WIAW: Easier Said Than Done

by Courtney on July 17, 2013

So my normal excitement for food (and eating in general) seems to have gone out the window a bit this week. I’m chalking it up to a mix of hormones and nerves, considering the fact that I feel like I’ve been completely on edge these last few days. Man oh man…the days leading up to a pregnancy due date, I’m quickly discovering, are seriously quite torturous!

I’m trying so hard to just be chill about it all…because, as they say, “the baby will come when he’s ready!”  But damn. That is wayyyy easier said than done!

Soooo, anywho…for this week’s WIAW (Tuesday), I guess the food itself really won’t look all that different from what it has been lately. Girl still has to eat, so I attempted to put together some meals that would be easy and attempt to provide me at least some nutrients other than carbs, since they’re my jam these days. ;)

Breakfast

An English muffin with peanut butter and banana + some iced coffee. BUT…it wasn’t just any English muffin…

A couple weeks ago, Thomas’ sent me some of their limited edition banana bread English muffins and I have been lovin’ them! They’re only available until the end of August apparently, so be on the lookout…these babies are gooooood, my friends.

And while we’re talking about their new English muffins, I should also mention that they have some limited edition bagels out right now too…apple pie, anyone?!

Both Jay and I have enjoyed a couple of these over the past week or two…my favorite is with just a little butter and jelly. YUM!

Mid-Morning Snack

A piece of the banana bread brownies I made (aka, it’s basically bread…it’s suitable anytime of day).

Lunch

A turkey sandwich on a whole wheat hamburger roll with hummus, provolone cheese, spinach, and tomatoes.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Pineapple and strawberries once again. C’mon pineapple!

Pre-Dinner Snack

I really had no idea what I was in the mood for, so I wound up opening the cabinet and snacking on a bunch of wheat thins with hummus while trying to figure it out.

Unfortunately, nothing was sounded all that great for dinner, but I eventually came up with an old standby, which I haven’t had in foreverrrrrr…

Dinner

Eggs! I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I had eggs (okay that’s a lie…I can, thanks to this blog) but they tasted great. I scrambled up two of them and mixed in some sautéed spinach, fresh tomato, feta cheese, and some crumbled turkey bacon.

After dinner, I did a little bit of work on the computer and was quite happy to have my sidekick right there with me. For a while, he was just hanging out, sitting right behind me in my chair. He usually does this until he realizes he isn’t getting enough attention…then he goes in for the kill and plops himself right in front of the computer.

Such a ham. :)

Dessert

A couple hours later I wanted something sweet to eat (no surprise), and after nibbling on a couple bites of banana brownies (you know…you just slice off a “tiny sliver” and then proceed to go back for about five or six more…) I ended up snacking on a dulce de leche pudding cup topped with mini chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.

I know…how old am I?

So that’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends! Now it’s about time for me and Baby Tooth to head to work and start our daily bouncing on the exercise ball at my desk routine. ;)

Happy Hump Dayyyyy!

1 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl July 17, 2013 at 8:56 am

Keep eating that pineapple!! You never know :P Those new Thomas products look AMAZING. I wish my local grocery store carried them..boooo. My fiancé would love them!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..WIAW #2- Pretty Boring

2 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty July 17, 2013 at 8:56 am

I literally said “shut up” out loud when I saw the banana bread english muffins. Could that be a more perfect bed for a a nice slather of PB? I think not!

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 17, 2013 at 9:00 am

I wish Thomas’ made gluten free english muffins. Apple pie bagels sound delicious! One of my favorite bagels of all time is sundried tomato, yummy.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Hummus Tuna Salad Recipe

4 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 17, 2013 at 9:11 am

Those English muffins and bagels look awesome! Definitely need to get my hands on those asap!

Breakfast for dinner is just the best sometimes!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Baby Tooth’s arrival (sooner rather than later)! ;-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #6 – Fruits and Veggies

5 Kelly @ Femme Fitale July 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

Looks like a delicious day to me!

Are you still at work until the bitter end? I wish I had! The last weeks were gruelling for me and I was so bored, so although you’re probably a ball of nerves, at least you can distract yourself!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..A Focus On Body Image: Self Mockery

6 Courtney July 17, 2013 at 10:08 am

Haha, yup! I’m attempting to stay as long as I can. After this week though I think I’m calling it quits…my comfort factor is quickly declining! :)

7 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 17, 2013 at 9:23 am

It was torturous at 38 weeks for me, so I can only imagine how it feels when you’re just a couple days away from your due date! Hang in there!

Those banana bread English muffins sound SO good!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #89: Fruit Obsessed + My New Favorite Ice Cream

8 chelcie @ chelcie's food files July 17, 2013 at 9:26 am

I always do the “tiny sliver” thing hahah also with the cookies i make..about 5 times during the day I’ll take a little piece of a cookie..i might as well just eat a whole damn cookie! (which I inevitably end up doing :) ) come on pineapple! any day now!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-New Purchase!

9 Kim @Hungry Healthy Girl July 17, 2013 at 9:32 am

I totally know what you mean with the “just one more sliver of brownies”! Also, love eggs for dinner! It’s an old stand-by for me too.

10 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes July 17, 2013 at 9:45 am

I delivered at 37 weeks and even I was getting antsy! Totally normal and justified!!! You are SO CLOSE! Those banana bread english muffins look incredible! I had no idea they made them.
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Zoo trip + good food.

11 Emily @ The Good Era July 17, 2013 at 9:46 am

Banana Bread English Muffins?! YUM! That sounds soooo good.

I can’t even imagine how you’re feeling. I remember when a coworker of mine worked up past her due date last year. I was nervous wreck!! haha I sit right beside her and every time she made a noise bouncing on her ball, I would JUMP. Made for an interesting few days ;)

Hoping you are able to relax soon!
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Take Time Tuesday, a Day Late!

12 Courtney July 17, 2013 at 10:09 am

Haha, yes the bouncing on the ball in front of people thing can be a little awkward. That’s why I’m glad my office is semi private ;)

13 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 17, 2013 at 9:48 am

I can only imagine how anxious you must feel! I wish I had a stability ball chair at work but I’m not sure they’d go for that! Is that supposed to help bring on labor?
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Starting With a 5K + Ramona Braganza 321 Method Level Two DVD Review

14 Courtney July 17, 2013 at 10:09 am

They say that it can…who knows though, haha! I’ve been bouncing for a good week and a half now… ;)

15 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo July 17, 2013 at 9:48 am

I feel like our snacks often look similar: always covered with sprinkles! Is there any other way? You should add Cupcake Goldfish into the mix. You’ll thank me later ;-)

As for pudding cups, I haven’t tried Dulce de Leche, but I did have a S’mores cup and it was delish.

On the plus side, one day you can enjoy these kid-friendly snacks with Baby Tooth!! Hope the next few days go by fast!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo recently posted..WIAW: The Early Bird Catches the Coffee?

16 Courtney July 17, 2013 at 10:10 am

I’ve seeeeeeen those Goldfish and have no doubt I would looooove them!

17 Jenny July 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Bless your heart. It definitely feels like the end process takes forever with regards to pregnancy. It’s the unknown that makes it hard. Thinking of you and excited for little Baby Tooth’s arrival!
Jenny recently posted..Cheesy Quinoa with Fire Roasted Tomatoes

18 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 17, 2013 at 10:03 am

Ohhh those English Muffins look sooo good! My hubs would love them! He is a huge fan of banana bread and, well, I don’t bake. Gotta get me some of those!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..More Summer of Fitness Plus a New Barre Video

19 Gracie July 17, 2013 at 10:04 am

So the Banana Bread Brownies are a winner? I have something tomorrow I need to make a dessert for, and they’re a contender!
Gracie recently posted..love // hate.

20 Courtney July 17, 2013 at 10:10 am

Yes! But I would definitely make them with the frosting if you’re going to make them for a dessert. I wish I had!

21 Danica @ It's Progression July 17, 2013 at 10:07 am

Every time I go for “just a sliver” it ends up being at least 5-6 :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..favorite nut butter and mugs vs. bowls (wiaw)

22 Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 17, 2013 at 10:11 am

I don’t blame you at all for being antsy! I know I’ll definitely be the same when my turn comes along to have a baby! I’m SO pumped for those english muffins to come out! I just bought some yesterday and love having them as my breakfast :). My cat does the same thing with my laptop, only she lies on top of it! Cats are such funny and expressive animals :)

23 Kathryn July 17, 2013 at 10:24 am

I wasn’t working with my last baby (thanks to moving to a different state while 7 1/2 months along) and I basically LIVED in my tub because my back was killing me.

Oh my gosh, I love apple pie, and I love bagels, so now I need to go to the store and see if mine carries those bagels right now. Yum!

24 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns July 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

Omg banana bread and apple pie??? Those sound so good :D. Hahaha my boyfriend always says I should stop snacking while I either look for something for dinner or while I’m making dinner, he says I always end up not hungry for dinner. He may have a point ;) Love sprinkles :) they will always have my heart.
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..What Motivates You??

25 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

I’m making peanut butter s’mores seven layer bars tomorrow night for a BBQ Saturday, and the ‘tiny slivers’ thing is basically inevitable. ;-)
And you can never go wrong with a pudding cup! ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Sunday Sushi.

26 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers July 17, 2013 at 10:42 am

Great eats! I’m loving eggs for dinner.
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Is it ice-cream o’clock yet?

27 Leigha @ Minougirl July 17, 2013 at 10:47 am

Ohhhh myy gosh banana bread english muffins?! Come to mama! My cats are the same way :) I eat that same turkey sandwich pretty often. Eggs don’t sound very appealing though with this heat!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..MIMM – Summer Livin’

28 Megan July 17, 2013 at 10:51 am

Ahh I love those English muffins :D They’re amazing. Sending you and baby tooth labor vibes, he will be here before you know it!

29 Sara@ LovingOnTheRun July 17, 2013 at 10:51 am

I am keeping my fingers crossed we see baby tooth soon!! I have to say that pudding looks delicious – I guess I have a little inner child in me too :)
Sara@ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Intro Into Tempo

30 Amy @ The Little Honey Bee July 17, 2013 at 11:04 am

I need to find those banana bread english muffins! Sadly not sure they are available in Canada. Oh the problems of being a Canuck.
Amy @ The Little Honey Bee recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Protein Oatmeal [WIAW 5]

31 Annette@FitnessPerks July 17, 2013 at 11:11 am

Ahhhh the waiting game. My sisters say that is the best. ;) NOT. raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help too in case you care or want to try something to get it going.

I’ve been loving english muffins lately too! yummO
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Validation From Others: How Dangerous Can It Be?

32 Sonya July 17, 2013 at 11:14 am

I hear ya girl, I’m due Friday too and my nerves are shooting up everyday! It’s so hard to stay calm and cool when you know at any moment your life will change. I’ve been eating a ton of pineapple too and started doing acupuncture, nothing yet! Good luck and stay cool!

33 Sienna July 17, 2013 at 11:33 am

I bought those banana bread English muffins a few weeks ago and really like them. I actually thought about emailing you to tell you to try them since you love both banana bread and English muffins. Glad you got your hands on some!

34 Allie July 17, 2013 at 11:36 am

I LOVE putting things other than burgers on hamburg buns. I love making sandwiches with them or putting peanut butter on them. Smart lady :) Those english muffins sound stinkin amazing though, so I’ll definitely have to buy a package soon!

35 Linz @ Itz Linz July 17, 2013 at 11:38 am

those banana bread english muffins sound awesome!! and sprinkles are never a bad choice. ever!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Neapolitan Protein Snack

36 Lauren July 17, 2013 at 11:39 am

Maybe if you eat pineapple WHILE bouncing on the exercise ball things will get rolling! Lol. I haven’t had eggs in forever, either, and now you made me hungry for some with loads of ketchup! And sprinkles make everything better, especially pudding packs!

37 Melissa July 17, 2013 at 11:57 am

Those banana bread english muffins look so incredibly great! Just the ideal treat for this time of year, I cannot get enough banana bread!
Melissa recently posted..FUN in the SUN: Top Summer Activities!

38 Lisa July 17, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Oh goodness, are you still working this close to the date – props to you if so!
Just keep eating that pineapple;) start stocking up.
I need to make some banana bread brownies, those sound to awesome to pass up.
Lisa recently posted..Healthy Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

39 Nicole July 17, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Random Fact: Today is David Hasselhoff’s birthday.

40 Angela @ Health's Angel July 17, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Kudos to you for still going to work! I can’t imagine what your co-workers must think every time they walk by you bouncing away on that ball! Haha. Hopefully it gets things going. I can’t wait to “meet” him via your blog. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..On Taking Vitamins

41 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Banana bread english muffins??? Seriously?!? I so hope that I can find those in my area soon!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: July 17, 2013

42 Nala July 17, 2013 at 12:50 pm

It’s amazing how delicious eggs for lunch or dinner can be! Your egg dish looks really scrumptious – I have an idea for my next meal. So true about the “sliver” thing – I find I do that often =P

43 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit July 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I have a sincere admiration for ladies who are close to their due dates, especially in the Summer heat! Hang in there…again, easier said than done! Those banana bread brownies look amazing. The baby is probably hanging out because you’re giving him such yummy snacks!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..The Best Wedding Smoothie EVER…

44 Nicole @ FruitnFitness July 17, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I must find these banana bread English muffins! They sound amazing! I’m sure it is hard waiting for the little one to come, I think it sounds like your doing well with the waiting.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..WIAW – a day in the office

45 Sarah July 17, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Oh lorddddd, I need to find those banana bread English muffins!!!!!! I love all things banana bread

46 Xai July 17, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Woah, I am gonna have to go out and try those Thomas english muffins! Btw, I wonder whats going to happen with Cody once the baby is born.
Xai recently posted..My Summer Bag Essentials (Part 1)

47 Courtney July 17, 2013 at 2:55 pm

What do you mean?

48 Xai July 17, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Well like if he’s gonna get jealous or anything. When my mom had my little brother our cat started getting super clingy and wanted to play with his toys and things like that.
Xai recently posted..My Summer Bag Essentials (Part 1)

49 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 17, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I know it’s hard to wait, but the big day really will be here before you know it (I rolled my eyes when other moms said that to me, so feel free to roll your eyes at me haha!). I’m loving your sprinkles + pudding combo … you are channeling your inner child! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 3 months old!

50 Shel@PeachyPalate July 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Hope you managed to chill a bit today…I’d probably be crawling the walls myself…maybe more baking would help :)

51 Nichole C July 17, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Banana Bread….english muffins?! I need that in my life. Yummy!
Nichole C recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #1

52 Lauren July 17, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Ohmygosh banana bread ANYTHING is the best!

Keep eating that pineapple! It’ll happen :) Good luck!
Lauren recently posted..Kale Fail

53 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 17, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I totally get the whole ball of nerves things – although I can’t even imagine how you’re feeling right now. (I’m sure I”ll find out in a few weeks. ;) )

It’s been so hot here that I have had absolutely NO desire to cook. Plus I have been so exhausted by the time dinner rolls around, my poor husband has to fend for himself.

54 Eileen July 17, 2013 at 6:22 pm

My little guy came 2 weeks past my due date. It was torture and I tried everything to make it happen sooner, but he came when he was ready as they say. I definitely encourage you to work as long as you can. Once your boy is here you won’t want to go back to work any sooner than you have to! Just hang in there and it will happen soon. It is easier said than done and I was so not calm about it but I wish I had been more relaxed about it. Good luck!

55 Ellie@Fit for the soul July 17, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Aww Courtney, I know how hard it is to wait for the baby to arrive! Partly because you just wanna see that munchkin, but also because you want to get the pregnancy discomfort over with. I know it’s easier said than done, but just remember that once you’ve given birth you’ll (literally) forget or not mind the length of time you had to wait. I never believed other women when they said, “you’ll forget the ________ (fill in the blank)” once you see the baby. And you know what? It’s PARTLY true, lol. But it really does happen somewhat, and those things don’t seem as torturous anymore! :D
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Eats, Fashion, and More

56 Kelly July 17, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Apple Pie BAGELS?!?!? Whattttt??? I want THAT. hahaha
Kelly recently posted..If you think about it, it is actually completely justifiable

57 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 18, 2013 at 12:39 am

Wow…those banana bread brownies! Can’t wait to bake some! Keeping my fingers crossed baby tooth makes his appearance soon!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Easiest, Most Delish Chicken Ever! {WIAW #5}

58 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 18, 2013 at 8:00 am

I just got those Thomas Apple Pie bagels over the weekend! I got the last package on the shelf. They are SO good! Now I need to find those english muffins. They sound fantastic! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..One Month Away!!..

59 Sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com July 18, 2013 at 10:02 pm