Nap or Workout?

by Courtney on June 18, 2013

Hey guys! What’s shakin’ on your Tuesday??

Thankfully, I am feeling muuuuch better today than I was yesterday morning. I guess it was just an off day, I suppose. The tired feeling is still there but hey…I’m not anticipating that going anywhere anytime soon thanks to Baby Tooth.

Speaking of which, the Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!

So yesterday was one of those days where I basically spaced out my food through the entire day. I don’t even know if my stomach ever got to a growling, “oh man, I’m hungry!” feeling, but I knew I needed to keep eating…so eat, I did!

After breakfast and a mid-morning snack of a banana, I snacked on some carrots, celery, and crackers with hummus. Lots and lots of hummus.

A few hours later, I dug in to the second part of “lunch” that I packed with me…aka, one of my favorite combos of all time.

A vanilla Chobani mixed with fresh strawberries and blueberries, along with some new-to-me granola. It’s Vanilla Blueberry Clusters with Flax Seeds made by KIND, and I am absolutely LOVING it. Suuuper delicious!

Fast-forward a few hours later and I was finally home from work. Ahhhh…a nap was what had been on my mind ALL day long, yet somehow, I found myself in workout gear, in the living room, firing up one of my prenatal DVD’s. Go figure?

My back had been feeling a little sore and my groin area felt tight, so I thought a nice, quick 30-minute workout might help loosen things up a bit. Well, it certainly did, and I felt great afterward. So much so that I even got some laundry and dishes done…who knows what got into me?!

I was on my own for dinner, and had zero desire to make anything (no surprise there, right?) so I rummaged through the fridge to see what sort of leftover concoction I could arrange…and this is what I came up with.

Leftover corn on the cob + leftover zucchini + a crumbled veggie burger drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette (so random, I know) and a side of leftover potato salad. It was all definitely a little odd, but it tasted delicious at the time.

I wish I could say that I have something really good planned for tonight’s dinner, but unfortunately, I have nothing. I do have plans to make one (maybe two) freezer meals, so perhaps we’ll manage to get a little something out of those. Who knows. Or mayyyyyybe my wonderful, loving husband will come up with something good to make for us?

Jay, that’s for you if you’re reading. ;)

Have a great day, everyone!

1 Lisa June 18, 2013 at 11:35 am

Sometimes I think sleep is more important than getting in a workout. Since not sleeping raises our stress levels and so does working out, so it might even be better to take some extra rest if you’re feeling super tired.
But hey, if you can get a workout in that’s pretty darn awesome!
No complaints there:)
I’ve been so obsessed lately with snacking on raw veggies and hummus, which is so weird to me since I usually hate savory Snacks.
Lisa recently posted..The Perfect Diet For Everyone

2 Nicole June 18, 2013 at 11:50 am

Sounds like it’s a Chipotle take-out kind of night! :D

3 Kathryn June 18, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I wish I could get into hummus, but I just haven’t found a brand I care for. Some have waaaay too much oil, the one my mom had me try recently felt…grainy. Like, it felt like someone had dumped some sand into it. I’ll stick with veggies and ranch, for the moment, lol.

4 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 18, 2013 at 12:03 pm

So glad you’re feeling better! Jay should definitely make you dinner! My husband cooked last night and dinner was south better made by someone else. ;)
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Exciting Stuff

5 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I happen to think that your dinner looks and sounds delicious!! I truly believe that some of the simplest “recipes” that come together quickly are really the best tasting!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Magazine Monday: Soy-Sesame Lettuce Wraps

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm

That always happens to me – I feel like all I want to do is nap but then when I get home from work (this is of course hypothetical at this point in time ;) ) I have a sudden burst of energy!

7 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I do that all the time. I feel like there’s no way I can do anything but crash on the couch after work, and then somehow I get a second wind!

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 18, 2013 at 1:19 pm

If you think up something to make for dinner, let me know because I’m currently struggling with the same thing and if I don’t think of something soon, it’s going to end up being a breakfast for dinner kind of night… which actually doesn’t sound too bad.

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 18, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I love hummus! I eat it quite often and lately I’ve been making my own. It’s super easy to make and I always like experimenting with different flavors.

Glad you’re feeling better today! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..My Obsession Continues

10 Julie @ Better Life with Burgers June 18, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I always have that debate – nap or work out? But I feel like a workout energizes me so much more than a nap. So unless I really haven’t gotten enough sleep, I’m all about a short workout!
Julie @ Better Life with Burgers recently posted..Photos of the Day

11 Tara@PNWRunner June 18, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Ohh hummus. I love it almost as much as guacamole! :)
Tara@PNWRunner recently posted..Fall City Days 10k Recap!

12 Shel@PeachyPalate June 18, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Well done on the workout! And you look super cherry after it as well!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Childhood meal with a side of green

13 Gracie June 18, 2013 at 2:15 pm

When I first read this title I thought, “NAP!” haha. But good for you for squeezing that workout in ;)
Gracie recently posted..some good reads.

14 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny June 18, 2013 at 2:22 pm

that sundried tomato basil hummus is the best! and yeah, I think I’d go with the nap…so props to you. It’s so true though, after a workout you have so much more energy to get other stuff done!
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Why I Gave Up Gluten

15 Lindsey June 18, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Share your freezer meals! I am going to need to start that soon too for after baby arrives :)

16 Miranda @ Miranda Runs June 18, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I think it depends on how you’re feeling! Usually I go for the workout because I know I’ll feel a million times more awake afterwards!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Totally Truthful Tuesday #1- RNR half

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Cannot go wrong with hummus – I’ve been sticking to the plain lately but I think I need to pick up a fun kind soon.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Not Superwoman.

18 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections June 18, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Haha, I hope Jay sees your comment! Sometimes random dinners are the best and most satisfying to me.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..One Year Anniversary Date Night

19 Brooke @ Running In Heels June 18, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I absolutely love making a random bowl of food from all of my leftovers.. it’s always weird but so delicious!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts: Grocery Heaven, Dog Issues & Cheese Curd Hoarders

20 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up June 18, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Oh my goodness, I just want to rub your belly!! And I am allowed to do that cause I am a mommy already so that would NOT be rude, lol!!

I hope your hubby makes you a fantastic dinner tonight. You deserve it!!
Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Let’s Talk Tuesday: Girlfriends

21 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 18, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I think it’s so great that you are still finding motivation to workout! You’re very inspirational! :-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Week in Review #6

22 Leigha June 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Naps and workouts both give me a quick happiness endorphin!
Leigha recently posted..Quick leave of absence

23 Lauren Williams June 19, 2013 at 1:42 am

I usually find myself deciding between a nap or a workout! If I start looking on pinterest of fitness blogs I am sure to find something that will motivate me to choose a workout!
Lauren Williams recently posted..Yellow Floral House Number Wreath by SomethingBeautiful19

24 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 19, 2013 at 7:34 am

On nights when I don’t feel like cooking, we almost always do breakfast for dinner. It’s quick and easy and tastes good :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups & Giveaway Winner!!…

25 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom June 19, 2013 at 9:01 am

You’re amazing for still working out and doing chores at 35 weeks! At that point, I was literally on the couch with my swollen feet up 24/7, and doing a lot of b*tching and moaning! You’re an inspiration to so many moms to be out there!
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..Unicorn Mom

26 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets June 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm

You still always manage to come up with the most amazing (yet random) mixes that just WORK! You need to come over to my fridge and tell me what to toss together on my lazy nights.. I always just end up making a smoothie!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..summer 2013 {want} to-do list