Fun Facts Friday {10/18}

by Courtney on October 18, 2013

1. I survived my first full day back to work. It wasn’t easy. Luckily, starting a new role also means that there’s a lot to learn so I think I’ll be kept pretty busy for a while now. But man, that 3:30 time can’t come soon enough.

2. Shortly after getting home yesterday, I treated myself to a little vino…straight out of the bottle.

Too bad I only got through about half of it. I’ll thoroughly enjoy the rest tonight though, you can count on that!

3. Guess what came in the mail on Wednesday…?

Oh yes, my Godiva truffles. I thought for sure I’d polish them all off last night (I mean, there’s only 6 in there) but Jay and I actually wound up splitting three of them and saved the other three for last night. So yes…now they’re gone. And they were freakin’ delicious.

4. Up until Wednesday, Snapfish was having this amazing deal where you could get photo prints for a penny each. Yes…a penny. I went a little crazy with my order…

snapfish

And, of course, they tack on almost $15 for shipping, so really, it’s not as great a deal as it sounds. Buuuuuut, I still have almost 300 pics coming my way. Oh boy…I’m that mom.

5. Remember last Friday when I said we had all these grand plans to go to Chowderfest, and costume shopping, and that I wanted to make cupcakes? Guess what…NONE of those things happened last week. Nope,  nada. I’d still like to tackle the costume shopping (running out of time!) and cupcake making this weekend…we’ll see what happens.

6. Jay and I actually broke out the “real” camera last night, instead of using our iPhones for a change.

IMG_5276IMG_5277IMG_5286IMG_5292

Little man is just getting so darn big.

7. As usual, Jay and I are continuing to watch the latest season of American Horror Story. Seriously…whoever comes up with the storylines for this show is just insane. Show is craaaazy, but we’re hooked. Anyone else?

8. I recently decided to start doing some of the T25 workout videos. Dayummmm, they are good! Intense, and super tough (especially since I’ve lost, oh I don’t know, all of my stamina), but I love ‘em. I have no idea how or when I’ll continue to squeeze them into my schedule, but the fact that they’re only 25 minutes is right up my alley.

9. You know what I think I’d like for Christmas this year? A cleaning service. Yes, that would be lovely. Boy, how things change when you get older, eh?

10. That’s all I’ve got for this week, my friends. Have a happy, happy weekend! Smile

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 18, 2013 at 7:57 am

One of my girl friends that just had her second child is getting herself a cleaning service for Christmas haha. I think it’s genius! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Fun Friday #3

2 Linz @ Itz Linz October 18, 2013 at 8:03 am

little man is getting so big and still so stinkin’ cute!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Friday Fun

3 Lisa October 18, 2013 at 8:15 am

Oh man, godiva truffles are the best! I love those things.
Glad you survived your first day back, I’m sure the first few weeks will be a little tough, but nothing you can’t handle:)
Lucas is looking adorable!

4 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction October 18, 2013 at 8:21 am

I love workouts that are under 30 minutes. Much easier to keep the little one occupied than an hour video.
I tend to get a little crazy with photo ordering too.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..5 on Friday

5 Madison October 18, 2013 at 8:28 am

Those truffles make me want to do the happy dance!!!
Madison recently posted..Friday Favorites: Anthropologie House & Home

6 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 18, 2013 at 8:28 am

Glad your first day of work went well! My husband is into American Horror Story, but honestly, it’s way to disturbing for me, so I don’t watch it.

Lucas is getting so big! Great pics by the way!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Love Grown Foods Review

7 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun October 18, 2013 at 8:39 am

Yummmm Chocolate! So far the first two blogs I have read this morning have talked about sweets and it’s only 8:30 in the morning! I have a feeling I know what I will be craving all day!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 10/18/2013

8 leigh @ beach and back runner October 18, 2013 at 8:44 am

Lucas is so cute! He looks so much bigger already.

9 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl October 18, 2013 at 9:01 am

Lucas is getting so big and he’s such a little cutie! Hopefully you find time to make those cupcakes! Have a great weekend!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..A Roundup of 50 Healthy Halloween Treats

10 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne October 18, 2013 at 9:13 am

I’ll defiantly be looking forward to seeing those cupcakes next week if you get to them this weekend! Aw, Lucas seriously is just adorable :). ME ME ME! I’m completely hooked on American Horror Story. It’s so disturbing and weird, but I can’t help but keep watching hahaha geez that sounds horrible. Anyways, I watched the first episode finally last night, and will be watching the second tonight!! Enjoy your Friday :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Firecracking Swirls

11 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life October 18, 2013 at 9:16 am

Look at your sweet boy! I am sure those smiles were because he was so happy to see his momma! :) I don’t even have a baby and would love a cleaning service! Sweeping up hair from an 80 pound black lab is a full-time job!

12 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance October 18, 2013 at 9:21 am

Honestly, I think a cleaning service is pretty much the best gift you can give yourself. Especially working full-time with the little man. One less thing to do and more time to spend with the fam! :) I really want to try those Godiva truffles!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food and Fitness: Eating Deliciously and Getting Back on Track

13 Kathryn October 18, 2013 at 9:25 am

My daughter was born in November. For Christmas, my grandmother bought me a little portable photo printer. Yeah, I went crazy, lol. Lucas is definitely showing his personality, it’s awesome! Going back to work sucks, no lie.

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 18, 2013 at 9:26 am

What a cutie that little Lucas is! I really need to get better about printing photos! I have a bazillion saved on my camera, computer, and phone, but very few of them are actually printed. Oy. Are you going to scrapbook for Lucas? Or just put them in an album? I haven’t decided yet… As much as I’d LOVE to scrapbook them, it’s just so time consuming!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Family Photos

15 Rachel S. October 18, 2013 at 9:27 am

I have been asking for the same thing for Christmas for a couple of years now.

16 Parita @ myinnershakti October 18, 2013 at 9:33 am

Definitely get yourself a cleaning service – some of my mom friends say its the best thing they ever did, even if it’s only a once a month thing. :)

And I just texted my husband about the T25 workouts. Definitely something for us to look into. Thanks!

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 18, 2013 at 9:33 am

I would LOVE a cleaning service for Christmas this year! I feel like that when I go back to work, when I’m home I will want to spend all my time with my little ladies. Hopefully my mama and mother in law will help a lady out when they’re at my house watching the girls! A girl can dream, right?

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 18, 2013 at 9:34 am

There’s nothing like a bottle of wine after a long day…. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

19 Erin @Sugar Magnolia October 18, 2013 at 9:36 am

OMG those truffles!!!

20 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 18, 2013 at 9:54 am

I couldn’t help but laugh at your Christmas wish because I’ve been sucked in to thinking -exactly- the same way. I remember it being all about jewelry, makeup, and clothes when I was younger, but now that I have my own place? Maybe a nice dish set, some sheets, kitchen supplies. Oh gawl…
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... i just felt like running .

21 Honey What's Cooking October 18, 2013 at 9:57 am

Oooh, I’ll have to check out those Godiva Chocolates. Congrats on going back to work, I can’t even imagine how tough it must be, being a working mom at home and outside. Hats off to you and every other woman out there who does both!!!
Honey What’s Cooking recently posted..Friday’s Favorite Things – 10.18.13

22 Nathan October 18, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love your blog. I think we could all use a cleaning service… ;)

23 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life October 18, 2013 at 10:22 am

If I could drink and had the same week you did, I’d probably go for vino straight out of the bottle too ;) GAH he’s getting so big!!! Christian and I have 500 pictures from our engagement shoot sitting in my dorm room because I have no where to put them :(
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..High 5 for Friday 10/18

24 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health October 18, 2013 at 10:27 am

Glad you busted out the good camera for that cute little face! You should take some more in natural light on the weekend. I don’t blame you for taking hundreds of pictures of him either. That’s how I am with my dogs so I can’t even imagine when I have a baby one day. Oh, and there’s no shame in drinking straight from the bottle. Cheers!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Chocolate Icing {gluten & dairy-free}

25 Lauren October 18, 2013 at 10:36 am

I am ALL for scary shows/movies, but I tried to sit down and eat oatmeal while watching the season opener of AHS and couldn’t get myself to eat it… So, naturally, I turned the channel so I could stomach my oatmeal. The show is freaking WIERD.

26 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre October 18, 2013 at 11:08 am

haha…….I asked my mom for a vacuum for Christmas, so don’t feel bad…
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..NYC #SummerStreets

27 bridget October 18, 2013 at 11:29 am

Good for you Courtney on getting through your first week at work! And I asked to have my house cleaned before I went into labor (and I am so glad I did since I went early!) And my girlfriend got her house cleaned for her birthday :) its certainly a great present!

28 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog October 18, 2013 at 11:37 am

Congrats on surviving your first day back :-) And great that you have a role that allows you to get our a little earlier and get in some more QT with little guy.

A cleaning service sounds like a great idea. Can you send them to my house right now to clean up my messy kitchen. Just looking at it is overwhelming me!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Sometimes Healthy Friday: A Sweet Squash Muffin + a Bad A*** Treadmill Workout

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 18, 2013 at 11:45 am

Pretty sure that American Horror Story has to be one of my favourite shows on TV. And I’m adoring this season so far!! Seriously awesome.
I’m glad to hear that you survived your first day back at work – the first one is always the most difficult. He definitely is getting big!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 10/18/13.

30 Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries October 18, 2013 at 11:46 am

Hey Courtney! I haven’t personally used this service, but I hear good things about them. It’s an app for your phone & you basically get 100 pics a month for $2.99 – automatically sent to you! Not sure on the quality & stuff like that, but it’s a great concept! http://www.groovebook.com/
Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries recently posted..A new twist on 2 old favorites…

31 Courtney October 18, 2013 at 8:16 pm

That sounds awesome…thanks for sharing!

32 Emily @ The Good Era October 18, 2013 at 11:47 am

Congrats on making it through your first day!! Enjoy that wine tonight :)
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Evening With Ina

33 karla @ finding my fit October 18, 2013 at 11:51 am

i’ve been wanting to try t25 since it’s launch! i might have to get my hands on that eventually.

wine.. always something nice after work :)

34 Tabs October 18, 2013 at 11:55 am

I SOOOOO feel you on the house cleaning!!!

I have told my husband more than once in the last 20 months that I would shell out the money (if we had it) to have someone come in and just clean our kitchen, bathrooms and vacuum every so often. Seriously, money well spent!

35 Christine October 18, 2013 at 12:12 pm

You really can’t say no to .99 cents! Even with S and H, that’s a great price :)

36 Kelly October 18, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Have a great weekend!! You deserve it after a kind tough week!

If you need a cleaning service you are in luck, because I absolutely love cleaning and organizing so much! The only problem would be that I would get hyper focused on one detail and spend nine hours trying to make it perfect (not like that’s happened or anything…. haha) Stupid OCD, otherwise I could make a career out of it!!
Kelly recently posted..2013 #OCDweek Creative Expression Contest Finalists

37 Shannyn October 18, 2013 at 1:18 pm

American Horror Story is the BEST – one of my absolute fave fall shows! Happy Friday!

38 Annette@FitnessPerks October 18, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Oh he is so adorable!!

I’ll need to order printed pictures soon–once baby girl makes her arrival!

mmmmm cupcakes sound deeeelish!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Fun Facts Friday {10/18}

39 Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream October 18, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Glad the first day back went well…and that is the cutest little bottle of wine (Pinot Grigio is my fav!)
I actually stopped ordering loose prints and started doing a photobook for each year – or for each big occasion! Still have the great pics but they’re all in one spot! :)
-Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com
Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted..WOD – October 18, 2013

40 Courtney October 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm

That’s a great idea!!

41 Jen October 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm

American Horror Story is a must in our house too!! I watched the first episode and the first five mnutes were so messed up I was so close to turning it off….but I didn’t! I haven’t seen the second episode yet but so far it sounds just as disturbing!

42 Tina @ Best Body Fitness October 18, 2013 at 2:37 pm

While I admit I’m a little bummed BBB isn’t working out for you as well, i understand the short and sweet factor of T25! And $15 for shipping? That’s insane!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Friday Five

43 Courtney October 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Oh I’m still doing some of the BBB workouts!! I just did one of the weight circuits earlier this week! :)

44 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl October 18, 2013 at 2:38 pm

He is just so dang cute. Oh my. I love all the American Horror Story seasons!! They’re great. I haven’t watched the latest one yet.
There are so many great success stories that have come out of T25. I’d loooove to try it!
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..Fun Facts Friday 10/18

45 Tara@PNWRunner October 18, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Your little man it getting so big. I love the pics. Too cute!! I’d go crazy with the pictures as well. Nothing wrong with vino straight out of the bottle! Sometimes that’s how it should be. I hope returning to work is going well. I’m sure you’re enjoying getting off earlier. I haven’t seen American Horror yet…I’ve been catching up on Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Oh my, I love love those two shows!

46 Shel@PeachyPalate October 18, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Happy weekend!!! Adorable pics!! He has the cutest little face!!! Must check out the workout links – could call on the mini bottles of wine!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Pumpkin in my burgers

47 Lauren @ LaMaLu October 18, 2013 at 4:05 pm

LOVE those sutter homes mini wine bottles perfect for when you don’t want to open a big bottle.

48 Ashlee@HisnHers October 18, 2013 at 5:39 pm

We are obsessed with AHS!! Our Wednesday night ritual of date night in and the newest episode is our favorite night of the week! It is crazy good

49 Courtney October 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I love that!

50 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections October 18, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Aw Lucas is so cute! It’s really freaking me out how fast they grow!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Getting God in Your Day: 4 Practical Ways

51 Suzanne @ Mixitmom October 18, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Ah, Lucas is just so stinking cute!! I’m not sure I would care to ever get anything done if I had a precious baby to spend all my time with again!

I am the queen of 30 minute workouts and you know, I think they work just fine. You can be a whole lot more intense when you are giving it your all for 30 minutes rather than 60. I have been contemplating ordering T25. Did you order through beach body or Amazon?
Suzanne @ Mixitmom recently posted..Hello & Goodbye

52 Courtney October 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm

My husband got it, I believe, from someone he works with so I’m not sure?

53 Jessica K. October 19, 2013 at 8:05 am

This is my third season of American Horror Story. Every season it gets more and more weird!!
Jessica K. recently posted..Bento #15

54 Katy October 19, 2013 at 10:06 am

I’m obsessed with American Horror Story! We didn’t start watching until season 2 so we just watched the entire first season on Netflix. It’s my favorite season so far! I agree that it’s wicked twisted but I can’t stop watching. :-)
Katy recently posted..Flavor of the Week: Avocado

55 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 19, 2013 at 10:17 am

Lucas keeps getting cuter and cuter! :-)

A cleaning is service is one of the few things I whine about on a consistent basis. I told my husband that 100% this is happening when we have a child whether he likes it or not!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Fall Playlist

56 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal October 19, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Godiva <3 Yes! Good choice. And vino… whatever, haha at least it's a small bottle. I love small liquor bottles, they are too cute.
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Chocolate Porter Waffles

57 Ellie@Fit for the soul October 19, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Mmmmmm truffles!!!! Haven’t had one in ages, although I’m sure I’ll end up eating just one since they’re way too sweet for me, but still~haha. And that face! He has such a cute lil face…do people tell you he resembles you or Jay more?
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Farmer’s Market with Selah+Squash Love

58 Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette October 20, 2013 at 2:14 am

Wine and chocolate? Sounds like an amazing start to the weekend! Yum!

59 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com October 20, 2013 at 8:47 pm

i would love a cleaning service too! for a while now, i’ve thought that would be such a great gift to receive but i wondered other people would be offended if they were given a cleaning servce as a gift
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..I Am Mature. And I Never Overreact