Weekend Highlights {9/23}

Hey hey! Happy Monday, friends. How was the weekend? Since it was the first weekend of FALL and all, did anyone do anything fun and, umm, fall-ish?

We didn’t necessarily do anything fall-ish (although we will be going apple picking and celebrating Fall Festival in just a couple weeks!) but we did have a great weekend. Saturday morning, I had a bridal shower to go to so Mr. Lucas got to spend the morning with dad. Unfortunately, things weren’t going too well with the little guy so I wound up having to come home a little early. Of course, by the time I got home he was happy as a clam. Isn’t that how it always works?

His afternoon was still a little rough (since he decided he was too cool for naps once again) but after squeezing in a broken 2-hour stretch of one, we were out the door again so he could attend his first birthday party!

IMG_3424IMG_3426

Albeit, we were two hours late, but hey, I guess it’s bound to happen. Winking smile His friend Jacks (the son of my very talented friend, Christina) turned three, and had an adorable construction-themed par-tay. Lucas even got his first goody bag…how cute is that?!

Sunday started off with lots of the usual house stuff, and then Lucas and I went out for a little walk. It was a perfectly crisp first day of fall, so I couldn’t resist a little outdoor time.

Plus, I got to test out my new pair of Reebok Crossfit Nano Speed shoes.

IMG_3440IMG_3442

The Nano Speeds were built to perform for all CF WODs and for cross-training activities of any kind.  It was built for more running-focused cross-training, but the 4mm drop still provides stability for lifts and other activities. It is still a training shoe, but with a slightly narrower fit than the Nano 2.0 or 3.0, it’s now much more runner-friendly.

I even managed to get a few jogging bursts into my walk yesterday and I’d say they felt nice and stable. Plus, I mean, just check out those colors. Pretty sweet, right?

*****

Later in the afternoon, we all headed out the door once again to go to my parents’ house for the Jets game. I mean, you can’t really tell we’re Jets fans, can you? Winking smile

We all enjoyed plenty of the usual snacks, had a few great laughs, and just had an overall great evening (especially since the Jets actually WON!).

I totally think they won just because Lucas was wearing his “lucky onesie” though. He wore it when they won a couple of weeks ago, so obviously, that’s got to be it.

No, I’m not superstitious at all.

Today, we’re back to the grind, BUT, I’ve already got my workout in for the day (lower body + 20 mins cardio) so let’s just hope I can go squeeze in that shower before the little man wakes back up.

Catch you all later, friends! Smile

Comments

You look great!! I love the colors of those shoes! Lucas is adorable in the stroller pics- of course he had to be happy when you get home because he got to see his momma! Looks like a beautiful weekend- I can’t wait until the Steelers (yes, I know they are horrible right now) play during the day so I can make some appetizers and enjoy the game! It’s too late for me to stay up at night haha
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Monday Comes too Soon- MIMM

Happy Fall! I pulled out the fall decorations on Saturday so the house is looking pretty and festive! I LOVE this season and am so excited for the cooler crisp days, sweatshirts, long cool walks, bonfires, apples, and football.
    I’m glad your Jets are winning, because our MN Vikings definitely aren’t.
    Happy Monday, beautiful!
    Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Project Freezer Clean Out

Woo hoo! Way to get that workout in early! I can imagine how frustrating it is when he doesn’t want to nap :-) My BF’s niece will fight the naps with all of her might. She’ll be rubbing her eyes and walking around all wobbly, knowing she needs to nap, but not wanting to do it. It’s so cute -thought I don’t know it’s as cute for her Mommy!

I am loving that good bag as well :-)

So excited about it finally being fall – my favorite time of the year!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Six Sometimes Healthy Snacks-on-the-Go

I was hoping Elmo’s jersey would be a good luck charm for the Eagles but it doesn’t seem to working out too well. Can I tell you how much I LOVE your parents basement with all of the Jets things?! I adore football so this is awesome!

I try so SO hard to get into football. I’ve sat down so many times in hopes that I’ll somehow begin loving watching football but I CAN’T. It doesn’t help that I can’t understand the sport and that Montana doesn’t have a pro football team (BOO). PS you’re gorgeous! You look so great in turquoise :)
    Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Full {Day 23}

Sounds like the perfect friend and family filled weekend! Love the Nanos! We don’t have the variety of colours on offer to us yet here in Ireland and only the Nano 3.0 not the running one but they are my all time fav shoe!

7. Nala says

Lucas is just too cute! It’s amazing to see how he is growing up slowly but surely. I think your little guy is really lucky to have a mama like you =) Those shoes actually look comfy and I love the bright colors!