WIAW: Filling, Starving, and Baby Updates

Hey hey! It’s that time of the week again…

Thanks, as always, to Jenn for hosting. Now let’s just get to the good stuff, shall we?

Breakfast

This breakfast was actually not what I had planned at all for yesterday morning.

Before I left for work yesterday morning, I started packing up the makings of what would be a yogurt bowl. I put together my strawberries and blueberries, and even had some cereal in a baggie…but I forgot the yogurt. Sheesh.

Thankfully, there were bagels in the office yesterday morning, so I grabbed a multigrain one (I think?) and topped it with some honey walnut cream cheese (<–my favorite from Bruegger’s!) to have along with my berries. I actually wound up putting some of the strawberries ON the bagel, which was quite delicious, FYI. 😉

A couple of hours after breakfast, I had to head out of the office for a bit for my 30-week prenatal appointment. The appointment went GREAT, and included a few cool pieces of info…

• Baby and me are measuring “perfectly” and weight gain is right on target
  • Although I already knew I passed my glucose test, I found out my number was 86…they like it to be below 130. Holla!
  • I’m not anemic (WOOT!)
  • Baby Tooth is head down! Right now, he’s in a bit of a “C” shape, with his head down near my right side (which explains why I feel his little hiccups so low), his little butt up and to the left of my belly button, and his feet? Well, yes…they are right where I thought…up near my right rib cage. He’s been reminding me of that daily. 😉
  • I have one more ultrasound headed my way at 36 weeks(!!)
  • I ended up scheduling the rest of my prenatal appointments. THAT was surreal…

It was a great appointment indeed, so Jay and I decided to celebrate by grabbing a quick lunch at Chipotle. (Actually, I’m kidding. I planned this Chipotle stop about a week ago…it would have happened regardless).

Lunch

YUMMMM.

I ordered my usual chicken burrito bowl and Jay and I shared some chips and guac.

I don’t know if it was because I was eating earlier than normal or not, but I wasn’t even that hungry by the time we got there. And then, I still filled up super quick as I was eating it, so I decided to eat half and save the rest for (what I thought would be) later in the afternoon.

Dinner

Well, I didn’t end up getting hungry at all for the remainder of the day(?!), so I decided to just have the rest of it as my dinner when I got home.

I had made Jay a sandwich for dinner (softball game for him last night) as I was getting my dinner together, and the tomatoes I was slicing for it looked SO good that I decided to just cut up the rest and have it along with my burrito bowl and chips.

Fresh tomatoes topped with just a little salt? Mmmmm….looooove ’em.

A little while after dinner, once Jay had left for his game, I decided to get my butt in motion and did my full Pilates DVD (50 minutes). It felt really good to get moving again, and I was thrilled to actually have found the energy and desire to even do it. I’m already noticing certain things getting more difficult though…yikes!

After Dinner Snack

While I remained pretty full and satisfied throughout most of the day, yesterday evening was a totally different story. About an hour after I finished my Pilates workout, I was starrrrving. I headed to the kitchen and started with a handful of the first thing that came into sight…

IMG_2159IMG_2160

You guys thought I loved TJ’s cat cookies? Well…these Cinnamon Schoolbook Cookies are incredibly addicting and amazing. I wind up grabbing small handfuls of them ALL the time (probably doesn’t help that I leave them right out on the counter).

At the rate my hunger was going, a handful of those wasn’t going to to do the trick, so I decided to make myself a bowl of cereal.

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Honey Nut Cheerios, and blueberries with almond milk…and then I went back for a second bowl after that one. Holy cow, I just could not get enough!

Once I was finished with my cereal marathon, Cody and I settled in on the couch and watched a little TV while we waited for Jay to get home from softball.

Shortly after that, it was bed tiiiiime for me.

So I’d say it was a bit different day of eats than normal, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Happy Wednesday, everyone! :)

Comments

It’s like you read my mind. I’ve been debating on what I want for lunch all day and Chipotle kept popping into my head. I don’t see any reason not to go get it now, especially after seeing how good it looks in your pictures! :)
    Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Loneliness

2. Kathryn says

By the end of both my pregnancies, I just couldn’t eat like that, as I got too full too quick. However, at the beginning of my first pregnancy, I was as hungry as you were around dinner. I remember one night I had 2 10 oz steaks, corn, and a salad. Just to put this in perspective, I usually have problems finishing 1 10 oz steak…especially if I eat anything else with it. So, I completely understand that crazy hungry feeling :)

Yay! Congrats on the good news Courtney. It must be a relief when appointments go well like that.
    I so wish there was a TJ’s around here, just so I could try all the goodies people rave about…one of these days I’ll actually go to one! Or they could just come to Canada and make my life easier 😉

I hate when I have my breakfast/lunch planned out and then I forget all or part of it at home. So annoying!

This is kinda pathetic, but I’ve never been to Chipotle before even though I have one like 15 minutes from my house. It looks amazing though! I really need to go!

Glad your doctor appt went well!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..30-Day Slim Down

So glad that all went well at the doctor’s appt!! That Chipotle looks delish…it’s been way too long since I’ve been there. I absolutely love garden fresh tomatoes. I’ve got some growing in my garden now and I can’t wait till they’re ready!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Sticking to the Plan

Hehe! I have the same problem whenever I leave anything out on the counter – I just end up grabbing small handfuls of it here and there and then wonder where the heck it disappeared to. Those cookies sound so good though, and only make me wish that we had a TJ’s up here in Canada. And a Chipotle, for that matter! It’s been -months- since I’ve had one of their delicious chicken burrito bowls, and I’m going through withdrawals big time.

Glad to hear that your appointment went well!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … it’s nice not to care .

• Courtney says

It’s actually only used on an “as-needed” basis, but when I asked my doc yesterday if I could have another one, she said she’d just arrange for it. They’ll check for baby’s weight, but they aren’t doing it because they foresee any issues at the moment…just because they’re awesome and letting me have another one :)

• says

That’s pretty cool that they do that for you. Insurance usually only allows one but the doctor can find a reason to order one if they want, obviously. 😉 it’s nice that you’ll get another peak at him and find out how much he weighs, even though it’s just an estimate. Hopefully he shows you his little face!
        Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..High Protein Veggie Quinoa Salad

7. Heather @fitncookies says

I love TJ cat cookies! I’ve eyed these ones up every time I go and now might need to buy them!! I can’t believe you are almost done being pregnant and will have a little boy in your hands soon! So sweet and probably surreal!

I definitely notice an I crease in appetite after a workout, and totally relate to the cereal bowl. And lets be real, one bowl is never enough!!

Congrats on the great numbers for your glucose test, that’s awesome!

I also have those weird days where I just lose my appetite. But it’s more than balanced by my ravenous “I will eat you if you don’t give me more food” days!

Looks like you and Cody has a nice and relaxing evening!

I have periods where I’m hungrier earlier in the day, then the next week I’ll be hungrier later in the day. I think it has a lot to do with how much you eat and how spread out your meals are the day before… Or maybe because you’re prego and I just sound dumb 😛
    Lauren recently posted..It was a sign.

Yuuuum, I’m not craving Chipotle!
    Aww I miss cuddling with a cat on the couch. Cody looks so comfy :)
    Happy to hear that everything is right on track with Baby Tooth!

I cannot WAIT for the day Australia jumps on the bagel bandwagon! I really want to try one! And I just had a chicken burrito bowl for my lunch – the perks of working next door to a Mexican food place! (oh the smells we have during the day…)

Trackbacks