Some Pins

Well heyyyy there, friends! How’s everyone doing this morning?

First things first: no news to share with any of you yet. Baby Tooth is still hangin’ strong in there and doesn’t seem to be too eager to get out anytime soon. Lucky for me, today is also supposed to be starting a heat wave in Upstate NY…I mean, talk about perfect timing, right?

Ehhh, I don’t mean to sound bitter…I’m really not THAT bad. Despite the fact that just merely existing is practically a workout these days, all is good in the hood. I’m more anxious than anything…the waiting game is brutal!

So as for this weekend? Well, I didn’t really take any photos of anything (leading many of you to wonder what was going on with Baby Tooth, which I found super sweet!) and everything stayed pretty low-key for us. So I figured I’d switch things up a bit this morning and share some of my latest pins on good ol’ Pinterest that I’ve been eyeballing. Perhaps you’ll find something to suit your own Pinterest boards!

(links are embedded in the photo, in case you want to re-pin!)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie

If somebody were to come and make this for me, I would forever be in love with you. Not even kidding a little bit.

Banana Bread Brownies

I made these over the weekend, but I ran out of butter so I had to make them sans frosting. They’re still absolutely delicious and actually taste just like banana bread, only in “bar” form. Plus that way, there’s more of the semi-gooey top part that is always my favorite on banana bread.

Maple Bacon Beer Burgers

I’m still most definitely on a burger kick. I seriously crave them basically on a daily basis. On Saturday night, Jay and I went out for a mini date night to Ruby Tuesday and we both wound up ordering burgers. OMG it was sooooo good. I’m enjoying them fully now, because I may need to reel it back in a little bit after the babe arrives. ;)

Summer Veggie and Ravioli Salad

This salad just looks SO incredibly delicious and screams summer, doesn’t it? I pinned it a while ago but I still don’t even think I’ve gone to check out the ingredients at all…mostly because I know I’ll have little desire to actually make it anyways right now. Maybe eventually!

White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria

I’m already dreaming up what one of my first adult beverages will be post-baby. While I have been eyeballing the six-pack of Sam Adams Porch Rocker beer that’s been sitting on my counter (my brother got for me a couple of months ago and I’m SO excited), a nice, refreshing glass of sangria is sounding mighty tasty right about now. We shall seeeee.

DIY Beach Wave Spray

All my life, I’ve longed for hair that would do that whole sexy-beach-wave-thingy all on it’s own. Unfortunately, my pin straight head of hair isn’t usually on board. I’ve tried numerous products over the years in order to “get the look,” but it usually just winds up looking greasy, stringy, and gross (and I’m pretty sure it drives my hairdresser of a mom crazy). I have no idea if this will work, but one of these days, I’m gonna give it a shot!

*****

Alright friends, time to get to work (yep, I’m still stickin’ it out as long as I can!). I’ll catch ya later!

Comments

I think you have every right to be a little miserable! The heat/humidity in the North East is out of the world! I’m not pregnant, and I feel terrible & am complaining! Hopefully little baby comes soon & you can get some relief & meet your little man!

That sangria looks great for a hot day right about now, too.
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..1 Year Blogiversary!

2. Annie says

My mum had my bro beginning of september after the hottest summer in over 10 years so she swore she’d have her second baby during winter. 4 years later I came along… mid july in another horrendously hot summer ha!

Stay in the a/c this week with the heat wave coming! And I definitely think you should enjoy a piece of that cookie dough ice cream pie, wow it looks anazing! If I lived near you I would drop it off! :)

Oh and I want to try the beachy waves idea for my beach vacation coming up!

That Cookie Dough pie looks too good!!!! I’ve heard that if you put mousse in your hair when it’s wet, then french braid it, when you wake up or when it’s done drying, you’ll have beachy waves. I haven’t tried it yet, my hair is too short lol but it’s something else to try if the other doesn’t work :)

I made that ice cream pie for a BBQ a few weeks ago, and it’s ridiculous how awesome it was. Seriously find someone to make that up for you ;-)

And I’m curious as to if that homemade spray works! I have the same problem with my hair – pin-straight, and whenever I try to add something to add volume or waves it just gets stringy and greasy-looking.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Celebratory Date Night.

Anything with cookie dough is on my must make list! I’m on baby watch with you and I thought something happened over the weekend from lack of pictures or anything. Wishful thinking ;) I can’t wait to see the little guy!

7. dee says

I was pretty anxious myself while typing in your web address this morning! I’m excited for baby tooth to make his sweet little appearance soon! :)

I’m glad you mentioned that bit about the gooey parts at the tops of banana bread! I always thought I was under-baking my breads, but if I let it sit longer, my loaves tend to dry out! Phew : ) glad to hear it’s the norm!

Good luck with the heat wave!

I can’t wait for Baby Tooth to make her appearance. Thanks for sharing the pins. The Maple Bacon Burgers look amaaazing! I recently made bacon french toast cupcakes and used a lot of maple extract and maple syrup. Got me hooked on that maple flavor. You just can’t go wrong, especially when mixing with bacon or burgers. haha
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Trip to the Mediterranean and Bucket Lists

Last night I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, and all of a sudden the thought popped into my head “OMG BABY TOOTH”…haha. I’m sure it’s no fun to be pregnant in this kind of heat!

Also, I’ve spent a good part of my life wishing I had pin-straight, shiny hair. My hair looks like “beach waves/birds nest” every day. The grass apparently is always greener =)
    Trixie recently posted..Photo of the Day – Waterlemon Cay

I am another one who was hoping that Baby Tooth had made his presence over the weekend. So soon though! Clearly he and the royal baby have talked and are taking their sweet time to enter the world. And if you’re on the lookout for a good beer post-baby, Shock Top’s Lemon Shandy is ahhhh-mazing.
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Just Another Monday

Since I follow/creep your Pinterest I have seen all these before! ;) I have naturally beachy hair- I’m SO lucky. It’s great in the summer but in the winter it’s not the best.. I’m thinking the next post Baby Tooth will be here!!
    Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Getting better

I also have pin straight hair and it would be so frustrating if I wanted to style it. In the past year, I got a wavy perm and I absolutely love it. Hope the beach wave spray works for you!

13. Christa says

This is probably terrible for your hair, but I’ve found it’s the only thing that works for my hair to hold any tpye of wavey look. While it’s damp, I spray it with a heat protectant and a root lifter then spritz hair spray into it. I scrunch it up while I blow dry it and 90% of the time it stays pretty well. And I live in GA where it is humidity central! After it’s dry i’ll put a half a pea sized amount of Garnier’s version or Morrocan oil on to tame the frizzies. Good luck!
    Can’t wait to see Baby Tooth :)

Fingers crossed Baby Tooth makes an appearance soon! Meanwhile, I’m sure that cookie dough ice cream pie would do a good job keeping you cool. OMG – I’ve always wanted beach wavy hair too! In high school I tried a bunch of gimmicky products- none of which worked. Only the real deal + a little dirty hair seems to work. A good excuse for moving to the beach?
    Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Happy Gummy Worm Day and Weekend Fun! {MIMM #5}

Hang in there! The summer I was pregnant was one of the hottest and it lasted into early fall, when I delivered. I went to the hospital (to be induced) in a tank top, it was still THAT hot in October (I do live south of you though). So I feel for you!! Just try and rest as much as possible now! I think the absolute worst part of those last couple of weeks and the week after (I went one week late and then was induced) was all the non stop texts and phone calls and emails asking how I was and “any baby yet?” um, no, don’t you think you would have heard if I had the baby?!?!? I’m sure you’re experiencing the same thing – esp with Facebook and Twitter having blown up since I had my son…Anway good luck and stay cool!!!!

Trackbacks