Memorial Day Weekend Highlights

by Courtney on May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

I hope everyone’s weekend has been going great and you’ve been having lots of fun. Although things have been a lot quieter than usual for Memorial Day weekend for us, (and the weather has been anything but enjoyable), we’ve still been managing to have a nice couple of days.

Some weekend highlights…

Saturday morning banana bread pancakes

I will most definitely have a recipe for you soon.

Two solid workouts, thanks to FitnessGlo, which is an awesome, new-to-me site filled with workout videos.

More on that site to come later this week!

Saturday evening was spent with some of our great friends, and also included another appearance of Andrea’s famous ice cream cookie cake.

Remember when she surprised me with one for my birthday? This one was black raspberry ice cream with Oreos and I swear I could eat these everyday for the rest of my life. Oh. Em. Gee.

Yesterday was a quiet day, and I didn’t even wind up leaving the house at all…but I DID make a salad for dinner of rather epic proportions.

I swear, I threw in every single vegetable and/or thing I could find. I had made baked ziti for the hubby and even took a few spare noodles and tossed ‘em on there too. All topped with a little ranch dressing…aka, yesterday’s craving du jour.

Today we’ve got some work to do around the house (Jay is working on the beginnings of starting our new back patio!) but no crazy plans. Just enjoying the day. Smile

*****

Odwalla Giveaway Winner

Thanks to everyone who entered! The lucky entry was #52 – Morganne!

odwalla win

Congrats, Morganne! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com so we can get you set up with your goodness package!

*****

Have a great Memorial Day, everyone. Smile

1 Lisa May 27, 2013 at 11:41 am

Oh boy, that ice cream cookie cake looks fantastic!
And I can’t wait for the banana bread pancakes recipe! I haven’t been making pancakes enough these days.
Sounds like a nice weekend for you!
Happy Memorial Day!

2 caitlyn @ city and the cubicle May 27, 2013 at 11:56 am

Banana bread pancakes?!! Counting down for that recipe. That cake also sounds perfect right about now. Glad you’re enjoying your weekend!
caitlyn @ city and the cubicle recently posted..Always Want What I Can’t (Shouldn’t) Have

3 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet May 27, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I definitely need to make pancakes in the near future; I’ve been wanting them so much and this picture is only making me want them more! Yum!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Excitement

4 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 27, 2013 at 12:18 pm

That ice cream cookie cake looks absolutely mouth-watering. I’m totally craving it right now…too bad we don’t have ice cream OR cookies in the house right now!

Your salad looks fabulous, too! I love jam-packed salads. So many flavors in every bite!
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..MIMM #6

5 Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Banana pancakes are my FAVORITE. They are so delicious. I can’t wait for the recipe! :)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..MIMM #12- Memorial Day weekend

6 Lisa May 27, 2013 at 12:26 pm

oh my, that ice cream cookie cake looks awesome!!! :-)

Happy Memorial Day!

7 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit May 27, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Ummmm, that CAKE! Wow! Looks like you’ve had a fab weekend so far. It’s so nice to enjoy an extra day off :)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Wine, Eat, Repeat…

8 Avery @ SBLW May 27, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Oh my, THAT is a cake!

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm

We had pancakes for breakfast this a.m. too! Mmmmm…the cake looks so good!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Happy Memorial Day

10 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique May 27, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Banana bread pancakes? Sounds amazing.
Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique recently posted..Launch in 5 Days

11 jen May 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Yep memorial day is all about eating and BBQ.

12 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 27, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Your salad looks amazing!! For some crazy reason I have not had ranch dressing in forever. That needs to change ASAP!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..“Cheeseburger” Grilled Cheese Sandwich

13 Shel@PeachyPalate May 27, 2013 at 2:36 pm

That is one epic cake and some mighty looking pancakes!!! Good eats = great weekend!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Coconut Butter Love

14 Lauren May 27, 2013 at 2:41 pm

It must be National Work-On-Your-Deck Day along with Memorial Day because that’s what we’re doing at our house, too. I think it’s just the GORGEOUS weather. Have a great day!
Lauren recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts: The Fear of Gaining Weight

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 27, 2013 at 2:52 pm

You are looking great, girl! :) And that ice cream cake is looking pretty amazing, too!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 1 month old

16 Linz @ Itz Linz May 27, 2013 at 3:44 pm

mmm that ice cream cake looks SO GOOD!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend

17 Lauren May 27, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Can we get the recipe/directions for the ice cream cookie cake? That looks amazing!

18 Courtney May 27, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Here you go! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookie-ice-cream-cake/ Just swap in whatever ice cream/cookies you want :)

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 27, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Can’t wait for that pancake recipe – they look AMAZING!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Darling, It’s Alright

20 Amanda @ A Latte Learn May 27, 2013 at 4:53 pm

That cookie ice cream cake looks SO good!!! and the pancakes…you can never go wrong with pancakes!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..A Little Update

21 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers May 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Oh yum! I think I could eat that every day too. Glad you enjoyed your weekend!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..17 Weeks & Memorial Day Fun

22 Ellie@Fit for the soul May 27, 2013 at 6:57 pm

that salad looks pretty epic to me, too! And I’m so curious about FitnessGlo~I think I’ve been seeing it around quite a bit now, will definitely check it out.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Eating Healthy When I’m on Autopilot

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 27, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I think I need an ice cream cookie cake. Just sayin’ ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Owning It.

24 Kelly @ Femme Fitale May 27, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Yum to the banana bread pancakes. I am always looking for new brunch ideas!
Also, way to keep up the pregnancy workouts!! You are looking fabulous, and it will most definitely pay off :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Monday Motivation

25 Manasa May 27, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Oh my that ice cream cake looks to die for. Will she share her recipe?!

26 Courtney May 27, 2013 at 9:46 pm

She uses this one! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookie-ice-cream-cake/ And then she just changes out the ice cream and cookies :)

27 Natalie @ Free Range Human May 27, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Any variation on pancakes is a winner in my books. Can’t wait for the recipe!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Bear Bottoms

28 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 28, 2013 at 3:00 am

Yum those pancakes look delicious, I love banana bread :)
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Trial Tuesdays #3

29 Leigha May 28, 2013 at 9:59 am

Ohhh myy gosh I need that pancake recipe. YUM! The salad looks super yummy too :)

30 Marissa @ Barefoot Colorado May 28, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Talk about a mouth watering post! I saw the salad on instagram the other day and REALLY have been craving a salad after that! ….or the ice cream cake ;)
Marissa @ Barefoot Colorado recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend & BB 10k Recap