Fun Facts Friday {9/13}

by Courtney on September 13, 2013

1. Thank goodness, I’m starting to feel a bit more like myself. I woke up yesterday morning with much less of a headache (after sweating profusely throughout the night), and now with a full day and a half’s worth of antibiotics in me, I’m already feeling a difference. I love (good) drugs.

2. Thomas’ Corn English muffins are where it’s at. Seriously. They’re soooo, so good. We just finished off a package of them this week and I’m already wanting to go get more.

3. Last year, on this same exact day, I shared with you one of my favorite quick bread recipes of all time. Going back and seeing that post also made me realize how awful I’ve been with using a real camera instead of my iPhone 99% of the time. Hey…sorry for the less than stellar photos these days, my friends.

4. Lucas is going through a new phase this week. It’s the “I’m too cool for daytime naps” phase. Yesterday, between the hours of about 10am – 8pm, he gave me just under 2 hours of sleep. I’m attributing his change up in schedule and sudden interest in everything to his age (I know weeks 6-8 can be the toughest, and we’ll be at 7 weeks tomorrow).

I will say though, thank godddd his lack of sleep hasn’t really affected his mood. My little man has been happy as a clam!

This was him last night shortly before putting him down for bed; also, take note that very rarely do you guys see a picture of Lucas without at least one of his limbs showing up blurry in the photo. This guy is ALWAYS on the move!

5. I tried this flavor of Oikos Greek yogurt earlier this week and I. Am. In. LOVE.

It totally reminded me of coffee ice cream. I need to get my hands on some more of it, toss it in the freezer, and attempt to make a little frozen dessert out of it. YUM.

6. Alright, so tell me…

source

7. I already have all these grand plans to do X, Y, and Z around the house and in Lucas’s room this weekend. I’ll be lucky if I get to about three of them. BUT, I am hoping that I’ll at least be able to get his new name decal up on the wall. I think it’s gonna look adorable!

8. On Sunday, I have a brunch date with some of my girlfriends. REALLY looking forward to that – good food, even better company.

9. I spent a good half hour looking on Etsy last night for an alphabet print for Lucas’s nursery. It’s become one of those things that I’m getting slightly obsessed about…mostly because I have an image in my mind and I cannot find anything even close to it. Perhaps some of my fellow, talented design bloggers out there might be able to help me out?

10. I’m really looking forward to a shower today since, ya know, I didn’t get a chance to take one yesterday. #newmomproblems

11. Bonus fun fact: I totally just broke my own rule about using hashtags anywhere other than Twitter or Instagram. Whoops. Smile

Happy FRIDAY, friends! Hope you all have a fabulous day and a fantastic weekend!

1 Linz @ Itz Linz September 13, 2013 at 8:09 am

seriously laughing out loud about the plastic bag thing and YES! plus, i have a reusable bag filled with other reusable bag and same goes for paper bags lol
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..What NOT Running Taught Me

2 Katy Widrick September 13, 2013 at 8:33 am

Ohhhhh yes, nap strikes. I wish I could tell you that Audrey stopped throwing them, but at 11 months old today (yikes!) she still loves to stay awake and party all day. :) She’s in daycare, so I think a lot of it is that there’s always noise and activity, but she usually catches up on the weekend.

Glad you’re feeling a little better, mama!
Katy Widrick recently posted..Homesick, Party of Two

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness September 13, 2013 at 8:35 am

Not only do I have the plastic bag thing, but also a recyclable bag filled with more recyclable bags haha. That yogurt sounds like it would be delicious as a frozen treat.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Fun Facts Friday

4 Madison September 13, 2013 at 8:38 am

I definitely have the plastic bags! I use them for my dog, Rocco, as his poop baggies. :)
Madison recently posted..Friday Favorites: Anthropologie Loves AND New Series Coming Soon

5 Morganne @ Nut Butter Runner September 13, 2013 at 8:39 am

Ummmm yes!! Totally have a plastic bag filled with other plastic bags! Ha LOVE IT! And that cafe latte flavor is delicious!! Freeze it, add some chocolate chips (and if you can find peanut butter chips) and it is Heaven in a cup. Glad you’re feeling better!
Morganne @ Nut Butter Runner recently posted..Nut Butter Stuffed Mug Cake

6 Runner Girl Eats September 13, 2013 at 8:42 am

I definitely have a bag full of bags under my kitchen sink :) And I am guilty of the iPhone photo overload too. At least 100% of my pics are blurry iphone pics. Oops.
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Fitness Friday: No Crunch Ab Workout

7 Lisa September 13, 2013 at 8:48 am

Good to hear you are feeling more like yourself now! Haha, I totally have a bunch of plastic bags hanging out together like that.
I always think they will be useful at some point, but I’m kind of realizing now they totally are not.
I’ve been a bit lazy with my camera too these days. It’s kind of a lot of work (or at least I tell myself that).
Lisa recently posted..Happiness Is A State Of Mind

8 Danielle September 13, 2013 at 8:51 am

Lucas is so cute! Love the smile. Such a happy baby! I totally have a bag of plastic bags and use them all the time. It can be so helpful ;) Happy Friday!
Danielle recently posted..The Benefits of Coconut

9 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl September 13, 2013 at 8:56 am

HAHA I love his little smile it’s so heartwarming! And yes… I have like 3 plastic bags filled to the brim with more plastic bags. For cat poop. Ew!! But really. I must try that yogurt.
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..Fun Facts Friday 9/13

10 Alaina September 13, 2013 at 8:56 am

Yes to the plastic bags! I have a whole stash on the top shelf of my pantry. They make great trash bags for small recepticles! :-)

I am going to have to try that Oikos; I love the coffee flavor.

Happy Friday Courtney!
Alaina recently posted..Wordful Wednesday

11 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life September 13, 2013 at 8:57 am

Brunch with girlfriends is the best! It sounds like you have a great weekend planned! :)

I’ve gotta try that cafe latte yogurt flavor! Sounds so so good!

12 Lindsey September 13, 2013 at 9:00 am

Glad you are feeling better!
I totally do have one of those plastic bags! Lol.
I have had that problem so many nursery items, I get an idea in my head and spend so much time looking for something that just might not exist. I wish I was more crafty sometimes!

13 lauren September 13, 2013 at 9:00 am

Hmm…two daytime naps of an hour each is a good day here. My little giy is 8weeks and I’m still waiting for the good 2-3 hour naps. At least he sleeps thru the night, 9/11pm – 5/6am.
Yup, we stash those bags for everything! TGIF!!

14 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun September 13, 2013 at 9:05 am

Haha we have a bag of plastic bags sitting in our kitchen cabinet right now! I use them for cat liter and trash and such. Hope little man starts napping a little bit more for you soon :) Glad you are feeling better!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My Recovery Secret

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 13, 2013 at 9:10 am

Oh yes, we definitely have those plastic bags! I’ve been using them for Addie’s diapers. As soon as she gets a poopy one, I throw the bag in the garbage bin in the garage and put a new one in her room. Lucas’s poop probably doesn’t stink too badly yet, but just wait haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My 29th Birthday (The Sequel).

16 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne September 13, 2013 at 9:17 am

Mmmmm I love anything coffee flavor, speaking of which, I haven’t had coffee in what feels like years! I think I may need some coffee froyo in my life soon :) Or maybe I need to develop a coffee ice cream recipe……Aw, that picture of Lucas, not smiling, just staring, I find it so adorable. He has the cutest eyes!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Ah, Minty Freshness

17 Jenny September 13, 2013 at 9:37 am

Lucas looks so happy in all of those pictures!!!! Glad you are feeling better.

What are you looking for exactly for the alphabet spelling for Lucas’ room? I may be able to help with suggestions or even with making it for you depending what it is.

And about those plastic bags – of course we have a bag of them stuffed in our front closet. I constantly try to come up with a solution or a new way to store them and it never fails that they stay stuffed bag in bag (sometimes in bag!) in there though!
Jenny recently posted..Friday Favorites: 9-13-13

18 Tina @ Best Body Fitness September 13, 2013 at 9:50 am

1. Need to try that coffee yogurt. I kept thinking they needed a coffee flavor of Greek yogurt.

2. Definitely have the bag of plastic bags.

3. The shower thing? Not just a new mom problem. There are still days I don’t shower until after the kids are in bed or not at all.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Fit Friends

19 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance September 13, 2013 at 10:02 am

I hate it when I have something in mind and I can’t find anywhere! There should be an online shop called “Britt’s Wish List” and it automatically sells exactly what I’m thinking about! Lol. Have a great weekend!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Seven Day Detox: Day 4

20 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 13, 2013 at 10:04 am

So glad you’re feeling better! Well, Lucas certainly looks like a happy little guy! Hopefully his naps will get back on schedule soon!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Power Foods Friday – Eggplant

21 Jessica September 13, 2013 at 10:05 am

I have a bag of plastic bags under the kitchen sink. I use them as liners for the small trash and throughout the house. My biggest effort when it comes to recycling! Your son looks so happy – love the pics.

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 13, 2013 at 10:06 am

I’m a strict mama when it comes to naps. ;) I need my me time, plus Hunter is not a happy boy if he doesn’t get good sleep. If he doesn’t fall asleep (or stay asleep), I put him in his swing, and it passes him out every time!

I’m so glad you’re feeling better! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..20 Q&A’s About Yours Truly

23 Lauren September 13, 2013 at 10:14 am

We definitely have a bag full of other bags in our house. What else are you going to do with them?! They make good poopie bags for Elmo LOL. Anyway, I’ve been using hashtags everywhere, too. I promised myself I wouldn’t but sometimes they just make things so much funnier because they’re almost sarcastic!

24 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 13, 2013 at 10:19 am

the plastic bags of other plastic bags..haha YUP. Except we pretty much just keep ours in a disorganized pile. Have a great weekend! brunch plans sound like they will be so fun!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Enchilada Bake

25 Miranda @ Miranda Runs September 13, 2013 at 10:22 am

Haha I totally have the plastoc bag-ception going on ;) Lucas is such a little cutie!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..A Friend {Day 13}

26 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers September 13, 2013 at 10:37 am

So cute and so happy! Brunch on Sunday sounds like a fabulous idea. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Friday Five

27 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog September 13, 2013 at 11:11 am

Glad you are feeling better!

Once again you remind me how you can’t understand what it is like to BE a mom until you are. I love reading your posts and learning more :-) Even though it’s no easy job, you make me excited!

I’ve seen those corn english muffins in the store but I never buy them. Guess I’m going to have to start!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Kitchen Adventures: Houseguests Must Work For Food!

28 Carson September 13, 2013 at 11:12 am

I text in hashtags! I made the mistake of doing it to my mom once, and she was completely clueless.
Carson recently posted..The longest day of my life

29 Gabrielle September 13, 2013 at 11:34 am

hahaha for the plastic bag thing. I honestly think that EVERYBODY has one of those in their house! My parents were doing it so when I moved out I started doing the exact same thing lol

We dont have any of the Thomas products here in Quebec and I’m seriously dying to try some! I’m a sucker for english muffins so I’m sure I would love the corn ones. I would do anything to try the pumpkin ones also, pumpkin+english muffin = best thing ever!!

30 Alaina September 13, 2013 at 11:56 am

That Cafe Latte yogurt by Oikos is also delicious blended with ice, banana and peanut butter!

31 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 13, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I have to admit to being guilty of that in my house! So glad you’re feeling better :) Have a great weekend!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Backcountry Beauty Queen

32 Angie September 13, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Haha! I have the bag problem too! What about the frozen greek yogurt? Have you tried it yet?

33 Ellie September 13, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Ha ha! I wasn’t sure if I was one of the odd ones for not taking a shower everyday and only a few times a week. Also, Lucas is so adorable and he looks like he’s up to trouble in those pictures :P
Ellie recently posted..September Favorites

34 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run September 13, 2013 at 1:39 pm

yay for a happy baby!

35 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 13, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Lucas is getting so BIG! Hope he lets you get a little more sleep in this weekend! Have a great weekend!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..The Theme Is Pumpkin

36 Shel@PeachyPalate September 13, 2013 at 3:24 pm

My granny has a bag of bags and a bag of old wrapping paper – she keeps it from presents she receives, to reuse in theory but she never does! Glad your feeling better!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A chocolate raspberry sensation

37 Kaylie September 13, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Lucas is such a cutie!!!!! Im glad youre feeling better- have a great weekend!
Kaylie recently posted..Who Gives You the Right to Call her Muscles FAT?!

38 Brooke September 13, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Super cute alphabet prints: http://www.uhohpasghettio.com/

Have a great weekend & good luck with those naps. At least he’s a happy no-nap-ninja :)
Brooke recently posted..Five on Friday

39 Annette@FitnessPerks September 13, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I defffffff have a bag full of bags. #winning

Lucas is adorable!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..A Bunch of Random Musings

40 Leigha @ Minougirl September 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Yay for feeling better! And yay for the weekend. Have a great one Court!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {9/9 – 9/13}

41 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet September 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Ever since I got a Twitter, I’ve gotten into the habit of hashtagging EVERYTHING. #sorryimnotsorry
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Fig and Goat Cheese Salad

42 Lisa September 14, 2013 at 7:09 am

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. I loved the post about the plastic bags. I’m one of those people, of course mine normally get dropped off at the grocery store for recycling or they are in a plastic container in my garage (always helpful when I’m pulling weeds or dropping food off to my church’s food pantry). Enjoy your weekend.

43 Nala September 14, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Lol, I’m so guilty of the plastic bag thing! I have one or two big bags usually filled with loads of plastics. Lucas is too cute =) Great to hear is in high spirits, I just hope he will start napping soon so you can get some down time.

44 Sarah @ Sweet Miles September 17, 2013 at 9:26 am

HAHA Just cracked up at #6. If you open up our pantry in the kitchen…oh my…plastic bags galore!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Meal Planning: Week One

45 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com September 19, 2013 at 7:20 pm

yes, i have a giant plastic bag filled with more plastic bags underneath our sink. they’re great for to fill the trash cans!
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Apple Bread