Weekend Highlights {8/4}

by Courtney on August 5, 2013

Hey hey, happy Monday! Did everyone have a fabulous weekend?

After I last chatted with you all on Friday, Jay and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and we trekked outside for our first walk with Lucas.

Lucas was great and slept the whole time, while Jay and I enjoyed a nice, quiet 45 minute walk. I really wasn’t sure how long/far we were going to travel, and before I knew it we were already at about 1.75 miles. By that point I noticed I was getting a little tired so we headed back home.

Side note: I’ve had some of you ask how I’m doing with my post-delivery recovery. For the first few days after delivering I was definitely a little sore, but I was also prescribed some Motrin which helps quite a bit. I only wound up with a super small tear (or as my doctor called it, “a scratch.” I’d say that by about day 4 or 5 I was feeling almost back to normal, with the occasional soreness when I’m up and/or moving too much. I definitely consider myself very lucky!

Friday was also the first day/night where we didn’t have any visitors planned, so the two of us never even wound up showering. We literally lounged around the house for the rest of the day, soaking up plenty of time with our little guy. Saturday was another “lazy” morning filled with plenty of feedings, tummy time, cuddles, and naps.

cat and babyCody continues to inch his way closer and closer!

When Lucas napped, we took advantage of cleaning up a bit around the house, catching up on some laundry (holy crap does it pile up now!), and a few other odds and ends. Our friends Seth & Nicole came to visit during the afternoon and then we decided to take a family trip out to Target. I hadn’t been out of the house at all for the day, so it felt REALLY nice to get some fresh air.

While we were out, we also decided to pick up some take-out sushi for dinner. Although I did have sushi early on in pregnancy, it just wasn’t the same when I couldn’t have the “real” stuff, so I had been looking forward to it for quite a while now.

sushi

Unfortunately, the sushi was a bit of a flop. Jay and I both agreed that it just didn’t taste very good…pretty disappointing for being my first post-preggo sushi experience! But ahh well, what can ya do?

Sunday was more of the same…feedings, cuddle time, and naps for both baby AND mama.

At one point, Lucas ended up falling asleep on my chest for almost an hour and a half, and since he was too comfy for me to move, I just went ahead and napped for a little while with him. It felt great…I need to take advantage of his nap times more often!

Yesterday was also a first for us over here…oh yes, it was my first experience getting peed on while changing the little guy.

He, obviously, found it amusing. Winking smile

Lots of meals and snacks continue to be eaten on the floor. Cottage cheese and pineapple has been a favorite lately.

And cereal combos are another…quick and easy is the name of the game!

So this is pretty much my view this morning. Not a bad one, right?

It’s just the two of us today, since Jay is back to work now. It’s a bummer to have him leave (if we’re being honest, I was emotional about it all weekend) but we’re surviving juuuuust fine and will be happy and ready to greet daddy when he gets home today. Smile

I’m hoping to get out for another walk with Lucas in a little while because it’s another beautiful day out there today.

Have a great day, everyone!

1 Ashley @ Life and Fitness August 5, 2013 at 9:37 am

Cody is too funny, he is slowly starting to get closer! That’s great that you’ve been able to go on walks to get some sunshine. The weather has been gorgeous lately, much cooler than that heat wave.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Garage Sales

2 Melissa August 5, 2013 at 9:39 am

Looks like a fun weekend! The photo with Lucas and Cody is absolutely adorable!
Melissa recently posted..Accepting the FINAL ROSE: Why I’m watching “The Bachelorette”

3 Brigid August 5, 2013 at 9:40 am

I know it’s scary the first time you are left alone all day but you will be a pro by the end of the week. Definitely take advantage of the nap time by sleeping yourself. The laundry will still be there when you wake….trust me. It’s more important for you to rest.

4 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 5, 2013 at 9:41 am

Looks like you had a great weekend! I bet it was so nice to take him for his first walk :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Wedding Dress Shopping Success?

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 5, 2013 at 9:43 am

Love the inside look of life with a newborn. :) Lucas is preeeetttty cute – soon he’ll have two girls fighting over him.

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 5, 2013 at 9:52 am

One can have Lucas, the other can have Hunter. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Chill Weekend

7 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 5, 2013 at 9:53 am

Deal.

8 Courtney August 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Hahaha, I think this all sounds fantastic. Nowwwww, when are we going to plan to all meet up in person?!?!! :)

9 Ashlee@HisnHers August 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

Glad you’ve been able to soak up all of that family time! He is just SO cute! I love his pouty lip :-)

10 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun August 5, 2013 at 9:50 am

Yum!! Sushi!! I think when I am pregnant that and caffeine are the two things I will miss the most! Looks like you all are having a great time as a family of 3 :) Enjoy!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Weekly Training Recap: 7/29 – 8/4

11 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine August 5, 2013 at 9:51 am

Too precious! It looks like you three are relaxed and enjoying your time together! Which walking app do you use to record your distance?

12 Courtney August 6, 2013 at 2:32 pm

RunKeeper!

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 5, 2013 at 9:54 am

Sounds like you three had a great weekend! Glad you’re recovering so well. You sure are lucky! Text me if you get lonely today! ;) xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Chill Weekend

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 5, 2013 at 10:02 am

So disappointing about the sub-par sushi! I know when I get pregnant that’s probably going to be harder for me to give up than alcohol or anything else! Good luck for your first alone-day with Lucas, you guys will be just fine…and it’s great to hear that you’ve been recovering well!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Goal Talk: August.

15 Danica @ It's Progression August 5, 2013 at 10:05 am

Yay for things going well so far! Lucas is just so adorable.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..from the weekend

16 Emily @ The Good Era August 5, 2013 at 10:06 am

Aww looks like you had a wonderful weekend!! Enjoy your day at home just the two of you :)
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Lake Life

17 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl August 5, 2013 at 10:13 am

Lucas sure is a cutie! You better get used to getting peed on…. I found out the hard way that it happens pretty frequently with those little stinkers! ;)
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Snapshots from my Marvelous Weekend

18 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com August 5, 2013 at 10:20 am

Glad to hear you are recovering well. I cant get over Lucas’ little pouty lips! He is so handsome!!!

19 Lauri August 5, 2013 at 10:20 am

Looks like you are settling in nicely to life with a baby!! It’s definetley tough when Daddy goes back to work, I remember crying every morning (not ashamed) when my husband left, and anxiously awaiting his arrival back home for the first couple weeks. Sounds like you’re doing just great!!
Lauri recently posted..Livin Life

20 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns August 5, 2013 at 10:30 am

That weekends sounds great! Aw, it’ll just make you more excited to see Jay tonight :). Enjoy all the time you have with your son, he will grow up too fast!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Crossfit Sharks

21 Kendall August 5, 2013 at 10:31 am

Lucas is adorable! It looks like you guys are doing great! Good job mama! Have a great day with your little guy :)
Kendall recently posted..Welcome To KendallCovitz.Com #KendallClean

22 Lisa August 5, 2013 at 10:35 am

Awe, no fun on the not so good sushi – but at least you got the chance to get out and have some fun outside the house. It sounds like things have been going well! He’s such a cutie pie.
Okay – and that photo of Cody and Lucas is too adorable!
Lisa recently posted..Happy Things

23 Lynn August 5, 2013 at 10:44 am

You’re doing great! I’m not only impressed with how much you guys are doing with the little guy, but that you even find the time to still type up a post! I couldn’t get anything done when I had my little guy, and even now, four months later I still struggle to get anything done when I’m home from work.

Love the pics of your new dude!! He’s so sweet :)

24 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl August 5, 2013 at 10:44 am

It looks and sounds like things are going super well for all of you…minus the peeing part! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Hummus & Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms

25 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections August 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

I love the snapshots of your life lately! Love hearing about your experiences being a new mom. Sounds like life is going well :)
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Super Fluffy Banana Bread Pancakes

26 Jenny August 5, 2013 at 10:56 am

Aww! Look at little Lucas getting his tummy time! :) Glad to hear all is well!
Jenny recently posted..Getting Back In the Lifting Game {Without hating yourself 2 days later}

27 char eats greens August 5, 2013 at 11:10 am

The first baby peed on experience ;). Even though we had a girl, my hubby used to ALWAYS get peed on by her. It was like her way of challenging how he could handle it haha. She mainly peed as there was no diaper down or while he was lifting her to put the diaper on and then pee would go all up her back…and yes, still on him somehow. I’ll never know! haha
char eats greens recently posted..CSA pickup: week 7

28 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty August 5, 2013 at 11:23 am

That is the PERFECT morning view!

29 Lauren August 5, 2013 at 11:31 am

You must have made Lucas hungry by eating cereal because he’s trying to eat his blanket! LOL I’m so glad you got to get out a little because you can’t be kept inside all the time! It’s important to allow yourself some time to get some fresh air and it will get easier with time! :D

30 Courtney August 6, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Haha, little man ALWAYS seems to be hungry these days ;)

31 Xai August 5, 2013 at 11:53 am

He is so adorable! Has he been keeping you guys up at night?
Xai recently posted..Midweek Funnies

32 Courtney August 6, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Not too bad, actually! He sleeps about 4-5 hours before waking up to feed :)

33 Natalie @ Free Range Human August 5, 2013 at 11:55 am

It sounds like you guys are adjusting to your new little addition quite nicely! He is too cute!

34 Caitie @ twentytwofit August 5, 2013 at 11:58 am

I’m sure the first day at home without the hubby is a little daunting!! Looks like a fun weekend…your little guy is a lucky one!
Caitie @ twentytwofit recently posted..One Person’s Trash, Another Person’s…

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 5, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Definitely not a bad view to start the day with :) Lucas is a real cutie, and it’s great to hear that you guys have been adjusting so well. I can imagine it would be a little nerve-wracking to stay at home with baby while the hubs went back to work, but you’re doing great, girl! We all got the momma instinct in us :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... currently … august .

36 Laura August 5, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Take advantage of resting with a sleepy baby on you, because the dishes, laundry, etc. can wait! He’ll be fighting off naps all too soon! Lol. You look like you are glowing, enjoy your little man!!! :)

37 Ellie August 5, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Ahhhh yes, it’s so important to nap while baby does! But sometimes I find it to be easier said than done, haha. By the way, is breastfeeding going smoothly? :)
Ellie recently posted..Perfect and Easy Berry Cobbler {vegan+gf}

38 Courtney August 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm

For the most part, yes! I’ve been very lucky that Lucas latched pretty much immediately and he’s been feeding really well. He’s a hungry little guy!

39 Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes August 5, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Enjoy your day with Lucas! It gets easier!!! Hang in there!
Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes recently posted..Cutest and most awkward pictures ever all in one post.

40 Presh August 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Awww so glad things are going well! Enjoy lucas sleeping because before you know it….. lol. I love cottage cheese and pineapples!
Presh recently posted..Don’t let anyone else hold the pen!

41 Stacey M. August 5, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Glad to hear you’re doing so well so soon after delivery … I know sometimes it can take weeks to feel well enough to get outside and move. It stinks that Jay isn’t able to spend more time at home with the two (or three, including Cody!) of you … sounds like you’re doing OK. You can always call friends or family members to talk if you get lonely or just need someone to listen.

42 Annette@FitnessPerks August 5, 2013 at 1:35 pm

That sounds like such a lovely weekend! Yippeee for doing so well after delivery–I hope mine is similar ;)

Lucas is so so cute–esp with that little arm by his face!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..A Glimpse

43 Lauren August 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm

That looks like such a nice weekend! I bet it feels so great to be out and about with a newborn…I know I’d be so proud!
Lauren recently posted..scenes from the weekend

44 Kelly August 5, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I really like that black and white picture, its really beautiful! Good luck being home alone, you totally got it :-)
Kelly recently posted..And the World Spins Madly On

45 Maria@TheBrooklynFig August 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm

You are just absolutely glowing! He’s so precious- enjoy every minute.
PS- cracking up over Cody inching his way towards Lucas!
Maria@TheBrooklynFig recently posted..Baltimore Day 1

46 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 5, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Aww! It sounds like such a nice weekend with the baby. I love that Cody is inching closer and closer. Soon they will be best friends :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Soaking Up The Sun!!…

47 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 5, 2013 at 3:12 pm

So glad to hear that all is well and your post-delivery recovery is going well too! Sounds like a great weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #5 – The Color Run

48 Parita August 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I’m loving all the pics of Lucas! He’s so adorable. And you look beautiful and glowy as well. :)

49 Shel@PeachyPalate August 5, 2013 at 3:37 pm

He’s getting so big already!!! Great to hear you got through the labour so well; you hear so many horror stories!

50 Steph @ StephSnacks August 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm

ahhhh baby Lucas is so so so so cute!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..HI THERE!

51 Miranda @ Miranda Runs August 5, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I’m suprised I’ve never been peed on! I change so many diapers with my job as a nanny… #lucky ;) He’s such a little cutie oh my gosh!!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..MIMM #20- like looking at my own!

52 Kristine August 5, 2013 at 4:05 pm

So very happy for you! Congrats on this new chapter in your life! You make it look so exciting and easy!

53 Katy August 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm

OMG he is just too cute!! My sister in law had a little girl a few months ago. It’s amazing how quickly they grow up. Enjoy it!
Katy recently posted..Monday Montage

54 Andrea @ The Fit Scoop August 5, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Your quick recovery gives me hope! I only hear/read about the prolonged and difficult recoveries. I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’m as lucky as you!
Also, the little guy is so cute!
Andrea @ The Fit Scoop recently posted..Weekend Fun

55 cait August 5, 2013 at 5:49 pm

aw! it looked like a splendid weekend to share with your new little fam <3 presssh!
cait recently posted..Iced protein coffee “frappe” shake

56 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes August 5, 2013 at 6:11 pm

He is too cute!
Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes recently posted..One Long Bike Ride

57 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life August 5, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Looks like the perfect weekend with your little family! :) Glad to hear you are recovering post-delivery! Hopefully you will be back to 100% ASAP!

58 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run August 5, 2013 at 6:21 pm

he’s precious. keep the little lucas pic coming!

59 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 5, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Looks like you guys are settling into your family of three quite nicely! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: 8/5

60 Emily @ Life on Food August 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Sushi is definitely something I would miss. Sorry your first go was a miss. Try, try again!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..coffee chocolate chip pancakes #chocolateparty

61 Jamie August 5, 2013 at 8:08 pm

He is the cutest little thing!! Will you be going back to work, or are you going to stay home with him?
Jamie recently posted..Starting to get real & week 7 recap

62 Courtney August 6, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Yeah, my plan is to head back to work after 12 weeks.

63 Kristi August 5, 2013 at 8:29 pm

He is precious. I love those moments where you can cuddle, and nap, and enjoy those early days after they are born. Savor those moments.
Kristi recently posted..Epic Fail

64 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 5, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Nap as much as you can, as often as you can! ….It is the one thing I regret not doing more- not because I was tired and needed the nap- but the days of cuddling your sweet newborn only come around once.
SO glad your feeling well after delivery- took me months, wait, still working on it and it’s almost a year. Soooo glad you are doing well!! …..enjoy each second at home! <3
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Shifting.

65 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo August 6, 2013 at 7:49 am

Could that baby be any cuter? Sorry to hear Jay had to go back to work, but that just means more qt time with the little one :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo recently posted..Finding a New Gym and a Sometimes Healthy Veggie Roast

66 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers August 6, 2013 at 9:34 am

Oooooh so cuuuute! Not looking forward to getting peed on with this lil’ man. Sigh… better just accept that it’s gonna’ happen. haha

Oh, and Cody’s cute too. ;)
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Being the Hostess with the Mostess

67 Nala August 6, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Oooh….Lucas is just TOO cute for words. I think he looks like his Daddy a little bit =) Glad to hear your taking walks and getting some fresh air. I’m sure that’s nice for you. Can’t wait to read more posts on your new family =)