Custom Reeboks (& Happy Halloween from Lucas!)

by Courtney on October 31, 2013

Alright…so who doesn’t love new sneakers, right? There’s something about working out in a fresh, new pair of kicks that just makes me want to push just a liiiiittle bit harder.

Granted, I haven’t worked out in over a week, but that’s neither here nor there. I’m too exhausted right now to even think about a workout.

But anywho…

As part of my partnership with Reebok, this month they gave me the option to design my own sneakers and share a little bit about the process with all of ya.

Well, since Reebok has been more than generous with providing me with some stellar workout gear and shoes this year, I decided to check and see if they’d be okay with me letting Jay design a pair for himself. Of course, the folks at Reebok were totally awesome about it, so I handed over my gift card to Jay and let him do his thang!

He decided to go with the Reebok Crossfit Nano 2.0, which he plans on using for his indoor circuit workouts (such as T25).

So how does the customization process work? Well, for one, it’s super easy and it’s also more thorough than you’d probably even imagine.To begin, you start with your base…

Start with Base

…and then from there, you can go wild on everything else from the base…

Base

to the toe…

Toe

to the logo…

Side Logo

to the sole…

Outsole

to the mini stripe on the heel…

BackHeel Accent

to the lining (seriously, they leave no option unavailable!)…

Lining

all the way up to the laces.

EyeletsLaces

And eventually (perhaps hours later, if you’re anything like me) you wind up with your final product!

Final

Jay is super pumped about his new kicks, which should be arriving sometime next week (the shipping time is a bit longer since they’re fully customized and take extra time to make).

You can even customize kids shoes, which I’m suuuuuper tempted to do for Lucas. Then on the other hand, I feel like buying shoes for kids (especially as small as Lucas) is just like throwing money down the drain…I don’t know, what do you guys think?

Sooo…once we get his new sneaks in the mail, I’ll be sure to share with you guys to see how they came out. And when I do, stay tuned. I may have more to share. ;)

*****

And on a slightly different note, Happy Halloween!!

lucas pirate

From, my little pirate. ;)

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Omg that photo is beyond adorable. I love how happy he is!

2 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run October 31, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Love little Lucas’s costume — he’s such a QT!

3 Presley @ Run Pretty October 31, 2013 at 12:29 pm

AWE! Adorable. We’re doing the whole pirate thing this year, too. Should be fun. :)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Happy Halloween: My Costume Evolution

4 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance October 31, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Oh the pirate is such a cutie!! Love the sneaks!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Happy Halloween!

5 Jade October 31, 2013 at 12:39 pm

From one tired mother to another, when i first went back to work after having the baby, I had major plans of starting my work out plan at the same time. But, being overly exhausted made me switch things up majorly as I had to go to bed at like 8 or earlier… Once you’ve gotten back into the swing of things aka your body adjusts to the new norm of different stressors, you will get your mojo back to get back working out. It took me like 2 or 3 weeks before I had enough energy to do that!

6 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life October 31, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Oh I LOVE the pirate costume. Too cute!!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Thursday Thoughts {Halloween!}

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 31, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I love the idea of customizing sneakers! I can’t wait to check it out.

Love Lucas in his pirate costume!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Drool Worthy Pins #3

8 Ellen October 31, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Lucas makes the cutest pirate ever! His little face is just too precious. Customized shoes for him would be a special treat, I think, since his feet will grow so quickly. I would wait until he’s old enough to appreciate them.
Ellen recently posted..Would Ariel and Eric Make It In Real Life?

9 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes October 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I agree, buying babies shoes is like throwing money down the drain! My son is almost two and he still goes through his shoes super fast! On the other hand, customizable shoes would make a great keepsake.
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Who wants to win some Halloween money?

10 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl October 31, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Cutest pirate ever!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Happy Halloween and Crinkle Cookie Truffles

11 Tara@PNWRunner October 31, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Awww he is the cutest little pirate!!! I love the ability to customize shoes. I really want to do this…and make some Seahawks inspired ones! :)

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun October 31, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Awww Lucas’ first halloween! He looks adorable in his pirate costume!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Happy Halloween!

13 Holly October 31, 2013 at 3:35 pm

That picture is adorable! Check out those long legs!

14 Ellie@Fit for the soul October 31, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Awwww he actually looks happy and comfortable in the hat! I’d think that most babies would be fussing, haha.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Date, BBQ, and Crepes!

15 Leigha @ Minougirl October 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Okay this is so cool! I totally agree with buying shoes for babies – they go through them so fast! Lucas is absolutely ADORABLE!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Mexican Quinoa Salad

16 Jenny October 31, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Very cool! Can’t wait to see if he likes them!! And LOVE your little pirate! So cute. :)
Jenny recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday {10.30.2013}

17 Angela October 31, 2013 at 4:49 pm

oh myyyy he is just the cutest lil pirate!
Angela recently posted..Happy Halloween!

18 Kristi October 31, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Happy Halloween! Lucas is precious!!
Kristi recently posted..Happy Halloween

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 31, 2013 at 8:41 pm

He’s the cutest little pirate ever!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Happy Halloween!

20 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty October 31, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Customizing my own shoes sounds like fun! I’ll be anxious to see the ones you got. Happy Halloween to you all! Arrrrrrrgh.

21 Annette@FitnessPerks October 31, 2013 at 10:34 pm

cutest pirate ever!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Happy Halloween!

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 31, 2013 at 10:54 pm

My favourite part of that costume is definitely the hat – that is too cute for words!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing October.

23 Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream November 1, 2013 at 8:08 am

He is just adorable – my little one was a pirate too! Hope you guys had a great Halloween!
I just got new Reebok running sneaks and I love them!!! :)
-Sammy
Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted..WOD – October 31, 2013 + Trick-or-Treat

24 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 1, 2013 at 8:08 am

Aww! He is such a cute pirate! Cute costume idea :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Breakfast Items!…

25 Karen November 1, 2013 at 8:09 am

I hope Lucas has a great 1st Halloween. He’s adorable!!
Karen recently posted..Friday Favorites

26 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 1, 2013 at 9:09 am

SO cute. Happy, happy Halloween! Loving those shoes and all of the options. I would spend hours on that site since I am, well, the most indecisive person. Haha!

27 Danica @ It's Progression November 1, 2013 at 9:34 am

love the pirate costume! so cute!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..friday randomness