WIAW: Easier Said Than Done

So my normal excitement for food (and eating in general) seems to have gone out the window a bit this week. I’m chalking it up to a mix of hormones and nerves, considering the fact that I feel like I’ve been completely on edge these last few days. Man oh man…the days leading up to a pregnancy due date, I’m quickly discovering, are seriously quite torturous!

I’m trying so hard to just be chill about it all…because, as they say, “the baby will come when he’s ready!”  But damn. That is wayyyy easier said than done!

Soooo, anywho…for this week’s WIAW (Tuesday), I guess the food itself really won’t look all that different from what it has been lately. Girl still has to eat, so I attempted to put together some meals that would be easy and attempt to provide me at least some nutrients other than carbs, since they’re my jam these days. ;)

Breakfast

An English muffin with peanut butter and banana + some iced coffee. BUT…it wasn’t just any English muffin…

A couple weeks ago, Thomas’ sent me some of their limited edition banana bread English muffins and I have been lovin’ them! They’re only available until the end of August apparently, so be on the lookout…these babies are gooooood, my friends.

And while we’re talking about their new English muffins, I should also mention that they have some limited edition bagels out right now too…apple pie, anyone?!

Both Jay and I have enjoyed a couple of these over the past week or two…my favorite is with just a little butter and jelly. YUM!

Mid-Morning Snack

A piece of the banana bread brownies I made (aka, it’s basically bread…it’s suitable anytime of day).

Lunch

A turkey sandwich on a whole wheat hamburger roll with hummus, provolone cheese, spinach, and tomatoes.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Pineapple and strawberries once again. C’mon pineapple!

Pre-Dinner Snack

I really had no idea what I was in the mood for, so I wound up opening the cabinet and snacking on a bunch of wheat thins with hummus while trying to figure it out.

Unfortunately, nothing was sounded all that great for dinner, but I eventually came up with an old standby, which I haven’t had in foreverrrrrr…

Dinner

Eggs! I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I had eggs (okay that’s a lie…I can, thanks to this blog) but they tasted great. I scrambled up two of them and mixed in some sautéed spinach, fresh tomato, feta cheese, and some crumbled turkey bacon.

After dinner, I did a little bit of work on the computer and was quite happy to have my sidekick right there with me. For a while, he was just hanging out, sitting right behind me in my chair. He usually does this until he realizes he isn’t getting enough attention…then he goes in for the kill and plops himself right in front of the computer.

Such a ham. :)

Dessert

A couple hours later I wanted something sweet to eat (no surprise), and after nibbling on a couple bites of banana brownies (you know…you just slice off a “tiny sliver” and then proceed to go back for about five or six more…) I ended up snacking on a dulce de leche pudding cup topped with mini chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.

I know…how old am I?

So that’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends! Now it’s about time for me and Baby Tooth to head to work and start our daily bouncing on the exercise ball at my desk routine. ;)

Happy Hump Dayyyyy!

Comments

• Courtney says

Haha, yup! I’m attempting to stay as long as I can. After this week though I think I’m calling it quits…my comfort factor is quickly declining! :)

I always do the “tiny sliver” thing hahah also with the cookies i make..about 5 times during the day I’ll take a little piece of a cookie..i might as well just eat a whole damn cookie! (which I inevitably end up doing :) ) come on pineapple! any day now!
    chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-New Purchase!

Banana Bread English Muffins?! YUM! That sounds soooo good.

I can’t even imagine how you’re feeling. I remember when a coworker of mine worked up past her due date last year. I was nervous wreck!! haha I sit right beside her and every time she made a noise bouncing on her ball, I would JUMP. Made for an interesting few days ;)

Hoping you are able to relax soon!
    Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Take Time Tuesday, a Day Late!

• Courtney says

Haha, yes the bouncing on the ball in front of people thing can be a little awkward. That’s why I’m glad my office is semi private ;)

I feel like our snacks often look similar: always covered with sprinkles! Is there any other way? You should add Cupcake Goldfish into the mix. You’ll thank me later ;-)

As for pudding cups, I haven’t tried Dulce de Leche, but I did have a S’mores cup and it was delish.

On the plus side, one day you can enjoy these kid-friendly snacks with Baby Tooth!! Hope the next few days go by fast!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo recently posted..WIAW: The Early Bird Catches the Coffee?

• Courtney says

Yes! But I would definitely make them with the frosting if you’re going to make them for a dessert. I wish I had!

I don’t blame you at all for being antsy! I know I’ll definitely be the same when my turn comes along to have a baby! I’m SO pumped for those english muffins to come out! I just bought some yesterday and love having them as my breakfast :). My cat does the same thing with my laptop, only she lies on top of it! Cats are such funny and expressive animals :)

5. Kathryn says

I wasn’t working with my last baby (thanks to moving to a different state while 7 1/2 months along) and I basically LIVED in my tub because my back was killing me.

Oh my gosh, I love apple pie, and I love bagels, so now I need to go to the store and see if mine carries those bagels right now. Yum!

Omg banana bread and apple pie??? Those sound so good :D. Hahaha my boyfriend always says I should stop snacking while I either look for something for dinner or while I’m making dinner, he says I always end up not hungry for dinner. He may have a point ;) Love sprinkles :) they will always have my heart.
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..What Motivates You??

7. Megan says

Ahh I love those English muffins :D They’re amazing. Sending you and baby tooth labor vibes, he will be here before you know it!

8. Sonya says

I hear ya girl, I’m due Friday too and my nerves are shooting up everyday! It’s so hard to stay calm and cool when you know at any moment your life will change. I’ve been eating a ton of pineapple too and started doing acupuncture, nothing yet! Good luck and stay cool!

9. Sienna says

I bought those banana bread English muffins a few weeks ago and really like them. I actually thought about emailing you to tell you to try them since you love both banana bread and English muffins. Glad you got your hands on some!

I LOVE putting things other than burgers on hamburg buns. I love making sandwiches with them or putting peanut butter on them. Smart lady :) Those english muffins sound stinkin amazing though, so I’ll definitely have to buy a package soon!

Maybe if you eat pineapple WHILE bouncing on the exercise ball things will get rolling! Lol. I haven’t had eggs in forever, either, and now you made me hungry for some with loads of ketchup! And sprinkles make everything better, especially pudding packs!

12. Nala says

It’s amazing how delicious eggs for lunch or dinner can be! Your egg dish looks really scrumptious – I have an idea for my next meal. So true about the “sliver” thing – I find I do that often =P

I totally get the whole ball of nerves things – although I can’t even imagine how you’re feeling right now. (I’m sure I”ll find out in a few weeks. ;) )

It’s been so hot here that I have had absolutely NO desire to cook. Plus I have been so exhausted by the time dinner rolls around, my poor husband has to fend for himself.

14. Eileen says

My little guy came 2 weeks past my due date. It was torture and I tried everything to make it happen sooner, but he came when he was ready as they say. I definitely encourage you to work as long as you can. Once your boy is here you won’t want to go back to work any sooner than you have to! Just hang in there and it will happen soon. It is easier said than done and I was so not calm about it but I wish I had been more relaxed about it. Good luck!

Aww Courtney, I know how hard it is to wait for the baby to arrive! Partly because you just wanna see that munchkin, but also because you want to get the pregnancy discomfort over with. I know it’s easier said than done, but just remember that once you’ve given birth you’ll (literally) forget or not mind the length of time you had to wait. I never believed other women when they said, “you’ll forget the ________ (fill in the blank)” once you see the baby. And you know what? It’s PARTLY true, lol. But it really does happen somewhat, and those things don’t seem as torturous anymore! :D
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Eats, Fashion, and More