Creamy Fruit and Snack Dip

by Courtney on June 13, 2013

Well good morning to you all! Long time no chat, huh?

You’ll have to forgive me…lately, the creative juices for posting just aren’t coming to me as easily as they usually do. Top that with the fact that after I finish working a full day I am pretty much exhausted and don’t feel like doing much more than sitting on the couch…that is, when I can! On Tuesday, we had another prenatal appointment (all is going well!), followed by our final childbirth class. We’re official graduates!

I’m definitely glad that we decided to take the class, and although I have no idea if I’ll even remember anything when I’m actually in the midst of labor, it’s nice to know that at least Jay should! It’s crazy…it all starts to hit home more and more with each passing day, but I think one of the biggest “woah” moments was at our appointment when my doctor said, “well, it’s basically just the waiting game from here on out!”

Holy crap. I guess it is?!

*****

So although I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday, I did manage to snap a few photos of some of the goods…starting with lunch.

All of this wound up getting spaced out a bit throughout the afternoon, but it included a turkey sandwich with Swiss cheese, pickles, spinach, and honey mustard, some leftover couscous salad, baby carrots, and a white peach. Yum, yum, yum, and yum.

For dinner, I honestly would have been happy just snacking from the cereal box…I was pooped and in the process of trying to clean up all of the new baby stuff in our living room, but I figured I should have something more than dry cereal. Plus, Jay was working hard out on the back deck, and I wanted him to have something good.

I roasted up a couple of zucchinis that were on their last leg and paired that with some simple chicken sandwiches (made with leftover chicken from our shower) – mine topped with provolone cheese. On the side, I also had a random bowl of mixed greens and balsamic dressing. Yes, only mixed greens…

The greens actually came from a sample bag of farm fresh veggies at the beginning of the week; I had a meeting with a guy from a veggie delivery service that is going to be coming to our office (different from the other one!) and he brought in a sample bag for me. I know it’s just mixed greens, but they were GOOD.

Shortly after dinner, I followed up with a little sweet snack that I’m super excited to share with you guys.

I was recently invited to participate in a campaign with Glam Media and Naked juice, highlighting their new Power Garden juices. The Power Garden products come in two flavors – tomato kick and berry veggie – and although they both sound equally intriguing, it was the berry veggie flavor that stood out the most.

So we were asked to come up with a recipe using one of the Naked juices…immediately, my mind went to “smoothies!” Sure, that would be easiest. But then I thought that was too predictable, so I tried to think outside the box a bit and incorporated it into a creamy, delicious fruit and snack dip.

nj_logo_100x100

Creamy Berry Garden Fruit & Snack Dip

Serves 1

• 3 oz vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 wedge (a little less than 1 oz) cinnamon cream cheese (or regular)
  • 2 tbsp. Berry Veggie Power Garden Naked Juice

Mix everything together and enjoy! Smile

When I first put everything together, I was initially thinking it would just be good mixed with fruit, but as I was standing at the kitchen counter snacking on it, I quickly discovered that it’s also delicious as a dip for lots of things…pretzels, graham crackers, you name it.

Even still, my favorite way to have it was with lots of berries mixed into it.

naked juice fruit dip

And I will tell you that I actually liked it MORE after it was able to sit for a bit in the fridge, since that gave it time to harden back up a bit. It’s definitely a quick, easy little snack to whip up…give it a try! And if you do, please let me know…because next Monday, be sure to check back for information on how you can enter the Pinterest Sweepstakes contest with Naked Power Garden by voting for my recipe! :)

Alright friends, that was a wordy post this morning…aaaand it’s about that time to do the work thang.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

*****

Power Garden is Naked Juice’s new veggie drink lineup with 1lb. of veggies in every bottle*. With delicious flavors that only Naked could blend, Power Garden offers one of the easiest ways to get your daily servings of veggies and fruits, along with good sources of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Learn more at http://www.nakedjuice.com/veggiedrinks.

*weight of vegetables, prior to juicing

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Naked via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Naked.

1 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog June 13, 2013 at 9:05 am

What a great idea for a dip! I would never think of that, but it looks delicious :-)

Congrats on graduating from childbirth class…next stop, baby time!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: The Ultimate Salad

2 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 13, 2013 at 9:11 am

Congratulations on your graduation! He will be here before you know it :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..It Screams Summer!

3 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle June 13, 2013 at 9:15 am

Whoa, hearing that from the doctor must be crazy and exciting! That dip sounds so good.
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..Baked Oats Gloats

4 Lisa June 13, 2013 at 9:22 am

I like the sounds of that dip! Anything fruity is a winner for me.
Wow, that’s crazy your final childbirth class is over with!! Exciting for sure!! It went by so fast it feels like.
Lisa recently posted..As Of Late

5 Mallory @ My Quarter Life (Crisis) June 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

Looks refreshing and yummy
Mallory @ My Quarter Life (Crisis) recently posted..Can a Guy Be Too Nice? Or Perhaps I Just Like Assholes

6 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 13, 2013 at 9:29 am

Yummy lunch! And the dip looks wonderful! I’m going to have to pin that one and try it out asap.
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Things I’m Loving Lately

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 13, 2013 at 9:33 am

Congrats on finishing the class! :) Making that dip was such a good idea! It look yummy!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Mini-Chicken Parmesan Cupcakes!!…

8 Sarah@ Making Thyme for Health June 13, 2013 at 9:35 am

It’s exciting how close you are, it will be here before you know it! I always hear other people say to squeeze in a few more date nights while you can!

This dip sounds yummy and it’s such a pretty color!
Sarah@ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..What Does Organic Really Mean?

9 Brittany @ Balance and Bananas June 13, 2013 at 9:42 am

Yum, that looks delicious!! Totally trying that tonight :)
Brittany @ Balance and Bananas recently posted..Plain Ol’ Vanilla

10 Sara June 13, 2013 at 9:59 am

Ohhhh way to think outside the box. I love fruit dips and have found that I, too, like to dip random things into them besides fruit :) looks delicious!!!

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 13, 2013 at 10:03 am

I couldn’t get my mind off “smoothie” so that’s what mine ended up being. ;) Love your dip idea!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Berry Cheesecake Protein Smoothie

12 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns June 13, 2013 at 10:14 am

Looks so good!! Never would have thought of that combination. I just love the bright color :) Congrats on graduating your childbirthing program!!!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Paleo Paleo Paleo, Oh Paleo What Have You Done To Me

13 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers June 13, 2013 at 10:54 am

Oh man, I can’t decide if I’m looking forward to childbirth class or not. I want to learn it all, but I’m scared it’ll be frightening! haha
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Thirsty Thursday with Zevia

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 13, 2013 at 11:11 am

Intriguing way to make a dip!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Pineapple Chicken Stirfry and Why I Need Some DQ.

15 Lauren June 13, 2013 at 11:18 am

I bet this dip does get so good after sitting back in the fridge because of the cream cheese wedge! Yum, I love thick fruit dips! I’m glad all of your appointments are over and you’re just waiting for the little man to get here!!! So excited!

16 Presh @ The Coily Bombshell June 13, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Ohhh that dip sounds so good! Must try!
& yes it is definitely getting down to the wire.
He will be here before you know it!
I only had couscous once in a restaurant and it wasn;t bad.
I need to try to make it at home. Looks yummy!
Presh @ The Coily Bombshell recently posted..I like working the pole for free.

17 whitney June 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I am due a few days before you so I’ve been following your baby posts! :) What are your plans on giving birth? I most definitely welcome an epidural because I don’t have a very high pain tolerance! Good luck with everything in a few weeks!

18 Amanda @ A Latte Learn June 13, 2013 at 1:20 pm

That looks so delicious! I’m going to have to try that!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Yes, I Snap Pictures of Food

19 Shel@PeachyPalate June 13, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I spy cherries in that bright pink dip! What a great idea! You were missed but feel free to feel pooped you know we’ll all understand :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..The strawberry man

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Sometimes it is so refreshing to just have a super simple salad. I find that there are times that my taste buds are almost overwhelmed if I have to much going on. And then there are other days when I can never have enough toppings! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: June 12, 2013…and Tuesday, June 11, 2013!

21 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet June 13, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I’ve never tried dip for fruit before, but it looks intriguing!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Throwback (Run) Thursday

22 Brooke @ Running In Heels June 13, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I looooove Naked juice! I bet this would be awesome!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..The Bachelorette Episode 3 Recap: Wall Dancing, Towel Kisses & Man Tears

23 Michelle Kim June 13, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Yum! Looks like such a good snack!
Yay, now that you are graduates of the childbirth class, I’m sure you’re ready for the next step ;)

24 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 13, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Courtney, I just want to tell you that you’re doing such a great job throughout this pregnancy! I cannot believe you’re working so much and doing LIFE–even after stopping work a few weeks ago I feel like I don’t have enough time or energy to do EVERYTHING, haha. So hang in there! And omgness this dip looks so delicious….super creamy.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..One-Pot Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta

25 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples June 13, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Way to get creative w/the dip ;) Baby Tooth will be here so soon! I can’t imagine how excited you must be! ♥
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..All Who Wander…

26 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 13, 2013 at 9:40 pm

What a great, easy dip idea! I love fruit dips, so I’m excited to try this one out!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..WIAW #48

27 Sara Green June 16, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Looking forward to trying the fruit dip! It is so colorful looking and will definitely add to a variety of meals. Thanks again for the recipe and the idea! I can’t wait to try it out. Have you thought about making extra fruit dip and freezing it to use after the baby is born? This would make a great evening snack or addition to a meal. Also, congratulations on graduating from your childbirth class! I am sure you were at the top of the class. Best wishes for the upcoming birth of your child.