1. This post is probably going to be about 99% baby related in some way. Just sayin’.
2. Yesterday was our first outing from the house with Lucas!
He had his first checkup with the pediatrician and all went wonderfully! Lucas was born at 7lbs 13oz and when he was discharged two days later he was down to 7lbs 4oz (totally normal). As of yesterday’s appointment, he was already back up to 7lbs 7.5oz – up 3.5oz this week! I can’t tell you how much better that made me feel about his breastfeeding. Apparently he’s getting the goods.
3. We continue to have some amazing friends who have been visiting this week and bringing and/or making us plenty of delicious food. Yesterday afternoon, our pal Joey stopped by and brought us some Chipotle for lunch.
4. Part of the reason for the Chipotle delivery was also because yesterday was Jay’s 30 Birthday!!!
And let me just go ahead and brag for a second…he is one hell of a dad. I just cannot get over how absolutely incredible he’s been with Lucas and for me. I swear, I’m falling more and more in love with him everyday.
Admittedly, I’ve been feeling guilty all week because I haven’t exactly been able to do much to make his birthday a big deal like it should (you know how I am about birthdays, and this was a big one, too!). I know I shouldn’t feel guilty (hello, new baby!) but I do. Jay, of course, totally understands and continued to tell me how silly I was being. We are planning on celebrating later in the month though, so I’ll make up for it then.
5. Cody continues to make his way just a little bit closer to Lucas everyday.
This was yesterday afternoon and Cody sat there for a good half hour, intently watching Lucas squirm around on his play yard…
6. And then once Lucas was off the play yard, Cody, of course, had to explore it a little bit on his own.
I’m not sure who enjoyed it more.
7. Every time I think I’m starting to get this whole swaddling thing down, Lucas proves me wrong…
No matter what I do, little guy ALWAYS manages to find a way to get his arms out. He’s constantly got them up to his face, especially his right one. And, funny enough, if we look back through all of his ultrasound photos, that hand was ALWAYS up to his face…AND when he was born…any guesses?
Yep, the hand was up to his face.
8. Jay made me Kodiak Cakes for breakfast with mini chocolate chips in them this morning.
I think today is already starting off on the right foot.
Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you have some fun weekend plans on the agenda!