Yummy and Funny

by Courtney on July 8, 2013

Gooooood morning!

WELL…here’s to hoping that today is a gazillion times less hectic than yesterday. Work was ca-raaaaaazy busy and when I say I was on the phone for hours on end with airlines and travel agents, I’m not even kidding. Woweeee. On the plus side, it did make the day go by super quick…on the negative side, I didn’t get much of a chance to think about anything other than what I was doing.

Soooo, last night I started roaming through my phone (while taking breaks from playing Candy Crush, of course) and realized there were a few yummy (and funny) gems on there that I haven’t had a chance to share with you all. Not that they’re anything all that super exciting, but hey, I felt like chatting today.

Now tell me…how many of you guys love snack plates just as much as I do?

Not only do I love having all the different colors, but I just love all the variety of flavors. Turkey + provolone roll-ups, Kashi crackers, veggies, and hummus. I’m pretty sure that this was eaten over the weekend at least three weeks ago, but now after seeing it again I’m ready for another one.

Last week, there was a random day where a few of us at work were originally planning on going out for lunch, but then plans fell through. Of course, I didn’t bring my lunch since I thought we were going out, so I wound up running out to Bruegger’s to grab a “veggie bagel” with hummus.

I put “veggie” in quotations, because apparently their idea of a veggie bagel was lettuce, one slice of tomato, and onion. I mean, it had good flavor, don’t get me wrong…but when I read “veggie bagel,” I want LOTS of veggies!

A couple weeks ago, Jay and I got a little carb crazy with one of our weeknight dinners. Nothing like a box of Annie’s (I think these were some sort of parmesan noodles?) and some chicken sausages with sauteed peppers and onions. Oh, and ketchup. Duh.

The more I think about it, I’ve actually been craving carbs – especially pasta – quite a bit this past month. Although I do crave them all the time, they’ve just totally been my go to as of late. Can’t. Get. Enough.

Now here’s a funny little story for you all about our pal, Cody.

Picture above from one of my favorite Cody posts of all time

Because of my allergies to the little furball, we always keep our bedroom door closed off. During the day, or as long as we’re not actually in the room, this is not an issue. But as soon as we’re in the room and Cody knows it, he will sit at that door and scratch away at the carpet until someone comes back out.

So when it comes to bedtime, we basically build a barricade in front of our door, complete with a piece of foil on the floor and three pillows stacked up in front of the door. Why the pillows too? Oh, well that’s because he’ll still get all up on that foil and just constantly scratch on the door from his hind legs. He’s a piece, I’ll tell ya.

The other morning, I opened the door only to see that he happened to find a new way to enjoy the pillows…

Little guy apparently made himself a nice big bed out of all the pillows and my gosh did he look comfy.

I’m just glad he stayed there long enough to grab my phone so I could show Jay what he was up to. Too funny.

Soooo yeah…that’s what I’ve got for ya this morning. A little random, but hey, who doesn’t like a little randomness every now and then?

By the way, the Baby Tooth page was updated this morning, complete with a sneak peek of the (not quite finished) nursery!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone! :)

1 Linz @ Itz Linz July 9, 2013 at 9:46 am

haha my dog zoey loooooves curling up into any pillows or blankets!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Dimvaloo: Itz Lorna Jane in St. Louis

2 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 9, 2013 at 9:48 am

That is adorable! I am allergic to cats too! I love a good snack plate! I had one yesterday for lunch because there was nothing I wanted to eat!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..MyOwnBalance Does Martha’s Vineyard

3 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 9, 2013 at 9:51 am

Love veggie snack plates, especially with a little fruit mixed in. I’ve been loving TJ’s eggplant hummus, baby carrots, zucchini, pineapple and watermelon!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Butternut Squash Black Bean Burritos

4 Allie July 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

Cody sure does have a personality of his own, I love the little guy! He’s such a smart boy :)

5 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 9, 2013 at 10:26 am

That is so cute. Are you nervous that baby tooth might be allergic too?
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Engagement Pie (Peaches and Cream Pie)

6 Courtney July 9, 2013 at 10:33 am

Yep! But it’s out of my control at this point, so all I can do is hope for the best :)

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 9, 2013 at 10:34 am

Cats are just the best! Cody is such a cutie! He really got himself nestled in those pillows! He looks pretty comfy! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Things I’m Loving Lately — Beauty Edition

8 Leigha July 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

Cody! Oh my goodness he is so cute! I could use a random post too- I have a whole bunch of random eats that need to be shared!
Leigha recently posted..Heritage Half Marathon

9 Xai July 9, 2013 at 10:50 am

Cody is so cute! He’s some some comfy digs there huh.
Xai recently posted..Progress Update: Or Lack Thereof

10 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 9, 2013 at 10:54 am

I’ve been loving snack plates lately too! A mix of chopped up veggies and fruit, crackers, and hummus is my favorite combo!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..How to Know When You’re Overdoing It

11 Angela @ Health's Angel July 9, 2013 at 11:02 am

Hahahaha, Cody. That is seriously too funny. Reminds me of my dog, Copper. He’ll make beds out of anything. I was riding in the back of my parents car the other day with him, and he insisted on laying down right on top of my purse. Animals are great. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..On Taking Vitamins

12 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution July 9, 2013 at 11:09 am

My cats scratch at our bedroom door too!! Oh my goodness, that’s hilarious! We build a barricade of a baby gate with a chair in front of it that (sort of) works. haha.
We are in the process of buying a house, and the entire third floor is a master suite but there is no door to the room, so I don’t know how we’re going to keep them out when we move. We may have to buy/hang a door first thing!

I love my cats, but they are too disruptive to my sleep!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..The Graduate

13 Annette@FitnessPerks July 9, 2013 at 11:14 am

Mmmm snack plates are the bomb diggity!

14 Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 9, 2013 at 11:20 am

Aww I love Cody! Cats find the most ridiculous and adorable positions to sleep in. My kitty will jump up and come sleep with you if you any and every time you lie down. She also gets jealous of my laptop and will lie on top of it from time to time ;)

15 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 9, 2013 at 11:31 am

Hahahah I love the pics of Cody just chillen on his giant pillow bed. I am sure he will adjust not being the only baby anymore :)
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Overtraining And Using Exercise As Punishment

16 Jessica @ My Tasty Theatrical Life July 9, 2013 at 11:58 am

I love veggie snack plates! They are the best!!

17 Miranda @ Miranda Runs July 9, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I love snack plates! When I was growing up, whenever I “made dinner” I made “pick plates”, which were just snack plates! Whatever, it worked ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..The rest day that the world decided I wouldn’t take

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 9, 2013 at 12:43 pm

How disappointing about the veggie bagel! :( They need to add some roasted summer squashes and some avocado on there!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Vegetable Sandwich with White Bean Spread

19 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog July 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm

OMG how precious! That’s so sweet.

Good thing I am not allergic to dogs, because our lab sheds EVERYWHERE. And, he sleeps in the bed with us (my idea!). I just love having him snuggled up next to us all cozy :-) A couple nights ago, though, the big guy plopped down right in between us and proceeded to paw us both all night!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..How to Get your Post-Holiday Healthy Groove Back

20 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) July 9, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I just ate lunch and your food pictures make me hungry! Give me celery and PB!! Will you be going back to work after baby tooth is born?

21 Courtney July 9, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Yep, that’s the plan…not looking forward to that transition though! How about you?

22 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) July 9, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Hopefully you get lots and lots of time off to cuddle your baby boy!! My last day of work is in 2 weeks then I will be a full time mama

23 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl July 9, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I seriously love that you love your cat just as much as I love mine haha. I feel like a crazy cat lady sometimes. That is seriously so funny that he made his own bed in the pillows! How cute!!!
Snack plates are the BEST! I love to wrap slices of avocado in deli turkey meat. You should try it!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..My injury and a Race Cancellation

24 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 9, 2013 at 3:49 pm

What’s the foil do? I love animals personalities – so funny!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What to do when you don’t feel like blogging

25 Courtney July 9, 2013 at 3:57 pm

It’s supposed to prevent them from scratching and they’re supposed to be somewhat afraid of it I guess? Our guy sits right on it though! With the scratching, I’d say it works about 50% of the time with him ;)

26 Presley @ Run Pretty July 9, 2013 at 5:55 pm

My son devours the Butter/Parmesan flavor. I try not to give them to him very often, because he really doesn’t want anything else on his tray after that!
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..My Favorite Group Fitness Classes

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 9, 2013 at 6:01 pm

LOL Cats are so so weird. John is super allergic to them too – no cats over here for us! Thankfully Charlie sheds as much as five cats put together. I need to vacuum!

28 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 9, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Aww! Cody is so adorable! Haha! I love that he is nestled in-between the pillows! Silly cat.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My First Day Recap & The Rest of the Weekend!..

29 Ellie@Fit for the soul July 9, 2013 at 7:04 pm

How interesting, Courtney! We have a cat too but I’m really allergic to him. We always shut every door where I need access to and although that took a lot of getting used to for him when we got married, it made all the difference. I hope your baby will be allergy free! :D And ditto on the veggie comment. If I want veggies I want them piled up with lots of variety!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Life Through {Instagram} Photos

30 Karenann July 9, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Cody’s so precious! What a little character!

31 GiGi Eats Celebrities July 10, 2013 at 12:08 am

I love deli turkey meat… TOPPED WITH KETCHUP… And a little bit of mustard too ;) Hmmm So good!
GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Gwyneth Paltrow is Utterly Scrumptious

32 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 10, 2013 at 12:21 am

Hahaha! Cody is the most mischievous little thing. I think he’s just really smart. Tricked you into giving up pillows so he could snuggle all night. Umm….your eats look delish as of late. I have a turkey/veg. bagel almost daily…yum!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..I’ve Been Holding out on You

33 Josefine July 10, 2013 at 5:01 am

Cody is just too fun!
I was wondering when your maternity leave starts? In Denmark it starts a month before the due date and the dad get 2-3 weeks after the baby is born (depending on your place of employment).
Do you just keep working until you go into labor?

34 Courtney July 10, 2013 at 8:30 am

Well Denmark certainly sounds appealing right now! ;)
Maternity leave can really start whenever you want, but you’re usually only given a certain amount of time. For me, I’m getting 12 weeks of leave from work, so I’m trying to stay at work as long as I can so any time that I DO get can be used after the baby is here. Jay will be taking a couple of weeks off, but he has to use his own time. Certainly not the most ideal here in the US!

35 Josefine July 10, 2013 at 8:51 am

Well ok, then I can understand that you’re waiting!
But 12 weeks isn’t long… In Denmark you get at least 6 month with full salary and sometimes 9 months. Its actually become pretty common that the mom stay home for 6 months and then the dad takes 3 months maternity leave.
If you want maternity leave up to a year you get a small amout from the state instead of your salary. But then most uses their vacation to prolong their materity leave.

36 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 10, 2013 at 8:46 am

Hey, at least he made the best out of the can’t-get-in-the-bedroom situation ;-) And definitely on the snack plates, one of my favourite ways to eat lunch!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: I’m Kind of Boring.

37 Karen July 10, 2013 at 9:27 am

I am loving snack plates as well. The veggie bagel looks so good as well. Cody is super cute. Really missing my kitties now but know they are much happier.
Karen recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

38 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian July 16, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Haha, Kenneth and I have this same problem (only it is not because he’s allergic, he just doesn’t want her hair everywhere – which does not really work anyways). However recently since it’s been super hot lately, we have left the door open with a few boxes in place (since we are moving soon-ish), and she just sits there. I thought about tempting her, so a picked her up and put her in “the room;” where she instantly jumped out. Now we have progressed to leaving the door completely open, and she just sits outside looking in. However, she does still talk to us a lot; especially when we’re going to bed or waking up (but refusing to leave the bed). So I can completely agree to your story! :)
Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian recently posted..Support some Missionaries or Just Read Their Blogs