And here we are, yet again, with another week gone by!
Baby Tooth is just over 34 weeks today and is about the size of a cantaloupe.
Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- Baby Tooth weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long.
- His fat layers — which will help regulate body temperature once he’s born — are filling him out, making him rounder.
- His skin is also smoother than ever.
- His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: Not sure, but we have another appointment today so I’m sure I’ll find out.
Workouts: Pretty sure I was able to get three legit workouts in this past week – some Pilates, some strength, and some cardio…a good mix of everything!
- Low back pain, hip/leg pain, and occasional groin pain – actually, the groin pain has definitely increased in the past couple of days, contributing to my sexy waddle I have going on.
- Filling up quick after meals
- Decreased hunger and not as much interest in food in general
- Bathroom trips all the time
- Get out of breath easily if walking quickly, and especially when going up stairs
- General uncomfortable feeling that comes and goes
Movement: Absolutely! I love watching what he’s doing and trying to figure out what body parts are where.
Food Aversions: None.
Food Cravings: Not too many – all carbs still always sound good, and butter and mayo have been my condiments of choice. Other than that, I’ve just been trying to eat a good mix of everything.
Sleep: Something tells me this category is just going to keep going downhill as we go through these final few weeks…it’s not great, but it’s not awful. Yet.
Stretch marks? Belly is still stretch mark free! Wahoo!
Miss Anything? All the same stuff as last week.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Our second baby shower, which was a blast (recap coming later this morning).
Thanks to our showers, we’re now certainly in “baby mode” over here! Baby stuff is literally ALL over our house which is totally making things seem even more real.
Belly Button in or out? It’s still in there, minus the little part that sticks out on top. It’s too funny.
Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting well most of the time, unless I’m super warm.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I’ve been feeling so blessed and excited about everything. It’s still just SO crazy to think that at this time next month, he could be here any time. It just boggles my mind!
New Baby Items: Oh my gosh…so many!
Not only did we get a great majority of the items off of our baby registry, but this little guy is going to be one sharply dressed little dude. He already has so many adorable outfits waiting for him!
Looking Forward To: Tonight we finish our childbirth classes, so I’m looking forward to seeing what we’ll learn then. I’m also super excited for our final ultrasound that we’ll be getting two weeks from today…hopefully he’ll cooperate and show us his little mug.
This coming week, I’m also planning on getting some things together to pack our hospital bag, (hopefully) finding curtains (thanks for all the suggestions on Friday!), getting the bedding washed and on the crib, and attempting to put away the rest of Baby Tooth’s new goodies!
Question for the Moms and Moms-to-Be:
Only 6 weeks (or less!) left…what recommendations/suggestions do you have for me?!