My Favorite Sauce

Nothin’ like a bowl of pasta with some fresh, homemade sauce for dinner!

I spent the afternoon with my mom yesterday making homemade sauce and meatballs, so, of course, we had to incorporate it into last night’s dinner. It had been a while since I last made sauce, so it’ll be great to have some more stocked in the freezer again.

Jay had a softball game last night but I opted to stay home to attempt to get Lucas to bed at a good time and with a good routine (feed, bath, story, bed – and it went great!). Once little man was asleep, I spent some quiet time lounging on the couch with my other little guy…

Poor Codeman. I feel like I’ve been neglecting him a bit lately, and although Jay and I try really hard not to, sometimes Lucas just demands more of our attention. So when there is some quiet time, I try extra hard to give Cody a little extra lovin. Winking smile

The evening also included a little favorite snack of mine…

Old photo, but same treat was had. Still lovin’ me some watermelon Italian ice (when I don’t have watermelon sherbet on hand) and am now fresh out again after last night’s fix. Man. It’s just soooo good.

In other news…Lucas turned a big one month old yesterday!

And the Baby Tooth page was updated this morning with all the details. Smile

Comments

That sauce looks amazing! I’ve been looking to stock up our freezer with some easy meals and things to defrost (I’m starting a new job AND a Master’s program in Elementary Education on the same day next week!!) so I might just have to make a big batch of this this weekend!! Thanks!

Luigi’s Italian Ice is such a classic. I’m pretty sure it takes EVERYONE back to the days they were younger. And homemade sauce is the BEST especially when your whole house smells like garlic afterwards :D

Lucas is looking adorable as usual! You and your mom remind me exactly of my family! We also make most of our sauce ahead and freeze it. Lasagna is so much easier to make when we’ve got the homemade sauce already taken care of!
    Rebecca recently posted..WIAW #3: Here and There

• Courtney says

No, but only because we don’t really have a recipe, haha. In the link in this post I do include what ingredients we use though!

• Courtney says

Haha, not a secret, but not a real recipe either lol. We just sort of throw everything together…I keep saying I actually need to write stuff down when I make it but I always forget :)

4. Nala says

That sauce looks Uh-Mazing – I need to make some of my own. Really a good idea! Yay for little Lucas on turning a month! He is so adorable and looks like his daddy more each day =)