Lunch Date & Brinner

by Courtney on September 19, 2013

Good morning to you all! What’s shakin’ this morning? Little man just went down for his morning nap so here we are.

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a lunch date planned with my friend Kanika and her daughter, Kaura. We both met up at Bountiful Bread, which is a place I’ve been to a couple of times, and since it was absolutely gorgeous out, we grabbed a table outside.

I ordered a “create your own salad,” with cucumbers, carrots, dried cranberries, grilled chicken, apple slices, and avocado. It was good, but since each topping was an extra charge, it wound up getting quite expensive. So for someone who likes about 1,000,000 toppings in her salad, I’m not sure the create your own option is the way for me to go. Winking smile

The four of us spent a good hour and a half or so just hanging out and catching up. Since Kaura is exactly 4 weeks younger than Lucas, we have a lot in common and a lot to talk about. Thankfully, Lucas was pretty good and just hung out in his car seat, until he started to get hungry. I always bring an emergency bottle with me just in case when I go out…and he almost always winds up taking it.

I wish I had taken a picture without his bib on…he had the cutest little polo on!

He’s also still trying to figure out if he likes his Wubbanub. I bought it for him earlier this week but he doesn’t seem to be crazy about it; he’s a little off and on when it comes to taking a pacifier (sometimes he’s all about it, other times he could care less) but he does seem to like having it near him and he will cuddle with it. Either way, it’s still cute.

A few hours later, my parents came over for dinner, and they came prepared to make us a delicious…brinner! Mmmmm, I love me some breakfast for dinner. Winking smile

My dad actually brought all of his ingredients, including his waffle iron, and made all of us some of his “world famous” waffles. I’ve mentioned these on the blog a few times…they are seriously THE best.

We don’t have any major plans for today, so I am hoping to get out for a walk with Lucas later because it’s another beautiful day out there. Gotta enjoy it while we can!

Talk soon, my friends! Smile

1 Amy @ The Little Honey Bee September 19, 2013 at 10:50 am

Brinner is seriously the best meal ever. Need me a waffle maker stat.
Amy @ The Little Honey Bee recently posted..3 Minute Apple Crisp {for one}

2 Kathryn September 19, 2013 at 10:53 am

My daughter wound up being on her binky for about 2 years. In the beginning, she was like Lucas, not sure if she wanted it or not. Wound up, she just didn’t like that style. I bought her a different style, and the rest is history. My son wouldn’t take one at all, though. I kinda wish he had, cuz I was basically his binky for 6 months (if you get what I mean) and OWWWW!

3 Lisa September 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

That salad looks amazing.
But, that Breakfast for Dinner definitely looks like it has it beaten. I love Brinner, probably my favorite meal to have.
Enjoy the lovely day with Lucas! He’s too cute.

4 Melanie @ beautifully nutty September 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

My mouth legit watered when I saw the waffle photo! It has been far too long since I’ve enjoyed good old fashioned waffles!! I am with you on the build your own salad bit—I’m a girl who piles a gajillion things on my salads so that would cost me a small fortune!
Melanie @ beautifully nutty recently posted..Spin Class with Olympian Dara Torres

5 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 19, 2013 at 11:00 am

That is so sweet of your parents! Your dad bringing his waffle iron is the cutest thing ever. How lucky you and Jay are! Also, Lucas is seriously adorable and I love how smiley he seems to be!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Another Day, Another Green Monster

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 19, 2013 at 11:03 am

I can’t even remember the last time I broke out the waffle maker…I think I need to get on that soon!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..HLS Recap: Sunday.

7 Angela @ Health's Angel September 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

Okay I’m not even much of a waffle person but I think those would convert me. Wow they look good! :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Self-Doubt in Your Twenties

8 Lauren September 19, 2013 at 11:14 am

Breakfast foods are the best foods. Who doesn’t like things doused in syrup and ketchup? I could eat it for every meal of the day!

9 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique September 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

LOVE waffles. Brinner is always a great idea :)

10 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance September 19, 2013 at 11:19 am

Ok. It’s official. You have the cutest baby on the planet!!!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..THROWBACK THURSDAY “TEN YEARS”: A DAY IN THE LIFE

11 Julie September 19, 2013 at 11:20 am

Bah, I hate when they charge per topping for salads. I LOVE huge salads and mine always ends up being $12+
Julie recently posted..Pesto Chicken with Quinoa and Old School Jams

12 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life September 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

I never did a binkie when I was a baby. My parents decided they didn’t want to deal with the whole “weaning” process haha! I LOOOVE brinner. Like, LOVE it. I need to have it soon!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Thursday Thoughts 9/19

13 Annette@FitnessPerks September 19, 2013 at 11:32 am

Brinner is a GREAT idea!

We have the wubanub (a good friend gave it to us at a shower), so we shall see if baby girl likes it in a few weeks or so! :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Appreciate the Little Things

14 Ashley {Whole Foods New Body} September 19, 2013 at 12:05 pm

We do breakfast for dinner almost every Friday night. I love making homemade waffles for my kids! They think it is such a treat and what they don’t know is that it is a really easy and cheap dinner!! Although….I may need to upgrade my waffle maker!

15 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog September 19, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I love create your own salads…but I HATE how they charge per topping. And breakfast for dinner is my favorite :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Protein with a Touch of Honesty

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 19, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Breakfast for dinner is one of the best things there is ENjoy the gorgeous weather for me! It’s currently -freezing- over here!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #46 .

17 Erica September 19, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I had a Wubbanub for my son when he was about Lucas’ age. My son didn’t seem to care about it too much. He was fine with any old pacifier and I found the Wubbanub to be too big and bulky for him. Now he is almost 9 months old and he loves it! He cuddles with it at night and its pretty cute to see!

18 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl September 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Love breakfast for dinner and waffles are my very favorite breakfast! Little Lucas gets cuter every day!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Day 3 of the Healthy Living Summit

19 Ashley @ Life and Fitness September 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Breakfast for dinner is always a winner in my house :)
I feel ya on the expensive toppings. When I go to Whole Foods my food always ends up super expensive.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Double Duty Products

20 Nicole @ FruitnFitness September 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Brinner is always a good choice! I wouldn’t do well with a create your own salad if they charged for toppings. I love having all different kinds of toppings on my salads. I mean the lettuce is only an excuse to eat all the toppings.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Paw Paw Ice Cream

21 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun September 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Yum that salad and waffle both look delicious! That was so nice of your dad to bring the stuff over to make that for you all :) Dad’s are the best!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Honey Stinger Energy Chews Product Review

22 Ellen September 19, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Brinner is the best! Last night I made buckwheat pancakes with blueberries and organic honey. It was so good and so simple, which is perfect after a long day at work!

23 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 19, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hunter was hit or miss with the paci when he was younger too. Now he’ll hardly ever take it. I don’t really mind though because it’s one less thing I have to worry about weaning him from! ;)

Brinner is the BOMB!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..09/19/13: Thursday Thoughts

24 Shel@PeachyPalate September 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I’ve never had fresh waffles…would you believe you can’t buy waffle irons here in Ireland…I keep contemplating shipping one in!!! Random nosey question…did you say you are or aren’t breastfeeding? Or you just not in to doing it in public? I’ve a vague recollection of having read that…
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Roll, layer or stack em!

25 Courtney September 19, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Yep, I’m breastfeeding! I pump daily too so if I need a bottle I’m all set. If not, it goes in the freezer :)

26 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Brinner is seriously the best ever! In fact, I think breakfast will be on the menu tonight! ;-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..{Guest Post} Healthy Snack Foods to Keep at Work

27 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes September 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Tell your dad he is welcome at my place any time ;-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Crazy clipper lady, priceless art work, pizza, and frosting.

28 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 19, 2013 at 5:41 pm

It must be so nice to have your parents so close! I’m sure they’re a huge help with the new little one :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Avoiding Controversy

29 Leigha @ Minougirl September 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Lol.. make your own salads don’t work well for me! I order every topping! Does your dad have one of those old fashioned metal waffle makers? My cross country coach has one and it is the coolest thing ever!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Pasta and Pumpkin

30 Ellie@Fit for the soul September 19, 2013 at 7:05 pm

That waffle!!!!! 0_0 I wanna try it really bad, haha. Too bad I don’t have a waffle iron but one of these days….;) And that’s awesome that Lucas behaved as you girls hung out–it’s such a blessing when you can actually have a conversation without interruptions!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Squash Pie Cups with Maple Mascarpone Cream {gf}

31 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com September 19, 2013 at 7:10 pm

i like a hundred thinks on my salads as well-and avocado is always the expensive one! i justify it though because i dont use any salad dressing-the avocado is enough!
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Apple Bread

32 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes September 19, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Love waffles. I bought a waffle iron…the kind they have at hotels for breakfast…this is making me want to take it out of the box finally!
Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes recently posted..Popsugar Must Have Box- Septemeber 2013

33 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen September 19, 2013 at 8:39 pm

How fun that your parents came over to make you brinner!! :) Love it!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Snack Bites

34 Steph @ StephSnacks September 19, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Oh my gosh that waffle looks so good! Now I want one!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..The Little Things

35 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 20, 2013 at 8:07 am

Waffles for dinner sound perfect to me! I wish when I made waffles that they would look like that. I need practice ;)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Bath & Body Items…

36 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 20, 2013 at 8:23 am

I’ve been horrible at commenting lately, normally because I’m reading on my phone and trying to comment is WAY too much work ;) BUT Lucas is so freakin’ adorable. I swear, I would just sit around and look at him all day if I was in your shoes :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..It FINALLY Happened