Popping In

by Courtney on September 18, 2013

Hey friends! Happy hump dayyyy to you all!

Just wanted to pop in to say hello. As you’ve probably noticed, I haven’t had much of a chance to post this week, and that’s mostly thanks to our internet being out. It had been out of commission since Monday and we finally just got someone here from the company this afternoon to fix things. Sheesh.

So I’ll just fill you guys in with a little recap of life lately. Basically, it’s been really, really good. We had a great weekend filled with tons of friends. I enjoyed a delicious brunch with my girls, we enjoyed some great family time as the four of us (can’t forget about Cody…),

and Sunday was, of course, football Sunday. Lucas was all decked out for the event.

This week is already flying (is it seriously Wednesday??) but things are going great. Lucas appears to be done boycotting his naps (for now) and we’ve been on a really good routine. I also bought him a new play mat this week after seeing/reading so many great reviews (the Fisher Price Discover ‘n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym), and he is LOVING it.

With the way his feet are always moving, I had a feeling it would be a hit. I was right. Smile

IMG_3373IMG_3380

As for me (ya know, since this blog isn’t ALL about Lucas) things are going good! Now that I’m feeling fully recovered from that awful mastitis from last week, I’m working on getting back into the exercise scene. I mentioned it briefly, but I’m participating in the latest round of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp.

I initially tried starting last week, but since I really only got two days in before getting sick, I’m just starting over this week. So far, I’ve gotten three workouts in this week – most of them at least slightly modified for my lack of strength (wheww!) – but they’re going great. I’m loving being able to get back into things again, even if it is at a much lower intensity that it used to be.

Food hasn’t been too exciting, really, but this week I’m starting to make a better effort at eating more well-rounded meals. Admittedly, I hadn’t been making the best choices the last few weeks. I found myself, on more than one occasion, using the “oh, I’m breastfeeding! I need extra calories!” excuse, and chowing down on ice cream, cookies, and the like.

This week, I’m trying my best to use those extra calories (because they are still needed!) on healthier options like eggs (I’ve missed them!),

salads (with leftover Mexican chicken, yum!), and smoothies.

IMG_3359IMG_3395

Later this afternoon, Lucas and I are meeting up with my friend Kanika and her sweet baby girl, Kaura, for a little lunch date so I’m looking forward to that. And tonight, my parents are dropping by for a Lucas visit and bringing us dinner. Saweeeet!

So yeah, that’s a little overview of what’s been happening around here. What’s been up with all of you? Winking smile

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 18, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I always love hearing how you’re doing! I’m so glad things are going well and that you’re feeling better and little Lucas is napping well again. :) xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #98: Wonky Appetite

2 Holly September 18, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Court,

He is just adorable. That smile melts my heart!!
Enjoy your baby date (aren’t they the best?!) & dinner from your parents. Dinner is always so much better when you don’t have to make it :D

3 Stacey M. September 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Glad to hear things are going well for you and your family. As far as fitness goes, isn’t it amazing how long it takes your body to build up to a particular fitness level and (ironically) how quickly it loses stamina once you’ve taken a break? I took a couple months off from the gym this summer, so I could enjoy taking my workouts outside (walking and biking mostly) and I couldn’t believe how difficult my elliptical workout felt upon returning. I mean, I was only away for about 2 months total and I was STILL exercising during those 2 months! Crazy …
Anyway, my life has been pretty busy these past few months. My boyfriend is currently racing in a New York Super Stock class and we’ve been on the go all summer – Buffalo, Rochester, Elmira, etc. It’s been an absolutely insane summer for sure, but it’s also been fun seeing new places and meeting new people. I am, however, ready for things to slow down and actually be able to tend to my home again. Thankfully, he only has 3 more races on the schedule for this year.

4 Annette@FitnessPerks September 18, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Yay! Glad to hear things are ‘normalizing’ a bit with his naps & your feeling better/doing workouts. I bet that feels great!

Well, I have just a few weeks left of this pregnancy, so that’s whats up with me! ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Bootcamp Workout

5 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine September 18, 2013 at 1:47 pm

He is so, so happy!! love all of the smiles!! :)

6 Colleen September 18, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Lucas is SO ADORABLE!!! You are doing such a good job Mom! :D

7 Katie @ running4cupcakes September 18, 2013 at 2:08 pm

We have that same baby mat and my Luke loved it too!! Perfect for when he gets older, because the piano flips up so he can play it while sitting!! And that pic of Cody is so hilarious! Love it. :)
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..HLS–Day 3

8 Stephanie September 18, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Not having internet SUCKS! I don’t have internet at home so keeping up with my blog and homework is definitely challenging. Glad that you finally have it back :)
Stephanie recently posted..Spartacus Workout and Home Improvements

9 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life September 18, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Ahh he’s growing up so fast! Look at his adorable little smile:) Not having Internet does suck! The whole first 3 weeks at college the Internet was down. It was so annoying!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..WIAW 9/18- pumpkinpumpkinpumpkin!

10 Kelly September 18, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I LOVE that picture of Cody…. SO funny.

11 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes September 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Crazy how much he’s grown already!!!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..What recovery is. And what it’s not.

12 Courtney September 19, 2013 at 9:11 am

I know!!!! It’s just crazy

13 Shel@PeachyPalate September 18, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Glad he’s back to napping!!! Did you not eat eggs while you were pregnant?

14 Courtney September 19, 2013 at 9:11 am

I did, but not very often. It was harder to make them in the morning with work. And now it’s still a little hard with Lucas in the mornings lol :)

15 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun September 18, 2013 at 3:10 pm

What an adorable little outfit!!! He is so precious! I am so glad to hear things are going so well for you and that you are feeling better! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Not All Workouts “Work Out”

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 18, 2013 at 3:43 pm

That picture of Cody is just too cute. And Lucas is looking cute as always – love those toothless grins :D Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … pesky peanut allergies .

17 Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction September 18, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Mason has that same play mat at his grandparents and he loves it. He will sit at the piano for long periods of time. He still plays with it at over a year old – great investment :)
Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..A Letter to Mason

18 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Glad to hear that things are going swimmingly over there! :) It must feel wonderful to get to move again too. The kiddy and the kitty are lookin’ as adorable as ever!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Second Celebration

19 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 18, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I laughed so hard when I saw that picture of Cody on Instagram. Priceless!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Who Doesn’t Love It?

20 Michelle Kim September 18, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Good to know what you’ve been up to :)
I think Lucas (especially his eyes) looks so much like you! Maybe people say something different if they see him in person. In any case, he’s such a cute baby!!!

21 Ashlee@HisHers September 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm

It’s good to get a little recap from you! I miss your daily posts, but of course, you have much more important things to attend to right now. More important things being that adorable little man!

22 Courtney September 19, 2013 at 9:13 am

Aww thank you! I’m hoping to get back into a regular routine eventually but Lucas will always be my #1 now :)

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 18, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Awww I love the pictures of Lucas on his playmat! What a cutie. Addie used to love her playmat, too. But now she prefers her jumper. It’s amazing how quickly they change! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 5 Months Old

24 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake September 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Oh my word, has he won the cutest baby award yet? He’s adorbs!
Eggs and toast! Classic, yum!
I was just thinking today how much I want to make mexican chicken! Its just about the easiest thing to make
Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..I Love Crackers! (Review)

25 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 18, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Glad to hear that you’re doing well! Lucas really looks like he’s enjoying that playmat, I’d say that was a fantastic buy!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: At the HLS Sessions.

26 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com September 18, 2013 at 6:18 pm

thanks for the tip on the playmat-looks like a good one to get for all the baby showers I will be going to soon
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Homemade Applesauce

27 Andrea @ pencils and pancakes September 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Lucas is so cute!!! I wanted to do BBB but I am scared it will be difficult with my back injury.
Andrea @ pencils and pancakes recently posted..Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash

28 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Can’t get enough Lucas pics! Seriously, how cute is he?!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 54

29 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen September 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Glad you are feeling better!! Good luck with bootcamp :) AND Lucas is adorable!!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Was It 6 Miles or 8 Miles…

30 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 18, 2013 at 8:53 pm

So glad to hear that things are all going well and I’m sure it’s a relief that Lucas is napping again. That pic of Cody under the playmate is so darn cute!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..{Guest Post} Toxic Beauty

31 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections September 19, 2013 at 8:40 am

Aw, I hate when the internet goes down!

Lucas always looks so happy! I know it’s unlikely that you’d post a picture of him when he’s crying, but still. He looks like the happiest baby!

32 Courtney September 19, 2013 at 9:10 am

Hahaha oh he definitely has his fussy moments! But you’re right, they just don’t photograph as well ;-)

33 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne September 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

Love that picture of Cody, way too adorable! Woohoo for workouts!! Getting back at it is always a great feeling :) Hahaha well if I just had a kid, I would be using the saying the same thing ;)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Sooo Much Sugar

34 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog September 19, 2013 at 9:46 am

That best body boot camp sounds like a great idea! I am going to check it out. I love Lucas’ outfit :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Protein with a Touch of Honesty

35 Tina @ Best Body Fitness September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am

Glad to know things are well! I was wondering why you weren’t popping up on my reader. And yay for internet being back. That is always such a pain when it goes out!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..20 Questions