Baby Tooth: 32 Weeks

by Courtney on May 28, 2013

I think Baby Tooth went through a growth spurt this week…what do you guys think?

32 Weeks

Baby Tooth is just over 32 weeks today and is about the size of a squash.

The two of us made sure to enjoy some sunshine yesterday, which was much needed after two days of cold and rain. Winking smile

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth weighs about 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, and is taking up a lot of space in the uterus (umm, yes, and everywhere else, too!).
  • I should be gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the little guy. In fact, he’ll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb.
  • He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz).
  • His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: I should find out today at my prenatal appointment; two weeks ago I was at about 21 pounds gained.

Workouts: Not bad this week! I think I got 4 legit workouts in, as well as lots of extra walking and movement at work (it was just a busy week!). I’m just so incredibly thankful that I still have some energy and desire to keep moving!

As for the workouts, there was some Pilates, some treadmill walking intervals, and a few different cardio and strength videos off of FitnessGlo, which I’ll be blogging about soon.

I must say that I’m super psyched to still be able to fit in to a couple of new tops that Reebok sent me this month. Both the PWR Love Fit Tee (above left) and the PWR Short Sleeve V-Neck Tee (above right) are still fitting over that growing bump of mine.

Symptoms:

• Minor low back pain and occasional hip/leg pain
  • I notice myself totally sporting the “pregnant lady walk” some days. You know…the slight waddle with the hand on the low back? Yep, that’s me…usually after I get home from work and take off my high heels.
  • Upper back pain that occasionally wraps around to my upper stomach – this is probably the most uncomfortable pain that I get so when it happens I try to park myself and just relax
  • Always going to the bathroom…
  • Shortness of breath happens much easier – especially with walking up and down stairs…and when trying to tie my shoes Winking smile

Movement: Little guy is still on the move, but his movements are changing a bit. Rather than jabs and kicks, there’s been a lot of rolling and subtle movements.

Food Aversions: None, really!

Food Cravings: Still lovin’ all sorts of fruit flavored foods and desserts, flavored seltzer (NEVER used to like the stuff), toast and butter, and carbs in general. I feel like my hunger has slowed down a bit this week…I don’t feel as ravenous as I had been.

Sleep: Knock on wood, this past week was fairly decent. I’ll take it!

Stretch marks? Belly is still stretch mark free…upper thighs, however, are not. Ahh well, it’s subtle.

Miss Anything? A good sweaty workout, sleeping on my stomach, beer, regular clothes.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I can’t really think of anything all that exciting this past week?? It’s still always fun to watch Baby Tooth move and try to figure out which body parts are which.

Belly Button in or out? Still in!

Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting well.

Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy with only one major meltdown. On Thursday night, Jay and I were watching TV and I started thinking about how pretty soon, it’s no longer just going to be the two of us. Obviously, I know this, but I feel like maybe things are just starting to hit a little closer to home now that we’re getting closer.

Don’t get me wrong…I wouldn’t change any of this for the world, but I’m not going to be naïve and think that things aren’t going to change. They are. That’s how this new baby thing works. Winking smile

Admittedly, I’ve never been great with major changes, and I usually take a little time to adjust. This is going to be no different. The whole thing is something that’s been on my mind for a while now, and I guess I just needed to get it out there and talk (err, sob) to Jay about it. It still makes me a little emotional to think about now and then, but my excitement for finally having him here far outweighs any sad emotions I might be feeling. I’m assuming this is somewhat normal? And if not, well, I guess I’m not normal then.

New Baby Items: It was quiet on the baby buying front this week…but we do have our first shower this coming Sunday and our second the following Saturday!

Looking Forward To: Our baby showers! And hopefully putting the final touches in the nursery…I feel like I’m getting close!

Question for the Moms and Moms-to-Be:

What kind of emotions did/do you feel leading up to the arrival of your little one? Happy/excited/sad/nervous?

1 Claire @ Flake and Cake May 28, 2013 at 7:15 am

Wow, the bump is looking fabulous! Great job on the workouts, love the look of those tops, I’m not pregnant but I think it is always good to have stretch :) Your baby showers sound very exciting, can’t wait to see the adorable items you receive.
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..A Big Mo-Ment

2 steph@stephsbitebybite May 28, 2013 at 7:27 am

Oh my gosh, your post is making me miss being pregnant. My little guy is 7 weeks old now and sometimes I just miss him being in the belly!

3 Shel@PeachyPalate May 28, 2013 at 7:40 am

You’ve definitely popped! Getting close now! :) Looking forward to hearing and seeing all about the baby showers! Hope you get wonderfully treated and pampered! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Nachos Revisited

4 Liz @ The Lambent Life May 28, 2013 at 7:43 am

The night before my first daughter was born, I sat in the rocker in her room and just sobbed. I was terrified. Suddenly, it all seemed like a very, very bad idea. Pregnancy is one giant emotional and physical roller coaster ride. While people shout their excitement and wonder from the rooftops, most don’t mention the very normal fear and uncertainty that comes along – especially toward the end. Those emotions don’t nullify the happy ones and are incredibly healthy and, I think, necessary to prepare for such an amazing life change. This is a huge life change, people! You have to wrap your head and heart around it and sometimes that means a few tears. Things do change when you bring a third person into your marriage but I promise your new “normal” will very quickly feel like old routine in no time. Don’t forget – newborns sleep, a LOT. There will still be plenty of time for just you and the hubs :)
Liz @ The Lambent Life recently posted..Catching up.

5 Katy @ HaveYouHurd May 28, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Well said!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Week 35 Update + Baby Shower Pics!

6 Ellie@Fit for the soul May 28, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Oh, yesss thank you ladies, for your honesty on this subject! I definitely have this excitement inside of me but honestly, there are MANY days when my naturally optimistic self is nowhere to be found and my mood is plain sad as I project scary things of the future. It is normal and we should all be honest about the questions that those changes can bring. However, I also know that children are a gift from God and once we see their cute little faces, our fears will melt away. I call this whole roller coaster process “dying to self”. :D

7 Heather @fitncookies May 28, 2013 at 7:48 am

I can totally relate to you about changes! Change is so hard even if the other end is the happiest and best thing to happen! It just takes time and sometimes, a good sob to feel better :) hopefully it left you feeling a little less overwhelmed and nervous about it! :) you’ll be such a great momma!!

8 Mallory @ My Quarter Life [Crisis] May 28, 2013 at 8:31 am

Of course that’s normal! It’s a huge life change and with that comes a ton of emotions – good and bad!! It’s important you let them out – I’m glad you did. Once baby tooth gets here you will likely not be able to think about what life was like when he WASN’T here. it’s crazy how perspective can change. and by the way i’m only 23 with no kids/no husband, so i clearly know what i’m talking about ; ) … just kidding. but i think you’re doing fine!
Mallory @ My Quarter Life [Crisis] recently posted..When Men Bring out the Crazy in You

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 28, 2013 at 8:32 am

Still wearing high heels?!?!?! You’re crazy lady!!!!

10 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom May 28, 2013 at 8:33 am

Sad and anxious are totally normal emotions to feel in my opinion. I went through a pretty brutal period where I mourned the end of my selfish life. Knowing I couldn’t up and go to the gym or hang out with friends whenever I want, and thinking about the end of sleep for a while kind of devastated me. Having a baby is a huge sacrifice, and it was also around 32 weeks for me when I went through that realization. It becomes SO real the closer you get. Hang in there, and I promise after a few months with the baby, you’ll get into a good routine and feel more like yourself and even get to do a few selfish things again (with a little more planning).
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..Celebrity Moms with Hot Bods

11 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty May 28, 2013 at 8:43 am

Beautiful!

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 28, 2013 at 8:45 am

Yep, I agree…I think Baby Tooth went through a growth spurt! Glad to hear you’re feel good for the most part. Two baby showers…sounds fun! You’ll get lots of good stuff! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Weekend Eats Recap

13 Karen May 28, 2013 at 8:48 am

OMG, you are the cutest. I love that the belly REALLY popped. I was feeling very excited and ready once I hit about 38 weeks but then the little one decided to be a week late and at 40 weeks, I was just tired and done with being pregant. He will be here before you know it.
Karen recently posted..By: Pat Triplett

14 Karen May 28, 2013 at 8:49 am

not sure why it came up with my mom’s name…ha-ha
Karen recently posted..Do You Like Challenges?

15 Jessica May 28, 2013 at 10:33 am

You look fantastic!! Being nervous/apprehensive/scared/happy/tired/over joyed/ANY EMOTION is normal :) Of course, it’s an adjustment, a new person will be joining your family that you have never met before and with that said…you and Jay will be wonderful parents!!!

16 Krystan May 28, 2013 at 11:08 am

You look ADORABLE!! He is definitely growing in there. I know what you mean about the reality of all the changes to come really setting in…I think in the last week it has started to hit me more, and I haven’t really put much thought into labor/delivery, but there are moments when I’m like holy s***, we are having a baby?!? Like a REAL LIVE BABY!! lol. I think part of it is the unknown – not knowing exactly when he is coming, how exactly things are going to change, etc…I’m sure after a few weeks when you get into the routine and get to know your little guy more it won’t seem quite so daunting. At least that’s what I am telling myself :)

17 Nicole May 28, 2013 at 11:13 am

I hate to be cliche’ because I am sure you have heard this a million times…but nothing can prepare you for what you are about to experience. My daughter is 4 weeks old today, and it has been a great, crazy ride so far. You can read every book and prepare as best as you can, but once he comes, you just have to adjust to your baby. It really does change your whole life! Me and my husband take shifts, so the time we used to spend together has been filled with getting sleep instead. It is 100% worth it though! Good luck!

18 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 28, 2013 at 11:14 am

I think what you’re going through is totally normal and thank you for sharing because I expect to feel very similar when I am in your preggers shoes ;-). I too take a very long time to adjust to change, and I think it’s normal to feel a little bit of that as the big change is upon you :-)

Love the bump pics!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Love and Lobster in Newport

19 Annette@FitnessPerks May 28, 2013 at 11:17 am

I loveeeee your bump!!

I think it’s pretty darn normal to feel allllll kinds of emotions with having such a HUGE change. I know I sure do, and I’m still only half way!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..20 Weeks {Movement!}

20 Katy @ HaveYouHurd May 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

First of all, GO YOU for still being able to wear heels and get in 4 workouts!! I never could really wear heels pre-pregnancy and week 32 was the last week I got in 3 full workouts. Now (I’m in my 36th week), I’m glad if I get in anything worth noting as a “workout”.

I think it’s totally normal to experience the emotions you’re feeling. I honestly can’t tell you an emotion I HAVEN’T felt leading up to the arrival of our child. This is a monumental change in our lives, and while it’s a happy one overall, it’s also going to be challenging, which makes it a bit scary. If someone faults you for feeling any emotion during this time, they’re duuuuuumb :)
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Week 35 Update + Baby Shower Pics!

21 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Oh yes Court, your emotions are totally normal! I had the same sadness/fear/whatever about the same thing when pregnant. And you’re right, it is a huge change, but in some ways I feel like it’s brought Cody and I even closer together!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Relaxing Memorial Day

22 Lauren May 28, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I am so bad with changes and I think it’s something every mother worries about before a baby comes along! Of course things are going to change and it you have a right to be scared; however, like you said… The excitement and benefits outweigh any negative “what-ifs” you may have thought about lately!
Lauren recently posted..Butt Massages and Facebook Annoyance

23 Erin May 28, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I was absolutely terrified the last couple months of being pregnant. Not really about being a mom, but about labor.
Erin recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend Wrap Up

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 28, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Hey Courtney! Just wanted to tell you that I cried about the same thing … both before AND after my little one’s arrival. I love her so much and I wouldn’t change being a mom for the world, but it’s also sad to no longer be just me and Brandon. We have a pretty great relationship (and I’m sure you and Jay do, too!), so it’s sad to not have as much alone time anymore. But I also know that as Addie gets older, we’ll have more opportunities for date nights. So it will all work out! :) Text me anytime you want to talk or vent! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addie Grace: 6 Weeks Old (and my postpartum body)

25 Katie@LifesNextBigStep May 28, 2013 at 2:43 pm

My due date is June 5th, so it could be any day now, and I’m all of those emotions and about 1,000 more. I’m so happy and excited and very nervous with a tiny side of sad that it won’t just be about me or me and my hubs anymore, but I’m definitely okay with that. For the most part, at 39 weeks, I’m just ready. I’m done being pregnant and tired and sore and ready to meet this little person I’ve been growing for the past 10 months – it’s so amazing and I just can’t wait!
Katie@LifesNextBigStep recently posted..38 Weeks!

26 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections May 28, 2013 at 3:47 pm

That is so great that you’ve got the energy to work out. Sounds like you are plenty busy but still keeping up great!

I’m not pregnant or a mom, but I think I know what you mean about it not being the two of you anymore. That thought totally freaks me out. Of course I desire to have kids, and if I was pregnant tomorrow, I’d be so so excited. But at the same time, it’s crazy how one day when your child is born changes MANY things at once. I don’t think I’d deal with that too well either. I hope that you adjust well. I’m sure your hubby will be a great support!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Triple Threat Half-Marathon Training

27 Danica @ It's Progression May 28, 2013 at 7:43 pm

You look great!! The bump is just so cute.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..A Headband that actually Stays Put {giveaway!}

28 Jen May 28, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Omg your pregnancy emotions hit home with me so much this weekend/week! I had a major meltdown about the same thing you mentioned in your post. The emotions are in HIGH gear right now and all I can think of is everything that will change in the coming months. Even as I write this I want to cry! I am SO beyond happy for our baby boy and would not change a thing (it took us a long time even to get pregnant), but it’s a whole new world and I just hope I am ready and can be the best mom AND wife!! You look awesome by the way!! :)

29 Emily May 28, 2013 at 10:26 pm

These feelings are so normal. After my daughter was born 3 months ago I even felt a little sad like I missed my old life. That didn’t last long though, you will be amazed at how quickly you adjust. My husband and I did a date night when she was a few weeks old, like you I am blessed with parents close by. I’m sure they will be happy to watch your little guy so you and hubby can have time alone. You will cherish that so much, but its crazy how excited you are to get back to your baby. I was so nervous about bathing my baby and if I I would know what to do…some how we all figure it out, you will do great!

30 Lauren May 28, 2013 at 11:51 pm

My little guy will be 3 mo this week and I felt exactly the same towards the end. The good news is I think you will find once he’s born you will never look back and having him will immediately seem like your new normal :-). It’s amazing how such a drastic change can feel like the most natural thing in the world!

31 Stacy May 29, 2013 at 7:27 pm

You look amazing!! I’m curious, what product have you used to remain mostly stretch mark free? I’m currently 10 weeks and should probably start using something :)

32 Courtney May 30, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Thanks Stacy! I put baby oil on after every shower in the morning and then I use a combo of Vitamin E + Aloe lotion (from GNC) at night before bed. So far, so good! (::knock on wood::)

33 Christy May 31, 2013 at 11:30 am

You look great! I’ll be interested to see when/if you experience the swelling in your hands and feet. I was about four weeks shy of my due date when I woke up and none of my shoes fit and my rings were not an option any longer. That was when I really felt “pregnant”. Something about not being able to slip on my heels did me in. Oh, and just wait…emotions run high even after your little bundle arrives. I’m already crying about having to send ours to daycare and the day I’ll dance with him at his wedding. Yes. Already worried about that far ahead.