WIAW: Eat What I Crave

by Courtney on June 19, 2013

Happy Wednesday! Halfway through the week…gotta love it!

After taking a couple of weeks off, I’m back on the WIAW bandwagon. I’m highlighting all of Tuesday’s eats, as usual, and although my snacks from yesterday may not have been “sensible” depending on who you ask, they were all tasty nonetheless.

Lately, I’m all about convenience and having whatever I’m craving. Thankfully, my cravings seem to be fairly balanced (although I would still eat soft serve with rainbow sprinkles daily, if I could) so I’m just enjoying a little bit of everything and worrying about nothing.

Let’s take a peek…

Breakfast

A piece of leftover sausage and egg casserole from Father’s Day brunch. The stuff is still just as good as it was the first day.

Mid-Morning Snack

First I had a small banana (not pictured, obviously) but still needed something else so I grabbed a Clif Z Bar that was hanging out in my desk. Gotta love these things!

Lunch

I so much enjoyed the lunch that I had on Monday that I decided to make a repeat of it again yesterday.

Only difference was that there was no crackers (finished them Monday) and no hummus, because I forgot it in the fridge before leaving work for a doctor’s appointment.

Mid-Afternoon Treat

On the way home from my appointment I found myself eyeballing a Dunkin Donuts and absolutely craaaaaaving a strawberry lemonade Coolatta. So I justified it (who am I kidding, I would have gotten one anyways) by saying I was treating myself for having had to get a shot at the doc.

Seems like a reasonable excuse, right? Gosh, I love those things…sugar bomb or not. ;)

Random Snack

Shortly after I got home, I ended up snacking on a few bites of leftover potato salad.

I knew Jay wasn’t going to be home for a couple of hours and I wanted to try to wait for him, so I had this to sort of tide me over. It did the trick.

Dinner

Unfortunately, I don’t think Jay got the message yesterday. ;)

He actually had to work late, so by the time he got home and we chatted for a bit, it was approaching 7:30 and both of us just decided to throw something together for ourselves. Pasta for him…turkey sandwich + chips and salsa for me.

My turkey sammy was awwwwwwesome…turkey, provolone, spinach, tomato, avocado, mustard, and a little bit of light mayo on whole wheat bread. Couldn’t have asked for anything better…

Okay, I think that’s pushing it. But it was still quite delicious.

Dessert

A little while later, while Jay and I were catching up on Monday night’s episode of The Voice (**we still haven’t watched last night’s episode…don’t tell me who won!!!) we each snacked on a couple of strawberry frozen fruit bars.

I’m tellin’ you…I looooove these things lately! I also had a little piece of dark chocolate too because, well, I wanted it.

1 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers June 19, 2013 at 9:39 am

Sometimes simple meals really are the best, aren’t they? I could go for a big ol’ turkey sandwich about now… or at least in a couple hours for lunch.
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..WIAW and other fun stuff

2 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed June 19, 2013 at 9:39 am

Are you kidding? There is no amount of hummus not to be deemed “unsensible”. It’s basically the perfect food.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Glenn Beck Soiling Himself in a Rolls

3 Lisa June 19, 2013 at 9:40 am

Glad you’re back on the WIAW game. I think your eats look pretty sensible:)
Got to indulge every now and again.
Oh gosh, I can’t even remember the last time I had a popsicle! I remember I used to only like the orange ones. And whenever I bought those flavored packages there would only ever be like 1 orange out of 12. No good.
Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Mindful Eating?

4 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 19, 2013 at 9:41 am

Mmm you can’t beat a good ol’ turkey sandwich sometimes!

I loved those fruit bars during my 1st tri… In fact, I think we still have a few left in our freezer! Ha!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #86: Keepin’ It Short & Sweet

5 chelcie @ chelcie's food files June 19, 2013 at 9:41 am

bahhh love the voice! i won’t tell you who won but I was so so happy! (don’t click on my post otherwise you’ll find out who won haha ) that sandwich looks amazing!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Currently

6 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 19, 2013 at 9:52 am

Mmmm…the breakfast casserole looks great! Sometimes a good turkey sandwich for dinner really just hits the spot! Yum!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #3

7 Carrie This Fit Chick June 19, 2013 at 9:53 am

My days, sausage… MMMMMMM
So good :)

Love your little treats- popsicles and Z bars… we’re all still kids at heart ;)
Carrie This Fit Chick recently posted..Common Mistakes You Make on Your Fitness Journey

8 sara @ fitcupcaker June 19, 2013 at 10:01 am

omg that sandwich looks amazing, lol. love all the avocado. Ive been loving popsicles and ice cream these summer days!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW: Protein Snacks!

9 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns June 19, 2013 at 10:08 am

I’m so obsessed with your sandwich! I feel I need to make one ASAP lol. Mmmm and dark chocolate? Love that, I have to remind myself often that I can’t eat it after every meal.
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Welcome To The Dark Side

10 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog June 19, 2013 at 10:09 am

I gotta agree with you on the sprinkles and soft serve: If I could eat that every day for every meal, I’d be a happy girl :-)

You were actually the person to introduce me to Cliff Z bars and now I’m obsessed. Honey Graham is my fave flavor.

I think Eat What I Crave is a great theme for your WIAW and such a healthy approach to food!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: The Return of the Egg Muffin

11 Lauren June 19, 2013 at 10:11 am

I hope the news or social media doesn’t give away the winner! (I’m glad you put this in because I was definitely going to say something ;-) ) And that sandwich does look like perfection, in my opinion! Maybe with a side of froyo with sprinkles! Have a great day!

12 Shel@PeachyPalate June 19, 2013 at 10:12 am

I’m on a total sandwich kick lately so I’d have to agree….it looks awesome! Or my new favourite word “mighty” :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..One mat, many meals

13 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 19, 2013 at 10:20 am

I think you must be the sandwich queen. They always look so good!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Heartbroken

14 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill June 19, 2013 at 10:25 am

I love those strawberry fruit bars. If you like coconut, try the coconut ones, too!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Beauty Basics

15 Amy June 19, 2013 at 10:29 am

Your turkey sandwich looks amazing! Mmmm
Amy recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday [1]

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 19, 2013 at 10:38 am

Lol I love the justification ;) I totally do that too. Although I’d probably be buying myself a 5 course dinner as a reward for getting a shot. I seriously hate those things :?
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … this is me .

17 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run June 19, 2013 at 10:40 am

Two thumbs up for intuitive eating!

18 Ashley @ Life and Fitness June 19, 2013 at 10:44 am

Gotta love eating what you want! I recently have stopped tracking my calories and feel SO free. It’s nice to eat what you crave instead of what you should be eating.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW & Punta Cana Part Two

19 Leigha June 19, 2013 at 11:05 am

I eat turkey sandwiches like there’s no tomorrow, with the same toppings as you! They are soo yummy, and so easy!
Leigha recently posted..Quick leave of absence

20 Renee @ Fit For Motherhood June 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

Your sausage and egg casserole looks delicious. I think I might make one this weekend. Thank you!!

I love strawberry popsicles in the summer. They are one of my favorite treats on a hot day. :)
Renee @ Fit For Motherhood recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday # 31

21 Rachel June 19, 2013 at 11:44 am

That turkey sandwich looks so good!!! I will have to have one soon!

22 Miranda @ Miranda Runs June 19, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I’m totally craving a turkey sandwich now! I think I know what I’m having for lunch ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Call for questions!

23 Danica @ It's Progression June 19, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Yogurt + Fruit + granola bowls just never ever get old. I’m making a batch of homemade granola right now to have for those and for on top of smoothies! yum!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..wiaw: it’s been a while

24 Annette@FitnessPerks June 19, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Mmmmm fruit bars & turkey sandwiches–my favorites!

25 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 19, 2013 at 1:27 pm

You totally deserve a special treat for getting a shot! Too bad you didn’t get dinner, but your sandwich sure looks tasty!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Sensible Snacking on Fruit

26 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections June 19, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I love coolattas too! I got the vanilla bean one and it basically tastes like a milkshake… Their frozen hot chocolate is good too. Now I’m craving one!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Skinny Summer Arms

27 Linz @ Itz Linz June 19, 2013 at 1:46 pm

that turkey sandwich sure does look delish! avocado plus anything is the best!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Beet, Walnut, Cucumber, & Honey Goat Cheese Spinach Salad

28 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny June 19, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Totally craving a sandwich with avocado now! Sometimes you just have to go with your feelings and eat what you want – life’s not fun if you don’t!
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..WIAW: favorite snacks

29 Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 19, 2013 at 2:20 pm

You deserve any kind if treat you want after having to get a shot at the doctors office. That turkey sandwich looks so good, I always love when my mom makes turkey sandwiches, hers always seem to taste so much better than mine and she loads them with fresh veggies!
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..WIAW #21

30 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 19, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Breakfast casseroles are the best!! And don’t you just LOVE chips and salsa? I could eat them for days ;).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: June 19, 2013

31 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 19, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I could eat soft serve with sprinkles every day, too … and I’m not pregnant. So what’s my excuse? ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 2 Months Old

32 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets June 19, 2013 at 3:55 pm

That Cliff bar looks so cute!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..summer 2013 {want} to-do list

33 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I’ve been loving frozen fruit bars for dessert, too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: 6/17

34 Brittany June 20, 2013 at 7:12 am

Your meals look super tasty. I love that the are all more like little snacks. Sometimes that is my favorite way to go through the day. The yogurt and berries especially made my mouth water.
Brittany recently posted..My Transformation…nah My Education

35 Kelly June 20, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Well now I like really want chips and dip for dinner…. hmm… That may have to happen :-)
Kelly recently posted..Nail polish improves work performance….It’s science

36 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 20, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Good for you for eating so well!!!! Everything looks pretty good and I can’t wait to eat foods like that soon. (My mom is makin’ me eat lots of seaweed soup postpartum, lol)
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Selah is Here!

37 Iris June 20, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I love that you’re eating what you crave! I just wanted to say that your turkey sandwich had me drooling – there’s something so divine about fresh, simple sandwiches like that!! Maybe I’ll have one for dinner tonight… :)

Iris @ Anatomy & Intuition

38 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats June 21, 2013 at 8:36 am

I think these are delicious and sensible eats! Everything in moderation, right?! ;)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

39 D June 24, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Hi Courteney,

I’m a lot older than you (32)…but caught up in binge eating at 10 pm every night (like its embarrassing). Not exercising due to fatigue…ammenorheic, hormones and mood and energy kaput. And constipated (2 days now and nothing). I’m ashamed of my binge eating at night and feel like I’ll never recapture my hormones + metabolism….would love to chat. Can you email me? I tried to put my info. into your contact page and it wouldn’t let me (?). Maybe you can email? sorry for being so …lost.

40 Courtney June 25, 2013 at 7:16 am

Feel free to email me, D – sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com