Alright, who’s hungry for some Apple Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal?
As I mentioned before, I wound up making this delicious batch of baked oatmeal over the long holiday weekend, in an attempt to have some sort of breakfast item on hand for during the week. It seemed like lately, my breakfasts were getting pretty sad – basically whatever I could grab quick – and since breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day, this was definitely no good for business.
So enter, baked oatmeal. All I need to do is cut out a piece, reheat in the microwave, and add a splash of milk and some fresh fruit. Good. To. Go.
While I’m sure you could really do any sort of combination of fruits within the oatmeal (pumpkin, anyone?) I was loving the idea of the apple-cinnamon-raisin trio. It’s always been a favorite of mine, and it certainly doesn’t disappoint in this recipe either.
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal
(Lightly adapted from this recipe)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- ~1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In one bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until combined. Gently stir in diced apples and raisins.
3. Pour oatmeal into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown and set.
Best if served warm – if needed, reheat in the microwave for 1:30 – 2:00 minutes. Serve with a splash of milk and some fresh fruit. Enjoy!