Saturday with Friends and Food

Saturday was a great day, filled with good friends and good food, which started out nice and early with a trip to the Farmer’s Market with my bestie, Heather.

It was seriously, the perfect morning to walk around. Absolutely beautiful.

Neither of us wound up buying a ton (I bought a loaf of bread and some gar la la) but we did each get a little something for breakfast, grabbed a seat, and just sat outside catching up for a bit. I got myself a melon & mint fruit infused water, which was amazingly delicious.

And a morning glory muffin, which was equally as tasty.

I’d say the two of us probably spent a good hour a half down at the market, which was a great way to kick off the weekend.

Shortly after getting home, Jay and I were back out the door again and off to our friends’ Kanika & Shaheen’s place for a graduation party. Apparently we had gotten there right after some of the food was delivered, which just so happened to be sliders from Slidin’ Dirty (remember, they were the food truck we didn’t get to try a couple weeks ago?) I made sure to try one of them, which was super awesome (it even had a fried pickle on top).

There was certainly no shortage of food at the party, that’s for sure! I snacked a bit as the day went on, and in the midst of my snacking happened to come across a new obsession…Cheryl’s Cookies (they’re in the silver tin on the back of the counter there). Apparently they’re from Columbus, Ohio, and oh.my.gosh. I want…no, I NEED…a tin of them for myself. Specifically these, because that’s what I tried at the party and it was just phenomenal.

BUT…moving forward.

Also as scrumptious was Shaheen’s homemade cheesecake with fresh berries. Hoooooly cow.

Like I said…no shortage of delicious food.

A little while after having arrived at the party, I had one of those “wow, what a small world!” moments after finding out that there was actually someone at the party who reads the blog! Hey Carol!

Carol also graduated with Kanika from law school, which is where that connection came from, and she actually started reading the blog after her sister had told her about it. It was super cool to be able to meet her and chat for a little bit. I’m tellin’ ya…small world!

At one point during the afternoon, our group decided to take a short walk down to the lake that they live near.

Fun fact: it is Jay’s dream to live on a lake. I told him maybe someday when we hit that lottery. 😉

I just love spending time with this crew (although we were missing a few!)…who should all be familiar faces to you guys by now.

And I seriously can’t get enough of the newest member of our crew, Baby Ben, who was born about three weeks ago.

Can you guys believe that in a little less than two months, I’ll have my own little guy to hold?? I feel like it’s hitting a little closer to home now after looking at that photo. Absolutely crazy….and sooooo exciting(!!).

So those were definitely the highlights of my Saturday…how about you guys??

Comments

Call me crazy, but I actually didn’t know Cheryl’s was just an Ohio thing! Cheryl’s has been around as long as I can remember and I just love them too, especially the simple buttercream frosted cookies. My husband’s favorite is the orange flavor!

By the way, if you think they are good in the package, you should try them in the actual store! So good and fresh! :)

2. Betty says

I’ve used Cheryl’s for misc gift giving since we received them as a corporate gift a few years ago. If you sign up with them, they offer email specials many times. mmmmm

Yay for the Columbus shout out! Fun fact: Cheryl (yes, THAT Cheryl) was the speaker at my college graduation (Go Bucks!). I was disappointed because she didn’t bring any cookies for us, haha! I thought that was the nice thing to do.
    Trixie recently posted..Les Misérables Columbus Review

Looks like the perfect weekend! I can imagine how exciting it must feel to hold that baby, knowing you’ll soon be holding one of your own :-)

This weekend, I went to a cupcake festival and ran in two 5Ks, both of which I got second place in! It was my first time ever placing in a race and very exciting to stand on that podium. I celebrated with lots of wine!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..5Ks, Cupcakes and and Country Music

I would love to have a house by ANY source of water… Specifically a beach. If only I was from Florida, I may be more excited about my lottery tickets 😉 I love infused water and my mom used to make mint tea when I was younger so this brought a familiar taste back which brings a craving. Jeesh haha! You’re going to be holding a little Ben of your own very shortly!!! So exciting :-)
    Lauren recently posted..When is my “new day”?

Aww! Your baby bump is way cute! And you look like you’re going to be a natural looking at the picture of you holding Baby Ben! :) My Saturday highlight??? Celebrating 6 years with my love and him surprising me with an actual ENGAGEMENT ring I’ve been eyeing up for years made by Simon G!!!
    Jenny recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday! 5.20.2013

Yay! What a fun Saturday! I can’t believe you’ll be holding your son so soon! I still remember when you told your readers that ya’ll were expecting :)
    And that cheesecake with all the fruit looks so delicious!

• Courtney says

Hahahaha!! Awww, you are too sweet! You’d just quickly find out I’m a big ‘ol goof ball who just likes to have fun :)

I loveee going to the Farmer’s Market! I live in Madison, WI and we have an awesome one every weekend in the summer that goes all around the Capital building square. It’s definitely one of my favorite things about summertime!!