Baby Tooth: 33 Weeks

by Courtney on June 4, 2013

Baby Tooth is just over 33 weeks today and is about the size of a pineapple. Wahoo!

33 weeks

I know I say this every week, but man…how did we get here already?!

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark.
  • He’s rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening.
  • The bones in his skull aren’t fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don’t entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: I think I gained an extra two pounds in the past two weeks, which would put me at a total of about 23 pounds…and I’m feelin’ it these days!

Workouts: A little bit lighter this week, thanks to some busy evenings. From what I can remember (sheesh!) I think there was some Pilates, a FitnessGlo workout, and a treadmill walk with some upper body weights mixed in.

Symptoms:

• Low back pain, hip/leg pain, and occasional groin pain
  • Filling up pretty quickly after meals…somebody’s taking up my precious stomach space in there ;)
  • Always going to the bathroom…ALWAYS.
  • Shortness of breath
  • Really starting to “feel pregnant” – obviously, I’ve felt pregnant for quite a while now, but this is really the first week where I’m feeling either slightly (or very) uncomfortable or awkward in my movements for a majority of the time.

Movement: All day, everyday! I really have no idea how close they are to the surface of the belly (I’m sure it’s different for everyone, due to placenta placement and all that) but sometimes, I swear it feels like he’s literally RIGHT THERE. I’m pretty sure I’ve played with his feet a couple of times up on my right side too…he likes to kick around up there.

Food Aversions: None, really…I even ate a piece of shrimp over the weekend for the first time since Mexico. And it tasted GOOD.

Food Cravings: Fruit bars, butter on bread/toast (which, oddly enough, I think I only ate once this past week), and carbs in general. Nothing really too crazy.

Sleep: Falling asleep is no issue whatsoever; never has been, hopefully never will be! However…waking up in the middle of the night with uncomfortable hips/legs/neck/ shoulders and a full bladder is another story. Overall, it’s not that bad though.

Stretch marks? Belly is still stretch mark free. C’mon belly…try to hold out just a few more weeks for me!

Miss Anything? Yes, I miss a lot, but I always feel bad listing them out on here because I don’t want to make it seem like I’m complaining. All is good in the hood! BUT, I can’t lie…I do miss sweaty workouts, sleeping on my stomach, regular clothes, seeing muscles instead of puffiness, beer, sushi, playing softball, and a regular appetite. There, I said it.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Our first baby shower on Sunday was definitely a highlight from the week!

Also fun…at one point during the week, Jay and I were talking and I was telling him how curious I was to know what my insides/organs currently looked like with Baby Tooth taking up all this space. Soo, I searched around on the internet and actually came across some interesting images!

My insides BEFORE Baby Tooth vs. a full term fetus (which will be me in just a few weeks)

A little different, huh? So, so interesting and amazing.

Belly Button in or out? In…sort of. Haha, there’s a little part of it that sticks out a bit, but not enough to poke through a shirt.

Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting well most of the time, unless I’m super warm.

Happy or moody most of the time: Unfortunately, this week did include some sad moments, but for the most part, it’s been a happy week and I have a lot to be thankful for.

New Baby Items: Oh yes…LOTS of them! We were very fortunate to receive lots of good stuff at our first shower on Sunday, including our infant carrier, stroller, Pack ‘n’ Play, activity yard, clothes, books, and all sorts of other things.

I also wound up finding a crib bedding set online and fell in love with it (crazy, I know, right?).

Now I just need to find some curtains to match which (hopefully) won’t be too hard!

I also ordered this Blue Satin Sherpa Receiving Blanket off of Zulily about a week ago and it came in the mail yesterday.

Oh…my…gosh. Talk about SOFT. I wish it came in a full adult size…even still, I may keep it all for myself. Winking smile

Looking Forward To: Our second baby shower! It’s this coming Saturday and is sure to be a blast…fingers crossed for good weather since we’re going “backyard bbq” style. Winking smile

Question for the Moms and Moms-to-Be:

When did you start to “really feel pregnant?” Was it the first kicks? When your belly got a certain size?

1 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) June 4, 2013 at 7:37 am

Don’t feel bad about listing what you miss- I think it’s fun to read and totally normal! Looking back at mine, I think it just said wine, wine and wine over and over ;) and sleeping on my stomach.
You’re so close now!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Meal Plan & Burgers of Lamb

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 4, 2013 at 7:42 am

Eeeek you’re getting so close!! :) :) So exciting! After that little one comes, if you need any advice at all, feel free to email/text me! I have several friends who just had babies who are texting me throughout the day (and night haha!). :) So happy for you!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Life currently (and the winner of the giveaway!)

3 Shel@PeachyPalate June 4, 2013 at 7:58 am

A second one!!! Great stuff! It must be even harder with the warmer weather coming in feeling properly pregnant now..not long left! Eek! Love the bedding for the crib!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Big bundt success

4 Presh June 4, 2013 at 8:22 am

I love these posts! So informative and interesting to me since I’m not a mommy!
That inside of your belly pic now is a little scary to me lol and cool of course lol. The time is shooting by!
Presh recently posted..It’s a party in my mouth. Yummy healthy protein bread!

5 Erin @Sugar Magnolia June 4, 2013 at 8:24 am

I missed wine and sleeping on my stomach more than anything! And I think I truly felt pregnant when I felt movement. I was officially over being pregnant when I was waddling and felt like my ribs were being broken!
Erin @Sugar Magnolia recently posted..Best-Ever Banana Bread w/ a Cream Cheese Swirl and Crumb Topping

6 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution June 4, 2013 at 8:38 am

That picture is CAH-RAZY! I’ve never seen that before, how your organs get all pushed up high like that — you just totally blew my mind!!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Wedding Wednesday #6: 4 months to go

7 Danica @ It's Progression June 4, 2013 at 9:18 am

That picture of before being pregnant vs. full-term is really cool…the whole process is absolutely amazing!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..from the weekend: M and Q’s wedding!

8 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 4, 2013 at 9:28 am

I never knew that fact about the baby’s skull. It makes total sense, I guess I just never really thought about it.
That crib bedding is too cute!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..MIMM: Bloom

9 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 4, 2013 at 9:38 am

Yay!! You’re getting SO close! I can hardly believe it. I think I really started to feel pregnant when my belly was super obvious – late 2nd tri/early 3rd tri. I definitely remember feeling super uncomfortable around this time too. Hang in there! He’ll be here SOON! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Day with a 9 Week Old Baby

10 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 4, 2013 at 9:55 am

You look gorgeous! And I have to laugh at the belly button part since you kept saying it would never come out! I love your nursery bedding too, so cute!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Hiking Del Valle Regional Park

11 Courtney June 4, 2013 at 10:05 am

This is my 2nd time around, but I am 33wks. today! I think I really started “feeling” pregnant-as in limited movements, running out of breath a lot quicker than usual, & pelvic pain around the start of the 3rd trimester. I swear, even with working full-time & chasing after an active almost 2yr. old, there were days before my 3rd trimester that I would almost-almostttt-forget I was pregnant for a few minutes, besides the need to pee every time I stood up! Now, I feel it in every move I make-even if I’m not moving lol. & that need to pee every time I stand up-now it just feels like all the time!

12 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 4, 2013 at 10:23 am

You look fantastic! You even manage to have that pretty glow despite your discomforts. :)

Love the crib bedding!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..YOPO

13 Katy @ HaveYouHurd June 4, 2013 at 10:45 am

I got that same bumbo seat! We got a ton of baby blankets at our shower and they are all SO SOFT. I kept saying I was going to steal them from Henry, sew them all together, and use them as a blanket for myself. Henry also loves to kick me on my right side and I’ve def grabbed his little foot a few times!

Sometimes I still walk by a mirror and say to myself “holy sh*t I’m pregnant” haha so I’m not sure it has ever sunk in fully to me.

You seriously look great! You’re sooo close :)
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Week 36 Update

14 Lauren W. June 4, 2013 at 10:48 am

Courtney, you look absolutely beautiful!! So happy for you, congrats to both you and Jay!! xx

15 Lauren June 4, 2013 at 10:55 am

It is really amazing how the baby develops inside of you and all of your organs just find a new place! wow! You really do look so happy in the picture. I hate to be cliché, but you really are “glowing”. :-) Beer will come soon enough! lol
Lauren recently posted..“I’m so excited…”

16 Nicole June 4, 2013 at 11:03 am

It actually REALLY hit me when I found out my amniotic fluid was low and that I wasn’t going to make it to my scheduled C-section date! I went home after that appointment and really got everything in order! HA!

17 Avery @ SBLW June 4, 2013 at 11:08 am

You are sooooo close!

18 Annette@FitnessPerks June 4, 2013 at 11:24 am

Ahhhhh you are SO close! Crazy exciting! And it’s uber crazy to see what will happen to my insides in the coming weeks….eeek

19 Breanna June 4, 2013 at 11:32 am

I am just ahead of you at 35 weeks pregnant and I FEEL VERY PREGNANT. I swear I’m not going to make it to 40 weeks just because he’s so big in there, but I’m sure that’s how everyone feels hahah. I can only IMAGINE how uncomfortable I’m going to be at 38 and 39 weeks! :) It’s all good though – I can’t believe we’re going to be meeting our little kiddos in a matter of WEEKS!

20 Jolynn June 4, 2013 at 11:52 am

I was JUST telling my husband the other day that if it weren’t for the added belly [and the morning sickness earlier] I don’t even feel pregnant! I’m sure I’ll be similar to you.. feeling pregnant when I start to get hot and uncomfortable.
Jolynn recently posted..Celebrate What’s Good

21 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 4, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Love the bedding set and the crib…so cute! Those before and after images are crazy…what a difference! Truly amazing!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Our Path to a Healthier Lifestyle

22 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom June 4, 2013 at 12:27 pm

You look incredible! I started to feel really pregnant around 28 weeks or so. I couldn’t wait to be done with pregnancy! Luckily little lady came at 38 weeks so she spared me the last couple. I was pretty grateful for that!
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..ADHD Monday

23 Karen June 4, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I love the bedding. Again, you are too cute!! I think I started feeling pregnant right around 30-31 weeks. I think I was done being pregnant when I hit my 40 week appt…ha-ha.
Karen recently posted..Why Do You Need A Gym?

24 Gauher June 4, 2013 at 4:32 pm

im EXTREMELY scared of labour pain

it’s like a woman dies !

terrified cuz i have a low threshold for pain

25 Kristi June 4, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I want one of these blankets… Blue Satin Sherpa Receiving Blanket … made in adult size!
Kristi recently posted..I’ve come to realize…

26 Miranda @ Miranda Runs June 4, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I know you’re going to be an amazing mommy! <3
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Operation: Prom Dress {Final Thoughts/Before&After}

27 Lindsay @naturallyfamily June 4, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I can’t believe that in just 7 or so short weeks you will have a baby! I am getting all sentimental now that my baby is almost one and so excited for others who get to experience this crazy and amazing first year. I really started to feel pregnant when I felt kicks but really really felt it I started to show.
Lindsay @naturallyfamily recently posted..For The Ladies Only: Lunapads

28 dee June 4, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Costco sells a sherpa throw that is adult size and (i’d imagine) just as soft! Im not sure if they still have it in stores, but I remember seeing them around christmas time : )

29 Christy June 5, 2013 at 8:05 am

I have to say I really felt pregnant the last four to six weeks when my shoes and rings didn’t fit! Prior to that I felt “normal.”
Christy recently posted..Welcome Jayson Xavier!

30 char eats greens June 5, 2013 at 9:58 am

It’s CRAZY seeing the picture of how the organs change! I actually meant to look at something like that when I was pregnant; trying to figure out where everything re-routes itself haha!
char eats greens recently posted..how i made my favourite kindfood dish at home

31 Anita June 6, 2013 at 12:23 am
32 Courtney June 6, 2013 at 8:51 am

Oh my gosh, that looks soooooo comfy!!

33 Angie @ Pint of Goals June 12, 2013 at 9:11 am

I really didn’t feel super pregnant until my feet started to swell (after teaching a whole day, that’s not to be unexpected) and when I couldn’t cross my legs anymore – these happened a few weeks ago around week 37. I am now two days over my due date and feel VERY pregnant – ha!
Don’t feel bad at all about sharing what you miss! I agree completely with all of those!!! Man, how I miss stomach sleeping.
Hang in there – you look great!

34 Em @ Love A Latte June 23, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I’ll be 33 weeks tomorrow and I agree with what you say in this post that I just started to really feel pregnant, as in I’m feeling the weight. All for baby boy!
Em @ Love A Latte recently posted..Pregnancy Thoughts