Another Date Night, While We Can

Hey hey! Good morning to all of my favorite readers! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Well, as always, the weekend came and went super quick and now here we are again on Monday. Luckily, the weekends seem to fly by when we’re having fun, which is exactly what we were doing. Friday night was low key…after two failed attempts at ordering food out (one place was closed, the other was either closed or just didn’t want to answer their phones) we stayed in, cooked Annie’s mac & cheese and hot dogs (<–how old are we, right?!), and just hung out. It was great.

Saturday started out with all the usuals – grocery shopping, work around the house…you know, all that jazz. Jay was doing a bunch of work on the back deck, so I decided to offer to help. I managed to help out with cutting some wood with the saw, but I think the heat started getting to me so I headed to the pool for a little while.

Saturday evening, we decided to squeeze in another date night (while we can!), complete with dinner and a movie. We headed out to  Angelo’s Prime Bar + Grill which we’d only been to one other time, a little over a year ago.

We started out with some of their 7 Hour Cherry Pepper Pork, but I forgot to snap a photo of it. We did get it the last time we went though, in case you’re curious, and it was just as delicious as we remembered. For my dinner, I ordered the Chicken Maria, which was probably one of the most perfectly cooked pieces of chicken ever, topped with aged balsamic, arugula, and red and golden tomatoes, served with some rather tasty shoestring fries.

Jay wound up ordering the “Boss” burger, which absolutely lived up to its name. OMG it was so good.

I wound up only eating half of my sandwich, thanks to the pork filling me up…and as much as I wanted to get that incredible chocolate cake that they serve (seriously, one of the best I’ve ever had!) I just couldn’t do it.

Instead, we left not overly stuffed and headed off to our movie…

You guys…have you seen this movie yet?? Freakin’ hilarious. If you get a chance, please go see it. Jay and I both laughed our faces off while splitting  a box of scrumptious Raisenets. Mmmm, one of my favorites.

Sunday, the two of us headed out to visit with my parents for a couple of hours before coming back home to get some stuff done. The original plan was to work on the back deck a bit more, but Mother Nature had other plans so that was nixed. Instead, we stayed low inside and eventually wound up making some dinner.

Yes, we ate breakfast and lunch too, but my photo taking was obviously super sporadic this weekend. 😉

Dinner was delicious though…

We heated up some leftover french fries from Saturday, I sauteed up a zucchini, and we had those along with some amazing grilled chicken sandwiches, topped with provolone, turkey bacon, avocado, and a little homemade garlic mayo.

A few hours later, it was time to dig into dessert…

For those of you who have had the pleasure of eating a Friendly’s watermelon roll, you probably already have an idea of how absolutely amazing this watermelon sherbet is. It was on sale at Price Chopper on Saturday and I just could not resist.

So last night, I scooped myself out a nice big bowl of it, topped with some mini chocolate chips.

My only regret is that I only bought one container of the stuff. I can tell you right now – between the two of us – this carton won’t last more than three days. We are in loooooove.

Soooo, a bit sporadic and lacking in pictures, but that was basically our weekend! How about you guys? What’s been shakin’ over in your neck of the woods??

Comments

I would NEVER think to buy Watermelon sherbet, but you make it look so delicious. Plus, I love the chocolate chips add. I’ll have to give it a try. Currently, my flavor of choice is Edy’s Salted Caramel Pretzel.

Great that you’re fitting in some last-minute date nights before the baby :-). I thought that movie might not be good, but I’m glad to hear you’re giving it rave reviews. Maybe I can convince the BF to go.

Our weekend was full of booze and food. I’m excited to get back to being healthy. Happy Monday!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..How to Get your Post-Holiday Healthy Groove Back

I have read on a couple blogs this morning to see that movie so I guess we better get to it!
    We had a date night last night and I told my husband we need to take advantage of these more before baby comes, we still have 4 months but time is flying!

Mhmm Annie’s Mac & Cheese is my jam! I hope you realize how much water I’m losing via drool from all of your food pics! THough, I have to admit, I’ve never been too big of a fan of sherbet. I prefer coffee and chocolate flavors!

That sherbet looks so yummy. I would go through that carton so fast! Also I am so excited to finally see a post saying that baby tooth is on the way :)

Yay for date nights :) Ugh I’ve been craving a burger lately, and that picture just assures me why. Ah, glad to hear that movie was good!! The commercial made it look pretty funny, I love it when the movie owns up to what the commercials make it out to be. I didn’t know they made Watermelon Sherbet!!! Looks super good :)
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..So Call Me Hippie

Looks like you had a great weekend of eats! Could there be anything more refreshing than watermelon sherbet. To be perfectly honest I have never had it but can only imagine how delicious it is especially with some chocolate chips on top!
    We spent the weekend camping up north and had a wonderful time hiking, eating, walking, and relaxing.
    Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..4th of July Photo Recap

So glad you two got to have another date night! Both of your meals look delicious. I won’t lie, the whole watermelon sherbet + chocolate chips thing sounds a little strange, but I’m glad you loved it. I think I’d love the watermelon sherbet, and of course I love chocolate chips, but I’m not sure how I feel about them together. 😉
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Door County Snapshots

All of that food looks absolutely amazing!!!!!! Glad you were able to get in a date night before things change :) I can’t wait to see that movie, I think it may be on the date night agenda for this coming weekend with the husband!
    Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Long Run Sunday

I absolutely CRAVED sherbet the end of my pregnancy! Maybe it was because it was the hottest summer on record and felt like a million degrees- not a good combo when you are about 40- 50 lbs heavier!

I was planning on going to that movie on Saturday with my mom but we ended up going to a concert instead… we might have to end up going! I haven’t been snapping pics of my eats either… OMG that sherbet look amazing though!
    Leigha recently posted..Heritage Half Marathon

Yay…date night is always so much fun! I haven’t seen that movie yet, but I’ve seen the previews for it and it looks really good! Hopefully, I’ll get to the movies soon!

OMG…that watermelon sherbet!!!!! I really need some of that in my life asap!!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #3 — A Few Firsts

Good girl getting that movie in. It really does become a treat when you are a parent to get to the movies. :) We were actually going to go this weekend and my parents were with my son. We got there and the power was out so we couldn’t. (Only in NH?) Good to know about the movie though bc I was looking for a comedy and didn’t know what was out!!!!
    Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Ladies Night at Skill of Strength

Dinner looks amazing and OMG they sell Friendly’s Watermelon Sherbet in a tub???? I need that, it is my favorite childhood desert… but with my luck I won’t get one close to me that sells it! It sounds like you had a great date night!
    Angel recently posted..Subscription Box Share!!

Yay for date nights and good food! I definitely don’t blame you for taking a break after sawing to lay by the pool. It is HOT outside! And I miss the Friendly’s watermelon rolls! My local froyo place has watermelon sorbet and I immediately thought of those! So good and refreshing!

UGH I want to see that movie so bad! My fiance thinks it’s going to be a chick flick. I keep trying to tell him it’s not. grr!
    I only went to my lake house again this past weekend. It was SO relaxing!
    Avocado on anything instantly makes it a thousand times more delicious!
    Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..Getting Back on Track

So many great food ideas :). I like watermelon and I like Sherbet so I’ll have to look around to see if I can find anything similar to that where I live.
    Bonding time sure is great. I hope you’ll have an awesome week!

I would probably never choose sherbert over ice cream but that watermelon sherbert looks mighty tasty in your bowl with the mini choco chips!!!

Somehow, I have a feeling you will have plenty of offers for babysitting when you and Jay want to go on date nights in the future. First grand baby= Enormously spoiled!!!
    Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..I Forgot it was Monday

18. Beth says

I looked back at your post from last year to see what the chocolate cake looked like…my husband works for Sysco Foods and that is their 6 layer chocolate fudge cake, which comes frozen and the restaurants just thaw it out. Hubs confirmed that Angelo is a customer, along with at least 20 other restaurants in our area – that cake is a big seller. If you want to know where else you can find let me know!

19. Kelsey says

Also saw The Heat this weekend… and was literallllllly crying! Funniest movie I’ve seen in a while! I bet your wishing you could just laugh that little baby out right about now! Anxiously awaiting the baby update!

Saw that movie on the 4th – it was hilarious!

Have you ever tried Raisinettes in popcorn?! Every so often I’ll bring a bag of natural, unflavored popcorn with me to the movies and pour my Raisinettes in – sounds weird, looks weird, but tastes amazing!!
    Caitie @ twentytwofit recently posted..Focus, girl!

• Courtney says

Ohhh yes yes!! The Prime in Albany or the one we went to? Either way, they’re both amaaaaazing! :)

My husband would LOVE that watermelon sorbet! I wish there was a Friendly’s around here! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend….and all of the food you DID manage to photograph looks absolutely delicious! I can’t believe your little on is going to be here soon! I’m so glad you’re getting to soak in the last few days as a family of 2!
    Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..A Weekend with the In-Laws and MIMM #4

Trackbacks