WIAW: Successfully Finished

by Courtney on July 9, 2013

Hey folks! Happy Wednesday! How’s the week going for everyone so far?

We’re still truckin’ along over here – me and the babe in the womb, that is. Last night, I had a bout of some pretty painful contractions but, alas, I’m still off to work this morning. Nothing major happening just yet!

So I actually happened to document a full day of eats this week (who knew?!) so here we are, back to celebrate another lovely edition of WIAW. Let’s take a look…

Breakfast

A bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp (looooove this cereal!) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk + some decaf iced coffee.

Mid-Morning Snacks

A banana (which was supposed to go in my cereal but I forgot)…

and then about an hour later, a pumpkin pie flavored Larabar ALT bar that I found stashed in my desk. Thank goodness it was in there because I was staaaaarving yesterday morning.

Lunch

A little random and a little lame, but that’s what I get for giving myself about two seconds to prepare my lunch in the morning so hey, what are ya gonna do?

A tossed a bunch of baby carrots in a baggie and then took a leftover mini sweet potato and loaded it up with basically anything I could grab quickly from the fridge…that included some salsa, a dollop of sour cream, and about a 1/4 of an avocado.

You know, it was definitely random but it wound up being quite tasty, if I do say so!

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Granted, as tasty as it was, that little lunch was nothing that was going to hold me over for too long. Thank goodness I knew that though and wound up packing a little mid-afternoon snack, too.

A vanilla Chobani with lots of fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. YUM!

Dinner

This is no secret these days, but I really, really have no desire to do much in terms of dinners. Anything quick and easy is my go-to, and if there’s leftovers? Even better. We still have some grill food leftover from the 4th of July, so Jay and I kept it simple and cooked up some of that, along with a couple ears of corn on the cob for ourselves.

My grill food was two (gasp! How crazy of me?!) hot dogs (I found these lean beef franks at Target and they’re really good!) – one with a bun and half a slice of cheese, one without, both with ketchup and mustard. It totally hit the spot.

Dessert

It’s a recycled photo but, as promised, I enjoyed the same delicious bowl of watermelon sherbet topped with mini chocolate chips as I did on Sunday.

And for those of you who aren’t quite sure of the sherbet + chocolate chip combo? TRUST ME…it is out of this world! Just like the real watermelon roll from Friendly’s! Winking smile

And, FYI…Jay and I have successfully finished off the carton. It is GONE. Boooooo.

So how about you guys? What’s been some of the awesome and amazing food you’ve been craving and enjoying these days??

1 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian July 10, 2013 at 9:44 am

I LOVED the watermelon roll as a kid – it was always a challenge to try and get the perfect slice. haha
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #56: San Diego Eats {What I Ate Wednesday}

2 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 10, 2013 at 9:48 am

Your lunch looks like mine lately! A random collection of whatever is in the fridge.
I’ve never seen the ALT bars from Larabar, I’ll have to check them out!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (Book Review)

3 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty July 10, 2013 at 10:09 am

Sometimes throwing a bunch of random things into a meal makes for the most delicious dishes!
I have really been into making homemade dark chocolate lately. It is SO incredibly simple. I use raw cacao powder, coconut oil, almond butter, and stevia to taste. I have flavored it with mint too which turned out excellent! It’s a healthy treat!

4 Jenny July 10, 2013 at 10:10 am

Even with a Friendly’s literally two miles down the road from me I’ve never had the watermelon roll!! Now I regret it because they closed down. I’m going to have to give your version a whirl. :)
Jenny recently posted..Genetic Roulette {Documentary on GMO’s}

5 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 10, 2013 at 10:12 am

Sometimes random lunches turn out to be the best, and yours certainly looks fab! I still need to get some of that sherbet! :-)

I made a baked blueberry coconut oatmeal the other day and it’s soooo good! And topped with some almond butter…even better!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #5 — Trying New Recipes

6 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns July 10, 2013 at 10:14 am

Your food always looks so good! How is the LaraBar ALT?? I’ve seen them but haven’t heard how they are. I had the UBER one and wasn’t a fan. Mmmm Watermelon sorbet sounds so good. Makes me want froyo even more :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Happy 1 Year Anniversary

7 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:37 am

They’re really good! I like them a LOT better than the UBER ones – the ALT bars are just like regular Larabars, just with added protein :)

8 Melissa July 10, 2013 at 10:14 am

Always yogurt of any kind, but particularly greek, mixed with fresh fruit in season and crunchy cereal! So refreshing and yummy! Especially this time of year.

9 Linz @ Itz Linz July 10, 2013 at 10:15 am

i’ve been all over this honey goat cheese & beet salad i’ve been making this summer. seriously, can’t get enough! that plus homemade pizza last night was a ridiculously good (and easy!) dinner that pleased the hubs and me!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Vanilla Coconut Protein Smoothie

10 Mandee July 10, 2013 at 10:15 am

Ok one night in the beginning of the summer, after many whipped cream vodka drinks, I was starrrrrving, so we snuck into the clubhouse at my friends complex and raided the leftover BBQ food from the party that night. I crafted and microwaved a cheese dog w 2 slices of cheese on top and still my friends think that was the weirdest thing ever. The one was all “Cheese like that, on a hot dog?” I’m like are you for real?! Cheese dogs, hello! They made me feel like I was the weird one! Please!

11 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:39 am

Hahaha, that is a great story :)

12 Katy July 10, 2013 at 10:20 am

My WIAW post today was all about the fresh summer flavors I’ve been craving. I’m currently loving anything that grows in the garden but especially berries. My fridge and freezer are stocked full right now! I’ve been putting them on cereal, yogurt, frozen yogurt, even salads. They are really brightening up my meals and taste buds!
Katy recently posted..WIAW: The Flavors of Summer

13 Leigha July 10, 2013 at 10:39 am

Having leftovers is the best- no cooking and delicious food! I’m not pregnant, but I have absolutely NO desire to make anything either! That sweet potato combo looks seriously amazing. I am loving avocado right now!
Leigha recently posted..Firecracker 5 Mile

14 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes July 10, 2013 at 10:44 am

Aww he will be here soon! Can’t wait to find out his name and see his sweet little face :-) I’m sure you can’t relate…
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..3 Years of Marital Bliss…

15 Nicole @ FruitnFitness July 10, 2013 at 10:47 am

Your random lunch sounds amazing! I love sweet potato with Greek yogurt and avocado. For not having much motivation to spend time in the kitchen it looks like you had the perfect summertime quick and easy dinner.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..WIAW – Busy work day

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 10, 2013 at 10:55 am

I haven’t been in the cooking spirit much lately either. I think the tiredness of pregnancy and mommy-hood will do that to ya! ;) Thank goodness for easy meals. The Crock Pot has been my lifesaver!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #88: Copy Cat Veggie Pizza

17 Lauren July 10, 2013 at 10:57 am

I really need to go get the watermelon sorbet at my local froyo place. You’re killin’ me with the thought of the Friendly watermelon rolls!!!

18 Jessica @ My Tasty Theatrical Life July 10, 2013 at 10:57 am

Love your blog!! Happy to be following :-)
My lunch yesterday was just the same- A random assortment of quick stuff in my fridge :-P
I have been on a serious juicing kick!! I love fresh juice. I also made this delicious BBQ Chicken Pizza with Mini Whole Wheat Pita. Holy yum! I may be making those again later this week :-P
Jessica @ My Tasty Theatrical Life recently posted..Black Beans & Chicken

19 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:40 am

Thanks Jessica! :)

20 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog July 10, 2013 at 10:58 am

I am totally down with the watermelon sherbert/chocolate chip combo. I think it sounds interesting! I actually made a dessert yesterday that reminded me of it: yogurt, strawberry/banana puree and a little more yogurt, topped with chocolate chips. Then, freeze it up, and you’ve got a delicious treat!

I’ve been craving avocados in a big way lately…so I ate one at every meal yesterday :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Everything Avocado and Wacky Ideas

21 Shel@PeachyPalate July 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

Really random but I’m totally envious of your gorgeously green avocados!!! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Nothing Beats Picking Your Own…

22 Kathryn July 10, 2013 at 11:09 am

I’ve actually been craving anything that has that tart-like taste to it (grapefruit, pickles, green olives).

23 Julie @ Better Life with Burgers July 10, 2013 at 11:18 am

Those contractions sound exciting! I think I would be so anxious with each one, thinking, “Is this it?!” Sending you lots of good thoughts!
Julie @ Better Life with Burgers recently posted..Maui in July Part II

24 Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 10, 2013 at 11:24 am

I love how great you are at food prepping! That’s something I really need to improve on!

25 Traci July 10, 2013 at 11:36 am

I’ve had that Friendly’s watermelon roll like, ages ago but I can attest that it’s incredible! I might need to bring it back. Anything cold sounds so good lately, but I’ve been trying to be healthy (so far) by picking up popsicle molds at Target and filling them with all different combinations like coconut milk + banana + chocolate chips.

26 Miranda @ Miranda Runs July 10, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I lovvvvve Kashi cereal! I had the Go Lean Crunch today on my greek yogurt! SO, SO good!

27 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 10, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I’ve been enjoying tons of BBQ food the past two weeks. I wish I could BBQ all year long! It’s easy and delicious.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW-Started With The Freezer

28 Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love July 10, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I’ve been lovin’ on some TJ’s oatmeal cranberry cookies. They’re so addicting!
Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love recently posted..Dealing with Weight Gain during Pregnancy

29 Annie July 10, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Almost always do two hot dogs – one with a (GF) bun and one without…even pre-pregnancy! Also, lately (32 weeks pregnant) I CANNOT get enough avocado, cottage cheese and watermelon. Those three things (sometimes together….sounds gross, I know) is all I’m craving these days!

30 Lauren July 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I’ve been craving avocado and sweet potatoes like nobody’s business! Not together, but I’ve been adding avocado to a lot of my meals and eating roasted sweet potatoes as snacks. Delish.
Lauren recently posted..Mango Mahi Mahi + (why i love lululemon)

31 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 10, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I actually love your lunch! I have the hardest time deciding what I want for lunch and that looks really good! Right now I’m eating a Greek couscous I made on Monday night for the rest of week. Simplicity is the best.
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..New and Notable: The Fitness Edition

32 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 10, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Well I wouldn’t say I’ve been ‘craving’ them, but I did just make lactation cookies today haha! Supposedly they help with your supply. I’ll have to let ya know if they work or not. ;) Of course, hopefully you won’t have supply issues like I did!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A new recipe (finally!)

33 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

Haha, well hopefully they help! :)

34 Kelly July 10, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I have to say I’ve actually NEVER had a Friendly’s Watermelon Roll, let alone the watermelon sherbet but man you have me sold. I need to run out and get some of that STAT.
Kelly recently posted..If you think about it, it is actually completely justifiable

35 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire July 10, 2013 at 2:08 pm

All I’ve been craving lately is smoothies! It’s so hot down here that I sweat getting ready in the morning…leading to smoothies every single day for breakfast!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..The Energizer Bunny

36 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 10, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I need to try that Friendly’s sherbert! I am looking for it this weekend. :) I’ve been on a corn on the cob kick lately too. It’s so yummy.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Trying to Get By…

37 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl July 10, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I saw that sherbert at my grocery store yesterday and immediately thought of you! I am not a fan of sherbert but I might like that. I’m back to loving peanut butter and banana combos of any kind. Last night I made spicy pulled pork lettuce wraps which were AWESOME!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..WIAW #1 (So Far)

38 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

You should TOTALLY try it!!! :)

39 Christine @ Gotta Eat Green July 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Mmm watermelon sherbet! What! That looks amazing.. I’m so jealous you got to enjoy that!
Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted..Purple Cabbage Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing

40 Alison July 10, 2013 at 3:44 pm

That watermelon sherbet sure looks gooooood!
There’s this sandwich that I’ve been LOVING lately. It’s mozzarella toasted on an english muffin with grilled chicken, spinach, and a schmear of avocado….YUM. I’ve already had it twice this week. But it’s only Wednesday! ;)
Also, my mom grilled some sweet potato with just fresh cracked black pepper and it’s so delicious.

41 Annette@FitnessPerks July 10, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I love sherbet–so that sounds awesome!

Corn on the cob has been tasty lately too–yumm!

I love your yogurt snack/fruit idea!

42 sara @ fitcupcaker July 10, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I love having sweet potato topped with all kinds of stuff, yum!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW- My Weakness & Mango Cilantro Salsa

43 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Love that Kashi crisp cereal and actually haven’t had some in quite a while. The sweet potato with avocado is such a great combo!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Camera Issues & WIAW

44 Tara@PNWRunner July 10, 2013 at 5:17 pm

How did you like the Pumpkin spice ALT bar? I loved it. Reminded me of Thanksgiving!
Tara@PNWRunner recently posted..Guest Blog- Nutrition meets Cancer

45 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

Definitely yummy! :)

46 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I hope ALT bars make their way up to Canada soon, I love the ingredients list in Larabars but the regular ones just don’t fill me up at all! And I love hotdogs right now, I just buy the all-natural beef ones and I’m good.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: I’m Kind of Boring.

47 Ellie@Fit for the soul July 10, 2013 at 5:57 pm

It’s nice seeing that I’m not the only “weird” one who loves and doesn’t mind random food thrown together. I guess that means we’re not picky eaters? :D And lately I’ve been looooving Enjoy Life’s snickerdoodle cookies! Ohhh mannn I was curious to see what they tasted like and I think it’s better than regular snickerdoodles. My husband thinks so too and eats them by the handful, which says a lot about a special/gf treat.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Life Through {Instagram} Photos

48 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:44 am

Mmmmm, I loooooove snickerdoodles!

49 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes July 10, 2013 at 7:04 pm

You definitely just reminded me that I have some ALT bars lying around!
Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes recently posted..Cardio Challenge

50 Nala July 10, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I think random lunches are great now and then – add an interesting kick to meal life =D I love kashi cereal for breakfast now and then! And your picture of dinner just made me realize I’m craving corn……big time.

51 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 10, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Avocado on sweet potatoes is the absolute best!!

And I used to LOVE hot dogs before I was a vegetarian. Now I make vegetarian versions. You should totally try my carrot “hot dogs”: http://cleaneatingveggiegirl.com/2013/07/02/vegan-carrot-hot-dogs/
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..A Slightly Monotonous WIAW: July 10, 2013

52 Becca July 10, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I have been loving me some salad beasts lately!!!! Grilled Chicken, Romain, Corn, and some smashed up cheesy pretzels with salsa for dressing… SOOOOO Yummy! :)

53 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:44 am

Woahhhh, smashed up cheesy pretzels?!? Hold the phone!! I need to try this ASAP!

54 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 11, 2013 at 12:27 am

Umm…I haven’t been wanting to cook at ALL either, but sadly, I have no excuse. Oops! Your dinner looks delish though. I LOVE fresh corn on the cob!! Fingers crossed Baby tooth shows up soon!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..WIAW #4, Sweet New Shoes, and Thoughts on Healthy Weight Gain

55 Kelly @ Femme Fitale July 11, 2013 at 8:44 am

That sweet potato topped with avocado is actually genius, and I’m not sure why I’ve never thought of that myself!!! Looks like a good day of eats to me :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..What’s In My Cart? (07/13)

56 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples July 11, 2013 at 9:04 am

I’m sitting at work eating a PB sandwich (on whole wheat sandwich thins) + grapes… I totally get what happens when you only give yourself 2 seconds to grab food in the morning!! lol :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Relaxation Response Produces Instant Change in Gene Expression

57 Brittany @ Balance and Bananas July 11, 2013 at 9:26 am

Wait, that’s genius to wrap the hot dog in cheese! I never thought of that! That’s like the perfect ratio too of hot dog to cheese. I gotta try it! Also, that watermelon ice cream looks delish! Some yummy eats for sure :)
Brittany @ Balance and Bananas recently posted..Ready, Steady, Stop

58 Gracie July 11, 2013 at 9:47 am

That loaded sweet potato looks SO good! Especially because I’ve been obsessed with avocado like crazy lately. I want it on everything I eat. It’s awkward.
Gracie recently posted..lessons lately.

59 Traci July 11, 2013 at 12:04 pm

This comment is fairly unrelated to the post, but I’m so proud and happy for you! You seem to be doing so well, and your baby is going to be so very loved. I truly enjoy following your blog as it seems now that you are one of very few HLB’s who represent healthy living – a life that’s MORE than food and MORE than sizes and weight, but one with love and friendship and family! Thank you! And, Congratulations! I look forward to catching up on the life of the little one.

60 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:45 am

Thank you so much, Traci! I really appreciate you taking the time to share that :)

61 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet July 11, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I’ve been craving the new Chobani flavors! I haven’t been able to find them yet!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..WIAW-Procrastination

62 Nicole @ Love and Running Shoes July 11, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Uhmm Pumpkin Lara Bar?! Why have I never heard of these before?!
Are they an all year round thing or only available in the Fall?
You have me craving pumpkin treats now!
Nicole @ Love and Running Shoes recently posted..Sleep? Whats that?

63 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:46 am

I’m actually not sure!? The company sent me it a couple months ago.

64 Marie-Sophie July 12, 2013 at 3:53 am

I find it fascinating every time I see the differences between the law in different countries! In Germany an employee has the right to go on maternity leave six weeks PRIOR to the due date as well as the right to stay home eight weeks after the birth – while being fully paid!

65 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 9:47 am

Apparently, I need to move out of the US :)

66 Marie-Sophie July 12, 2013 at 11:27 am

Frankfurt would be a GREAT place to move to! :-)

I could show you the best places for coffee, chocolate, cake, Sushi, the best Cafés … pretty much the big important things to survive!:-)