Weekend Highlights {9/23}

by Courtney on September 23, 2013

Hey hey! Happy Monday, friends. How was the weekend? Since it was the first weekend of FALL and all, did anyone do anything fun and, umm, fall-ish?

We didn’t necessarily do anything fall-ish (although we will be going apple picking and celebrating Fall Festival in just a couple weeks!) but we did have a great weekend. Saturday morning, I had a bridal shower to go to so Mr. Lucas got to spend the morning with dad. Unfortunately, things weren’t going too well with the little guy so I wound up having to come home a little early. Of course, by the time I got home he was happy as a clam. Isn’t that how it always works?

His afternoon was still a little rough (since he decided he was too cool for naps once again) but after squeezing in a broken 2-hour stretch of one, we were out the door again so he could attend his first birthday party!

IMG_3424IMG_3426

Albeit, we were two hours late, but hey, I guess it’s bound to happen. Winking smile His friend Jacks (the son of my very talented friend, Christina) turned three, and had an adorable construction-themed par-tay. Lucas even got his first goody bag…how cute is that?!

Sunday started off with lots of the usual house stuff, and then Lucas and I went out for a little walk. It was a perfectly crisp first day of fall, so I couldn’t resist a little outdoor time.

Plus, I got to test out my new pair of Reebok Crossfit Nano Speed shoes.

IMG_3440IMG_3442

The Nano Speeds were built to perform for all CF WODs and for cross-training activities of any kind.  It was built for more running-focused cross-training, but the 4mm drop still provides stability for lifts and other activities. It is still a training shoe, but with a slightly narrower fit than the Nano 2.0 or 3.0, it’s now much more runner-friendly.

I even managed to get a few jogging bursts into my walk yesterday and I’d say they felt nice and stable. Plus, I mean, just check out those colors. Pretty sweet, right?

*****

Later in the afternoon, we all headed out the door once again to go to my parents’ house for the Jets game. I mean, you can’t really tell we’re Jets fans, can you? Winking smile

We all enjoyed plenty of the usual snacks, had a few great laughs, and just had an overall great evening (especially since the Jets actually WON!).

I totally think they won just because Lucas was wearing his “lucky onesie” though. He wore it when they won a couple of weeks ago, so obviously, that’s got to be it.

No, I’m not superstitious at all.

Today, we’re back to the grind, BUT, I’ve already got my workout in for the day (lower body + 20 mins cardio) so let’s just hope I can go squeeze in that shower before the little man wakes back up.

Catch you all later, friends! Smile

1 MIZ September 23, 2013 at 8:56 am

I am in awe at how youre juggling everything—and so so so well.

xo

Carla
MIZ recently posted..You’re not a priority right now.

2 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections September 23, 2013 at 9:04 am

I went apple picking this weekend, along with just about everyone else I know! I dunno if it was in the air or what, but everyone I talked to this weekend also went. And it definitely showed because the orchard I went to was packed! It was super fun, though :)
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Apple Pickin’ Fun

3 Heather @fitncookies September 23, 2013 at 9:08 am

You look great!! I love the colors of those shoes! Lucas is adorable in the stroller pics- of course he had to be happy when you get home because he got to see his momma! Looks like a beautiful weekend- I can’t wait until the Steelers (yes, I know they are horrible right now) play during the day so I can make some appetizers and enjoy the game! It’s too late for me to stay up at night haha
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Monday Comes too Soon- MIMM

4 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl September 23, 2013 at 9:11 am

Sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend! We had great Fall-like weather here in Texas, too and I definitely took advantage of it. I also broke out the pumpkin and did a little Fall baking. Have a great week!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Marvelous Weekend Update

5 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty September 23, 2013 at 9:12 am

Happy Fall! I pulled out the fall decorations on Saturday so the house is looking pretty and festive! I LOVE this season and am so excited for the cooler crisp days, sweatshirts, long cool walks, bonfires, apples, and football.
I’m glad your Jets are winning, because our MN Vikings definitely aren’t.
Happy Monday, beautiful!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Project Freezer Clean Out

6 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance September 23, 2013 at 9:13 am

It sounds like the two of you are really getting into a routine and doing well as a family! Lucas is so adorable!! I can’t believe how well you juggle everything.
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Seven Day Detox Plan: Days 5 & 6

7 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog September 23, 2013 at 9:16 am

Woo hoo! Way to get that workout in early! I can imagine how frustrating it is when he doesn’t want to nap :-) My BF’s niece will fight the naps with all of her might. She’ll be rubbing her eyes and walking around all wobbly, knowing she needs to nap, but not wanting to do it. It’s so cute -thought I don’t know it’s as cute for her Mommy!

I am loving that good bag as well :-)

So excited about it finally being fall – my favorite time of the year!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Six Sometimes Healthy Snacks-on-the-Go

8 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun September 23, 2013 at 9:19 am

What a busy weekend you had!! Glad your Jets won and you were able to get a lot of great things in! Have a great Monday!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..TeeSpring: Shirts for a Cause

9 Christina September 23, 2013 at 9:19 am

My little girl thinks she’s too cool for naps too. If only they knew how wonderful sleep was! Your little man is so beautiful. Congratulations!

10 Ashley @ Life and Fitness September 23, 2013 at 9:28 am

You’ll have to keep getting bigger Jets onesies for him as he gets bigger so they can keep winning haha!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Mattituck Getaway

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 23, 2013 at 9:32 am

I baked some fig muffins this weekend, if that counts as fallish :) And I may have done a few fall-inspired happy dances to celebrate the fact that it’s -finally- my favourite season. The sights, the smells, the food, the fashion… I seriously love everything about this time of year
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... fig and goat cheese honey muffins .

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 23, 2013 at 9:36 am

That little Lucas is too cute! Glad you guys had a great weekend!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..This Weekend Was Just What I Needed

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 23, 2013 at 10:06 am

Gotta love those good-luck onesies! ;-) And the fall walk must have been so nice – I’m seriously loving the Fall-ish weather that’s been appearing lately!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Weekend in Pictures.

14 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 23, 2013 at 10:09 am

I just completely missed the football gene. I feel so lonely this time of year because I know I’m one of the only people who doesn’t like it ;)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I Am Capable

15 Lauren September 23, 2013 at 10:19 am

I was hoping Elmo’s jersey would be a good luck charm for the Eagles but it doesn’t seem to working out too well. Can I tell you how much I LOVE your parents basement with all of the Jets things?! I adore football so this is awesome!

16 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life September 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

I try so SO hard to get into football. I’ve sat down so many times in hopes that I’ll somehow begin loving watching football but I CAN’T. It doesn’t help that I can’t understand the sport and that Montana doesn’t have a pro football team (BOO). PS you’re gorgeous! You look so great in turquoise :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Full {Day 23}

17 Lisa September 23, 2013 at 10:30 am

I didn’t really get to do anything Fall-ish, but hopefully this weekend will be different.
I’ve been pretty excited about all things Fall, and finally the weather is cooperating too.
Lisa recently posted..Lovely Little Things

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl September 23, 2013 at 10:43 am

Those shoes are seriously awesome! I like my workout gear as BRIGHT as possible!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Guacamole Egg Salad

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 23, 2013 at 10:44 am

Sorry to hear your little guy’s naps having been too good. Addie has been having a few off days with her naps, as well. I don’t care as long as she isn’t cranky, but when she’s cranky, she can be a real stinker!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Readings Lately.

20 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet September 23, 2013 at 10:54 am

Better not let him grow out of that onsie then!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Food and Fitness Update

21 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 23, 2013 at 11:56 am

What a nice weekend! Those crossfit nanos are so awesome! I’m in the market for a new pair of running sneakers and I think these are going to be it. The colors are too cool!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #9 – My Love for Fall

22 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction September 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm

You will get used to having to change plans – It does get better no worries :)

We are going to Bowman’s Orchard in Rexford this weekend. Tim likes it the most (even though we have one that is up the road) You can pick at your leisure and you are in and out pretty easily.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Things I Am Loving

23 Ellie September 23, 2013 at 12:52 pm

What an eventful weekend, Courtney!!! Haha I totally relate to my lil Selah being a bit fussy and all happy when I come back home! ;)
Ellie recently posted..A Review of Artisana’s Products

24 Annette@FitnessPerks September 23, 2013 at 1:42 pm

That does sound like a great weekend!

I got in some quality time with the husband, relaxation, and then hung out with ashley & cody–it was a fun weekend! i got sick on Sunday, so I’m glad I’m feeling better!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Hit and Run 5K {Giveaway} + Snapshots

25 Shel@PeachyPalate September 23, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Sounds like the perfect friend and family filled weekend! Love the Nanos! We don’t have the variety of colours on offer to us yet here in Ireland and only the Nano 3.0 not the running one but they are my all time fav shoe!

26 Tara@PNWRunner September 23, 2013 at 4:00 pm

That is awesome that your family gets together for football! I love all the gear!!

27 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine September 23, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Yea Jets! It’s nice to find a fellow fan!

28 Nancy September 23, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Those new reeboks are so bright – but I LOVE the colour of them!

29 Leigha @ Minougirl September 23, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Football is okay, but I’d MUCH rather watch baseball! I’m so excited for fall. It’s the best season!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {9/16 – 9/20}

30 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes September 23, 2013 at 7:07 pm

His little face makes me smile so much every time I visit your blog.

I am definitely enjoying baseball more than football right now. Who would have thought the Pittsburgh Pirates are more exciting than the Steelers?
Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes recently posted..Things I’m Loving

31 Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette September 23, 2013 at 7:21 pm

You look amazing for just having your little guy! So glad you had a good weekend. :)
Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette recently posted..Working Out With A Newborn

32 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 23, 2013 at 8:26 pm

How sweet is Lucas in his little sweater?!

Love the new sneakers!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 9/22

33 Jenny September 24, 2013 at 11:18 am

you’re a natural at this whole mama thing. :)

LOVE the pictures of little Lucas smiling away!
Jenny recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday {Fish On!}

34 Nala September 29, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Lucas is just too cute! It’s amazing to see how he is growing up slowly but surely. I think your little guy is really lucky to have a mama like you =) Those shoes actually look comfy and I love the bright colors!