Life Lately (with a Newborn)

Well, as expected, I’ve been a bit preoccupied the past couple of days! Being a new mom is a busy, busy job, absolutely my top priority, and is just incredible.

I cannot even begin to express the joy and happiness that our new little Lucas brings us.

The day after Lucas was born.

So what has life been like lately? Well, there’s a whole lot of adjusting and learning, plenty of laughs, plenty of tears (hello, hormones), plenty of second guessing, and PLENTY of sitting and just staring at this little face.

There’s diaper and onesie changes galore, leaky boobs (hey, it’s the truth…and it’s umm, interesting!, meals eaten mindlessly and so many generous, wonderful visitors.

Cody is still not quite sure what to think of the little guy and it cracks us up.

As the days have gone on, he seems to make is way just a little bit closer each day. At first, anytime Lucas so much as moved a finger, Cody would jump back with his tail huge, getting all skittish. Now, he’s starting to get pretty curious about whatever this new “thing” is in his territory.

I love it.

So yes, things around here are busy, a little hectic and are nothing short of absolutely wonderful. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to express just how amazing it feels to be a mom, and honestly, most of the time it still doesn’t even seem real.

But then I just get one look at this face and I realize, it’s definitely real.

And we are just so, so blessed. Smile

Comments

1. Judy says

OMG! So, so happy for you! I just stumbled across your blog the other day. What an exciting time for you! I’m expecting my first this October and am FREAKING out, lol. Enjoy this time!!! Can’t wait to hear about your newborn adventures. :o)

2. Kim says

Awwwww congrats Courtney!!! I just had a baby and I am so curious how you are recovering post delivery. I was in so much pain for weeks with stiches. You look amazing though…i looked like hell :(

Congrats Courtney and Jay! Lucas is perfect. I know times are crazy right now and you’re exhausted, but it will fly by. Enjoy all the snuggles now!!!

4. Shaina says

Yay! That little man it stinkin’ cute! I am due with my first on Aug 8th and this post and all your pictures just get me so emotional and excited! Praying for a continued happy family and healthy recovery!

5. Heather C says

I loved reading this; I can just tell where your heart is right now and I’m SO excited for our little girl in October =)
    Congratulations to you all! Best wishes!

Congrats, you are going to make an amazing mom!

Pets are so funny getting used to babies. When my sister had her son a few months ago her dog went through a really weird phase getting used to him. Now he is the most protective little dog ever! If my nephew cries, her dog (a Boston Terrier) will run over and start licking his hand or face to try and help. It’s super cute!
    Laura @losingrace recently posted..One Day at a Time

Looking fantastic and happy, Courtney! That little bean is SO stinkin’ cute. He’s perfect in every way. It’s so amazing to me (not a parent) to think that he was going inside of you for 9 months and now is HERE :-) Enjoy it!!
    Claire recently posted..Weekend in Photos

8. Kaitlyn says

This post brought tears to my eyes! Lucas is BEAUTIFUL and I’m so excited for you and Jay :)

PS…LOVE the stories about Cody + Baby..hah!

9. Nina says

Congrats on your precious baby boy! And btw, you look way cuter than I ever did in the hospital after my son was born. I looked like a mess haha. Enjoy all your newborn snuggles! It’s truly the best time of your life and just continues to get more and more fun as they get older. My son is 13 months and every day seems to be better than the last.

This was the cutest post. I had a few awww’s and mommy tears. Motherhood agrees with you, and Lucas is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. I think he looks a lot like Jay! Congrats to you and your little family :) :)
    Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..Hey, remember me?

11. Kelsey Yoki says

Many congratulations to you and Jay (and Cody, too!). He looks absolutely precious and I’m sure that has crossed your mind already! What a cute little boy!

12. Courtney says

Congratulations to you & Jay! Lucas is absolutely perfect and I wish you guys nothing but the best. This post is kicking my baby fever into overdrive!!!

13. Yaara Leve says

Courtney,
    He’s beyond beautiful and precious! That sweet little face!!! I’m so happy and excited for you! You look so happy. Enjoy this amazing new journey. I’m looking forward to his and your updates :)

Oh, such a lovely family with a precious little beautiful angel :) he is so adorable :) the second picture is like from some “baby catalogue” 😀 sometimes we make jokes in our country about babies that are super cute questioning their parents “where can I buy it?” … “oh, we found him in the catalogue” 😀 😀 😀 he is really perfect :)
    Nikki Finn recently posted..Odpočítávání: 7 týdnů do příchodu miminka

15. Stacey M. says

Soooo glad you posted this today … what an absolutely adorable baby. My heart just melts looking at him – as does yours and Jay’s every time! I’m so glad you and your babe are doing well … I’m sure it’s definitely a huge (but VERY welcome) adjustment on your part. I look forward to more of your posts, as I am learning so much from your experiences. I’m also now looking more and more forward to the day I can bring my own little one into this world.

16. Alycia says

I’m so happy for you all! It looks like everyone is adjusting great. So funny about Cody!

Happy bday tomorrow to Jay! Mine is tomorrow also, which is how I remember. :)

I don’t think I ever said congratulations even though I totally social media stalked til he was born! Congratulations girl! Being a mom is the best, most rewarding amazing thing in the world, and you are going to rock it. Lucas is absolutely precious – give his little newborn head a big sniff for me 😉
    Heather recently posted..Founder’s Favorite Float Shots

18. Diana says

Congratulations!! Oh, I love the picture with Cody watching from afar.. So cute!! And baby Lucas looks very sweet and tall!! I wish your family well!!

Okay, because he is the cutest thing that I have seen since my babies, he is giving me MAJOR baby fever!!! I thought I loved your pregnancy posts but nope, they don’t compare to the new baby posts. He is absolutely precious!! Time to start working on my hubby….for the 3rd time!! 😉
    Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan and a Winner

20. Morgan says

Aaannddd I totally just had to restrain from bursting into tears at my desk. He is absolutely adorable I can’t even stand it. And so tiny! LOL at the leaky boobs. So happy for you both! Can’t wait to meet him :)

21. LAUREN B. says

He is so so precious, and he looks so much like my little Jackson when he was born! Enjoy every moment!

Congrats! He is beautiful, it makes me excited to have a new born again! It goes so fast, enjoy every moment. I also want to recommend babywise to you. It is an amazing book that helps you get your baby to sleep really well. Both my girls slept thru the night by eight weeks with this blessed book, and still love to sleep! Good luck with everything. You will do great! Motherhood is the best blessing our Heavenly Father has given us woman! Enjoy every moment.

He is precious—-> and HE’S HERE! :)
    Enjoy all the changes- after almost a year of being a mom, it’s still changing every.single.day.
    PS- mom’s intuition is always right- don’t need to second guess yourself—-being right for YOUR child is the perk of being a mom :)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Shifting.

What precious photos. It feels surreal looking at your photos and knowing that in 12 weeks I’ll be taking my own. It was really exciting following your pregnancy.

25. Staci says

Little Lucas is so adorable!!! Looking at all of the wonderful photos really makes me want a baby right now. I keep telling myself hubby and I need to wait one more year, but all of these sweet photos are making that very difficult!!! I look forward to seeing more pictures of baby Lucas growing!!

26. Maureen says

Lucas is SO incredibly beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for sharing pictures of him <3
    Enjoy and soak in everything! Congratulations!!!!!!
    The picture of him and Cody where he has his feet tucket all cute in his yellow outfit is sooooo adorable.

This just made me cry a little bit! My little one is 6 months old and I can still clearly remember those first couple of days/weeks while you’re getting used to your new life. It’s an amazing amazing time, and it goes by SO FAST, so savor every moment with Baby Lucas!!!!

28. Nancy A. says

Oh my gosh!! He is adorable!!!! That is one handsome little guy. Knew he would be very good looking with you two for parents! Have fun, they are such a wonderful gift. Try to get some rest and I know you are doing a great job of being mom and dad!

29. Nala says

Aww, Lucas is truly precious and you are certainly blessed. Congratulations on your new arrival and may you have a great journey as parents!

He’s a stud :) I’m so happy for you and Jay. I’m sure Cody will warm up to him as time goes on! I hope the adjustments come easy for you both with time! <3

Trackbacks