1. I started drafting this post up on Monday with the intention of gradually coming back and fillings things in when they came to me. I didn’t come back to it until last night.
2. The other day (when I was stuck in the car) one of the radio stations was having a throwback lunch hour. First song I heard was “Puppy Love” by Bow Wow…and the next song to follow was “The Thong Song” by Sisqo. Talk about bringin’ it back to the high school years! I love when I have memories behind certain songs.
3. This weekend, we’re hoping to get Lucas his Halloween costume. I’m so excited, and yet, we still can’t even decide on what we want him to be. No surprise there.
4. This weekend, we’re also planning on heading out to Chowderfest! (wow, that was from three years ago!) It’s always so much fun, and the weather is supposed to be great, so it should (hopefully) be a great day to take the babe in the stroller and enjoy some chowder.
5. I’ve been toying with the idea of cutting my hair again. It feels just so long and…blah these days. Part of me wants to totally change things up – color and all. We’ll see if I really have the balls to do it though.
6. Have you guys heard about these new Godiva truffles?
*Full disclosure: I was asked to share this video in a blog post as part of a promotion, but after seeing the video and reading about the product, I totally needed to get my hands on a box. Soooo, I agreed to share…and then I ordered some.
The cake truffle flight, to be exact. Can’t WAIT to see how these babies taste. Mmm mmmmm.
7. Yesterday, I did some major damage at Old Navy. And it was awesome. Gotta love the Stuff and Save event!
Yes, I bought both the button up and the vest!
Besides picking up the occasional top at Target here and there, it was my first real shopping trip for non-maternity clothes in well over a year. I’m really in need of new clothes for work, so since I can’t live in yoga pants forever (why? WHY??) I’m trying to restock the wardrobe.
8. The winner of the Love Grown Foods giveaway has been chosen!
Congrats to Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com with your shipping info so we can get your goodies sent to you!
9. If it wasn’t for a friend on Facebook just recently sending me a message about them, I would have totally forgotten all about my Apple Cider Cupcakes with Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting. Umm, yeah. If I can get my act together, I am soooo making these this weekend.
10. Did you guys know Trader Joe’s has pumpkins for only $3.99?? I stopped by yesterday and was super psyched to see them for that price…I feel like they’re usually closer to $8-10 anywhere else I look?
11. I’m looking forward to having a beer tonight. Just sayin’.
12. Have you guys heard about the nibble cake pan?
Talk about a genius idea. Need to get my hands on one of those ASAP.
13. I can’t do a Fun Facts Friday anymore without sharing a picture of Lucas.
And good news! He apparently did “great” with the babysitter yesterday! And actually, I should stop referring to her as a “babysitter” because it’s our good friend Erika who will be watching him. We did have another sitter all lined up, but a few weeks ago I had a breakdown and decided I just couldn’t send him to a stranger. I know many people do, and it’s totally fine…and I’m sure the woman we met with before is fantastic…but I just couldn’t do it. I’m having a hard enough time as it is. So it really just worked out so great and Lucas will be going to daycare with Erika and her little girl Sophie. He’ll have a friend to hang out with everyday…and that helps mama feel slightly better.
That’s all I’ve got today, friends! Happy Fridayyyyy!