2. Yesterday morning we had our weekly prenatal appointment. All is still going well,
little big(?) guy is still moving around in there as much as he can, and I’m up to a whopping 1cm dilated and about 60% effaced. I’m just telling myself I’m going to go from a 1 to a 4 in about five minutes one of these days…hey, a girl can hope, right?
3. On Wednesday night, Jay and I went to our friends’ Brook and Andrea’s house for an incredibly delicious dinner of bbq pulled pork sandwiches, sweet potato fries, and a pretty killer broccoli salad.
Mal (aka, baker extraordinaire) made some delicious chocolate chip cookies which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Later that same evening, we all wound up playing the card/drinking game asshole. I can’t even tell you the last time I played this game, so I needed a bit of a refresher…I will say, however, that I did wind up getting to be President once.
I was pretty bad ass playing with my straight up water on the rocks.
4. Still no real involved dinners happening for us at the house these days. But just because they’re casual, doesn’t mean they aren’t scrumptious!
Last night, I made myself some chicken salad with avocado, onions, green grapes, dried cranberries, a little light mayo, Dijon mustard, and some S&P. I then ate it open-faced on some toasted whole wheat bread and lots of fresh spinach.
The corn on the cob? OMG…have you guys ever tried eating your ear of corn with a little bit of The Laughing Cow cheese? Jay and I each spread about half of a wedge of the Light Garlic & Herb flavor on ours and WOW…it will definitely be happening again.
5. My husband is great. As you know, we polished off our container of watermelon sherbet by Tuesday. But last night, after very briefly mentioning that I wish we had more, my guy drove out to the store and picked us up another container.
He’s a keeper.
6. No major plans on the agenda this weekend, which is a-okay by me. We were actually planning on spending it poolside, but now the weather is looking a little iffy for tomorrow. Funny enough, I also get paranoid about spending the whole day in the pool…what if my water breaks? Would one feel this happening while actually in the water?? I am OBVIOUSLY clueless…anyone out there have any experience with that one?
7. Truth: I get SUPER heated when I hear about the maternity leave that other countries offer women (and men!). Six months leave? Six weeks leave prior to giving birth fully paid?! Seriously, how is the US so absolutely horrendous with this?! Okay, rant over.
8. For the past week, I’ve been using a large exercise ball as my chair at work. I’m sure my co-workers find it amusing when they walk by and see my bouncing up and down at my desk. Hey, girl’s on a mission people! Joking aside though, I think I may keep up with the ball thing even after I bounce Baby Tooth out…I’m kinda liking it!
9. Did anyone else out there watch fellow blogger Colleen on last night’s episode of House Hunters?? Colleen, you crack me right up. Your facial expressions every time Cory talked about the toilet were hilarious.
10. I can’t remember if I’ve even mentioned this to you guys yet, but did you I tell you that we got central air installed in our house last week? Seriously, could not have been a better investment right now. Between my furnace of a body and the heat and humidity that’s been outside, it has been a LIFE SAVER. No exaggeration. They finished it within two days, and it has made me such a happy camper. No more hanging out in front of the window unit in the bedroom!
Aaaaand, that’s all I’ve got for ya today. Have a GREAT weekend everyone, and hey…send some positive baby vibes my way, please and thank youuuu.