Fun Facts Friday {5/17}

by Courtney on May 17, 2013

1. I can’t start out today’s post without saying thank you for all of your incredibly supportive and insightful comments on yesterday’s post. Although I haven’t had the time to respond to many comments, I’m still reading each and every one of them, and I appreciate them so, so much. You are all incredible.

2. On Wednesday, I received a lovely little shipment from Larabar with their new ALT bars. Yesterday I tried out the Cinnamon Apple Crisp flavor and I. Am. In. Loooove.

Today I’m testing out the Lemon Pound Cake. Super psyched.

3. I can’t help but feel a little bit sad about this coming weekend…it’s the second Blend Retreat, and I won’t be there. Boooo. Last year’s retreat was so much fun and probably my favorite blog conference I’ve ever attended.

It also didn’t hurt having Tina and Alyssa as my buddies the whole weekend either. ;)

(If you’re interested,  you can check out all of last year’s recaps HERE)

4. I feel like today is going to be one of those days where my hunger is just through the roof. Just sayin’.

5. For the past two weeks, I’ve reinstated Coffee Friday. DD’s iced decafs with 1 pump each of caramel and french vanilla is where it’s been at.

6. Want a good, quick core workout for today? Try out this one, which I actually put together exactly a year ago today. I’d do it too but, ya know, hardcore core work isn’t really my thang these days…so do an extra set for me, mmmkay?

7. Although I’m not doing a ton of core work nowadays, I DID manage to get moving with a walking workout yesterday after work! I found myself with a little extra energy, so I decided to take advantage and hopped on the treadmill for a 3-mile walk while catching up on some magazines. I’m so thankful to still be able to keep up some moderate exercise at 31 weeks preggo.

Codeman was right there waiting for me to finish, of course.

8. The week of sudden, intense cravings continues. Last night, I was struck with a neeeeed for eggs, so I made some for dinner.

Two scrambled eggs with loads of spinach and feta cheese, along with a mini baked sweet potato, topped with fruit salsa and a little light sour cream. I don’t know if eggs had ever tasted so darn good.

9. Tomorrow I have plans to hit up the outdoor Farmer’s Market with my bestie, Heather. Can’t wait to see what kind of goodies they have now that it’s back outside. There’s always SUCH a better selection.

10. I am currently addicted to the app Candy Crush on my iPhone. Have you guys played it yet? Try it, please. Or don’t…if you don’t want to become obsessed. (Thank you, Chelsey, for fueling this obsession).

11. I think I’ve run out of facts for today…

Happy FRIDAY, everyone! Have a great day and weekend! :)

1 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty May 17, 2013 at 9:07 am

Happy Friday! I enjoyed the Peanut Butter Cookie ALT bar yesterday and really enjoyed it! Can’t wait to try the other flavors!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Marinara and Parmesan

2 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl May 17, 2013 at 9:13 am

I’ve been seeing the ALT bars popping all over the blog world and I really want to give them a try! Way to go with getting in some workouts….you will be glad that you did. Have a great weekend!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Thursday Things

3 Kathryn May 17, 2013 at 9:13 am

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Candy Crush! I am totally addicted, though this week I’ve been playing a ton of Angry Birds friends (along with some of the other Angry Birds games).

Today shall not be a fun day, as I have to take my daughter to the Ortho so she can get her cast on. She fell from the monkey bars and broke her arm on Tuesday. :(

Hope you can get your hunger under control, I always hated those days because, no matter what I ate, I was hungry and that made me cranky.

4 Lisa May 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

Have a great weekend. :-)

5 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

I am so impressed that you are still working out! Way to go. Love the pic of Cody on the treadmill. Precious :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..You’re Never to Old…

6 lauren May 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

I didn’t get a chance to comment on your post from last night but I second all of the incredible support! You are right on with how you feel and so amazing to share that!
Ah, did I seriously just read 31 weeks??? Where have I been? I can’t believe the little one is going to be here so so soon! :)
xoxo

7 Sami May 17, 2013 at 9:19 am

you are going to LOVE the lemon pound cake. it is my favorite to date, and i’m not even a huge lemon fan!
awesome work on the walking! xo.
Sami recently posted..And Then There Were Eight.

8 Shel@PeachyPalate May 17, 2013 at 9:19 am

Both my mum and my four year old niece are ADDICTED to candy crush!!! I blame the niece for getting my mum hooked! I love farmers markets, perfect way to spend a Saturday!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Plant Protein..without the protein powder!

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 17, 2013 at 9:27 am

I love larabars…they’re the best! Excited to try the ALT bars.

Love the pic of you and Cody on the treadmill…so cute!

Farmer’s Markets are so awesome, especially this time of year!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..All About Kale

10 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 17, 2013 at 9:28 am

we’re going to miss you SO much!!!!! hugs to that baby bump!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..best decisions…meet lee!

11 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 17, 2013 at 9:38 am

Ahh I’ve seen almost entirely good reviews about the ALT bars! (I saw one negative one about the pumpkin pie.) But the Lemon Pound Cake is the one I’d most like to try–can’t wait to hear what you think of it!

Also, love Cody on the treadmill. He’s too cute. :)
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..Thursday Thoughts: CrossFit and Bloggy Things

12 Karen May 17, 2013 at 9:48 am

Happy Friday!! Those bars look amazing!! I know you have been to HLS and I was thinking of going this year. First time since I just started blogging in January but I would love to meet the bloggers I read everyday. Have a great weekend!
Karen recently posted..Friday Favorites…

13 Melissa @ Forloveandtravel May 17, 2013 at 10:02 am

I love Candy Crush, been playing it for about a year. I’m addicted!! My Husband calls it the Jelly Bean game, he thinks I’m crazy because I’m always playing. ;)

14 Sarah C May 17, 2013 at 10:06 am

Oh Candy Crush :-( I was so addicted to that game I had to get rid of it LOL. I woke up thinking about those darn little candies. Loved it too much

15 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 17, 2013 at 10:12 am

Oh Candy Crush… I’m addicted!! It’s been my source of entertainment during Hunter’s night feeds!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hunter: 7 Weeks

16 Nadya May 17, 2013 at 10:14 am

Candy Crush!!! Love it! My friends and I call it Candy Crack.

17 Ashlee@HisnHers May 17, 2013 at 10:23 am

Love candy crush! Crazy how addicting it is!

18 Ashley @ Life and Fitness May 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

Ahhh candy crush!! I haven’t started playing it yet because I’m super addicted to coin dozer! I always want to beat the next level. Have a great weekend!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Good Thing I Have A Big Purse

19 Nicole @ FruitnFitness May 17, 2013 at 10:28 am

I haven’t tried the ALT larabars yet, I will have to try some next time I need to restock my quick snacks.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Findlay Market and Jungle Jim’s

20 Christine@ Apple of My Eye May 17, 2013 at 10:33 am

Hahaha Cody cracks me up! What a character ;). Your dinner looks so good by the way!

21 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset May 17, 2013 at 10:45 am

I want those new Larabars SO bad!! Damn you, Canada! lol. I made a semi-homemade lemon cake/pound cake for mother’s day, and now I just want more lemon sweets! They’re so yummy! Enjoy it!
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Too enjoyable

22 Natalie @ Free Range Human May 17, 2013 at 10:47 am

I’m feeling a little bummed to not be at Blend as well! That dinner is making me hungry. I love the eggs, spinach, and feta combo.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yes, I Cried Like A Baby

23 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit May 17, 2013 at 10:53 am

Happy Friday! Your bump on the treadmill is so cute! And WIN for DD Iced Coffee, they used to do “happy hours” at the one near me last Summer, iced coffee for $1!!! I really hope they bring that back!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Five For Friday 5/16/13…Tapped Out…

24 Gracie May 17, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have got to get my hands on those ALT bars!
Never heard of Candy Crush! But not sure if I need another reason to be addicted to my phone, haha
Gracie recently posted..lots of girliness.

25 Lauren May 17, 2013 at 10:55 am

I love how pets seem to always be there when you’re trying to get things done. I was trying to do PT exercises for my knee and Elmo was in other rooms the entire morning until I started doing them. OF COURSE. Lol just like a kid. ;-)

Have a great Friday!
Lauren recently posted..It was a sign.

26 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns May 17, 2013 at 11:07 am

I saw someone post a picture of the ALT bars yesterday on instagram, they look just like the regular lara bars to me, what’s the difference?? Hahaha I’ve been the same with candy crush for weeks now, that darn game is too addictive!!! Farmer’s markets are always fun :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Sometimes It’s Just A Lesson

27 Jolynn May 17, 2013 at 11:30 am

Cute shoes!!
Jolynn recently posted..Baby Toma: 23 Weeks and the Larabar WINNER Announced!

28 Linz @ Itz Linz May 17, 2013 at 11:47 am

aw i’m sad you won’t be at blend either as this is my first year! oh well, when i do meet you it will be with baby tooth!! xoxo
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Inspiration Boards for Fitness

29 Andrea @pencilsandpancakes May 17, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Too funny I was biting into the peanut butter cookie one as I read your comment ab ALT bars… The lemon pound cake was delish!
Andrea @pencilsandpancakes recently posted..Intuitive Eating, Intermittent Fasting, and Wine

30 Michelle Kim May 17, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I love going to the farmer’s market on Saturdays with my mom. It’s going to be a beautiful mid-May Saturday, so I can’t wait!
Glad you’re keeping active with the treadmill walk! Hehe I love how Cody is chillin’ on the belt, haha.

31 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 17, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I had the lemon pound cake today, too! I think I made a mistake by trying the Apple Crisp first – I’m afraid nothing else will compare.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Happy Birthday, Cory!

32 Melissa May 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Those Larabars look awesome, I’ll have to try to find them soon! And I’m totally addicted to Candy crush…it’s the reason I’ve slept so terribly this week. I just can’t stop.
Melissa recently posted..Chores Chores Chores.

33 Annette@FitnessPerks May 17, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Those ALT bars look so so yumm!!

We’ll miss you at BLEND!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Thoughts {2}

34 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 17, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I received the ALT bars, as well, and I cannot wait to try the pumpkin flavor! I think it is awesome that they chose pumpkin as a flavor since it is normally just a “seasonal” flavor for most brands.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Friday Foodie Favorites: The “Bookmarked” Edition

35 Amanda B. May 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Oh my god- I JUST started playing Candy Crush and I’m addicted, too!! I NEVER play those games and I just can’t stop with this one!

36 Leigha May 17, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I am salivating at your dinner. Looks so yummy! I am so excited to hit up the farmer’s market this year!
Leigha recently posted..Fashion Friday + track meet

37 Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 17, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Woohoo! Inspiration for pregnant women everywhere :)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Thursday Thoughts 5/16- A trip down memory lane

38 Bek @ Crave May 17, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Fruit salsa? On a savoury sweet potato! Sounds absurd haha. Aww Cody is adorable on the tready! Good job getting a workout in and for satisfying your intense pregnancy cravings.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Link Love 18/5

39 Shari May 18, 2013 at 9:16 am

Candy Crush is ridiculously addicting … I keep saying I’m just going to delete it, but then I never actually follow through. :P
Shari recently posted..A Dual Perspective.

40 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets May 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Love having eggs for dinner! And that sweet potato looks deeeelish. Have a great weekend!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..12-minute, do-anywhere power circuit workout

41 Marissa @ Barefoot Colorado May 20, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Blend looks SO fun! I’ve been following along with everyone’s trip via social media and I think it’s about time I attended it!
Marissa @ Barefoot Colorado recently posted..Sweet Sweet Summertime + Kayaks

42 shelly May 28, 2013 at 1:06 pm

when I was seven months pregnant, I ran a 2 mile race in 16 minutes.