Some Pins

by Courtney on July 15, 2013

Well heyyyy there, friends! How’s everyone doing this morning?

First things first: no news to share with any of you yet. Baby Tooth is still hangin’ strong in there and doesn’t seem to be too eager to get out anytime soon. Lucky for me, today is also supposed to be starting a heat wave in Upstate NY…I mean, talk about perfect timing, right?

Ehhh, I don’t mean to sound bitter…I’m really not THAT bad. Despite the fact that just merely existing is practically a workout these days, all is good in the hood. I’m more anxious than anything…the waiting game is brutal!

So as for this weekend? Well, I didn’t really take any photos of anything (leading many of you to wonder what was going on with Baby Tooth, which I found super sweet!) and everything stayed pretty low-key for us. So I figured I’d switch things up a bit this morning and share some of my latest pins on good ol’ Pinterest that I’ve been eyeballing. Perhaps you’ll find something to suit your own Pinterest boards!

(links are embedded in the photo, in case you want to re-pin!)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie

If somebody were to come and make this for me, I would forever be in love with you. Not even kidding a little bit.

Banana Bread Brownies

I made these over the weekend, but I ran out of butter so I had to make them sans frosting. They’re still absolutely delicious and actually taste just like banana bread, only in “bar” form. Plus that way, there’s more of the semi-gooey top part that is always my favorite on banana bread.

Maple Bacon Beer Burgers

I’m still most definitely on a burger kick. I seriously crave them basically on a daily basis. On Saturday night, Jay and I went out for a mini date night to Ruby Tuesday and we both wound up ordering burgers. OMG it was sooooo good. I’m enjoying them fully now, because I may need to reel it back in a little bit after the babe arrives. ;)

Summer Veggie and Ravioli Salad

This salad just looks SO incredibly delicious and screams summer, doesn’t it? I pinned it a while ago but I still don’t even think I’ve gone to check out the ingredients at all…mostly because I know I’ll have little desire to actually make it anyways right now. Maybe eventually!

White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria

I’m already dreaming up what one of my first adult beverages will be post-baby. While I have been eyeballing the six-pack of Sam Adams Porch Rocker beer that’s been sitting on my counter (my brother got for me a couple of months ago and I’m SO excited), a nice, refreshing glass of sangria is sounding mighty tasty right about now. We shall seeeee.

DIY Beach Wave Spray

All my life, I’ve longed for hair that would do that whole sexy-beach-wave-thingy all on it’s own. Unfortunately, my pin straight head of hair isn’t usually on board. I’ve tried numerous products over the years in order to “get the look,” but it usually just winds up looking greasy, stringy, and gross (and I’m pretty sure it drives my hairdresser of a mom crazy). I have no idea if this will work, but one of these days, I’m gonna give it a shot!

*****

Alright friends, time to get to work (yep, I’m still stickin’ it out as long as I can!). I’ll catch ya later!

1 Linz @ Itz Linz July 15, 2013 at 9:03 am

banana bread brownies?! must try!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..St. Louis Rams Ladies Football Camp GIVEAWAY

2 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections July 15, 2013 at 9:04 am

I think you have every right to be a little miserable! The heat/humidity in the North East is out of the world! I’m not pregnant, and I feel terrible & am complaining! Hopefully little baby comes soon & you can get some relief & meet your little man!

That sangria looks great for a hot day right about now, too.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..1 Year Blogiversary!

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 15, 2013 at 9:12 am

Good thing you have central air now for this heat wave! I am sick of this gross humidity everyday. One thing on my to-do list this week is get to the beach one day.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Butternut Squash And Cinnamon Vodka

4 BakingSuit July 15, 2013 at 9:24 am

Oh gosh, between the burgers and the ravioli salad, I’m going to have something new to try that I think that guy I married will really like! Thanks :)

Hang in there!
BakingSuit recently posted..Frank said…#41

5 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 15, 2013 at 9:29 am

I think I pinned those first three pins you listed too… YUM! That White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria sounds amazing – perfect for summer!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Why Postpartum Posts Can Be A Touchy Thing

6 Presley @ Run Pretty July 15, 2013 at 9:31 am

Two of those pins are reaaally interesting to me. The ice cream pie, for obvious reasons. I think I could eat that in one sitting. The other being the spray for waves. I have stick straight, thin, fine hair and NOTHING works for me. Pleaaaase post if that miracle concoction actually produces quality waves. :)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Fit Pregnancy: The Problems with that Phrase

7 Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 15, 2013 at 9:34 am

Oh my gosh I pinned that cookie dough pie the second I saw it! Pinterest is THE BEST!

8 Melissa July 15, 2013 at 9:43 am

Yum! The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie and Banana Bread Brownies look so yummy and unique, I think I pinned them, too! Happy Pinning!
Melissa recently posted..Creativity in a Cup: How to Jazz up Coffee!

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 15, 2013 at 9:45 am

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie looks amazing! It would be the perfect dessert to make for a group of people. Hang in there! I hope baby tooth arrives soon :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Wedding & Hot July Weekend!…

10 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 15, 2013 at 9:47 am

We’re experiencing a heat wave here in NJ too! Wow is it hot!!!

OMG…Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookie Dough Pie!?! That’s just the most amazing this ever!!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #4 – Deliciousness

11 Annie July 15, 2013 at 9:48 am

My mum had my bro beginning of september after the hottest summer in over 10 years so she swore she’d have her second baby during winter. 4 years later I came along… mid july in another horrendously hot summer ha!

12 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 15, 2013 at 9:51 am

Hehe, I keep checking in every day to see! :)
Annnnd I’m pretty sure that cookie dough pie needs to be mine.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Spirulina Guacamole + Nutrex Spirulina Benefits

13 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 15, 2013 at 10:01 am

Hang in there girl! You’re so close. Try walking a lot, I’ve heard that can help “bring it on”.

Love the look of that summer salad, hopefully it’s not homemade ravioli, that’s kind of a pain to make!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Dark Chocolate Quinoa Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Icing (Gluten-free)

14 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life July 15, 2013 at 10:03 am

Stay in the a/c this week with the heat wave coming! And I definitely think you should enjoy a piece of that cookie dough ice cream pie, wow it looks anazing! If I lived near you I would drop it off! :)

Oh and I want to try the beachy waves idea for my beach vacation coming up!

15 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 15, 2013 at 10:10 am

I’m with you on the pin straight hair. Mine does not hold wave for anything. I even got a blow out and had them do waves and it stayed for only a few hours!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Beating the Summer Heat Plus the Fittest Person in the World

16 Gracie July 15, 2013 at 10:15 am

I’m usually a sweets girl through and through, but those burgers stood out to me the most! Maple Bacon Beer Burgers? HELLO.
Gracie recently posted..scenes from the weekend.

17 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes July 15, 2013 at 10:26 am

You are amazing for still going to work! Sending you lots of labor vibes!!! I want to see that sweet little face and know his name ;) Those pins look delicious, especially the burgers and the pie!!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Upcoming interview and a day with Connor.

18 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns July 15, 2013 at 10:30 am

That Cookie Dough pie looks too good!!!! I’ve heard that if you put mousse in your hair when it’s wet, then french braid it, when you wake up or when it’s done drying, you’ll have beachy waves. I haven’t tried it yet, my hair is too short lol but it’s something else to try if the other doesn’t work :)

19 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots July 15, 2013 at 10:39 am

oh my gosh I need those banana bread brownies!!

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 15, 2013 at 10:41 am

Banana bread brownies?? YUM!! I made your banana bread pancakes for one a couple of weeks back and LOVED them. Now I am going to have to make these!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mini BBQ Vegetable Pizzas on Summer Squash Crusts

21 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl July 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

It’s almost time! EEEK. I’ve done the beach wave thing and it really works. Although it works better when my hair is a bit dirty and a little thinner than it is now!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..Thoughts on My Weight and My ED

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 15, 2013 at 11:05 am

I made that ice cream pie for a BBQ a few weeks ago, and it’s ridiculous how awesome it was. Seriously find someone to make that up for you ;-)

And I’m curious as to if that homemade spray works! I have the same problem with my hair – pin-straight, and whenever I try to add something to add volume or waves it just gets stringy and greasy-looking.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Celebratory Date Night.

23 Lauren July 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

Anything with cookie dough is on my must make list! I’m on baby watch with you and I thought something happened over the weekend from lack of pictures or anything. Wishful thinking ;) I can’t wait to see the little guy!

24 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty July 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

I’m 100% A-Okay with Cookie Dough ANYTHING! Salivating…

25 dee July 15, 2013 at 11:22 am

I was pretty anxious myself while typing in your web address this morning! I’m excited for baby tooth to make his sweet little appearance soon! :)

I’m glad you mentioned that bit about the gooey parts at the tops of banana bread! I always thought I was under-baking my breads, but if I let it sit longer, my loaves tend to dry out! Phew : ) glad to hear it’s the norm!

26 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries July 15, 2013 at 11:50 am

Ahhh I noticed that there weren’t too many pictures from the weekend so I was wondering if Baby Tooth had made an appearance! I can’t wait to follow along and read about the journey once he arrives!! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..The Best Way to Heal

27 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog July 15, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Good luck with the heat wave!

I can’t wait for Baby Tooth to make her appearance. Thanks for sharing the pins. The Maple Bacon Burgers look amaaazing! I recently made bacon french toast cupcakes and used a lot of maple extract and maple syrup. Got me hooked on that maple flavor. You just can’t go wrong, especially when mixing with bacon or burgers. haha
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Trip to the Mediterranean and Bucket Lists

28 Trixie July 15, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Last night I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, and all of a sudden the thought popped into my head “OMG BABY TOOTH”…haha. I’m sure it’s no fun to be pregnant in this kind of heat!

Also, I’ve spent a good part of my life wishing I had pin-straight, shiny hair. My hair looks like “beach waves/birds nest” every day. The grass apparently is always greener =)
Trixie recently posted..Photo of the Day – Waterlemon Cay

29 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 15, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I was a huge burger fan during my pregnancy, too! Burgers, fries, and milkshakes … yum! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A new recipe (finally!)

30 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire July 15, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I am another one who was hoping that Baby Tooth had made his presence over the weekend. So soon though! Clearly he and the royal baby have talked and are taking their sweet time to enter the world. And if you’re on the lookout for a good beer post-baby, Shock Top’s Lemon Shandy is ahhhh-mazing.
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Just Another Monday

31 Leigha @ Minougirl July 15, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Since I follow/creep your Pinterest I have seen all these before! ;) I have naturally beachy hair- I’m SO lucky. It’s great in the summer but in the winter it’s not the best.. I’m thinking the next post Baby Tooth will be here!!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Getting better

32 Jean July 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I also have pin straight hair and it would be so frustrating if I wanted to style it. In the past year, I got a wavy perm and I absolutely love it. Hope the beach wave spray works for you!

33 Xai July 15, 2013 at 1:56 pm

That sangria looks picture perfect! I think everyone is awaiting babytooth so eagerly he’s gonna have a fan club by the time he’s born!
Xai recently posted..Weekly Links!

34 Ellie@Fit for the soul July 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Courtney, I don’t blame you for feeling uncomfortable in this final stretch especially with the summer heat! It can be so physically overwhelming at the very end. And omgness….I melt at the sight of those desserts!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Life Through {Instagram} Photos

35 Annette@FitnessPerks July 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Banana bread brownies sound amazing!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..A Great Weekend of Eats

36 Christa July 15, 2013 at 2:29 pm

This is probably terrible for your hair, but I’ve found it’s the only thing that works for my hair to hold any tpye of wavey look. While it’s damp, I spray it with a heat protectant and a root lifter then spritz hair spray into it. I scrunch it up while I blow dry it and 90% of the time it stays pretty well. And I live in GA where it is humidity central! After it’s dry i’ll put a half a pea sized amount of Garnier’s version or Morrocan oil on to tame the frizzies. Good luck!
Can’t wait to see Baby Tooth :)

37 Danica @ It's Progression July 15, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I love that you said “all is good in the hood” :) haha
That baby will be here soon so enjoy these last few days (hours?!?) until he’s here!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..from the weekend

38 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 15, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I can’t tell you how delicious all of that looks!! Yummm!!! It is make me so hungry sitting at work! I am keeping my figners crossed baby tooth make his appearance soon!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Weekly Training Recap

39 Shel@PeachyPalate July 15, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Totally repined in the banana blondies!

40 victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny July 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Oh man, I’ve given up on those sexy beach waves. I’ve tried so many times and it’s just not meant to be with my thick, curly hair. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did!
victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..MIMM: staycation time

41 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Hang in there!!! When are you starting maternity leave?
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Engagement Pie (Peaches and Cream Pie)

42 Sarah @ Sweet Miles July 15, 2013 at 4:13 pm

That sangria looks AMAZING!! I could easily down one right now :) And that cookie dough pie..holy mother of all that is good!! YUMM!!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..My First Early Morning Run

43 Faith@The Stirring Place July 15, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Mmmm…sangria. Oh that looks amazing.
Faith@The Stirring Place recently posted..friday favorites {and why my son will never have a name}

44 Shari July 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm

That ice cream pie looks SO good!!
Shari recently posted..Wordless(ish) Wednesday: finding inspiration everywhere.

45 Caitie @ twentytwofit July 15, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Oh my gosh your post is making me hungry!

“Merely existing is a workout these days” – made me laugh out loud :)
Caitie @ twentytwofit recently posted..Good for the Soul

46 Sarah July 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Holy crap!! Banana bread brownies!!!!!!! I’m on it!!!

47 Andrea @ The Fit Scoop July 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Hi – just found you blog when looking for fellow pregnant athletes :-) So glad to see I’m not alone in my pregnancy cravings for burgers – I just had one for dinner tonight! Way to hang in there as the due date approaches.
Andrea @ The Fit Scoop recently posted..How are Americans exercising more but obesity rates are still rising?

48 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 16, 2013 at 12:19 am

Fingers crossed Baby Tooth makes an appearance soon! Meanwhile, I’m sure that cookie dough ice cream pie would do a good job keeping you cool. OMG – I’ve always wanted beach wavy hair too! In high school I tried a bunch of gimmicky products- none of which worked. Only the real deal + a little dirty hair seems to work. A good excuse for moving to the beach?
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Happy Gummy Worm Day and Weekend Fun! {MIMM #5}

49 Lauri July 16, 2013 at 8:12 am

Hang in there! The summer I was pregnant was one of the hottest and it lasted into early fall, when I delivered. I went to the hospital (to be induced) in a tank top, it was still THAT hot in October (I do live south of you though). So I feel for you!! Just try and rest as much as possible now! I think the absolute worst part of those last couple of weeks and the week after (I went one week late and then was induced) was all the non stop texts and phone calls and emails asking how I was and “any baby yet?” um, no, don’t you think you would have heard if I had the baby?!?!? I’m sure you’re experiencing the same thing – esp with Facebook and Twitter having blown up since I had my son…Anway good luck and stay cool!!!!