WIAW: Simple and Easy

by Courtney on June 26, 2013

Good news – we made it to Wednesday! (And please, if you haven’t already seen this Geico commercial with the camel, go watch the video of it. Cracks. Me. UP.) AND, to top it off, we have our prenatal appointment later this afternoon, complete with our final ultrasound. I cannot WAIT, and am keeping my fingers crossed that Baby Tooth will cooperate and show us his little face. Ohmygod I cannot wait to touch that little face and squeeze those little cheeks.

But anywho! On to the good stuff…WIAW Tuesday. Yesterday’s eats (and heck, most of my eats these days) were all about simple and easy. And carbs, too. ;)

Breakfast

A whole wheat English muffin topped with peanut butter + iced coffee

Not even a banana thrown in there. Plain and simple.

Mid-Morning Snack

I was rushing around the house in the morning to find something else to grab and came across this Orchard Bar.

Upon first bite, I wasn’t sure if I loved it, but I quickly changed my tune and devoured the whole thing quite quickly. Loved the apple flavor in it!

Afternoon Snack

I had to run out on my lunch hour to meet Jay at Home Depot so we could pick up a new ceiling fan for Baby Tooth’s nursery. I wasn’t hungry enough to eat my lunch before leaving to meet up with him, so I grabbed my container of grapes that I had packed and hit the road with those.

Green grapes are tasting soooooo good right now, no??

Lunch

I didn’t wind up getting hungry for lunch until almost 2pm, but by that time, it was time to break out the goods.

I’m tellin’ you guys. I’m all about easy and simple these days. I’ve been way too lazy to make my lunches at night, so when the morning rolls around, I want something I can throw together in about 5 minutes. Hence, the combo above. ;)

Dinner

I suck at planning dinners these days. There, I said it. I have no desire to make anything once I’m home, and poor Jay just sort of goes with the flow…even though I know he totally misses regular meals. It also doesn’t help when he has softball games planned and then they wind up getting rained out (as has been the case for the past 2 weeks or so…).

So last night, we made the most of what we had, with minimal effort.

We still have plenty of leftover pasta salad, so we had some of that along with a couple of paninis. Jay had the idea to go and pick up some rolls at the bakery instead of using regular bread, and ohmygod they were enormous. We cut probably 1/3 off of each of our rolls, and they were still (as you can see) massive.

I made mine with some sliced deli chicken, Italian blend cheese, tomatoes, onions, turkey bacon, and balsamic mayo (I literally just mixed a little light mayo with balsamic vinaigrette dressing).

It was a huge, carby, delicious sandwich, and I thoroughly enjoyed every last bite. I was huuuuungry, and it was nice to actually have the room in the belly to eat a full meal without feeling totally uncomfortable. :)

Dessert

A couple hours later I wanted something sweet, so I grabbed a small handful of Scooby Snacks (I should not buy these anymore, they are trouble) and a watermelon Italian ice.

IMG_2494IMG_2495

Still lovin’ me some Italian ice these days – especially the watermelon flavor!

We enjoyed our Italian ices while lounging on the couch, watching last night’s episode of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss, and me constantly scratching my itchy belly…

Seriously guys. It is AWFUL right now. It seems to gradually get worse as the day goes on, and by the time I get ready for bed at night, it’s just terrible. I put my baby oil on in the morning and lotion and a few times during the day but good lord, is it annoying. Anyone have any good itchy belly remedies for me?? ;)

Happy Wednesday!

1 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty June 26, 2013 at 9:36 am

I am ALL about the simple and easy meals! Oftentimes they are the best ones. Happy Wednesday my friend!

2 Kelly @ Femme Fitale June 26, 2013 at 9:40 am

Here’s hoping you get to see Baby Tooth’s little face!!

Does your belly itch have a rash? I had a terrible belly itch. I think what I had was called PUPP. Although it was fairly mild in appearance, the itching was still insane. I feel your pain! My uncle is a pharmacist/nurse-practitioner, and he recommended hydrocortisone cream (1%). It pretty much saved my life.
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..A Workout + Smoothie Kind Of Day

3 Sara June 26, 2013 at 9:46 am

Carb filled days are my favorite kind of days ;)

I can’t believe how close we’re getting!! Can’t wait to hear about the final ultrasound :)

4 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 26, 2013 at 9:50 am

Good luck with your ultrasound! Hopefully it’s still a boy!
Totally kidding…I played that joke on a girlfriend at work when I scanned her and she freaked out. It was all in good fun.
Even if he doesn’t show you his face, I’m sure you’ll still get to see something neat. Have fun!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad with Mozzarella

5 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 26, 2013 at 9:50 am

I love a good sandwich for dinner! So good!

I get really dry skin during the winter and pure organic coconut oil works well for me. It really helps moisturize my skin!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #4

6 Ashlee@HisnHers June 26, 2013 at 9:52 am

Those Scooby snacks are wayyyy to close to lookng like a doggie treat haha.

7 Christine@ Apple of My Eye June 26, 2013 at 9:54 am

Yumm I’ve been obsessed with whole wheat english muffins lately! They’re a regular rotation for my breakfast choice. That sammmich looks out of this world!

8 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 26, 2013 at 9:56 am

Oh my gosh, I’m OBSESSED with Hunter’s little cheeks! They’re chubby and so soft – I kiss them all day long. :) I kiss his little feet too. That’s so neat you get another ultrasound! I didn’t get one in my 3rd tri, but I really wish I did. xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #87: Hunger Beast

9 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 26, 2013 at 10:05 am

I have been LOVING grapes lately, too! My addiction is with the black grapes, though. They are so sweet :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Part 8: Turnip French Fries

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 26, 2013 at 10:05 am

I’ve been all about fast and easy lately too – no shame!

11 Kinsey Drake June 26, 2013 at 10:11 am

Grapes are amazing! I love freezing them for a super refreshing snack.
Kinsey Drake recently posted..Speculoos Bundt Cake

12 Michaela June 26, 2013 at 10:30 am

Try not to scratch that belly it could cause the stretch marks your are dreading
the skin is very sensitive and prone to damage. I used that cooling aloe gel that you use when you get a sunburn, it worked really well for me!

13 Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 26, 2013 at 10:30 am

Green grapes are amazing! I love them when they are really cold right out of the fridge or freezer. I’m sorry your belly has been itchy, I use coconut oil on my skin when it gets really dry and it really seems to help.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..WIAW – Sunday

14 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns June 26, 2013 at 10:32 am

Love green grapes frozen!!! They just pop in your mouth, and they are icy too! Mmmm love carb loaded days. Nothing better than those days and meals!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Strawberry Speeches

15 Linz @ Itz Linz June 26, 2013 at 10:34 am

i’m all about simple and easy right now!! and i’m not preggo!! haha i think it has something to do with not wanting to spend a lot of time in the kitchen during these hot summer months!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Peach Pie Protein Smoothie

16 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog June 26, 2013 at 10:41 am

I’ve never had an itchy belly, but I can only imagine how annoying it would be!

Good luck with the ultra-sound!! I think your meals still look delicious, even when they are simple and easy :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: When the Cat’s Away…

17 Amy @ The Little Honey Bee June 26, 2013 at 10:42 am

I love having Greek yogurt and berries for lunch too! Totally with ya on “simple and easy”…
Amy @ The Little Honey Bee recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday [2]

18 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples June 26, 2013 at 10:44 am

Easy and simple is good! Can’t believe it’s time for your last ultra-sound! It’s been so cool following your journey this whole time :) Happy Wednesday! ♥
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..What if You Only Had Tomorrow What You Thanked God for Today

19 Shel@PeachyPalate June 26, 2013 at 10:46 am

Watermelon is a totally underestimated flavour, loving it at the moment! Love snack filled lunches too, especially when they feature a whole load of fresh summer berries!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Straight from the cob

20 Lisa June 26, 2013 at 10:55 am

Fast and easy meals are usually my favorite. Carbs just are the best for that.
And Snack-y Lunches are definitely the best. Then you get a whole bunch of flavors and items.
Ah, being itchy is the worst feeling, hopefully it gets better soon!
Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Do You

21 Karen June 26, 2013 at 11:03 am

OMG, I LOVE the camel one, it’s so funny. Hope baby tooth shows his adorable little face soon for you. Have a great day!
Karen recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

22 Ashley @ Life and Fitness June 26, 2013 at 11:10 am

I’m all about simple meals during the summer months. Nothing is worse than making the house 100 degrees from the oven.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW- Dessert Is Back

23 Lauren June 26, 2013 at 11:37 am

Maybe try some coco-butter lotion with the oil, as well! I know my body loves shea and other butter-based lotions! And, honestly, this meal looks great! I mean, it doesn’t take a lot of preparation time but at least it’s not a microwave or take out meal! You’re doing homemade things in just less time! Don’t be so hard on yourself!

24 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) June 26, 2013 at 11:49 am

YUM! That panini looks amazing… do yall use a panini machine? I would love to make them at home but we don’t have one

25 Courtney June 26, 2013 at 11:53 am

Yep! We have the Griddler Jr. from Cuisinart – works great :)

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Scooby Snacks?! How have I never heard of these?! I actually had to do a double take because I thought you were holding a Milkbone at first :lol:

I’m with you on the quick and easy meals lately. If something takes more than 10 minutes to throw together, chances are I’m not going to be eating it. Whiiiiich unfortunately (or fortunately?) means a lot of cereal for dinner…
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … sugar cravings .

27 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 26, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hmm an itchy belly is one symptom that I didn’t have. Sorry that I can’t help. But you’re getting so close!! You’re in the home stretch! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Mommyhood rocks.

28 Haley S June 26, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Coconut oil does wonders! TJ’s has the best (:

29 Annette@FitnessPerks June 26, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I’m wayyyy too lazy about making dinners/meals/planning right now too. I am just rolling with it. The mojo will come back, I am sure :)

I LOVE green grapes!!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Get Past a Plateau

30 Silvia @skinny jeans food June 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Haha, time for Jay to pick up the slack with cooking dinner! If not now, when?? You are 9 months pregnant. In the future, you’ll be feeding junior and Jay cooks dinner ;-) No?
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..Fitbid flex, 1 day later

31 Barbara June 26, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I would use a very rich lotion on your itchy belly, something with lots of emollients. You might want to ask your doctor for a recommendation. I like Aveeno lotions (they have a nice lavender calming one) It itches because the skin is stretched so much. This is when you really want to moisturize, because the dreaded stretch marks may show after you give birth, after your belly has shrunk back down considerably.

Also consider using a rich body wash if you don’t do so already – avoid soap.

Barbara

32 Heather June 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

One of my girlfriends used an ice pack on her stomach towards the end of her pregnancy! It just completely numbs your skin, and it was the only thing that worked for her.

33 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 26, 2013 at 2:44 pm

It has been so long since I had a sandwich for dinner…sounds so good! Especially with real bakery buns.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Eating at Home.

34 Christy June 26, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I’ve been using the Bella B tummy butter and it works great on my itchy belly… kinda expensive but worth every penny! I also rotate in the palmers cocoa butter formula for stretch marks.

35 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Oh, an itching belly does not sound good! I know how annoying an itch can be. Hopefully you get some relief soon!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Day With The Girls

36 Annie June 26, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Those paninis look immense! I’d never thought of doing them with “real” bread rolls! Must give it a try!

37 Danica @ It's Progression June 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm

The hotter summer gets the more I’m all about simple meals too! Yogurt + granola + berries never gets old.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..wiaw: butternut squash cooking attempt

38 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 26, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I hope the appointment went well!
Your lunch looks just perfect to me. It has every food group and is delicious!
And yes, those Scooby snacks are very dangerous. The boys I babysit always have them in the pantry and I can’t even let myself get near them for fear of eating the whole box!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..The “BAST” Job + WIAW

39 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 26, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Love those Italian ices and haven’t had one in forever!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 49

40 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 26, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I’m loving your simple and easy meals! Have you tried coconut oil on your belly? My friend swears by it! xoxo
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..WIAW: Eating My Emotions

41 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine June 26, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Balsamic mayo sounds genius! I need to try that stat.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..I have something to tell you

42 Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Absolutely love the rain gutter bookshelf idea! Looks so great! Book recommendations would be goodnight moon, the caterpillar book, and something dr. seuss!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Break Time

43 Amanda @ A Latte Learn June 26, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I normally prefer red over green grapes but for some reason your picture really makes me want some green! Btw, your ultrasound pic on Instagram today was adorable!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..USAF Museum Field Trip

44 Jessi June 26, 2013 at 9:15 pm

My belly was soooo itchy with both my babies. I used Bio Oil and I swear by it!!!! It’s great for preventing stretch marks too. I made it through both pregnancies without any. You should check it out . I always bought mine at the pharmacy…it’s pretty easy to find which is a plus :)

45 Brittany @ Balance and Bananas June 26, 2013 at 9:27 pm

They sell Scooby Snacks?! Where can I buy those?!
Brittany @ Balance and Bananas recently posted..Uhhhh am I doing this right?

46 Courtney June 27, 2013 at 8:22 am

I get mine at Price Chopper :)

47 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 27, 2013 at 1:41 am

You guys always make the best looking sandwiches! They look just like Panera Bread’s.

And I’m not sure if this would work on a pregnant belly itch…but I know that Hydrocortisone works wonders for most itches! I used to use a whole tub when I had itching skin problems and rashes.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Selah’s Birth Story

48 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure June 27, 2013 at 8:25 am

ohmygosh – that Panini looks so good it might be sinful! And..you should totally freeze those grapes. Frozen grapes in the summer = heaven. mmm!!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..In Case You Haven’t Heard it Lately…

49 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats June 27, 2013 at 8:36 am

1. I thought that Scooby snack was an actual dog treat.
2. I have never heard of pregnant bellies itching so you have blown my mind twice this post. I am going to be clueless when I get pregnant (no time soon!)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Three Things Thursday: Should food stamps be limited to ‘healthy’ purchases, Surviving Florida summer, and Why is Florida so embarrassing?

50 Kierston @candyfit June 29, 2013 at 10:25 am

Simple, easy and delish. I’m all about that :)

Hope your itchy belly is no longer itchy ;)
Kierston @candyfit recently posted..#RECIPEFRIDAY: Oh The Low Carb Pastabilities!

51 Jen June 30, 2013 at 7:18 am

I had the horrible belly itches with my first (pupp) and I ended up using calamine lotion on it. The coolness of it felt so good!