fresh fruit. I can completely relate to the fruit obsession… I haven't been able to get enough lately, and I can't wait until more of nature's candy starts showing up in stores.

Happy Friday!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... what happened when i stopped exercising .

14 Lauren May 3, 2013 at 10:39 am

I definitely think it’s the weather change as far as craving strawberries goes.. Because I am eating them CONSTANTLY this week! I’m trying to think of names with G or L now… Way to be a tease ;-) And, honestly, I would be really nervous about a babysitter, too, but if you felt good with this one as soon as you met her.. It’s probably a sign she’s the one for you guys! First impressions are important and it’s hard to get a comfortable first impression!
Lauren recently posted..Piggly Wiggly Penpal!

15 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns May 3, 2013 at 10:44 am

Mmmm that food truck line up looks amazingly good!!! Some sherbet with some granola and fruit sounds so good!!! Lucky, I wish it was in the 70′s here. Yay! Congrats on finding someone so quickly :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..And It Just Keeps Getting Better

16 Ashley @ Life and Fitness May 3, 2013 at 10:44 am

I would have such a hard time narrowing down baby names. I just love them all! Hoping there will be a recap post about the food truck because all the found sounds pretty dang delicious.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Beginner’s Guide To Weight Lifting Part Two

17 Jacquelyn @justjacq May 3, 2013 at 10:47 am

I’m voting for Galahad ;-) I think it’s a great name choice. Well done! Lorenzo is also good. I can see why you wouldn’t want to name your child Devil… too many associations there.
Jacquelyn @justjacq recently posted..Some things I’ve learned (and some I’m still working on)

18 Michelle Kim May 3, 2013 at 10:48 am

Love the Friday Fun Facts!
I never thought about the fact that you would have to consider the color of the baby’s hair with certain names… since I’m full Korean. We all come out with black or dark brown hair, haha.

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 3, 2013 at 10:57 am

I’ve been loving fruit recently, too. We have people bringing us meals right now, since we just had the baby, and my favorite meals are the ones that include big bowls of fresh fruit! Makes me so happy! Have an awesome weekend!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison: 2 Weeks Old!

20 Megan May 3, 2013 at 11:22 am

I’m thinking Baby Tooth will be a blonde that changes to a brunette, does that throw a wrench in the name choice? Haha my two guesses right now are Gavin and Liam but either way I dig the idea of not choosing his name until you see him for the first time. As an aspiring L&D nurse; I love when parents do this, it just makes the moment that much more beautiful!

21 Taylory May 3, 2013 at 11:24 am

If your G name is Griffin, I think that’s the winner. I may be biased, since that’s my 20 month old’s name. Then again. Lincoln is pretty cool (the name of boy #2 who will be here in August).

22 Kristin May 4, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Our 11 month old’s name is Griffin too!

23 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers May 3, 2013 at 11:30 am

I’m glad the baby sitter worked out. That must be challenging. Not looking forward to it!

Jealous of your weather. It has been overcast and cloudy here allllll week. I need some sun in my life!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Bundle of Joy

24 Karen May 3, 2013 at 11:36 am

OMG, your weather is AMAZING this weekend. We had 70s this week but now it’s 50 and rainy…boo!! I need to see if Chicago has a Food Truck Festival sometime soon…looks so good.
Karen recently posted..Friday Favorites

25 Mallory May 3, 2013 at 11:44 am

I’m going to guess and say the L name is Luke?! Idk why!

26 Mallory May 3, 2013 at 11:45 am

P.S. If it is, I think it’s adorable!

27 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 3, 2013 at 11:48 am

Mmm fruit is one of my favorite things at the moment as well – strawberries in particular! I’ve been making a ton of smoothies lately with it too. Enjoy that gorgeous weather this weekend! It looks like we’ll be having some too – yay!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hunter: 5 Weeks

28 Sherri May 3, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Grayson? Gavin? Griffin? Grady? Can we have a hint? Hehe

29 Heather @fitncookies May 3, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I can’t wait to find out the name! I don’t blame you for not completely deciding right now! It’s a tough decision :) So glad you think you found someone to care for him, though! I can’t imagine how tough that would be. Honestly, though, it would be really hard to trust someone everyday when you know NOTHING about them! Have fun at the game tonight :) And a great weekend!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Extra Special Five Things Friday

30 Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection May 3, 2013 at 12:29 pm

We are getting warmer weather too! Couldn’t be happier. And just in time for the weeeeeeekend! Happy Friday to you too. :)
Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection recently posted..Mini Cheesecakes

31 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl May 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Haha….choosing a name is soooooo hard!! Your chicken parmesan burgers are one of my all-time favorite burger….great recipe!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..It’s one of those random Friday posts!!

32 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) May 3, 2013 at 12:45 pm

So jealous of your gorgeous weekend weather! We are throwing a Cinco de Derby party and I’m just hoping the rain will hold off, even if it is cloudy and cool. Have a wonderful weekend :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..7 Things You Need to Know Before You Go

33 Colleen May 3, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Our small town is starting “Food Truck Fridays” tonight, complete with live jazz music. Yep, I’m super excited!!!

Mmmm… I love rainbow sherbert! :)

I love that you associate his name with the hair color! That’s awesome

34 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 3, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I don’t have any kids, but after working in a bunch of different childcare settings, I am definitely pro-home daycare. Your baby will get so much more attention and love! I’m glad that you found someone you like!

35 Liz May 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm

When I was pregnant with my first daughter, we decided on her name pretty early on. But when she was born, she looked nothing like the face I had imagined and suddenly the name felt ‘off.’ It threw me for a complete loop! We kept the name because, well, it was her name and now I couldn’t imagine her going by any other moniker.
Liz recently posted..What dreams are made of.

36 Holly May 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Baby G is a GREAT nickname for a baby ;)
We didn’t have Gabriella’s name picked out until we had her. We had a few names in mind, my favorite being Giuliana, but once she arrived she was a TOTAL Gabriella- full of sass & little miss independent :D
Holly recently posted..Sadness on Marathon Monday

37 Tara@PNWRunner May 3, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I am also going to a taco truck challenge tomorrow. It is being hosted by the Fiesta 5k Run that I am doing. I cannot wait. Plus we are going to have great weather too! 75-80 degrees! :)
Enjoy your weekend!!

38 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 3, 2013 at 2:13 pm

We’ve had insanely good weather this week, which has been awesome! I’ve been trying to get outside in it for a little while almost daily.
I’m going to my parents this weekend to celebrate my brother’s birthday with a dinner on Saturday, and I’m taking the boyfriend out Sunday to celebrate his birthday. A lot of celebrations happening!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday: 05/03/13.

39 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 3, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I am IN LOVE with food trucks. They’re so good! I can’t wait to hear about the festival! I can only imagine how heavenly it will be. :)
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..I’m Secretly a 7-Year-Old

40 Natalie @ Free Range Human May 3, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I can’t imagine how tough it would be to pick a childcare provider. That would be so stressful! Good luck!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Walk It Off

41 Nicole @ FruitnFitness May 3, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Love cara cara oranges! I can’t imagine how hard it must be to think of a name for little tooth. I had a hard time thinking of a name for my dog and I know that’s no where near what you must be going through. I’m glad that it doesn’t sound like you and Jay are getting in any arguments over the it though, I can imagine it could be stressful.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Naked Doodle

42 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections May 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm

That’s funny about the name thing! I feel like I would decide on a name and then change my mind 100 times only to have my husband pick a totally different name anyway. That’s exactly what happened when we named our dog…

That is really scary to think about leaving your baby with someone you don’t know that well. I was a nanny for years and I never really understood this until I started seeing the other side of things now. Hope it works out!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..{ Faith in My Friday } Focus on Prayer

43 Annette@FitnessPerks May 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm

YAY for nice weather!! We’ll be having that too–hallelujah!

We’re not naming our baby officially until we see the baby! Too hard to decide before meeting the baby, ya know?!

YUMMMY sherbet!!!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Confessions {4}

44 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction May 3, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I have to go to Stewart’s tonight :)

Feeling good about the place you choose for the daycare is key. After I toured the center we take Mason to I felt great. I am so happy I chose where I chose and that makes it so much easier going to work everyday.

My hubby and I were just saying that we wish tomorrow was not so packed for us, that food truck festival looks like fun and delicious :) Have fun!
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Another Challenge for May

45 Amanda @ A Latte Learn May 3, 2013 at 5:36 pm

SO jealous of the food truck festival!!! :)
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..You Can’t Compete With What You Eat

46 Leigha May 3, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I want to hear all about the food trucks!!! And that dinner, oh my goodness. Those will be made soon.
Leigha recently posted..Fashion Friday {4/29-5/3} + a big step!

47 Kim May 3, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I know it’s hard to trust your baby with a stranger…but you get to know them! I have been a nanny for years – and I get SO attached to my kiddos. I am so protective of them, and just love hanging out with them. I always find it helps moms at the start too if I send them photos of us out and about, at the park, of their child doing something new/cute…so maybe ask them to send you some update photos throughout the day!
Kim recently posted..Friday?!

48 Kelly @ Femme Fitale May 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I love that whoever created the weather forecast included “WARM” on the picture. So funny. Must be excited after having a long winter.

Names are so tough to decide on. I thought boys’ names were the hardest!!!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..A Few Thoughts (02/05/13)

49 Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 3, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I’m so glad that you shared about your plans with baby sitters and stuff! I was really curious what all these expectant moms were planning to do, and that’s awesome that you have a good hunch about this lady you saw. and omgshhhh food trucks are sooooo cool! Love the food, vibe, and the fact that they’re all bunched up together in one location.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Nursery Picks from HomeGoods

50 Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 3, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Being a daycare teacher is my DREAM job. You have to find the right one that works for you! They’re all different in one way or another. Make sure they have good credentials! :) our weather is supposed to be in the 80s this weekend! Crazy for Seattle in May!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..2nd anniversary recap!

51 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 3, 2013 at 10:50 pm

A food truck festival?!? Now that sounds seriously amazing!! I hope you have so much fun! And what perfect weather for that :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Trader Joe’s Tuesday: Biryani + Green Beans

52 Ashley May 4, 2013 at 7:14 am

I’m so jealous about the food truck festival. Make sure to check out How We Roll. Sounds a bit weird but every egg roll I’ve had from there is absolutely amazing. They make a delicious beet and sweet potato roll. So insanely good.

53 Danica @ It's Progression May 4, 2013 at 8:57 am

I see nothing wrong with waiting until you see his little face to choose one of those names! And it’s definitely not uncommon either….he’ll be here so soon! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..friday!

54 Fizz @fizzsbizz May 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I do NOT envy you trying to choose a baby’s name. I have the hardest time making even the tiniest of decisions let alone what someone will be called their entire lives!
Sounds like you have some good options though and I’m sure once you see his little face, it’ll come to you.