1. WOO HOO for Friday! I feel like this week totally flew by…anyone else? I’m super pumped for our three-day holiday weekend.
2. Last night I had the motivation to bake so I decided to bake not one, but TWO batches of Love Blondies. Funny story though…I actually wound up having to bake FOUR batches…
I totally misread the ingredients on my first two batches and they came out just awful (can I pull the pregnancy brain card here?). There was no salvaging them at ALL, and it kills me when that happens…that was four cups of perfectly good Love Grown granola into the trash. Thankfully the next two batches came out great – one with raisin almond granola + raisins, the other with plain granola and dark chocolate. Hopefully my co-workers enjoy them today.
3. Do you guys remember how obsessed I was with the Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter last year?
So for a while it was just a Whole Foods specialty, but did you know that they now sell it at iHerb?? It’s been out of stock for weeks but I just checked this morning and it’s BACK!
If you want in on the good stuff, CLICK HERE, and be sure to use my coupon code SAZ564…now through May 31st, everyone receives 10% off orders of $60.00 and up — or 5% off smaller orders. I’ll be doing some shopping later myself.
4. Salads and sandwiches with Applegate turkey slices have been rocking my lunches this week. Yesterday’s salad was probably my favorite all week.
5. I’m pretty sure you’ve now all convinced me that I most definitely need to invest in a rice cooker. I checked them out a bit at Target yesterday and found one for around $40…although if you guys tell me the cheapies are just as good, then I’m gonna keep looking!
6. My husband makes a pretty mean guacamole. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…I am LUCKY.
7. Baby Tooth’s punches and kicks are getting more and more powerful by the day. The other morning before I got out of bed, he actually gave me a nice, swift kick to the ribs that absolutely made me flinch. Good to know he’s a strong little guy in there.
8. Want to know what I’ve been enjoying almost daily this past week? Italian ice. Specifically, watermelon flavor. Can’t. Get. Enough.
9. Codester was looking too cute last night all curled up in his little ball. Just had to share.
10. Late last week, I received a fun package in the mail from Odwalla.
and I’ve been enjoying the goods ever since. I’ve long been a fan of their bars but I usually forget about them since I don’t always pass that aisle in the grocery store.
But anywho; the company is currently working on a really neat campaign…
“Since 2008, Odwalla has donated $550,000 worth of trees through its Plant-A-Tree initiative. New for this year, Odwalla has teamed up with The Nature Conservancy’s All Hands on Earth campaign to plant up to 100,000 trees in 2013.
To celebrate the Plant-A-Tree initiative, now through the end of May, fans can create their own virtual Odwalla tree and be eligible to take home a $10,000 gift card and a year’s worth of Odwalla beverages and bars. Plus, each fan who registers and creates their tree will receive an Odwalla coupon and the opportunity to share one with a friend.”
To raise awareness for the program, Odwalla has offered to give away a Goodness Package (like the one above) filled with bars, coupons, a t-shirt, tote bag and sunglasses.
For a chance to win a Goodness Package for yourself, leave a comment on this post telling me how you like to spread some “goodness” of your own. Or just tell me something you’re happy about on this fantastic Friday.
(Open to US residents only)
I’ll choose a winner on Monday, May 27th (Memorial Day). Good Luck and Happy FRIDAY!