Fun Facts Friday {9/13}

1. Thank goodness, I’m starting to feel a bit more like myself. I woke up yesterday morning with much less of a headache (after sweating profusely throughout the night), and now with a full day and a half’s worth of antibiotics in me, I’m already feeling a difference. I love (good) drugs.

2. Thomas’ Corn English muffins are where it’s at. Seriously. They’re soooo, so good. We just finished off a package of them this week and I’m already wanting to go get more.

3. Last year, on this same exact day, I shared with you one of my favorite quick bread recipes of all time. Going back and seeing that post also made me realize how awful I’ve been with using a real camera instead of my iPhone 99% of the time. Hey…sorry for the less than stellar photos these days, my friends.

4. Lucas is going through a new phase this week. It’s the “I’m too cool for daytime naps” phase. Yesterday, between the hours of about 10am – 8pm, he gave me just under 2 hours of sleep. I’m attributing his change up in schedule and sudden interest in everything to his age (I know weeks 6-8 can be the toughest, and we’ll be at 7 weeks tomorrow).

I will say though, thank godddd his lack of sleep hasn’t really affected his mood. My little man has been happy as a clam!

This was him last night shortly before putting him down for bed; also, take note that very rarely do you guys see a picture of Lucas without at least one of his limbs showing up blurry in the photo. This guy is ALWAYS on the move!

5. I tried this flavor of Oikos Greek yogurt earlier this week and I. Am. In. LOVE.

It totally reminded me of coffee ice cream. I need to get my hands on some more of it, toss it in the freezer, and attempt to make a little frozen dessert out of it. YUM.

6. Alright, so tell me…

source

7. I already have all these grand plans to do X, Y, and Z around the house and in Lucas’s room this weekend. I’ll be lucky if I get to about three of them. BUT, I am hoping that I’ll at least be able to get his new name decal up on the wall. I think it’s gonna look adorable!

8. On Sunday, I have a brunch date with some of my girlfriends. REALLY looking forward to that – good food, even better company.

9. I spent a good half hour looking on Etsy last night for an alphabet print for Lucas’s nursery. It’s become one of those things that I’m getting slightly obsessed about…mostly because I have an image in my mind and I cannot find anything even close to it. Perhaps some of my fellow, talented design bloggers out there might be able to help me out?

10. I’m really looking forward to a shower today since, ya know, I didn’t get a chance to take one yesterday. #newmomproblems

11. Bonus fun fact: I totally just broke my own rule about using hashtags anywhere other than Twitter or Instagram. Whoops. Smile

Happy FRIDAY, friends! Hope you all have a fabulous day and a fantastic weekend!

Comments

Ohhhhh yes, nap strikes. I wish I could tell you that Audrey stopped throwing them, but at 11 months old today (yikes!) she still loves to stay awake and party all day. :) She’s in daycare, so I think a lot of it is that there’s always noise and activity, but she usually catches up on the weekend.

Glad you’re feeling a little better, mama!
    Katy Widrick recently posted..Homesick, Party of Two

Good to hear you are feeling more like yourself now! Haha, I totally have a bunch of plastic bags hanging out together like that.
    I always think they will be useful at some point, but I’m kind of realizing now they totally are not.
    I’ve been a bit lazy with my camera too these days. It’s kind of a lot of work (or at least I tell myself that).
    Lisa recently posted..Happiness Is A State Of Mind

Yes to the plastic bags! I have a whole stash on the top shelf of my pantry. They make great trash bags for small recepticles! :-)

I am going to have to try that Oikos; I love the coffee flavor.

Happy Friday Courtney!
    Alaina recently posted..Wordful Wednesday

Glad you are feeling better!
    I totally do have one of those plastic bags! Lol.
    I have had that problem so many nursery items, I get an idea in my head and spend so much time looking for something that just might not exist. I wish I was more crafty sometimes!

5. lauren says

Hmm…two daytime naps of an hour each is a good day here. My little giy is 8weeks and I’m still waiting for the good 2-3 hour naps. At least he sleeps thru the night, 9/11pm – 5/6am.
    Yup, we stash those bags for everything! TGIF!!

Mmmmm I love anything coffee flavor, speaking of which, I haven’t had coffee in what feels like years! I think I may need some coffee froyo in my life soon :) Or maybe I need to develop a coffee ice cream recipe……Aw, that picture of Lucas, not smiling, just staring, I find it so adorable. He has the cutest eyes!
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Ah, Minty Freshness

Lucas looks so happy in all of those pictures!!!! Glad you are feeling better.

What are you looking for exactly for the alphabet spelling for Lucas’ room? I may be able to help with suggestions or even with making it for you depending what it is.

And about those plastic bags – of course we have a bag of them stuffed in our front closet. I constantly try to come up with a solution or a new way to store them and it never fails that they stay stuffed bag in bag (sometimes in bag!) in there though!
    Jenny recently posted..Friday Favorites: 9-13-13

1. Need to try that coffee yogurt. I kept thinking they needed a coffee flavor of Greek yogurt.

2. Definitely have the bag of plastic bags.

3. The shower thing? Not just a new mom problem. There are still days I don’t shower until after the kids are in bed or not at all.
    Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Fit Friends

9. Jessica says

I have a bag of plastic bags under the kitchen sink. I use them as liners for the small trash and throughout the house. My biggest effort when it comes to recycling! Your son looks so happy – love the pics.

We definitely have a bag full of other bags in our house. What else are you going to do with them?! They make good poopie bags for Elmo LOL. Anyway, I’ve been using hashtags everywhere, too. I promised myself I wouldn’t but sometimes they just make things so much funnier because they’re almost sarcastic!

Glad you are feeling better!

Once again you remind me how you can’t understand what it is like to BE a mom until you are. I love reading your posts and learning more :-) Even though it’s no easy job, you make me excited!

I’ve seen those corn english muffins in the store but I never buy them. Guess I’m going to have to start!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Kitchen Adventures: Houseguests Must Work For Food!

hahaha for the plastic bag thing. I honestly think that EVERYBODY has one of those in their house! My parents were doing it so when I moved out I started doing the exact same thing lol

We dont have any of the Thomas products here in Quebec and I’m seriously dying to try some! I’m a sucker for english muffins so I’m sure I would love the corn ones. I would do anything to try the pumpkin ones also, pumpkin+english muffin = best thing ever!!

Ha ha! I wasn’t sure if I was one of the odd ones for not taking a shower everyday and only a few times a week. Also, Lucas is so adorable and he looks like he’s up to trouble in those pictures 😛
    Ellie recently posted..September Favorites

14. Lisa says

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. I loved the post about the plastic bags. I’m one of those people, of course mine normally get dropped off at the grocery store for recycling or they are in a plastic container in my garage (always helpful when I’m pulling weeds or dropping food off to my church’s food pantry). Enjoy your weekend.

15. Nala says

Lol, I’m so guilty of the plastic bag thing! I have one or two big bags usually filled with loads of plastics. Lucas is too cute =) Great to hear is in high spirits, I just hope he will start napping soon so you can get some down time.