WIAW: My Favorite Fro Yo Spot

by Courtney on October 16, 2013

Well…looks like I’m back sooner than I thought! Lucas was down for the count yesterday after having his shots and passed out in his car seat for a good hour, so that extra nap time gave this mama a little extra time for a workout, some cleaning, and this here blog post.

BUT, first things first…thank you all so much for the kind comments and virtual hugs yesterday. They were much needed and really meant a lot.

So now, switching gears a bit…I’ve actually got a WIAW post for you all!

Today’s post actually features all of Monday’s eats, so let’s go ahead and take a peek.

Breakfast

A Thomas’ corn English muffin (yummmm) topped with Justin’s Almond Butter and banana slices + coffee

IMG_3764_thumb

Wow, talk about crappy photos here. Sorry ‘bout that my friends.

IMG_3765_thumb

Lunch

My mom and I went shopping with Lucas late Monday morning in an attempt to find me some dress pants for heading back to work. Let me just say…pants shopping when you’re in between sizes is no bueno! Luckily, I found a few pairs at The Limited, and after that we grabbed some lunch in the food court (since Lucas was just about ready to be done with shopping for the day).

IMG_3766_thumb

There’s a wrap place in the food court, so I chose to get a grilled chicken salad in a tortilla bowl which was good, not great. Mom and I also shared some curly fries…again, good, not great.

IMG_3767_thumb

Dinner

Over the weekend I bought some tilapia to have for dinner this week (no more stinky cod) and cooked it using this recipe, which was pretty yummy. I served the fish along with brown rice and some roasted asparagus.

IMG_3796_thumb

Dessert

Shortly after dinner on Monday night, Jay and I headed out to one of our local furniture stores and ordered ourselves some new couches! We’ve been in the market for new ones for quite a while now, so I’ll be super psyched once they’re in.

On our way home, we juuuust so happened to be driving by my favorite fro yo spot AND we had a Groupon we could use, so we made use of it. Winking smile

IMG_3798_thumb

Lots of deliciousness happenin’ up in there (umm, they had a cinnamon roll flavor). We got our cups to go, came home, put Lucas to bed, then enjoyed them while watching The Voice. Perfect way to wind down the day if ya ask me.

So there’s another WIAW in the books! What’s one of the best things you’ve had so far this week? Smile

1 Madison October 16, 2013 at 8:07 am

That fro-yo looks simply amazing!!!! Best thing I’ve had this week? Probably a mojito Monday night. :)
Madison recently posted..Tone-It-Up Tuesday: Tricks to Curb Your Cravings

2 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl October 16, 2013 at 8:11 am

Yay for new furniture and froyo, of course! I’ve been roasting up cinnamon sweetened delicata squash like it’s going out of style!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..A squash day of eats!

3 Melissa October 16, 2013 at 8:16 am

Yum, frozen yogurt is ALWAYS a good idea! The best thing I’ve had this week, is winter squash and Yoplait 100 Calorie Yogurt. I love that Yoplait is doing the Save Lids to Save Lives program, so I find myself buying even more of their yogurt, in efforts to donate my share!
Melissa recently posted..Goodness in a Box!

4 Faith October 16, 2013 at 8:18 am

Hey Courtney,

I’m not a momma, so sadly I had no words of wisdom to offer to you yesterday…but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being honest about the ups and downs that you experience. Please, please, please do not ever apologize for discussing something that’s not OMG I LOVE KALE/working out is awesome/life is awesome/I am awesome. That’s why I love your blog so much (especially compared to others in your genre) – you’ve got such a great, positive spirit, yet it’s not fake or over the top. Here’s to hoping the transition is as smooth as possible – and thank you again for not being afraid to share the “not so great” stuff thats going on behind the scenes!

5 Catherine October 16, 2013 at 9:33 am

I couldn’t agree more!

6 Courtney October 16, 2013 at 9:55 am

Aww, thanks guys. I appreciate when people keep it real, so I just like doing the same :)

7 Christina October 16, 2013 at 8:18 am

That frozen yogurt looks so good. I love getting fro yo, I always get cake batter, it’s the best!
Christina recently posted..What We Ate Wednesday

8 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty October 16, 2013 at 8:28 am

Gosh can I hang out with you? That sounds like such a wonderful day (minus, the pants shopping part—I am not a fan)! After debating what to have for breakfast this morning I think after seeing this post I have decided it will need to involve some kind of nut butter and banana. I mean, can you really go wrong anyway? Num!
Have a happy hump day!
xoxo
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..When You Smile…

9 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog October 16, 2013 at 8:33 am

Yum! Isn’t it weird how fro-yo pictures never get old?? I think one of the best things that I’ve eaten this week is Banana Pudding from a bakery in NYC. Creamy vanilla pudding full of wafers and bananas. So so good. I may hop on a train back to NYC jut to get more!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: The Time I Carried a Squash from NYC

10 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 16, 2013 at 8:40 am

Love that chicken salad in a tortilla! There’s something about eating salad in a tortilla that always makes it taste just that much better! A new froyo place went in about 5 minutes away from where I work. I’m SO excited about that and I’m sure I’ll be there quite often! ;-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #17 – A Day Off…Again

11 Danielle October 16, 2013 at 8:40 am

Pumpkin macaroons from TJ’s. Ummmmmm seriously way to good!

12 Courtney October 17, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I gotta look for those!

13 Kierston October 16, 2013 at 8:45 am

I love Chocolate PB fro-yo and the tart flavour. I don’t typically get toppings as the flavours of the fro are sooo good!
Kierston recently posted..Starting Fresh….

14 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine October 16, 2013 at 8:55 am

That froyo looks fabulous. I will have to try it out if I’m ever in that area :)

15 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com October 16, 2013 at 9:03 am

i was just looking for a new recipe/method of cooking tilapia. thanks for the link!
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..“I’d Like To Quit The Gym” and Ten Things Tuesday

16 Tressa October 16, 2013 at 9:08 am

If you haven’t tried Thomas’ pumpkin spice muffins, I highly suggest you do. They are pretty amazing. Hope the rest of your work week goes smoothly!

17 Courtney October 17, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Ohhhhh I sure have!! They are incredible!

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 16, 2013 at 9:19 am

After seeing the Thomas’ corn muffins on your blog ages ago, I fell in love with them … but I can RARELY find them at any of my local grocery stores! It makes me so sad!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 6 months old

19 Courtney October 17, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Oh no!! Maybe you should email me your address… ;)

20 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne October 16, 2013 at 9:19 am

Well at least that tortilla bowl looks super good!!! And ever since my boyfriend made me try grilled asparagus last month, everytime I see it, it looks super good to me haha! Yum to froyo! Always a good pick :) I’m obsessed with the fact that the cup has a cat on it, just call me crazy cat lady hahah :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..A Tight Core??

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

I’m in need of finding some pumpkin froyo….must find pumpkin froyo! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate This Week

22 chelcie @ chelcie's food files October 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

mmm that fro yo looks deeelish! Thats a bummer the curly fries weren’t that great..because good curly fries are the best! i love when they have a little seasoning on them..yum!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Why are M&M’s so good?!

23 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance October 16, 2013 at 9:38 am

I just got back from a ten day vacation yesterday so I’m looking to get back on track. While I don’t go totally off the rails on vacation, I do allow myself to eat more than what I would normally eat. So last night I made these awesome kale and caramelized onion sandwiches with tomato soup. Soooo good and high on the veggie intake!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..A Little California Sunshine in Palm Springs

24 Andrea October 16, 2013 at 10:01 am

You HAVE to try Capital Yogurt in albany, just opened on new scotland ave by Grannies …. amaz!

25 Courtney October 16, 2013 at 10:02 am

I have not heard of this until just now…I’ll definitely have to look into it! Thanks for the tip ;)

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 16, 2013 at 10:06 am

Since it was Thanksgiving up here this past weekend, the best thing I’ve eaten has been a huge turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, gravy, and all. I’ll probably be sick of leftovers by the end of the week, but there’s nothing like a comforting turkey dinner now that the evenings are getting a lot darker/chillier.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … simple swaps .

27 Lauren October 16, 2013 at 10:28 am

I’m SO glad your spirits are lifted a little bit after yesterday. Things will fall into place with time… And if not, you have to give it more time. :)

28 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 16, 2013 at 10:29 am

Didn’t get a chance to comment yesterday, but I’m sending you lots of love and hugs! I can’t imagine, but like you said, once you get into your routine I’m sure you guys will all do great. And how wonderful is it that Lucas gets to be with a dear friend that you know and trust?!

I feel ya on the “in between” pant sizes thing… I have like 3 different sizes of pants in my closet at the moment. Ha! That’s when I appreciate places like Old Navy and Target because they don’t make me feel so bad when I have to buy new pants yet again! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #100: A Fun Day with Friends

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 16, 2013 at 10:32 am

It has definitely been way too long since I had froyo (by way too long, I mean like 3 weeks). I need to get on that soon! And your cod looks awesome, I’ll have to check out that recipe!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Holiday Monday.

30 Lyric October 16, 2013 at 10:53 am

I’ve recently discovered the deliciousness that is Almond Butter and now I cant get enough! My favourite way to eat it is with a spoon :) Glad to see your feeling a bit better!

31 Courtney October 17, 2013 at 8:30 pm

You MUST try Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. Seriously…it’s life changing!

32 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun October 16, 2013 at 10:54 am

Yum that froyo looks delicious! I had some of my own last night as well! It was just what I needed to curb my sweet tooth!

Yay for new couches!! It is always fun to get new furniture! Enjoy hope it looks awesome!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My First Day of Cross Training

33 Kathryn October 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

Best thing I had this week was my chicken nachos. It’s chicken, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and green chilies in the crock pot, then shredded. Yum!

34 Cassie @RedLetterDaye October 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I bought cod recently too instead of Tilapia, and no bueno. Never again.
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..WIAW: A change would do you good

35 Annette@FitnessPerks October 16, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Mmmmmm fro yo! Yumm.

Best thing I’ve had lately–my homemade butternut squash soup. So good! And swiss chocolate.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my lil’ girl, so that is keeping me pretty occupied lately! Best to you tomorrow!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Be Yourself

36 Katy @ Savor Life's Flavors October 16, 2013 at 12:38 pm

My Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats have been the best thing I have eaten this week! The recipe is up on my site today! :-)
Katy @ Savor Life’s Flavors recently posted..WIAW: 10/16/13

37 Ali October 16, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Clothes shopping for a postpartum body when you’re in between sizes isn’t the most fun thing in the world! I have been there. It’s frustrating for sure.

38 Ashlee@HisnHers October 16, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I’m impressed that your fro yo lasted all the way home and then MORE to put Lucas down. That wouldn’t have made the drive home if it were me! haha

39 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl October 16, 2013 at 1:41 pm

This is one of my favorite times of the year for food. The asparagus has been just plain AWESOME. I’m loving it. I can’t remember when the last time was that I had froyo! Looks delicious!!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..WIAW 10/16- Overnight Oats

40 Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream October 16, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Your WIAW meals look delish to me!! I’m a firm believe that not everything has to be for nutrition purposes only…sometimes you just want to have a french fry because you want to!! (Spoken from someone that knows from experience! ;) )
And my hubby and I always get our froyo to-go so we can put the kids to bed and enjoy it while we watch TV! :)
-Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com
Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted..WOD – October 16, 2013

41 Cailee October 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm

YUM! Looks like a tasty day of eats! Before I went gluten free I used to LOVE Thomas English muffins! You should try the cinnamon raisin ones! Sooo good with peanut butter on one half and butter on the other!
Cailee recently posted..Balanced Breakfasts

42 Stacey M. October 16, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Though I’ve never watched The Voice before, I did tune in last week because a contestant on the show is actually from my (very small) hometown of Boonville, NY! How exciting is that?! He’s probably 6-8 years older than I am, so I didn’t know him personally but many of the people in our town know who he is and are rooting for him. His name is Shawn Smith, aka “Big Sexy”, and he’s on Ceelo’s team this year. Pretty cool way to put our town “on the map” so-to-speak …

Probably the best thing I’ve eaten this week so far is one of the pumpkin muffins I made using Kim’s recipe (Hungry Healthy Girl). I didn’t have any coconut oil, so I just used unsweetened applesauce instead and they turned out really well. They’re delicious warmed up and topped with peanut butter (but of course, what isn’t?!).

43 Courtney October 17, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Hahaha, yes! Big Sexy!! That’s awesome!

44 Caitlin October 16, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I can bet that the between sizes shopping is super frustrating!!! But I’m sure it disappears when you see that baby boy’s little face :) mall food court food is always meh to me but that taco bowl actually looks pretty good! That tilapia meal looks so nice too, simple but satisfying. Cinnamon roll froyo?! I want. Also, I love whenever I see you have the English muffin + nut butter + banana slices breakfast because several years back that breakfast on this blog inspired me. Now it’s one of my faves to enjoy on a weekend when I’m not rushing off to work!
Caitlin recently posted..WIAW: Agave Grill Girl’s Night

45 Floey October 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I would go there just for the black cat cup :)

46 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves October 16, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Woohoo for Groupon! My family uses Groupon for food places religiously. My mom is all over their deals. Also, I must try those corn English muffins! I’m a huge fan of corn bread, so I feel like those are totally up my alley.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: A Dinner of Small Plates

47 MassachusEATS October 16, 2013 at 6:52 pm

That froyo looks amazinggg! As do the curly fries because its fact that fries taste better when they’re curly. ;)
MassachusEATS recently posted..WIAW…and a long awaited return

48 Leigha @ Minougirl October 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm

FROYO.. mmm :) Lovin’ the Christmas plate, lol! I’ve never tried tilapia, or cod for that matter. Perch and walleye for me!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Pumpkin Banana Bread

49 Julie October 17, 2013 at 12:31 am

Oh I was craving some froyo too!

50 Carie October 17, 2013 at 8:45 am

Cinnamon roll fro yo sounds delicious!

51 leigh @ beach and back runner October 17, 2013 at 11:59 am

Last night my husband and I got a craving for Halloween candy.. so we drove all the way to Target just for a bag of Reeses. It was awesome and totally worth it!

52 kristina g. October 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm

paleomg.com has some of the best recipes and yesterday i went to town in the kitchen..
sooo good!
yesterday i made a
1. pumpkin protein shake- tasted like ice cream/milk shake
2. paleo spicy buffalo chicken ” pasta” using spaqhetti squash
3. paleo pumpkin chocolate chip muffins..

yuuuuummm

53 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run October 17, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Do I spy a holiday plate!? Gettin’ into the spirit early ;)

54 Courtney October 17, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Hahaha…it’s actually in our cabinet all season long. ;)