Fun Facts Friday {7/12}

by Courtney on July 12, 2013

1. Well, we’re officially up to 39 weeks today and the babe is still hanging out, nice and cozy in the womb. I’m glad at least one of us is nice and cozy. Sorry to disappoint, Alicia and Jen, haha!

message

2. Yesterday morning we had our weekly prenatal appointment. All is still going well, little big(?) guy is still moving around in there as much as he can, and I’m up to a whopping 1cm dilated and about 60% effaced. I’m just telling myself I’m going to go from a 1 to a 4 in about five minutes one of these days…hey, a girl can hope, right?

3. On Wednesday night, Jay and I went to our friends’ Brook and Andrea’s house for an incredibly delicious dinner of bbq pulled pork sandwiches, sweet potato fries, and a pretty killer broccoli salad.

Mal (aka, baker extraordinaire) made some delicious chocolate chip cookies which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Later that same evening, we all wound up playing the card/drinking game asshole. I can’t even tell you the last time I played this game, so I needed a bit of a refresher…I will say, however, that I did wind up getting to be President once.

I was pretty bad ass playing with my straight up water on the rocks. ;)

4. Still no real involved dinners happening for us at the house these days. But just because they’re casual, doesn’t mean they aren’t scrumptious!

Last night, I made myself some chicken salad with avocado, onions, green grapes, dried cranberries, a little light mayo, Dijon mustard, and some S&P. I then ate it open-faced on some toasted whole wheat bread and lots of  fresh spinach.

The corn on the cob? OMG…have you guys ever tried eating your ear of corn with a little bit of The Laughing Cow cheese? Jay and I each spread about half of a wedge of the Light Garlic & Herb flavor on ours and WOW…it will definitely be happening again.

5. My husband is great. As you know, we polished off our container of watermelon sherbet by Tuesday. But last night, after very briefly mentioning that I wish we had more, my guy drove out to the store and picked us up another container.

He’s a keeper. :)

6. No major plans on the agenda this weekend, which is a-okay by me. We were actually planning on spending it poolside, but now the weather is looking a little iffy for tomorrow. Funny enough, I also get paranoid about spending the whole day in the pool…what if my water breaks? Would one feel this happening while actually in the water?? I am OBVIOUSLY clueless…anyone out there have any experience with that one?

7. Truth: I get SUPER heated when I hear about the maternity leave that other countries offer women (and men!). Six months leave? Six weeks leave prior to giving birth fully paid?! Seriously, how is the US so absolutely horrendous with this?! Okay, rant over.

8. For the past week, I’ve been using a large exercise ball as my chair at work. I’m sure my co-workers find it amusing when they walk by and see my bouncing up and down at my desk. Hey, girl’s on a mission people! Joking aside though, I think I may keep up with the ball thing even after I bounce Baby Tooth out…I’m kinda liking it!

9. Did anyone else out there watch fellow blogger Colleen on last night’s episode of House Hunters?? Colleen, you crack me right up. Your facial expressions every time Cory talked about the toilet were hilarious.

10. I can’t remember if I’ve even mentioned this to you guys yet, but did you I tell you that we got central air installed in our house last week? Seriously, could not have been a better investment right now. Between my furnace of a body and the heat and humidity that’s been outside, it has been a LIFE SAVER. No exaggeration. They finished it within two days, and it has made me such a happy camper. No more hanging out in front of the window unit in the bedroom!

Aaaaand, that’s all I’ve got for ya today. Have a GREAT weekend everyone, and hey…send some positive baby vibes my way, please and thank youuuu. ;)

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

Haha #6 made me laugh. But it is a good question…I have no idea on that one! Woo hoo for central air! That must be glorious.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Five Friday Favorites

2 Hope @ With a Side Of Hope July 12, 2013 at 9:44 am

Congrats on the central air! It’s definitely really nice to have especially on these hot and humid days. :) That’s it, I’m on a mission this weekend to find the watermelon sherbet. You have got me craving it! Have a nice weekend!
Hope @ With a Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Some Snacks!!…

3 Linz @ Itz Linz July 12, 2013 at 9:50 am

holy cow i had no idea other countries were so much more generous with their maternity leaves!!! that is so unfair!!!! and the laughing cow + corn?? genius!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Free Barre Class in St. Louis

4 Nicole @ FruitnFitness July 12, 2013 at 9:52 am

That chicken salad looks really good, as does the dinner you had at your friends house. I’m glad you and baby tooth are still happy and healthy :)
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Pumpkin pancakes in the summer?

5 Sarah July 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

It has always upset me that the U.S doesn’t give moms a lot of maternity leave! In Canada we get 1 year paid maternity leave, it just doesn’t seem right that you are not afforded the same!

6 Kathryn July 12, 2013 at 10:02 am

Hey, I went from 1 cm to 10 and ready to push the baby out in under 4 hours….twice, so it’s possible, even with a first. I was told there was no way my daughter (my 1st) would come before 7 pm, and would most likely make her appearance the next day. The doc and nurse believed this so much, they almost didn’t check me at 12:30 pm when I told them I was pretty sure it was go time, lol.

Also, when my water broke, I felt it pop. The best way I can describe it is, imagine having a balloon in you that breaks. That’s what mine felt like, anyway.

7 Kelly @ Femme Fitale July 13, 2013 at 7:36 am

Mine too!! :) Followed by some warm water! hahaha
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..What’s In My Cart? (07/13)

8 Parita July 12, 2013 at 10:02 am

The maternity leave topic has been a big point of discussion in my company (we’re HQed in London, with employees all around the world). I agree with you – the US really needs to catch up with the rest of the world on this one!

Glad you’re hanging in there. Sounds like any day could be the big day now! So exciting. :)

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 12, 2013 at 10:03 am

Pulled pork and sweet potato fries…2 of my all time favs! I’m totally digging that chicken salad too!

Glad you got central air! I seriously don’t know how I’d survive without it! NJ has been hot and extremely humid these past few weeks!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Power Foods Friday

10 Ashleigh July 12, 2013 at 10:06 am

Yeah, here in Canada we get a year and it can be divied up between mum and dad. My friend came back to work after nine months and her husband spent three months with her twins. Great bonding time! I’m not a mother yet but I still couldn’t imagine only getting 6 weeks off.
I’ve heard some Nordic countries get two years off and free state run day care.

11 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 12, 2013 at 10:10 am

Central air has to be the best investment. I don’t know what I would do without my AC in the summer.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Engagement Pie (Peaches and Cream Pie)

12 Stacey M. July 12, 2013 at 10:13 am

So glad to hear everything is still going well with Baby Tooth … he will be here before you know it! So exciting!
I can understand your excitement about having central air. The house I bought about two years ago already had a central air unit, but it’s been crapping out on us this year and I think we need to replace it now … total bummer. I live in Upstate NY (about 3 hours Northwest of you actually!) and it’s been ridiculously hot and humid this summer – great time for the AC to die! Hopefully, we’ll get it fixed soon. I cannot sleep well in these conditions.
Aaaannnddd, I totally hear ya about the maternity leave thing. I’m not expecting or anything, but I’ve been thinking about having children more and more recently, just to prepare myself (way) in advance. It’s hard to imagine only having six weeks off from work after giving birth. I don’t think I’ll even be adjusted to being a parent in six weeks! So glad my mother will be there to help me with everything, and to babysit for us when I have to return to work.

13 Alys July 12, 2013 at 10:14 am

It is crazy that the US has such short mat leave. We just had our baby 3 weeks ago and my husband is off for 9 months now (in Canada). And women can take up too a year off. Hopefully the US will change soon! Good luck I the last week of your pregnancy! I went from being only 2.5cm and percent to 10cm pretty fast do hopefully that will be the case for you too!

14 Lindsay @ Fit with Farrar July 12, 2013 at 10:16 am

We are in the same boat – it’s so frustrating not to be making progress with dilation and effacement, especially when contractions are happening all the time!! I’ve been eating fresh pineapple, taking Evening Primrose Oil, sitting on the yoga ball, walking, exercising, sex – everything to hopefully encourage some progress!! These little boogers really do only come out when they are good and ready :) Good luck!!
Lindsay @ Fit with Farrar recently posted..Last Baby Farrar Update Before Delivery!

15 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle July 12, 2013 at 10:17 am

Ahh can’t wait for the announcement post! Congrats on the central air!! I really want to try that watermelon sherbet..sounds right up my alley. :)
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..Back At It With Big Ideas, a Vengeance and a Partial Fail

16 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

Can I just say how delicious that watermelon sorbet looks!? I have never seen such a thing but I know what I will be looking for next time I go to the store!

Sending postive thoughts your way for a precious baby boy soon!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Sexy Socks

17 Shel@PeachyPalate July 12, 2013 at 10:26 am

Never thought I’d have to say it but we totally need air conditioning at the moment in Ireland. Almost 30 degrees…pretty much record highs! Have a great weekend…and totally understand your maternity leave rant. The US is so behind the times!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Heavy handed with the dressing

18 *Christine* July 12, 2013 at 10:27 am

I sit on a large exercise ball at work everyday too (im not pregnant tho, lol). It helps my posture and I can 100% feel it at the end of the day. I love it :)

19 Faith@The Stirring Place July 12, 2013 at 10:28 am

Got my fingers crossed for you! Have a great weekend!!
Faith@The Stirring Place recently posted..A lost phone and unexpected joy

20 Melissa @Forloveandtravel July 12, 2013 at 10:35 am

I’m so excited for you, any day now and Baby Tooth will be here. I’m sure all your readers are just as excited for you. When he’s older you can tell him you wrote all about his arrival and we were all here to observe. Good Luck this weekend, you just never know.
Melissa @Forloveandtravel recently posted..4th of July Shenanigans

21 Stephanie July 12, 2013 at 10:39 am

You never know- I went from a fingertip dilated at my 39 week apt to 4cm 5 days later, and had him that night! Also with the exercise ball, I did the same thing before I delivered. Careful what you wish for though, I spent countless hours on that ball with him bouncing away with some slight colic!! Either way, it always relaxed him.

22 Lauren July 12, 2013 at 10:45 am

They told us in childbirth class that you most likely wouldn’t know if your water breaks in the bath tub so I imagine the same for the pool. I’m trying sitting on an exercise ball at work today. My office chair is just not comfortable but I will have to get used to this ball for sure! I have 9 weeks to go!

23 Lisa July 12, 2013 at 10:55 am

I thought it was normal for people to get about 6 month leave with pregnancy I guess not in the States, since that seems pretty good and it makes sense. I completely agree with your rant. And I love my exercise ball. I actually use it as a chair in my office all the time, I love that thing.
Hopefully baby tooth comes out soon! So close now!

24 Sherri July 12, 2013 at 11:00 am

As a mom-to-be (due Sept 6) I can completely appreciate your frustration about the maternity leave situation here in the states. I am a Canadian living in the CT/NYC area for my husband’s job. I am not allowed to work since I am here on my husband’s visa and we do not yet have green cards, so I will be a stay-at-home mom. I recognize how lucky I am to be able to stay home with my baby and I wish every mother had the choice.

I will say though, having lived in Canada for 27 years, that FREE health care (and one-year maternity leave) does not equal QUALITY health care (also note that you do not get paid 100% of your wages during maternity leave. It can be as low as 50% of your wages, which yes, I know is better than nothing but it’s also not manageable for a lot of people and they wind up going back to work early anyway). Living here in CT I have had exceptional pre-natal care, which unfortunately isn’t the case for some of my pregnant girlfriends back home. They struggle to find a good ob/gyn, to have regular appointments, and usually only get a one or two ultrasounds throughout their entire pregnancy. Aside from that, have you heard what wait times are like in Canadian emergency rooms or how long one must wait to get an MRI or see a specialist (this includes dermatology, gastroenterology, cardiology, etc)? Canadians pay astronomical taxes to enjoy their free health care… but they are also forced to accept whatever level of care is offered – and it’s usually sub-par.

Anyway I guess what I’m saying is that no country is perfect and there are always problems with the different systems that are in place.

Didn’t mean to sound like I’m ranting – just frustrated that no country seems to be able to get it right… not just the US!

Crossing my fingers for an appearance by Little Man sooner rather than later!

25 Lauren July 12, 2013 at 11:09 am

LOL I was cracking up during House Hunters. Her facial expressions are definitely priceless. And I can just imagine you bouncing up and down on the ball saying, “Come on little guy make a move”! Haha! Aww, what a great husband! :D Lucky girl indeed!

26 Keelie (Sweat Equals Success) July 12, 2013 at 11:10 am

The Laughing Cow corn trick is the most genius thing I’ve ever seen. And I will do it. Now.
Keelie (Sweat Equals Success) recently posted..Zucchini Bowl- Or the day that my life changed forever.

27 Molly July 12, 2013 at 11:34 am

YUM! That chicken salad with avocado looks delicious!!

28 Suzanne @ Mixing It Up July 12, 2013 at 11:40 am

Living in Texas I just assume every house come equipped with central air, but I guess not! I can’t imagine trying to get through the heat of Summer, 9 months pregnant without it!

I wish I could have seen that House Hunters. It is one of my favorite shows but since I started back to school, I have no time for my favorite shows.

29 chelcie @ chelcie's food files July 12, 2013 at 11:49 am

its crazy how much better other countries are with maternity leave..i first learned about that from our good family friends that live in Norway..even the husband’s get like 2 months maternity leave! thats the way it should be! i hope you get to meet the baby real soon! so excited for you both!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Food and Fitness Friday

30 Nicole July 12, 2013 at 11:54 am

GobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabygobabyGOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(Say that like you’re watching baseball and trying to psyche out a batter at the plate.) :)

31 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 12, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Lol @ number 6. That is a good question but I have no idea! I probably missed it in one of your posts but when is your due date?
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Fun Facts Friday

32 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Next Friday, the 19th :)

33 Sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com July 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm

those cookies look delicious!

34 Nala July 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Hi Courtney! I’m sure everything will happen in the right time and Baby Tooth will be here soon! And may I see that Chicken salad looks absolutely delicious with that corn! I better try some cheese spread on corn some time! Have a great weekend =)

35 sara @ Fitcupcaker July 12, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Your meals still do look very tasty, just because you arent slaving in the kitchen for hours doesnt mean its not good!
sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..6 Minute Plank Tabata & Giveaway Winner

36 Running Rosa July 12, 2013 at 12:35 pm

When my water broke, there was NO mistaking it. It felt like an intense release of pressure and like I was losing control of my bladder (TMI? but having a baby always leads to too much TMI, right?). It was a crazy feeling!

BTW – I want to gobble up those cookies! Mine never look like that!

37 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Good to know! :)

38 Vejur July 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm

It’s such a shame that so many US companies don’t give more maternity leaves. My company gives 3 months, and I think you can take more than that unpaid and your job will still be here when you choose to return! Pretty generous by US standards. No wonder there are so many pregnant ladies around here!

Sending labor vibes to you today!
Vejur recently posted..Freedom

39 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 12, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I always lose when playing asshole–not my best game. That watermelon sherbet looks so good. Have you ever had the watermelon roll from Friendly’s? It’s the best during the summertime!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Hamptons Beach Wear

40 Courtney July 12, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Oh definitely! That’s why I love their sherbet and top it with the mini chocolate chips. It’s basically the watermelon roll, minus the “rind” part! :)

41 Allie July 12, 2013 at 1:24 pm

come on girl, pop that little guy out!! I can’t wait to see his ridiculously adorable face. Good luck girl!!

42 Jen July 12, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Hang in there! I wasn’t at. all. dilated when my water broke with my daughter. Anything can happen, it’s all random!

43 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog July 12, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Bestill my heart! Any guy that goes out to get you watermelon sherbert when you run out is definitely a keeper!

Sending you positive baby vibes!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Kitchen Adventures: Healthified Bacon French Toast Cupcakes

44 Lauren July 12, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Haha that’s honestly not a dumb question I’d be worried about going in the pool too. I don’t see how you’d feel it? Regardless I hope it happens soon I bet you’re so ready for the waiting period to be over! I’m sending good vibes your way :)
Lauren recently posted..Hard Day + *recipe*

45 Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom July 12, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Yeah, I’ve heard that maternity leaves in the US are not so good. I’m fortunate to live in Canada, and as a teacher, I got a whole year off (plus an added month because my daughter was born on July 26th)! But that being said, I’m itching to go back in September. 13 months with no adult conversation and fixating only on a baby is exhausting and I’m really looking forward to getting the career part of me back.
Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..First Birthday Expectations

46 Xai July 12, 2013 at 2:18 pm

The US really needs to get with the program when it comes to maternity leave! Oh and those cookies look picture perfect! Sending good vibes and well wishes!
Xai recently posted..5 Incredible S’mores Recipes That Are Perfect For Summer (Or Whenever Really)

47 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 12, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I think you’d still be able to feel your water break mainly because I think there would be some sort of sensation that liquid was coming out of your body. Just my thoughts – and I’ve also heard that only 15% (or so) of women have their water break before starting active labor. So my thoughts are that you’ll KNOW you’re in labor before your water actually breaks. However, if it does break, the best place would be the pool hahah – no clean up required!

Also, I totally get Colleen’s eye rolling about the toilets. We have to have the exact same kind for my 6’5″ husband. That was a NECESSITY when we were renovating our bathroom. ::sigh::

48 Annette@FitnessPerks July 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Haha.. good point on #6–I never would’ve thought of that?!? hah. Good luck with that one.

He is a keeper–so nice of him to get you sherbet!

mmmm good call on the corn & the cheese. Gotta try it!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..What I’ve Been Loving Lately: Food, Dates, & More

49 Krystan July 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm

My husband has the same question about my water breaking when I went swimming a few weeks ago. I feel like it would at least be like you peed in the pool. and you also continue leaking, so once you got out of the pool, and the water didn’t dry up, lol, you’d probably figure it out! Good luck, this waiting game is the toughest part (I think – the last month has been slower than the whole pregnancy combined). I’m 4 days overdue with no “signs” of impending labor! Just want to meet the little guy already!

50 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 12, 2013 at 3:49 pm

One of the things that makes me happy to be a Canadian is our paid maternity leave. It’s not quite as good as it is in some European countries, but it could definitely be worse.
I’m making corn on the cob tonight, but the only laughing cow I have at home is the strawberry which probably wouldn’t work so well ;-)

Sending you good baby vibes!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 07/12/13.

51 Jean July 12, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I used to LOVE playing asshole in college! We used to play the drinking version and it was so much fun. Might need to bring it back after seeing your post. :)

52 Lisa July 12, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Well here in Germany pregnant women are off work 8 weeks before their due date of course paid and they have the chance to be a stay home mum for a whole year which I think is pretty awesome :) and most women actually take this chance before they return to work.

53 Lauren July 12, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Sending you lots of luck he comes sooner rather than later! I was induced a week late and sooo impatient! Tried exercise balls, rasberry tea, you name it. I finally accepted it and tried to enjoy my week of childless maternity leave :-)

54 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I used to LOVE playing asshole in college (or really any drinking card game ;)). It has been far too long since I have played some of those.

And I was LOVING the House Hunters episode last night. I actually did not realize it was Colleen at first, but I just kept looking at her thinking, “man, she looks SO familiar!!” I was almost convinced that I had already seen the episode even though it said it was “new” ;).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Friday Foodie Favorites: July 12, 2013

55 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats July 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm

It may have also crossed my mind that you gave birth :) enjoy your last few BT-free days!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

56 Annie July 12, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I would love a little more time off – but could not imagine taking a full year of paid maternity leave. So much changes at work…even in a matter of months!

57 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I’m with you on the maternity leave! Because I had worked at my job for less than a year, I wasn’t even allowed to take 12 weeks off (unpaid) … I could only do the 6 weeks (even though I had a c-section!!). Fortunately, I worked for a school district and it worked out that summer break was right after my 6 weeks ended. And now I’m planning on staying home next year. So it all worked out. But I do agree that it’s ridiculous!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A new recipe (finally!)

58 Kierston @candyfit July 12, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Chicken salad sounds awesome!

Have a great weekend! Hoping the sun stays out to shine :)
Kierston @candyfit recently posted..#RECIPEFRIDAY: Low Carb Chocolate Protein Brownie Sundae + NuNaturals Giveaway!

59 Amanda Sechrist July 12, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I tried the sherbet and chocolate chips tonight! Delicious! I’m not pregnant, but I certainly had a sweet craving.
Amanda Sechrist recently posted..Week in Review

60 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl July 12, 2013 at 7:14 pm

#7 … Ummm seriously. Tell me about it. Makes me happy that I will be a stay at home mom for a bit. My brother lives in Singapore and his BOSS (of a national bank) got 5 weeks before she gave birth off plus 5 months paid leave and THEN 6 weeks of vacation time that same year! all paid! What is wrong with our country…treat our mommas better!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..Fun Facts Friday

61 Cheri July 12, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I hate to have you left hanging on the water breaking issue, but it just all depends. Every pregnancy is different. My first I felt pop and it gushed and I went into heavy labor so it would gush (TMI?) every contraction. The second I didn’t feel a pop, didn’t go into heavy labor (although I was definitely in labor) and it sort of dribbled down my leg and did a slow leak from there. Good luck!

62 Silvia @ skinny jeans food July 12, 2013 at 8:14 pm

You and The Great Catherine, hanging in there ;-)
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Of cream and mint

63 Stina @StinaOnTheMove July 12, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Sending all the positive labor wishes to you! You will be great!!

Yes, I can see that the laws in other countries are much more appealing to mothers. We are in Germany right now and my SIL stayed home for about a. couple of years with their first two kids (they are a year apart). Even better, for this entire time, she received pay (for some months only partial), and they had to keep her position available for her to start after she came back.

You can come move here and we can be neighbors! But you would have to bring the pool and the central air, because we have neither of those at our apartment. ;)

Happy weekend!! We are all waiting with you!
Stina @StinaOnTheMove recently posted..cheap TP, an experiment, spiders, and how the orthopedist killed me.

64 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny July 12, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I’m jealous of the central air – we don’t even have an air conditioner! We’re on the ground floor and my fiance’s super paranoid about break-ins!
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Italian Summer Pasta Salad

65 sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 13, 2013 at 1:12 am

Ok, when you didn’t post Thurs., I was totally guilty of thinking you were at the hospital…rats! I’m drooling over that chicken salad sandwich! I know what I’m making this weekend! And I have no idea how you’ve lived without central AC! I would die! Then again, I do live in Alabama. :-)
sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Fun Facts Friday (7/12/13) and a Needed Recommendation!

66 Mary July 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm

My doctor broke my water for me but I had been in labor for hours so don’t worry if you dont feel it break. Contractions are usually pretty clear!

67 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 13, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I think you addressed this before, but how much time are you taking off? I agree that maternity leave is too short! I’m hoping that whenever I have a baby, I’m able to take a full 12 weeks but I know myself and I KNOW I won’t think even that’s enough. Sigh…

68 Courtney July 13, 2013 at 5:14 pm

12 weeks but I’m with you…I know it still won’t feel like enough!

69 Michelle July 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I never thought to have laughing cow on corn! good call though! yum!
Michelle recently posted..5 ways to enjoy new Yoplait Greek Yogurt

70 Lauren July 14, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Can you pretty please with a cherry on top promise to post a quick post (or Jay) when you’re in labor? :) xooxoxoxo

71 Courtney July 15, 2013 at 8:12 am

Haha, yes, we’ll definitely keep you guys in the loop! :)

72 Miz July 15, 2013 at 7:51 am

late to the fun facts but sending you happyhealthyMAMAVIBES!!
Miz recently posted..Maintainence isnt sexy.

73 Jessica B July 16, 2013 at 10:37 am

just catching up on blog posts and YES YES YES you will be able to feel your water break!!! I wasn’t in the water when mine broke but i can only imagine you would absolutely be able to feel it — and it doesn’t stop coming out (TMI?) until after your done delivering!!!

74 sam July 20, 2013 at 9:57 pm

This is a really good read to me. Must acknowledge that you are among the coolest blogger I at any time saw. Thank you for posting this useful information. This was just what I was upon looking for. I am going to come back to this web site for sure!
sam http://community.babycenter.com/journal/profitgun46/10480876/ten_astonishing_details_on_kidney_disease_relayed_via_an_expert