Saturday with Friends and Food

by Courtney on May 20, 2013

Saturday was a great day, filled with good friends and good food, which started out nice and early with a trip to the Farmer’s Market with my bestie, Heather.

It was seriously, the perfect morning to walk around. Absolutely beautiful.

Neither of us wound up buying a ton (I bought a loaf of bread and some gar la la) but we did each get a little something for breakfast, grabbed a seat, and just sat outside catching up for a bit. I got myself a melon & mint fruit infused water, which was amazingly delicious.

And a morning glory muffin, which was equally as tasty.

I’d say the two of us probably spent a good hour a half down at the market, which was a great way to kick off the weekend.

Shortly after getting home, Jay and I were back out the door again and off to our friends’ Kanika & Shaheen’s place for a graduation party. Apparently we had gotten there right after some of the food was delivered, which just so happened to be sliders from Slidin’ Dirty (remember, they were the food truck we didn’t get to try a couple weeks ago?) I made sure to try one of them, which was super awesome (it even had a fried pickle on top).

There was certainly no shortage of food at the party, that’s for sure! I snacked a bit as the day went on, and in the midst of my snacking happened to come across a new obsession…Cheryl’s Cookies (they’re in the silver tin on the back of the counter there). Apparently they’re from Columbus, Ohio, and oh.my.gosh. I want…no, I NEED…a tin of them for myself. Specifically these, because that’s what I tried at the party and it was just phenomenal.

BUT…moving forward.

Also as scrumptious was Shaheen’s homemade cheesecake with fresh berries. Hoooooly cow.

Like I said…no shortage of delicious food.

A little while after having arrived at the party, I had one of those “wow, what a small world!” moments after finding out that there was actually someone at the party who reads the blog! Hey Carol!

Carol also graduated with Kanika from law school, which is where that connection came from, and she actually started reading the blog after her sister had told her about it. It was super cool to be able to meet her and chat for a little bit. I’m tellin’ ya…small world!

At one point during the afternoon, our group decided to take a short walk down to the lake that they live near.

Fun fact: it is Jay’s dream to live on a lake. I told him maybe someday when we hit that lottery. ;)

I just love spending time with this crew (although we were missing a few!)…who should all be familiar faces to you guys by now.

And I seriously can’t get enough of the newest member of our crew, Baby Ben, who was born about three weeks ago.

Can you guys believe that in a little less than two months, I’ll have my own little guy to hold?? I feel like it’s hitting a little closer to home now after looking at that photo. Absolutely crazy….and sooooo exciting(!!).

So those were definitely the highlights of my Saturday…how about you guys??

1 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers May 20, 2013 at 8:49 am

Sounds like a great weekend with really really really great food. Mmmmm, cheeeeesecake!

2 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty May 20, 2013 at 8:52 am

Courtney your bump is the cutest thing EVER! You look absolutely gorgeous and glowing in those photos. You look perfect with a baby in your arms! So soon, SO exciting! Your food photos look delicious too btw!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Fresh Vegetarian Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness May 20, 2013 at 8:54 am

Sounds like a fun weekend. I’ve been slacking with my water intake lately so I’ve been loving lemon & lime slices in my water. Yum, a fried pickle sounds interesting!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..I Went Running

4 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire May 20, 2013 at 8:55 am

Cheryl’s cookies are SO good! When I graduated high school, my aunt sent me a cookie bouquet and I’ve been hooked ever since. You look absolutely gorgeous-I can’t believe it’s so close to baby time!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Goals, Dreams & Taking A Chance

5 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 20, 2013 at 9:00 am

yumm morning glory muffins are my favorite! looks like you had a great and delicious day!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Weekend Things 5/20

6 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life May 20, 2013 at 9:00 am

Call me crazy, but I actually didn’t know Cheryl’s was just an Ohio thing! Cheryl’s has been around as long as I can remember and I just love them too, especially the simple buttercream frosted cookies. My husband’s favorite is the orange flavor!

By the way, if you think they are good in the package, you should try them in the actual store! So good and fresh! :)

7 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections May 20, 2013 at 9:22 am

That muffin looks sooo good! You look stunning in that pink shirt. I can only hope to be as pretty as you when I’m preggers!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Tapping Into Positive

8 Shel@PeachyPalate May 20, 2013 at 9:25 am

Awh I love the name Ben! Such a cute baby name! Nothing beats a farmers market; I haven’t been off at the weekend to go to ours in a while but there should be some mid week ones coming up soon! :) Happy Monday!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Soothing Ginger Smoothie

9 Betty May 20, 2013 at 9:37 am

I’ve used Cheryl’s for misc gift giving since we received them as a corporate gift a few years ago. If you sign up with them, they offer email specials many times. mmmmm

10 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle May 20, 2013 at 9:38 am

You look like a natural holding a baby :) you are such a cute pregnant lady! That cheesecake with the berries has my mouth watering.
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..MIMM: Baby, You A Song

11 Allee @ Griselda Mood May 20, 2013 at 9:48 am

Ooh you are in the final stretch! I used to love holding other people’s babies and realizing that soon enough, I’d have my own! It’s a special realization :-)
Allee @ Griselda Mood recently posted..Errand Running & Actual Running

12 Trixie May 20, 2013 at 10:01 am

Yay for the Columbus shout out! Fun fact: Cheryl (yes, THAT Cheryl) was the speaker at my college graduation (Go Bucks!). I was disappointed because she didn’t bring any cookies for us, haha! I thought that was the nice thing to do.
Trixie recently posted..Les Misérables Columbus Review

13 Allison May 20, 2013 at 10:01 am

Pregnancy really suits you…you are gorgeous! And still so active and doing such fun things..I love it :)
Allison recently posted..Pressed Juicery Cleanse, Days 2 & 3

14 Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 20, 2013 at 10:11 am

Awwr lookit you with little baby Ben – so gorgeous :) I can’t even imagine what it must feel like to know that you’ll have your own little guy to hold so soon. Definitely excited for you, girl!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... you won’t find happiness in a smaller pair of jeans .

15 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 20, 2013 at 10:15 am

Good friends and good food always make for a great weekend. ;) And Court, you look so cute! I can’t believe he’s going to be here so soon!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Catch Up Day

16 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 20, 2013 at 10:19 am

That pizza looks SO good!!

And you look so natural holding that baby! You are going to be a great mommy! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..BBQ “Chik’n” Salad + Larabar Giveaway Winner!

17 Emily @ The Good Era May 20, 2013 at 10:36 am

Sounds like a great weekend!! Ben is so sweet, looks like you can get a little practice in before your little guy gets here :)

Melon +Mint Water?! That sounds so good…I’ll have to try that!
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Strawberry Lime Protein Muffins

18 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 20, 2013 at 10:36 am

Looks like the perfect weekend! I can imagine how exciting it must feel to hold that baby, knowing you’ll soon be holding one of your own :-)

This weekend, I went to a cupcake festival and ran in two 5Ks, both of which I got second place in! It was my first time ever placing in a race and very exciting to stand on that podium. I celebrated with lots of wine!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..5Ks, Cupcakes and and Country Music

19 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl May 20, 2013 at 10:50 am

Wow…looks like a fabulous weekend!! The food looks out of this world and baby Ben is a doll!

20 Lauren May 20, 2013 at 11:08 am

I would love to have a house by ANY source of water… Specifically a beach. If only I was from Florida, I may be more excited about my lottery tickets ;-) I love infused water and my mom used to make mint tea when I was younger so this brought a familiar taste back which brings a craving. Jeesh haha! You’re going to be holding a little Ben of your own very shortly!!! So exciting :-)
Lauren recently posted..When is my “new day”?

21 Fizz @fizzsbizz May 20, 2013 at 11:21 am

That cheesecake looks to die for! I love plain cheesecake topped with berries, it’s one of my faves.

Your pink bump is soo cute!!
Fizz @fizzsbizz recently posted..A craving for salad!! Who am I??

22 Jenny May 20, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Aww! Your baby bump is way cute! And you look like you’re going to be a natural looking at the picture of you holding Baby Ben! :) My Saturday highlight??? Celebrating 6 years with my love and him surprising me with an actual ENGAGEMENT ring I’ve been eyeing up for years made by Simon G!!!
Jenny recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday! 5.20.2013

23 Amanda @ Sistas of Strength May 20, 2013 at 12:30 pm

You look great holding that sweet little baby. Almost time!! :)

24 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love going to Farmer’s Markets. All the fresh fruit/veggies is amazing this time of year!

Cheryl’s Cookies are the best! I was introduced to them at Christmas last year…I’m so hooked!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Our Weekend in PA Dutch Country – Day 1

25 Karen May 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Seriously can’t get over what a cute preggo you are…:)

I was able to spend some time with my friend who is due in September with a little boy.
Karen recently posted..Weekend Recap

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Aww you’re a natural mommy already! ;) Love that pic!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 1 month old

27 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up May 20, 2013 at 2:01 pm

You are going to be such a cute mama…..you already look like a natural!!!

28 Lisa May 20, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Sounds like a great weekend! :-) You are going to be such an adorable mama!

29 Michelle Kim May 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Yay! What a fun Saturday! I can’t believe you’ll be holding your son so soon! I still remember when you told your readers that ya’ll were expecting :)
And that cheesecake with all the fruit looks so delicious!

30 cathy May 20, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Cheryl’s cookies are the best! One of our companies sends them to us every Christmas. :)

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Looks like a perfect Saturday!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots #4

32 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets May 20, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Sounds like such a great weekend! I must admit, if I ever met you in real life it would totally be like meeting a celeb! (You are a blog celeb, after all ;))
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..12-minute, do-anywhere power circuit workout

33 Courtney May 20, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Hahahaha!! Awww, you are too sweet! You’d just quickly find out I’m a big ‘ol goof ball who just likes to have fun :)

34 Liz Kaczmarek May 20, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I loveee going to the Farmer’s Market! I live in Madison, WI and we have an awesome one every weekend in the summer that goes all around the Capital building square. It’s definitely one of my favorite things about summertime!!

35 Leigha May 20, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Graduation parties are THE best! All the food looks soo yummy! I am so excited to hit up the farmers market this summer :D
Leigha recently posted..Cellcom Green Bay Half Marathon!

36 Eryn @ Blond Minded Brunette May 21, 2013 at 2:12 am

I love farmers markets. I was just over in Seattle for my first baby shower and didn’t have time to make it to Pikes Place, which is a favorite of mine. You can always find something yummy to snack on there. Oh well, maybe on my next trip over!
Eryn @ Blond Minded Brunette recently posted..1st Baby Shower, A Crazy Weekend, Insane Monday, and Ghosts?

37 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats May 21, 2013 at 8:23 am

All of this food (and you!) look great! what a fun and delicious weekend :)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Instant pick-me-up and sun safety