WIAW: Filling, Starving, and Baby Updates

by Courtney on May 15, 2013

Hey hey! It’s that time of the week again…

Thanks, as always, to Jenn for hosting. Now let’s just get to the good stuff, shall we?

Breakfast

This breakfast was actually not what I had planned at all for yesterday morning.

Before I left for work yesterday morning, I started packing up the makings of what would be a yogurt bowl. I put together my strawberries and blueberries, and even had some cereal in a baggie…but I forgot the yogurt. Sheesh.

Thankfully, there were bagels in the office yesterday morning, so I grabbed a multigrain one (I think?) and topped it with some honey walnut cream cheese (<–my favorite from Bruegger’s!) to have along with my berries. I actually wound up putting some of the strawberries ON the bagel, which was quite delicious, FYI. ;)

A couple of hours after breakfast, I had to head out of the office for a bit for my 30-week prenatal appointment. The appointment went GREAT, and included a few cool pieces of info…

• Baby and me are measuring “perfectly” and weight gain is right on target
  • Although I already knew I passed my glucose test, I found out my number was 86…they like it to be below 130. Holla!
  • I’m not anemic (WOOT!)
  • Baby Tooth is head down! Right now, he’s in a bit of a “C” shape, with his head down near my right side (which explains why I feel his little hiccups so low), his little butt up and to the left of my belly button, and his feet? Well, yes…they are right where I thought…up near my right rib cage. He’s been reminding me of that daily. ;)
  • I have one more ultrasound headed my way at 36 weeks(!!)
  • I ended up scheduling the rest of my prenatal appointments. THAT was surreal…

It was a great appointment indeed, so Jay and I decided to celebrate by grabbing a quick lunch at Chipotle. (Actually, I’m kidding. I planned this Chipotle stop about a week ago…it would have happened regardless).

Lunch

YUMMMM.

I ordered my usual chicken burrito bowl and Jay and I shared some chips and guac.

I don’t know if it was because I was eating earlier than normal or not, but I wasn’t even that hungry by the time we got there. And then, I still filled up super quick as I was eating it, so I decided to eat half and save the rest for (what I thought would be) later in the afternoon.

Dinner

Well, I didn’t end up getting hungry at all for the remainder of the day(?!), so I decided to just have the rest of it as my dinner when I got home.

I had made Jay a sandwich for dinner (softball game for him last night) as I was getting my dinner together, and the tomatoes I was slicing for it looked SO good that I decided to just cut up the rest and have it along with my burrito bowl and chips.

Fresh tomatoes topped with just a little salt? Mmmmm….looooove ‘em.

A little while after dinner, once Jay had left for his game, I decided to get my butt in motion and did my full Pilates DVD (50 minutes). It felt really good to get moving again, and I was thrilled to actually have found the energy and desire to even do it. I’m already noticing certain things getting more difficult though…yikes!

After Dinner Snack

While I remained pretty full and satisfied throughout most of the day, yesterday evening was a totally different story. About an hour after I finished my Pilates workout, I was starrrrving. I headed to the kitchen and started with a handful of the first thing that came into sight…

IMG_2159IMG_2160

You guys thought I loved TJ’s cat cookies? Well…these Cinnamon Schoolbook Cookies are incredibly addicting and amazing. I wind up grabbing small handfuls of them ALL the time (probably doesn’t help that I leave them right out on the counter).

At the rate my hunger was going, a handful of those wasn’t going to to do the trick, so I decided to make myself a bowl of cereal.

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Honey Nut Cheerios, and blueberries with almond milk…and then I went back for a second bowl after that one. Holy cow, I just could not get enough!

Once I was finished with my cereal marathon, Cody and I settled in on the couch and watched a little TV while we waited for Jay to get home from softball.

Shortly after that, it was bed tiiiiime for me.

So I’d say it was a bit different day of eats than normal, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Happy Wednesday, everyone! :)

1 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections May 15, 2013 at 9:05 am

I’ve always wanted to try those cookies! I am obsessed with the cat one’s as well. I’ve pretty much decided ANY cookie from TJ’s is amazing.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..The Start of Something Beautiful

2 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 15, 2013 at 9:06 am

It’s like you read my mind. I’ve been debating on what I want for lunch all day and Chipotle kept popping into my head. I don’t see any reason not to go get it now, especially after seeing how good it looks in your pictures! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Loneliness

3 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers May 15, 2013 at 9:08 am

Hey, whatever works – so long as it’s delicious! I’m glad your appointment went so well, and it’s great that Jay was able to join you.
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Nutrient Breakdown WIAW

4 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life May 15, 2013 at 9:09 am

That must have been so exciting to schedule the rest of your pre-natal appointments! Can’t believe you are already at 30 weeks, eek!

Good pick at Chipotle! Chicken burrito bowl is always my go-to as well! ;)

5 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 15, 2013 at 9:09 am

Nothing like cereal to cap off a great day of meals! Sometimes I feel like cereal is even more satisfying at night. I admire your restraint not eating the whole burrito bowl for lunch…once I start, I can’t stop :-) Glad to hear everything is going well with Baby Tooth!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: A First time for Everything!

6 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige May 15, 2013 at 9:10 am

All good news – yay!! :) That must be a relief.
I absolutely love TJ’s ginger cats. I always almost get the alphabet cookies, but then I go for the cats.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Pull Up Panda

7 Natalie @ Free Range Human May 15, 2013 at 9:11 am

Congratulations on a great appointment! I know that’s exciting!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Keep Moving Forward

8 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle May 15, 2013 at 9:13 am

haha at forgetting the yogurt! I had Chipotle on Sunday and it was, as always, so delicious I am planning when I’m going to get it again, haha. I’ve never had any of TJ’s cookies- I’ll be on the lookout for those ones you mentioned!
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..My First 5K Ever!!!! ( Color Run recap )

9 Kathryn May 15, 2013 at 9:16 am

By the end of both my pregnancies, I just couldn’t eat like that, as I got too full too quick. However, at the beginning of my first pregnancy, I was as hungry as you were around dinner. I remember one night I had 2 10 oz steaks, corn, and a salad. Just to put this in perspective, I usually have problems finishing 1 10 oz steak…especially if I eat anything else with it. So, I completely understand that crazy hungry feeling :)

10 Lisa May 15, 2013 at 9:20 am

Yay! Congrats on the good news Courtney. It must be a relief when appointments go well like that.
I so wish there was a TJ’s around here, just so I could try all the goodies people rave about…one of these days I’ll actually go to one! Or they could just come to Canada and make my life easier ;)

11 Linz @ Itz Linz May 15, 2013 at 9:21 am

sometimes bagels and cream cheese totally hit the spot!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..New Headband + Yummy Food

12 Ashley @ Life and Fitness May 15, 2013 at 9:21 am

I think I’ll have to give Chipotle another chance. Everyone always says it’s so good. I tried their chicken tacos and they were a little too greasy for me. Maybe I’ll have better luck ordering a burrito bowl next time.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW- A TJ’s Kinda Day

13 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 15, 2013 at 9:25 am

YES!!!! I’ve been scarfing that cereal combo a ton too! Glad i’m not the only preggo who eats a bowl and then goes back for seconds ;)

14 Karen May 15, 2013 at 9:28 am

I need to try those cookies!! So happy to hear you and the little guy are measuring out perfect!!
Karen recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

15 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes May 15, 2013 at 9:30 am

Those TJ cookies are addictive! I tried them for the first time this past weekend, and there’s no way you can stop after only one handful. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..One Year Ago Today

16 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 15, 2013 at 9:34 am

I hate when I have my breakfast/lunch planned out and then I forget all or part of it at home. So annoying!

This is kinda pathetic, but I’ve never been to Chipotle before even though I have one like 15 minutes from my house. It looks amazing though! I really need to go!

Glad your doctor appt went well!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..30-Day Slim Down

17 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl May 15, 2013 at 9:37 am

So glad that all went well at the doctor’s appt!! That Chipotle looks delish…it’s been way too long since I’ve been there. I absolutely love garden fresh tomatoes. I’ve got some growing in my garden now and I can’t wait till they’re ready!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Sticking to the Plan

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 15, 2013 at 9:42 am

Hehe! I have the same problem whenever I leave anything out on the counter – I just end up grabbing small handfuls of it here and there and then wonder where the heck it disappeared to. Those cookies sound so good though, and only make me wish that we had a TJ’s up here in Canada. And a Chipotle, for that matter! It’s been -months- since I’ve had one of their delicious chicken burrito bowls, and I’m going through withdrawals big time.

Glad to hear that your appointment went well!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … it’s nice not to care .

19 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 15, 2013 at 9:45 am

Sounds lik everything is perfect so far, congratulations! I’m just curious, is the 36 week ultrasound a routine check up? Usually they only do another one if they want to check the baby’s weight , etc.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Black Kale & Mango Salad with Walnut Crusted Goat Cheese

20 Courtney May 15, 2013 at 12:25 pm

It’s actually only used on an “as-needed” basis, but when I asked my doc yesterday if I could have another one, she said she’d just arrange for it. They’ll check for baby’s weight, but they aren’t doing it because they foresee any issues at the moment…just because they’re awesome and letting me have another one :)

21 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 15, 2013 at 6:49 pm

That’s pretty cool that they do that for you. Insurance usually only allows one but the doctor can find a reason to order one if they want, obviously. ;) it’s nice that you’ll get another peak at him and find out how much he weighs, even though it’s just an estimate. Hopefully he shows you his little face!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..High Protein Veggie Quinoa Salad

22 Heather @fitncookies May 15, 2013 at 9:50 am

I love TJ cat cookies! I’ve eyed these ones up every time I go and now might need to buy them!! I can’t believe you are almost done being pregnant and will have a little boy in your hands soon! So sweet and probably surreal!

I definitely notice an I crease in appetite after a workout, and totally relate to the cereal bowl. And lets be real, one bowl is never enough!!

23 Nicole @ FruitnFitness May 15, 2013 at 9:52 am

I love TJ’s cookies, chipotle and brueggers bagels! Now, I think I might have to convince my boyfriend to go to brueggers with me while were in Cincinnati outlet shopping for work clothes.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..WIAW #18 Picture Fail

24 Christine@ Apple of My Eye May 15, 2013 at 9:54 am

Congrats on the great numbers for your glucose test, that’s awesome!

I also have those weird days where I just lose my appetite. But it’s more than balanced by my ravenous “I will eat you if you don’t give me more food” days!

Looks like you and Cody has a nice and relaxing evening!

25 Shel@PeachyPalate May 15, 2013 at 9:55 am

Yay for Mexican Food! Yummy day of eats…and no yoghurt to be replaced by a bagel…a win for sure! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Epic…that is all!

26 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 15, 2013 at 9:55 am

mmmmm LOVE chipotle..their chips are really the best! And I love fresh tomato with salt..delish!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Almost Wordless WIAW

27 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty May 15, 2013 at 9:57 am

When I saw the photo of your cereal bowl last night on Instagram, I immediately knew what I wanted for my evening snack! It looked so tasty I just had to have some for myself! Social media is dangerous I tell ya! :wink:
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Fudgy Dark Chocolate Cookies (Gluten-Free)

28 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 15, 2013 at 10:02 am

Haha I totally had these days throughout pregnancy. I wouldn’t be hungry at all one minute, and then the next, I was STARVING. Pregnancy can be a strange thing, I tell you! ;) So glad your appointment went so well!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #82: A Dairy Free Day

29 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns May 15, 2013 at 10:08 am

Omg only a couple more weeks to go!!!! I’m getting so excited for you!!! MMMmmmm I’ve been craving chipotle lately, now I feel I should have to get some today :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..So Much Water!!

30 Ashlee@HisnHers May 15, 2013 at 10:49 am

Love the pictures with your bump hanging out! You’re such an aodrable pregnant girl!

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 15, 2013 at 11:15 am

It sounds like Chipotle took over your food life yesterday ;). I would definitely not be complaining about that!!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Part 7: Potato Wedges

32 Lauren May 15, 2013 at 11:17 am

I have periods where I’m hungrier earlier in the day, then the next week I’ll be hungrier later in the day. I think it has a lot to do with how much you eat and how spread out your meals are the day before… Or maybe because you’re prego and I just sound dumb :-P
Lauren recently posted..It was a sign.

33 sara @ fitcupcaker May 15, 2013 at 11:17 am

I love cereal, especially for a late night snack!! You are like me, I love blueberries and strawberries together!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Wordless WIAW: A Busy Day & Eating On The Go!

34 Phoebe May 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Love tomatoes with salt! Yum! and the cinnamon schoolbook cookies are so delicious! I can never buy them anymore because I will eat half the bucket in one sitting hahah
Phoebe recently posted..Reel Review: The Great Gatsby (2013)

35 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 15, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Oh man, i freaking LOVE Oatmeal squares! It’s been so long since i’ve had them, I think it’s about time to change that! ;)

36 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples May 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm

wahoo on your glucose test! :) glad everything’s going so well!! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Christmas Card Controversy: Video

37 Kelsey May 15, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Those cookies look awesome! I’m always looking for new TJ finds.
Kelsey recently posted..Where’s the Space?

38 Annette@FitnessPerks May 15, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Those cookies sound so so good!

so glad everything looks great with baby & you!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Lock Laces Review

39 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! May 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I have been DYING to try chipotle (there wasnt one where i am from) and i just found out there is one semi-nearby to where i live now! yay!!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Here I Am!

40 Jenny @ That's What Jenny Said May 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I love to make little cookie sandwiches with TJ cat cookies and cookie butter, yum!

41 Michelle Kim May 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Yuuuum, I’m not craving Chipotle!
Aww I miss cuddling with a cat on the couch. Cody looks so comfy :)
Happy to hear that everything is right on track with Baby Tooth!

42 Alyssa @ Road to RD May 15, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I love chipotle! They are definitely one of my favorites!

43 Lisa May 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm

MAN! I’ve been craving Chipotle like mad lately. Your picture didn’t help. :)
Lisa recently posted..Now Entering Phase 2…

44 Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 15, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Honey walnut cream cheese?! Why do you taunt me so?! Mmmmmmmm. AND chipotle?! Just cruel :)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..I’M FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

45 Leigha May 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I’ve never had Chipotle but I want to try it soo bad! I love plain tomatoes. I eat them like an apple!
Leigha recently posted..WIAW: Yummy Day and Cooking with Lynn!

46 Lauren @ Sweat The Sweet Stuff May 15, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Honey walnut cream cheese? Yum!

47 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate May 15, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Mmm, I definitely need me some Chipotle in the veryyy near future! I am always the most hungry and snacky at night, and I always just go with it else I tend to wake up the middle of the night with raging hunger.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..WIAW: Wordless Style

48 Aimee @Cinnamon Castle May 16, 2013 at 1:54 am

I cannot WAIT for the day Australia jumps on the bagel bandwagon! I really want to try one! And I just had a chicken burrito bowl for my lunch – the perks of working next door to a Mexican food place! (oh the smells we have during the day…)

49 Bek @ Crave May 16, 2013 at 6:44 am

It’s good to see you’re listening to your body :) I bet it’s surreal to not feel hungry and then crazy hungry later on.

50 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats May 16, 2013 at 8:25 am

ahh head down! That makes it seem so real! Congrats on a good visit…and lots of good eats :)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Hey Girl, Let’s go to the gym

51 Brittany @ FreckledNettles May 16, 2013 at 8:28 am

Sometimes you need to go back for a second helping of cereal. It’s good for the soul. :)
Brittany @ FreckledNettles recently posted..WIAW: Ooey-Gooey Goodness