Fun Facts Friday {10/25}

by Courtney on October 25, 2013

1. I am freakin’ exhausted. You know what that means…bedtime shortly after Lucas goes down tonight. Wooo hooooo, crazy Friday night ahead.

2. We recently lost out on the swing that we had been borrowing from our friends Josh & Erika. But really, it only made sense, since she’s the one watching him during the day so she might as well have their swing back, right? Well, we quickly discovered just how valuable a swing is (it was one item we didn’t think we’d “need” to register for) so I went out on my lunch hour yesterday and got Mr. Lucas a new one. You think he likes it?

(For those who’ve asked, it’s the Fisher Price My Little Snuggabunny Cradle ‘n Swing)

3. I wore maternity dress pants to work yesterday. And I’ll probably do it again. Just sayin’.

4. Sort of random, but I came across these on Pinterest yesterday.

And now I want them in a bad, bad way. Anyone want to make ‘em for me?

5. I’ve got a pretty fantastic sandwich waiting for me at lunchtime today. Smashed avocado, romaine, sliced deli turkey, provolone cheese, and homemade honey mustard. Yes, homemade honey mustard.

I was recently contacted by the folks at Real Seal, asking if I’d be interested in trying out some sort of new recipe incorporating real dairy (you know…the stuff that provides all sorts of Vitamins A, D, and B12). I had no idea what I wanted to make, but when Jay and I ended up making healthy baked chicken tenders for dinner earlier this week, I got a sudden craving for honey mustard and had to have some.

Want in on the good stuff? See the recipe below…

Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing

• 1/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp prepared mustard
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp cider vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all up and enjoy! (and keep enjoying the leftovers on any and everything) Winking smile

6. This weekend I’ve got plans to meet up with the girls for lunch, which I’m super excited about it. Jay and I also have a Halloween party to attend and are going to attempt some sort of costume…we have an idea in mind, but whether or not we can pull it together is another story.

7. Iiiiiiiit’s Coffee Friday! DD’s pumpkin spice coffee is already on my radar. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

8. Would you even believe that this little guy is already going to be 3 months old on Sunday?

Ohh, the faces of Mr. Lucas. I just love ‘em. <3

9. I have some potentially really exciting news happening in the next couple of weeks. If and when it all comes to fruition, I can’t wait to share with you guys. Seriously.

10. I’m shocked I made it to a #10 today. I felt wiped after #1. That being said…I’m done. C’monnnnn 3:30!!

Happy Friday, friends! Have a fabulous day and a fantastic weekend. Smile

Disclaimer: Real Seal sponsored a portion of this post, but any and all opinions are my own. You guys know the drill.

1 Linz @ Itz Linz October 25, 2013 at 7:42 am

salted caramel brownie bites?! OH YES!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..itz an announcement

2 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine October 25, 2013 at 8:02 am

He is getting so big! Wow, does time fly. I am going to have to try this honey mustard. It sounds wonderful. and those salted brownie bites….wow. That is all I can say.

3 Karen October 25, 2013 at 8:31 am

Little man is getting so big!! I can’t wait to hear if the exciting news comes and what it is. Have a great weekend!!
Karen recently posted..Fun Fact Friday

4 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl October 25, 2013 at 8:39 am

With all three of my kids the swing was a must!! I don’t blame you for wearing the maternity pants…they’re just so darn comfy! Happy Friday!!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Stuffed Delicata Squash

5 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 25, 2013 at 8:55 am

I’ve been trying to think of a treat to make up and bring into work – those salted caramel brownie bites are happening!

6 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance October 25, 2013 at 8:56 am

Lucas is pretty much the most adorable baby ever! Congrats on getting through your first full week of work! You deserve to go to bed early! :)
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food and Fitness: The Fall Edition

7 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty October 25, 2013 at 8:56 am

Mmm honey mustard is one of my favorite dippers! That video is the cutest! I love that he is chatting with you guys! I’m excited to hear about this exciting news!! Happy Friday, hon!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..The Seasons of Cozy

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 25, 2013 at 8:57 am

Mr Lucas is such a little peanut!!! Love all those little faces! Have a great weekend!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday {Giveaway!}

9 Parita @ myinnershakti October 25, 2013 at 8:57 am

Those salted caramel bites remind me of a dessert my mom once brought home from work. They were cookie dough cheesecake balls covered in dark chocolate and coated in nuts. YUM!

Haha! And I love all the faces of Lucas – so cute! Have a great weekend. :)

10 Lauri October 25, 2013 at 8:59 am

Happy Friday!!

Our swing was a LIFE saver. I used it everyday for my entire maternity leave, and my son continued to nap in it on weekends until he was probably around 7 months! i remember one day when he was around 2 months and the batteries died and I called my husband pleading with him to stop on his way home from work as if it were the biggest emergency! (It was winter and I didn’t want to bundle us both up to go out and get batteries!)

Enjoy your weekend!

11 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne October 25, 2013 at 9:10 am

I was on Pinterest and there was all kinds of truffle and little balled up goodness!!! But those look better than the ones I saw! And now I really want those bad haha. Yum to that sandwich! I think sandwiches are pretty much my favorite way to indulge, I would pick them over dessert any day! TGIF! Have a great day :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Frostbite

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 25, 2013 at 9:12 am

You know how big of a fan I am of the swing… Hunter LOVES when we rock him the cradle way from side to side. Have you tried that yet? Maybe Lucas will sleep that way? Just a thought. ;) Happy Friday!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..10/24/13: Thursday Thoughts

13 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 25, 2013 at 9:16 am

Oh man…those salted caramel bites!!!! I need some of those in my life! ;-) Honey mustard is something I love. I’ve never made my own before, so I’m excited for this recipe!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Sweet Potatoes Rule

14 Jenny October 25, 2013 at 9:58 am

LOVE his little faces!! And that video is just the cutest! And I’m pretty sure I need to make those bites. Like now. :)
Jenny recently posted..Fitness Friday {10/25/2013}

15 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health October 25, 2013 at 10:02 am

Aw, he is too precious!! That smile melts my heart.

Can’t wait to hear the exciting news! Oh, the anticipation..
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..A picture is worth a thousand words…

16 Meagan October 25, 2013 at 10:05 am

Can’t wait to hear the exciting news!
Meagan recently posted..Made It!

17 Ashlee@HisnHers October 25, 2013 at 10:26 am

That video of Lucas is SO stinkin’ cute! I really mean this when I say..he is the cutest baby boy I think I’ve seen!

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 25, 2013 at 10:37 am

We have that same swing, and I had no idea that it could swing backward and forward vs. side to side! Who knew?!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A day in the life of a 6 month old.

19 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 25, 2013 at 10:37 am

If you find someone to make you those brownie bites, tell them to feel free to send some my way ;-) And Lucas just keeps getting cuter.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 10/25/13.

20 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun October 25, 2013 at 10:42 am

Wow those brownies!! Pinterest does that to me every time! All these delicious recipes make me so hungry!

Lucas is already 3 months!??! That IS crazy! What a precious little guy!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 10/25/2013

21 Lauren October 25, 2013 at 10:47 am

Every day is pumpkin coffee for me! My wallet does not like when the holidays roll around haha! I hope you have a great weekend!

22 Annette@FitnessPerks October 25, 2013 at 11:39 am

Mmmm salted caramel brownie bites?!? YES PLEASE.

We have that exact swing!! Now if baby girl would ONLY SHOW UP SO WE CAN USE IT, that’d be amazing. ;)

I love a good mustard!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Confessions {11}

23 Danica @ It's Progression October 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm

#9 is such a teaser! : )
Hope you have a great weekend, and that 3:30 comes soon!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..computer problems…

24 Marcie October 25, 2013 at 1:15 pm

We have the same swing for our son. He loves it. I wish I could get into it – it’s so plush. Love the snugga bunny stuff! They have been a lifesaver for us.
Love the baby updates. Lucas is just too dreaking cute!

25 Kellie October 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I was just pinning around for some honey mustard recipes last night! I’ll try yours!

26 Laura @losingrace October 25, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Lucas is so cute, I’m sure he is really happy to have a swing again! :)

I’m going to have to try that honey mustard recipe. I make home made panko breaded chicken fingers a lot (because they’re so easy and you can use them for a lot of things) and that Honey mustard would be fabulous with them!
Laura @losingrace recently posted..Empire State Half Marathon Recap

27 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog October 25, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I don’t blame you for being unable to stop thinking about those salted caramel brownie bites. Holy yum! I’m definitely going to try that honey mustard dressing as well :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..30 Minute Halloween Treats + Choose Your Own Adventure Workout

28 Shel@PeachyPalate October 25, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Ok so now all I want to know is your exciting news!!! And also see what your costume idea is! I have a fancy dress work thing tomorrow night…still haven’t come up with anything!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Fruity Fig Pizza

29 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves October 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Lucas’ giggles are so precious! And I need to make my own honey mustard now!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Fascinating Friday Links #9

30 Nala October 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Happy Friday to you and your adorable family too! The honey mustard recipe rocks and I will surely try it this week sometime. By the way, your sandwich looks AH-Mazing….makes me feel like having one right now! Lucas, as I’ve said before, is to adorable =)

31 Ellie@Fit for the soul October 25, 2013 at 4:07 pm

We looooove the swing too, along with the little portable vibrating chair that rocks back and forth~my little Selah watches me cook, eat, and everything else while entertaining herself in that little chair. :D So glad Lucas likes the swing and he looks sooooooooooo precious in those pictures. And #9 is killing me, I really can’t wait to see what you have in store. Oh, and honey mustard is only one of my favorite dressings in the world~pretty much anything with mustard in it, haha.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..October Favorites

32 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm

There is almost no kind of tired like new momma going back to work tired—- I swear it will staaaaaart to wear off in the next 12-15 months :) Until then, you can survive on smiles, coos, and kisses! :)
Enjoy your weekend!! {hugs}
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Hi, friends!

33 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! October 25, 2013 at 7:49 pm

The swing is a life savor. All 4 of my siblings loved loved loved their swings. I swear my sister would sleep better in that thing then her bed any day. That honey mustard looks amazing. I’ve never thought to try to make it myself.
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Upper Body Ladder Workout

34 Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream October 25, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Both of my kids LOVED the swing!! It’s a definite necessity, as you now know!
I love honey mustard dressing – and dipping chicken fingers and french fries in it! ;) – and those caramel brownie bites literally have me drooling – OMG!!! Go to sleep :)
-Sammy
Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted..A quick WWI & WOD – October 25, 2013

35 Karly October 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Hey Courtney!
I know you said you weren’t going to do body after baby updates, but I can’t help but notice the changes you’ve made to your diet since having Lucas. (sandwich thins instead of bread, much less food on your wiaw post, ect.) Do you plan to talk about this? I’m just interested in hearing your thoughts about it all.

36 Courtney October 26, 2013 at 9:43 am

Hey Karly!
Thanks so much for the comment. At this point, I’m not sure there’s really any subject to address, but I do think it’s important to remember a couple of things. WIAW posts (as well as any other posts) are just a tiny snippet of what somebody may eat in a full week (although I’m not sure which post you’re referring to, since I don’t see where any of them contain that much less food?). As with anyone, some days you’re more or less hungry than others. There are days where I’m eating spoonfuls of peanut butter by the hour or 2-3 bowls of cereal to help keep me full (yup, that was just a couple days ago!), and there are other days where I go from one meal to the next without needing a snack. Sometimes I feel like having a sandwich thin, and sometimes I’ll use a big ol’ potato roll. I find that it all balances itself out as the week goes on, but more importantly, I’m never letting myself go hungry or restricting.

So if happens to look like I’m “making changes” to my diet, I suppose that’s coming across as fairly false…because, to be honest with you, I have made no changes whatsoever. If anything, now with being back at work, my meals are a little more hearty (because I actually have the time to sit and eat them, haha!) and I’m finding I snack a bit more from my desk stash. ;)

From the beginning, my top priority was always (and always will be) Lucas and being able to breastfeed him as long as I can. With that in mind, there’s no room for cutting calories, since I need the extra to keep my supply up. Calories (rather, counting them) are actually the farthest thing from my mind right now, and I can tell you it’s such an incredibly freeing feeling!

So hopefully that answers your question(s)? If not, you can always feel free to email me. :)

37 Karly October 27, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Thank you so much for taking time to respond! Like I said, I was interested in hearing your approach to eating postpartum. I also don’t plan to ‘diet’ after baby is born! It’s refreshing to see bloggers who are truly healthy!

38 Kelly @ Femme Fitale October 25, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Honey mustard is always something I forget about, but it’s so simple to make from scratch. Such a great alternative.
We could not have survived without our Fisher Price swing! It was one of our top baby items! I can totally understand how tired you must be. You are a champ for even finding the time and energy to blog. Enjoy a much needed rest this weekend with your little fam :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Finally On The Mend

39 Mandee October 28, 2013 at 7:47 am

Ok I made those bites bc they looked so good in that pic. I have to say, bleh. I should’ve known though bc I had a rolo right before I baked them and I was like these are so sweet as is… But yeah it’s just too sweet. I even used dark chocolate brownies thinking it wouldn’t be as bad. It’s too much. Now I don’t know what to do w all these bc I’m embarrassed to bring them into work! And the rolo doesn’t melt into it or anything it’s just kind of like here’s a big brownie and ok here’s a rolo and cover me all in chocolate. I just ate half of one and it’s too sweet. And my whole appetite is one big sweet tooth so that’s saying a lot! I never was one for the gimmicky Oreo stuffed in anything and everything craze so maybe it’s just me. Just wanted to give an honest review and let u know u aren’t missing out if u haven’t made them!