Fun Facts Friday {6/14}

by Courtney on June 14, 2013

1. We have an issue with one of the members of our house…

and I’m not quite sure what to do.

It seems as if our buddy, Cody, has taken a liking to Baby Tooth’s crib.

We’ve found him curled up in there a couple of times now, including this morning, and it really makes me nervous. I don’t want to have to keep that room shut off from him, but I have no idea what else to do about it. Obviously, we can do what we can while we’re home, but who knows what he’s doing while we’re out at work and/or sleeping at night. Anyone have any suggestions?!?

2. I haven’t completed a workout since Monday. While the yoga that I did on Monday felt fabulous, I just have not had the motivation or energy to do anything after work the rest of the week. Ahh well…

3. I recently started using this hairbrush and I love it. I can totally tell that it makes my hair dry faster, which is always a plus when getting ready in the morning.

4. I’m really hoping that I can convince Jay to bring me for some soft serve this weekend…

I need some more rainbow sprinkles in my life.

5. When I was thinking about this post going to bed last night, I had about 20 different things floating through my brain…this morning? Yeah, I’m still trying to figure out where they all went.

6. Is it weird that I already know (and am undoubtedly giddy and excited about) what I’m making for breakfast tomorrow morning?

It’s already been decided that Kodiak Cakes are on the menu. The company recently sent me a box of BOTH of their varieties and I have been waiting ALL week to dig in to a big batch.

7. Five weeks…five weeks…five weeks…FIVE WEEKS?!?!

8. This weekend, I’m hoping to possibly put together a freezer meal or two. I’ve been saying I’m going to do it for weeks now, and always wind up putting it off. We’re getting down to the wire though, so I’d really like to try to have a few on hand. If anyone has any good freezer meal recipes and/or ideas, please, send ‘em my way!

9. I never wound up blogging about them, but last week I made these banana muffins. They were incredible (thanks to Janae for blogging about them first!). I would highly recommend them.

10. Tonight, I think Jay and I are (hopefully!) heading to Lowe’s so we can buy some rain gutters. They aren’t for the outside of the house though…

source

They’re so we can make some (cheap!) and space-efficient bookshelves for Baby Tooth’s room. :)

HAPPY FRIDAY, everyone! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 14, 2013 at 9:20 am

Those banana crumb muffins sound really good! I’ve already saved the recipe to try them out. :) I’d like some soft serve this weekend too.

I’ve seen that idea with the rain gutters on Pinterest. I think it’s such a great idea. Good luck and definitely post a picture on how it turns out :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Condiment Edition!!…

2 Presh June 14, 2013 at 9:21 am

First off those rain shutters as book holders – GENIUS!!! Those kodiak cakes look yummy in that pic! Never heard of them before! All those sprinkles on that ice cream O_O! No suggestions about Cody but maybe he just wants extra special love right now lol.
Presh recently posted..I like working the pole for free.

3 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

Cute gutter idea. Who woulda’ thought…?

I need sprinkles in my life too. Yum!!!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Fitness Friday

4 Michelle Kim June 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

Aww the rain gutters are so cute!
And that’s funny about Cody liking the crib. My first thought was to put a mobile that moves around, but I’m sure he might end up liking that, too. Hope you find a way to let him know it belongs to Baby Tooth… in the next five weeks :)

5 Elizabeth R. June 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

I’ve read that tinfoil can teach cats to stay off of things. Try putting a huge piece of tinfoil in the crib and that will hopefully keep him out.

Or, try double sided tape. Cats hate tape.

6 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

Haha, unfortunately, my cat just likes to lay on the foil when we put it down (he’s a piece of work!). But the tape is a good idea…I may have to figure out a way to try that…without putting double sided tape all over the crib lol :)

7 Elizabeth R. June 14, 2013 at 9:30 am

Ha! I’ve never tried the foil myself, but we’re planning on getting a new couch that we want to keep our cats off of.

You can always put the double sided tape on the foil, so it’s easy to put into / take out of the crib?

Also, I saw a tip on another blog – do you know those plastic things that you can put on the floor for an office chair to role over? Some of them have plastic “spikes” on the bottom (to grip the floor). The other bloggers used it on their couch (upside down) to keep the dog off the couch. If you’re going to Lowes, you might be able to find the plastic thing.

8 Angie June 14, 2013 at 10:53 am

We put foil in the crib and then put tape on it. We also made sure to kick the cats out of the crib when we caught them in there while clapping and telling them NO. Believe it or not, it worked for us… However, they sometimes try to walk on the edges of the crib – not with the baby in there of course:) Good luck!

9 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 14, 2013 at 9:25 am

Oh I LOVE the rain gutter/book shelf idea! Who would’ve thought?!

I don’t have any advice for you about Cody’s new favorite bed… That’s a tough one. I would say just try to keep the door closed as much as possible, and maybe he’ll get the memo after time. It sure is interesting dealing with pets and a baby. We’re having our own issues over here with Molly peeing because of her anxiety with Hunter (we think…it may just be because she’s getting old too).
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hunter: 11 Weeks

10 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

chili and soups always freeze really well. You can also make a lasanga and freeze it before you bake it. Then all you have to do is defrost it and bake it off In the oven!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Cashew Almond Coconut Butter

11 Kate June 14, 2013 at 9:29 am

I’d give Cody a little bit of time before you get TOO nervous about him liking the Crib. Our cat likes anything that is new…and then he kind of changes his mind later. Or perhaps purchase a bed or a box with some cushioning in it to give Cody a newer place to turn his attention to. I find shutting the door only encourages an interest in the space. Not quite sure cats understand that memo!

12 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty June 14, 2013 at 9:30 am

Oh goodness…the Cody situation is tough huh?! I would probably start closing the door to that room if it were me just so he starts to understand that the room is semi-off limits. Maybe he’s already biding for your attention! :wink: It’s adorable.
I definitely think you should talk Jay into some soft serve and sprinkles this weekend. You deserve it!
I am so excited for you guys! 5 more weeks and you get to meet the love of your life!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..To My Friends & Family…

13 Angie @ Pint of Goals June 14, 2013 at 9:42 am

Even though it’s only 8:30ish in the morning, I am now craving soft serve!
One of the freezer meals I made were these pesto meatballs: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/turkey-pesto-meatballs/
The mixing and rolling takes the most time, so I did that and froze them raw. My husband (or me if I have time) can handle throwing them in the oven and boiling some pasta. I’ve also loaded up on chicken sausages, frozen chicken breasts, frozen Stoeffers lasagna (classy, I know) and dumplings. Now the baby (who is now four days late!!!) just has to get here so we can start to clean out our full freezer!

14 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Oh man, four days late?!? Best of luck to you, Angie!!

15 Jessica June 14, 2013 at 9:46 am

Several people made me some freezer meals — lasagna, meatballs, sausage, potpies, stir frys, soups, chilisl!! Good Luck!!! It will be here before you know it!! Baby tooth’s room is ADORABLE! I love it!

16 Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries June 14, 2013 at 9:47 am

If Cody is anything like my cats, blocking him from the room will only make it worse. Like someone else posted, give it some time & he’ll probably decide that he’s bored with it. Or maybe he’s feeling left out & needs a nice new bed of his one. Maybe one that’s on the floor next to the crib? Good luck!
Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries recently posted..A new twist on 2 old favorites…

17 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Haha…that’s what I was thinking so I actually put his bed on the floor right next to the crib. No such luck ;)

18 Allie June 14, 2013 at 9:47 am

Such a CUTE idea with the rain gutters. And I’d totally nap in the crib too, looks so comfy! Ps, if you get soft-serve, I’m coming along, as well as joining you for that amazing breakfast. :-)

19 JJ June 14, 2013 at 9:47 am

Our cats LOVED the crib, but even more so the bassinet because they feel safe in small enclosed spaces. It was just a pain to keep washing everything, so I put plastic garbage bags over it. Once the baby was born they had absolutely no interest in either, or anything to do with the baby. In fact, they would climb over furniture, cupboards, anything to avoid even walking near her.

20 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

That’s too funny!

21 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns June 14, 2013 at 9:52 am

Haha he found himself a nice comfy bed. Mmmm those banana pancakes look good! Hope he gets you some soft serve!!! Enjoy your weekend :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Strawberry Almonds

22 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 14, 2013 at 9:59 am

That’s so funny Cody’s sleeping in the crib! He’s like, “I’m the baby!” ;)
I love Kodiak cakes! They’re so healthy and yummy and their brownie mix is really good too! Happy Friday!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..What Does Organic Really Mean?

23 Gail June 14, 2013 at 10:00 am

Our cats have always done this prior to the baby’s arrival. Back when we had our first daughter, our cat got in crib, car seat and bassinette. Once the baby was born, the cat never got in those again. When we were getting ready for our granddaughter, our current cat did the same. Once Elena was born…..never again. She knew those places weren’t hers. I think its just their nature to claim new things. Don’t worry about. After Elena was born, Sophie was scared and stayed out of the way for a month or so. Then she got really friendly and protective of the baby, like a dog. The Codeman will be great, you’ll see.

24 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I hope so! That’s definitely encouraging to hear though :)

25 Amy June 14, 2013 at 10:01 am

I begin planning my next breakfast right after I finish my current one! It’s the best meal of the day… so no, not weird at all :) Must try your Kodiak Cakes too!
Amy recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola Bars

26 Lauren June 14, 2013 at 10:17 am

I always think about my morning coffee before I go to bed at night. I get excited just thinking about it. Lol.

Also, I watched “My Cat From Hell” before (lol) and maybe you could get one of those cat tree type things to put in the nursery so Cody will climb on that instead!

27 Cori @ olivetorun June 14, 2013 at 10:17 am

We just moved into our first house (about a month ago) so we LIVE at Lowes!! Oh the joys of owning a house. :)
p.s. can I come over for some pancakes?
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..Friday Makes Me Think Sundae and Now I Want Ice Cream

28 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

The twinkle coating on ice cream cones is one of the best parts!! I swear, it makes me feel like a kid again! ;)

I and LOVE that rain gutter idea. That is so clever and cute!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Friday Foodie Favorites…and a Not So Favorite

29 Sarah June 14, 2013 at 10:22 am

We have a pack n play for our nephews/friends children, and when we first set it up, the cat LOVED to sit in it. I just threw in some balls and toys for a few days so that she couldnt find a comfy spot to lay in it and now she has no interest in it (even when there is nothing in it).

30 Juliene June 14, 2013 at 10:23 am

I cant help you on the cat front, we have 2 dogs but I will say that our dachshund loves the baby’s papasan seat. Whenever I take the baby out the dog climbs in, it’s strange.

As far as food, when we had our first baby I was a freezer meal queen. Some things that I found helpful- I baked and froze muffins for quick breakfasts or healthy snacks, a few seconds in the microwave and they were perfect. I also made lots of cookie dough, formed it into balls and also froze it. Then when we had visitors or just wanted a little sweet I could take out one or two cookies and not have a whole tray sitting around. Meal wise I made a big batch of homemade spaghetti sauce and froze it in smaller portions. I used some of the sauce to make baked ziti. Other favorites of ours were chicken parmesan meatloaf, chicken enchiladas(I left the sauce off till they were baked but skipped totally since I was breastfeeding), macaroni and cheese, and prepped meats for the crockpot (ginger lime chicken, honey pork loin, french dip beef). The crockpot meals were great since they were fool proof enough for the hubby to throw in before work while I was still snoozing with the baby.

Good luck!

31 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Oh my gosh…all of those meals sound INCREDIBLE! Can I hire you?? :)

32 Brittany @ Balance and Bananas June 14, 2013 at 10:30 am

Rainbow sprinkles are ALWAYS a good decision in my mind. Love love love them! They make eating ice cream all the more fun!
I love the baby crib!! It’s precious!! You must be so excited, it’s so soon!! Wishing you the best :)
Brittany @ Balance and Bananas recently posted..Friday Five

33 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog June 14, 2013 at 10:30 am

Happy Friday!

Hopefully you can get that cody situation figured out :-). I find that anything I make in the crockpot becomes a great freezer meal. I just made a quinoa, chicken veggie combo in there and it was delicious!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Kitchen Adventures: Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies

34 Lindsey June 14, 2013 at 10:33 am

I am worried about the same thing with our cat. My plan is to keep the nursery door shut as much as I can, and then when we are home allow her in but try and teach her its off limits. Which is will be TONS of fun I am sure ;)

35 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Haha, I know right? Hopefully he’ll lose interest once Baby Tooth is here like many others are predicting! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us :)

36 Amanda - Small Home Big Start June 14, 2013 at 10:50 am

My neighbour was worried about her cat smoothering her baby, but wanted to be able to keep the door open to let the room air out. The ended up installing a screen door in the baby’s room and it worked great!

37 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 14, 2013 at 11:01 am

Mmmmm…the banana crumbs muffins look great. I pinned, so I’m can give them a try asap!

I hope you get the Cody situation taken care of!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Power Foods Friday

38 Shel@PeachyPalate June 14, 2013 at 11:04 am

I’m always giddy when it comes to breakfasts! Especially when they involve pancakes!!! :) Have a great weekend!

39 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 14, 2013 at 11:11 am

It’s perfectly acceptable to get excited over what you’ll be making for breakfast – it’s the best meal of the day, so what’s not to love? And I -hate- it when I have a lot of thoughts going through my head and forget about them all when I need them. That’s why I live with a notebook pretty much attached to my hip – so that I can always write things down when they come.

Happy Friday, Courtney!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... countdown to the weekend – foodie style .

40 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 14, 2013 at 11:16 am

I froze soup, chili, and lasagna before Addie came. I also made cookie dough (this recipe: http://notsodomesticated.com/cake-batter-chocolate-chip-cookies/) and froze balls of cookie dough. Let me tell you, that was the best idea I ever had haha. I had such a sweet tooth after she was born, and it was nice to just bake a couple of cookies when I wanted them! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addie Grace: 8 Weeks Old

41 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:26 pm

GREAT idea! :)

42 Linz @ Itz Linz June 14, 2013 at 11:28 am

maybe you can put a net over the baby crib so the cat can’t get in?? (TOTALLY KIDDING!) and you should def get fro yo + sprinkles this weekend! happy friday!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..July Issue of Runner’s World

43 Laura June 14, 2013 at 11:30 am

Baby Tooth’s nursery is really coming along. Love the book shelf idea! I do keep my baby’s nursery door shut. This is because we spend a lot of time on the floor playing and doing tummy time. Even though baby is usually on a mat or blanket, I would rather keep this area cat hair free. On occasion the cats do follow us in, which is fine, but I make sure they follow us out too. It could be dangerous if a cat tried to get into a crib where a baby is sleeping. Wishing you and your growing family all the best!

44 Nicole June 14, 2013 at 11:35 am

Cody is THE CUTEST!!!

Maybe between now and the time Baby Tooth is born, you can put boxes and things in the crib so it takes up any space that he would normally use to lie down on. My brother and SIL had twin boys in November. They have a 7 year old cat, Benji. Once the babies were brought home, Benji wanted NOTHING to do with them….Benji got annoyed at crying, screaming, pooping machines that were hogging all the attention for the first few months. He’s hissed at the babies a few times, but now he just accepts them. I think once Baby Tooth comes home, Cody might not take a liking to all the commotion.

I’m going to add my vote that Jay takes you for FroYo with lots of sprinkles this weekend!

Wait – did you say 5 weeks? I think you did. 5 weeks!!

BTW: I think once Baby Tooth is here, we need a blog post from Cody as to how he’s dealing with the changes. Might he be spending more time making margaritas at the bar?? :) (I adore Cody! He seems so fun! ….and I miss having a kitty of my own!)

45 Nicole June 14, 2013 at 11:36 am

Okay, I sound like a wacko cat-lady. HA! :P

46 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Hahahaha!! I’ll have to ask him if he’s up for another post ;)

47 Danica @ It's Progression June 14, 2013 at 11:38 am

EVERY time I decide I’m going to write a random/list post, I have tons of things to share, too. Then when I go to write it, I can think of maybe 5. Hate that ;)
5 weeks….so crazy! and sooo exciting!!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..10 Ways to make this a Healthy Weekend

48 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 14, 2013 at 11:42 am

I saw that rain gutter thing on Pinterest, awesome that you guys are going to do it! It looks so cute.
And with the Cody thing, you may just have to keep the door shut when you guys are away or sleeping…better to keep him out there than to risk anything!
And when it comes to random facts/thought posts, I’ve learned to always keep a list going! I write everything down on a word document on my computer or in my phone if I’m out.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 06/14/13.

49 Jennifer June 14, 2013 at 11:44 am

Love the idea of the rain gutter bookshelves! Might just have to steal that idea for our baby’s nursery! :)

50 Susan June 14, 2013 at 11:53 am

You used to be able to buy a tent to go over the top of the crib so the cat could not get inside. Not sure if they still make them…you might be more likely to find them in the US than where I live in Canada.

51 CLM June 14, 2013 at 11:54 am

Definitely take advantage of the frozen section in Trader Joes too! I love most of the Trader Mings Asian foods they have.

52 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Good to know – thank you!

53 Cait June 14, 2013 at 12:37 pm

so was Cody in the crib or just next to it?
if he was in the crib, I guarantee that by the time baby comes, he will be over it. I wouldn’t let it bother you!

54 Tara@PNWRunner June 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm

The rain gutter idea is awesome! Let me guess…saw it on Pinterest? Softserve sounds great. I dont remember the last time I had it.
Tara@PNWRunner recently posted..Kittens and Hamster balls

55 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Haha, how’d ya guess? ;)

56 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution June 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I know this sounds really cruel, but if you blow up some balloons and put them in there, when Cody jumps in, they will pop. It will scare him — which sucks :(, but it’s really unsafe if he jumps in there with Baby Tooth (as I’m sure you know, which is why you are concerned). My sister did this with her cats and it worked.
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..On Ramp Class #3 and Benchmark Friday

57 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Interesting…I may need to give that a try. We’ll see how it goes!

58 Silvia @skinny jeans food June 14, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Nooooooo!!!! You scare the poor cat to death! It is almost as bad as spraying him with a water bottle.
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..A bunch a kale

59 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution June 14, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Well, as others say he may just stop doing it when baby comes, and I looooooove my cats, but if I was worried that they might jump into the baby’s crib, I’d probably try it rather than hoping they would just stop. It’s so dangerous!

60 BakingSuit June 14, 2013 at 2:06 pm

My friend did the balloon thing too thinking the popping would scare off the cats, apparently what happened was they decided there wasn’t any room in the crib for them and they stopped trying. They also use squirt gun training and haven’t had problems

Thanks for the heads up on the brush, I always need a way to get it done faster!
BakingSuit recently posted..Coffee date – bad baking and chocolate.

61 Claire @ Health Nut Claire June 14, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Those pancakes look deeelicious! And rain gutters turned bookshelves? Genius!
Claire @ Health Nut Claire recently posted..How To: Pizzas on the Grill

62 Krystan June 14, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I love the bookshelf idea! I have seen it on another blogger’s website and I’m totally stealing the idea when we get some extra space…love that you can see all the front covers…

I feel ya on the exercise motivation..I have been lacking this week, so tired and just not feeling it even when I do make it to the gym :( I feel that making it this far into the pregnancy exercising as much as you have throughout, you should be very proud even if the next few weeks are slow! Think of all the women who don’t stay fit and 35 out of 40 is pretty damn awesome! (That’s what I am telling myself as well, lol)

63 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I try to tell myself the same thing – I have been fairly active for a good majority of it, so if I need a break, then I’m gonna take a break! :)

64 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet June 14, 2013 at 2:59 pm

On the plus side, it shouldn’t be too difficult to get adorable cat and baby pictures!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..A Day of First: Kitten Nursery and Crossfit

65 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm

LOL!

66 Silvia @skinny jeans food June 14, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Of course, Cody will like the crib. Cats like spaces like this, protected from all sides so they feel safe when sleeping. Are you worried that he’ll get in there when the baby is here? Or now that he’ll leave cat hair right now? I’d just put a regular blanket in for now, one on which he can sleep. He will stay far away from the crib once it is the baby’s.

I agree with the others — give him an alternative, his own safe space. It can be something simple like laundry basket with some nice soft towels inside, or placing a cat bed in a medium-high shelf in your closet or anything that feels like closed in from many sides. He will like that even more because it is smaller.

good luck, and don’t do anything drastic to the codester ;-)
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..A bunch a kale

67 Courtney June 14, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I’m worried about him being in there once the baby is there, but I also don’t love having him in there now getting his hair all over. I do have a blanket down inside for that reason, and I also have his own cat bed right next to the crib…apparently it isn’t as comfy as the crib :)

68 Silvia @skinny jeans food June 14, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Maybe, the cat bed has to go IN the crib (on top of the blanket) :-) — I don’t think Cody will go near the crib if the baby is in there, he more likely will be scared. With the cat hair, well, I’d just close the door in this case if you want to keep things clean and ready.
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..A bunch a kale

69 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Oh I have totally heard of cats loving the crib. I have no idea what to tell you though. :) And Ummmm, I think you’re totally allowed to not want to work out at 35 weeks pregnant. Just sayin’.

70 Sarah @ Sweet Miles June 14, 2013 at 4:53 pm

The bookshelf idea is SO cute!! What an awesome affordable way to display those precious children’s book!! AH melt my heart. Thank you for entertaining me with your upcoming baby antics to settle down my baby fever :) My husband thanks you too, HA!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..today’s the day!!!

71 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections June 14, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I love the rain gutter book shelf idea! It’s so much more practical than an actual book shelf (for books) in a baby’s/kid’s room. They can actually get to it and it’ll stay organized! Love it.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..{ Faith in My Friday } Maimed or Just Right?

72 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up June 14, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I love the bookshelf idea and cannot wait to see how it turns out. I hope you will post pictures!!

And I know what I am having for breakfast tomorrow now!! I have never made Kodiak cakes before but since I am making a trip to Target tonight I am going to pick some up!!

73 Lisa June 14, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Sprinkles are the best! A friend of mine installed a screen door in the nursery door way to keep their cat out. It turned out really cute and added a unique touch to their nursery.

74 Alaine June 14, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Try putting balloons that are well inflated and easy to pop all over the crib, so that everytime he jumps in there a balloon will pop!

75 Angela June 14, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I don’t have cats but my friends with cats just got “crib netting” to keep them out (both before and after babies). Amazon.com shows a few styles – I won’t post links in case that’s a blog-no-no but just google it and you will find lots of styles.

Also my hair is longer than yours and I love that hairbrush too!!

76 Andrea @ Andrea Everhart June 14, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Kodiak cakes have been a Godsend throughout my pregnancy! I love them! Now I just need some ice cream with sprinkles.

77 Pattie June 14, 2013 at 9:53 pm

My friend had this same problem with the cat. They make special mesh tents for cribs specifically for this. If you Google it you should be able to find it, was very safe and worked great. Good luck.

78 Cara (@xandara) June 14, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I saw an episode of My Cat From Hell where a couple was setting up a nursery, too. Jackson Galaxy suggested they get some cat shelves to put up around the room so the cats could watch the baby from afar, so they could watch and learn how to understand the baby’s actions without any crazy in-yo-face predicaments. I don’t know if that would help or not but another idea would be putting other things in the room that Cody thinks are “his” to sleep in, so when the baby comes, he’s not as tempted to crawl in the crib but content to have his own domain. If the room has a window you could get a window seat shelf bed doodad for him.

Good luck! :D

79 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 15, 2013 at 2:30 am

Oh wow, already 5 weeks huh?! :D And it is definitely a must to make meals ahead of time! I recommend that you freeze simple large batch type of foods, and the crockpot REALLY helps with this process. Ie: pasta sauce, chicken tortilla soup, your pulled bbq chicken, or even marinaded meats! I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried Korean bbq before, but Bulgogi is divine! I’ve been freezing meals lately too and this is a rather healthy recipe that I made– it really comes in handy for me ;) http://www.fitforthesoul.com/2013/06/01/succulent-bulgogi-recipe-low-sugar/ Have a beautiful day Courtney!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Flexibility Equals Bliss

80 Jenn@Be ME June 15, 2013 at 8:11 am

We have a dog, so he doesn’t make it into the crib, but we keep the nursery door closed and he’s not allowed in unless we are in there as well (preparing for the baby). We have 2 more weeks for him to arrive!

I have not made meals yet to freeze, but we have collected local take out menus : )
Jenn@Be ME recently posted..BE Exposed.

81 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 15, 2013 at 10:19 am

Mmm, I could go for some soft serve with rainbow sprinkles too!

Love the bookshelf idea!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Vlog: Favorite Summer Beauty Products

82 Nikki June 15, 2013 at 10:26 am

I am not even pregnant, just a newlywed with a very outgoing cat and that is one of the first things my mom warned me about. A cat could lay on a newborn baby thinking it’s a soft spot and suffocate them.

83 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny June 15, 2013 at 12:18 pm

If I don’t write it down the night before, I completely forget what I was going to write in my posts the next morning! I totally have those gutter book shelves pinned for the one day that I have kids…or for my own home library that I really want. Can’t wait to see how they turn out.
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Dear High School Self…

84 Abby June 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

One of my favorite crockpot/freezer meals is this Chicken Chili: http://levelsfoodandfitness.com/2013/03/29/whats-been-fueling-my-workouts-all-week/

It makes a ton of food and you can just throw it in the crockpot! When it’s cooled, you can package it up and freeze it. I actually made this a few months ago and pulled the leftovers out of the freezer for lunches this week, and it was awesome! The best part is that it’s versatile…you can serve it over sweet potatoes, quinoa, salad, in a tortilla wrap…always something different! :)
Abby recently posted..A very berry WIAW!

85 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 15, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love the book shelves! Have you thought about having a book shower? Several of my friends have done it and it’s so neat. You have a normal shower, but instead of traditional baby gifts everyone brings their favorite baby book for the little one!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Pinteresting

86 Amanda @ A Latte Learn June 15, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I love the rain gutter bookshelves idea! And now you have me totally craving some soft serve and rainbow sprinkles! :)
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..2nd Street Market

87 Leigha June 16, 2013 at 9:06 am

I saw those on Janae’s blog.. they look sooo good! As for Cody, my mom told me that my cat used to go in the crib with me when I was a baby. All my grandmas and everyone thought it was terrible but I’m fine! Jasper protected me. She never tried to suffocate me or anything!
Leigha recently posted..Quick leave of absence

88 Sara Green June 16, 2013 at 1:25 pm

The Kodiak Cakes look great! Do they taste as good as they look? I have always wanted to try them, but usually end up with traditional pancakes. Thanks to your post I think I’ll give them a try! Like others, I’m not really sure about what to do with Cody. Have you ever tried putting a motion toy in the doorway? This might startle him enough to keep him from attempting to go in the room. For that matter, you could put the motion toy in the crib and that might really break him. BTW…I LOVE the rain gutter idea!

89 Sue June 16, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I hope you can figure out a way to keep Cody out of the baby’s crib without completely traumatizing him. Before my daughter was born my cats liked getting into her crib too but after she was born they wanted absolutely nothing to do with her or her crib. They went out of their way to avoid her. I can’t believe Baby Tooth will be here in five weeks. How exciting!! The idea of freezing the dough for individual cookies is a great one. I might do that and I’m not even pregnant!!

90 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats June 17, 2013 at 8:11 am

I hope you got your sprinkles this weekend! Those bookshelves are adorable. Such a great use of space.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Resting the shin: Summer edition