WIAW: My Favorite Fro Yo Spot

Well…looks like I’m back sooner than I thought! Lucas was down for the count yesterday after having his shots and passed out in his car seat for a good hour, so that extra nap time gave this mama a little extra time for a workout, some cleaning, and this here blog post.

BUT, first things first…thank you all so much for the kind comments and virtual hugs yesterday. They were much needed and really meant a lot.

So now, switching gears a bit…I’ve actually got a WIAW post for you all!

Today’s post actually features all of Monday’s eats, so let’s go ahead and take a peek.

Breakfast

A Thomas’ corn English muffin (yummmm) topped with Justin’s Almond Butter and banana slices + coffee

IMG_3764_thumb

Wow, talk about crappy photos here. Sorry ‘bout that my friends.

IMG_3765_thumb

Lunch

My mom and I went shopping with Lucas late Monday morning in an attempt to find me some dress pants for heading back to work. Let me just say…pants shopping when you’re in between sizes is no bueno! Luckily, I found a few pairs at The Limited, and after that we grabbed some lunch in the food court (since Lucas was just about ready to be done with shopping for the day).

IMG_3766_thumb

There’s a wrap place in the food court, so I chose to get a grilled chicken salad in a tortilla bowl which was good, not great. Mom and I also shared some curly fries…again, good, not great.

IMG_3767_thumb

Dinner

Over the weekend I bought some tilapia to have for dinner this week (no more stinky cod) and cooked it using this recipe, which was pretty yummy. I served the fish along with brown rice and some roasted asparagus.

IMG_3796_thumb

Dessert

Shortly after dinner on Monday night, Jay and I headed out to one of our local furniture stores and ordered ourselves some new couches! We’ve been in the market for new ones for quite a while now, so I’ll be super psyched once they’re in.

On our way home, we juuuust so happened to be driving by my favorite fro yo spot AND we had a Groupon we could use, so we made use of it. Winking smile

IMG_3798_thumb

Lots of deliciousness happenin’ up in there (umm, they had a cinnamon roll flavor). We got our cups to go, came home, put Lucas to bed, then enjoyed them while watching The Voice. Perfect way to wind down the day if ya ask me.

So there’s another WIAW in the books! What’s one of the best things you’ve had so far this week? Smile

Comments

Yum, frozen yogurt is ALWAYS a good idea! The best thing I’ve had this week, is winter squash and Yoplait 100 Calorie Yogurt. I love that Yoplait is doing the Save Lids to Save Lives program, so I find myself buying even more of their yogurt, in efforts to donate my share!
    Melissa recently posted..Goodness in a Box!

2. Faith says

Hey Courtney,

I’m not a momma, so sadly I had no words of wisdom to offer to you yesterday…but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being honest about the ups and downs that you experience. Please, please, please do not ever apologize for discussing something that’s not OMG I LOVE KALE/working out is awesome/life is awesome/I am awesome. That’s why I love your blog so much (especially compared to others in your genre) – you’ve got such a great, positive spirit, yet it’s not fake or over the top. Here’s to hoping the transition is as smooth as possible – and thank you again for not being afraid to share the “not so great” stuff thats going on behind the scenes!

Gosh can I hang out with you? That sounds like such a wonderful day (minus, the pants shopping part—I am not a fan)! After debating what to have for breakfast this morning I think after seeing this post I have decided it will need to involve some kind of nut butter and banana. I mean, can you really go wrong anyway? Num!
    Have a happy hump day!
    xoxo
    Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..When You Smile…

If you haven’t tried Thomas’ pumpkin spice muffins, I highly suggest you do. They are pretty amazing. Hope the rest of your work week goes smoothly!

Well at least that tortilla bowl looks super good!!! And ever since my boyfriend made me try grilled asparagus last month, everytime I see it, it looks super good to me haha! Yum to froyo! Always a good pick :) I’m obsessed with the fact that the cup has a cat on it, just call me crazy cat lady hahah :)
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..A Tight Core??

Since it was Thanksgiving up here this past weekend, the best thing I’ve eaten has been a huge turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, gravy, and all. I’ll probably be sick of leftovers by the end of the week, but there’s nothing like a comforting turkey dinner now that the evenings are getting a lot darker/chillier.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … simple swaps .

I’m SO glad your spirits are lifted a little bit after yesterday. Things will fall into place with time… And if not, you have to give it more time. :)

Didn’t get a chance to comment yesterday, but I’m sending you lots of love and hugs! I can’t imagine, but like you said, once you get into your routine I’m sure you guys will all do great. And how wonderful is it that Lucas gets to be with a dear friend that you know and trust?!

I feel ya on the “in between” pant sizes thing… I have like 3 different sizes of pants in my closet at the moment. Ha! That’s when I appreciate places like Old Navy and Target because they don’t make me feel so bad when I have to buy new pants yet again! ;)
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #100: A Fun Day with Friends

9. Lyric says

I’ve recently discovered the deliciousness that is Almond Butter and now I cant get enough! My favourite way to eat it is with a spoon :) Glad to see your feeling a bit better!

10. Kathryn says

Best thing I had this week was my chicken nachos. It’s chicken, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and green chilies in the crock pot, then shredded. Yum!

Mmmmmm fro yo! Yumm.

Best thing I’ve had lately–my homemade butternut squash soup. So good! And swiss chocolate.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my lil’ girl, so that is keeping me pretty occupied lately! Best to you tomorrow!
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Be Yourself

Clothes shopping for a postpartum body when you’re in between sizes isn’t the most fun thing in the world! I have been there. It’s frustrating for sure.

Your WIAW meals look delish to me!! I’m a firm believe that not everything has to be for nutrition purposes only…sometimes you just want to have a french fry because you want to!! (Spoken from someone that knows from experience! ;) )
    And my hubby and I always get our froyo to-go so we can put the kids to bed and enjoy it while we watch TV! :)
    -Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com
    Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted..WOD – October 16, 2013

YUM! Looks like a tasty day of eats! Before I went gluten free I used to LOVE Thomas English muffins! You should try the cinnamon raisin ones! Sooo good with peanut butter on one half and butter on the other!
    Cailee recently posted..Balanced Breakfasts

15. Stacey M. says

Though I’ve never watched The Voice before, I did tune in last week because a contestant on the show is actually from my (very small) hometown of Boonville, NY! How exciting is that?! He’s probably 6-8 years older than I am, so I didn’t know him personally but many of the people in our town know who he is and are rooting for him. His name is Shawn Smith, aka “Big Sexy”, and he’s on Ceelo’s team this year. Pretty cool way to put our town “on the map” so-to-speak …

Probably the best thing I’ve eaten this week so far is one of the pumpkin muffins I made using Kim’s recipe (Hungry Healthy Girl). I didn’t have any coconut oil, so I just used unsweetened applesauce instead and they turned out really well. They’re delicious warmed up and topped with peanut butter (but of course, what isn’t?!).

I can bet that the between sizes shopping is super frustrating!!! But I’m sure it disappears when you see that baby boy’s little face :) mall food court food is always meh to me but that taco bowl actually looks pretty good! That tilapia meal looks so nice too, simple but satisfying. Cinnamon roll froyo?! I want. Also, I love whenever I see you have the English muffin + nut butter + banana slices breakfast because several years back that breakfast on this blog inspired me. Now it’s one of my faves to enjoy on a weekend when I’m not rushing off to work!
    Caitlin recently posted..WIAW: Agave Grill Girl’s Night

17. kristina g. says

paleomg.com has some of the best recipes and yesterday i went to town in the kitchen..
    sooo good!
    yesterday i made a
    1. pumpkin protein shake- tasted like ice cream/milk shake
    2. paleo spicy buffalo chicken ” pasta” using spaqhetti squash
    3. paleo pumpkin chocolate chip muffins..

yuuuuummm