Weekend Highlights {11/3}

by Courtney on November 4, 2013

Another weekend come and gone…and if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, but mannnn, do they go by way too quickly. Who’s with me?

Did YOU all have a fabulous weekend? I’m happy to report we had another great one over here, filled with some fun, family, and festivities. The four of us all had a low-key Friday evening with some Panera take-out for dinner (have you guys tried their autumn squash soup?!? OMG yum) and an early bed time.

(We sent this picture to my in-laws to thank them for sending Lucas a 1st Halloween card)

Cody and Lucas even spent a little QT together.

I’m tellin’ ya…they’re gonna be best buds some day. Winking smile

Saturday morning started out with some of my favorites.

Can’t beat a hot plate of Kodiak Cakes and a hot mug of coffee. Mmm mmmmm.

We spent some time Saturday afternoon visiting with my parents who came to visit, which was really nice. And then, the three of us got all dressed up to get ready to head to our Halloween party.

Since we actually had Lucas with us this time, it would have been hard to use the costumes we had last week, so we switched it up…

and went as a little pirate family. Smile

I actually wound up going to one of the local Halloween stores on Saturday morning and picked up the costumes for me and Jay last minute. Since it was after the holiday, everything was 30% off, so it wound up working out pretty well. I just couldn’t help myself from getting all matchy-matchy for Lucas’s first Halloween.

The party, hosted by my friend Joelle and her husband Kyle, was super fun and of course, it’s always great hanging out with these girls.

But this year’s Halloween party was verrrrrrry different than years past…and that’s because there were quite a few new guests on the invite list. Winking smile

Both of my friends Kathryn and Joelle had their babies this year (Allie’s in orange and Griffin is next to Lucas), and they’re all within about 4 months of each other, which is awesome. Although by the looks of Lucas, he doesn’t seem to be so excited about it, now does he? Bahaha.

Luckily, little man was actually pretty good for most of the evening. We put him to sleep in his car seat so we could have a few more hours to hang out with our friends before eventually heading back home. And actually, I think the awkward bedtime and all that may have played to my advantage a bit because Lucas did not seem all that phased by daylight savings time, and this mama got to sleep until about 8:45am. Seriously…I was a new woman.

We got the morning started with some playtime and some leftover waffles reheated in the toaster (SO good that way).

A little while later, after putting Lucas down for his nap, I even managed to get in a workout for the first time in almost two weeks. Nothing crazy – just a little strength circuit I put together on the fly – but it felt great to get moving again…and to actually have the energy to move!

Sunday afternoon we watched the Jets game which, of course, was a bit of a nail biter…

But we came out with a big win, which made for a happy household.

Sunday dinner wasn’t anything too crazy, but it was better than the takeout we were considering getting. Just a couple big side salads paired with a frozen pizza. Simple, easy, yummy.

And then, before we knew it, the weekend was over. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun, huh? Smile

Happy Monday, friends! Here’s to a great week ahead for all of us!

1 Karen November 4, 2013 at 8:00 am

Seems like you all had a nice weekend. Have an awesome week!!
Karen recently posted..MIMM

2 char eats greens November 4, 2013 at 8:08 am

The halloween pics are so cute. I totally want to do the trio thing next year for my hubby, me and our girl. I should start thinking now ;)
char eats greens recently posted..weekend recap: a run, a wedding, and starbucks owes me!

3 MIZ November 4, 2013 at 8:11 am

Im so so so loving watching you be a mom.

Carla
MIZ recently posted..Five healthy habits for beating energy VAMPIRES.

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 4, 2013 at 8:13 am

What a great weekend! And seriously, you guys make quite the cute little pirate family! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Reflektor – My Thoughts

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 4, 2013 at 8:27 am

Aww! Your Halloween costumes are too cute! I love that all three of you matched :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..The First Weekend of November!!!….

6 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 4, 2013 at 8:38 am

Love your matching Halloween costumes! The pic of the babies all line up with their costumes is so cute!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Target Practice – Back in Business

7 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog November 4, 2013 at 8:38 am

Aww that Halloween party picture is priceless :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Black Bean Squash Chili + Row Your Kettlebell

8 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 4, 2013 at 8:43 am

How fun that you all have babies together!!!! :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Monumental Half Marathon 2013

9 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life November 4, 2013 at 8:52 am

What a cute little pirate family! That picture of all the babies cracks me up! My how times change over the years. Your group of friends will have so much fun as the kids grow older together and become friends themselves! :)

10 Shel@PeachyPalate November 4, 2013 at 8:54 am

The weekend goes by WAY too fast even when you’re working! Least you guys got an extra hours sleep this weekend! All the babies in their costumes are so cute!

11 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne November 4, 2013 at 9:02 am

Waffles warmed in the toaster are always the best!! I always loved how nice and crunchy it made mine :). You three look so cute in your costumes!! And yay for more sleep!!! That’s always a good thing!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Is That Such A Crime??

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 4, 2013 at 9:11 am

You sure do have an adorable little pirate! I love the photo of all the babies in their costumes – too cute. Glad you guys had such a great weekend! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Much Needed Weekend with My Little Family

13 Parita @ myinnershakti November 4, 2013 at 9:15 am

Those last couple of pictures of Lucas are adorable – love his little smile!

And it’s funny how things change in the matter of a year. :)

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 4, 2013 at 9:19 am

I love seeing the pics of Lucas!! What a cutie in his little pirate costume. Since y’all have to deal with spit-up like we do, what do you do to prevent him spitting up on outfits like that? We usually put a bib on her in the car and then just cross our fingers once we’re at the actual event. But for her 6 month photos, she spit up ALL over herself, me, and Brandon. It was super fun. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Making a Great Marriage.

15 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 4, 2013 at 9:27 am

You guys look so great all dressed as pirates! How fun!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Hiking and Running

16 Lisa November 4, 2013 at 9:37 am

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I always love Halloween because I love seeing what others dress as. My friends and I decided we are going to start planning for next year now, so we can have an epic costume. It just makes sense.
Lucas gets cuter everyday. Just adorable!
Lisa recently posted..Comment on Life Lately – A Few Favorite Things by Brittany @ Delights and Delectables

17 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 4, 2013 at 10:01 am

Awww love your matching family! So adorable! All the kids on the couch is just precious – reading your blog gives me baby fever so bad!! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Eating Healthy on The Road

18 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes November 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

Y’all are the cutest pirate family!!! And this is gross but now I’m craving pizza at 9 am… although now I know what to make for dinner tonight :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Weekend at the ranch

19 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 4, 2013 at 10:21 am

I love the family costumes!! Oh my gosh, what a cute pirate baby ;) I really want Kodiak cakes!!! Darn living in a dorm!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #29- I spent a lot of $$$

20 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 4, 2013 at 10:24 am

So much fun. I love all of the costumes and Lucas is just a cutie :) I neeeed to try Panera’s soup. I’m a huge Panera fan. I may be heading there today!

21 Lisa November 4, 2013 at 11:23 am

Your Kodiak Cakes always look so good…I feel like mine are thin and don’t cook up like yours. Can you please tell me how you make yours and do you add anything extra to the mix? thanks!

22 Courtney November 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

Haha I actually make Jay make them because his always turn out so good! But he doesn’t add anything extra…just the mix + water. Maybe try adding a little less water? I know his batter is always pretty thick. Good luck!

23 cait @pieceofcait November 4, 2013 at 11:37 am

such a cute little fam <3

24 Lauren November 4, 2013 at 11:44 am

The Autumn Squash soup is SO good. It’s really rich and by the end of the cup I definitely had my fill, but gosh darnit it’s REALLY good! I love the pirate themed costumes! Things are always better when you get them on sale, right? ;-)

25 Ali November 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I love Panera autumn squash soup! It warms the soul. Your little family looks cute in your pirate costumes!

26 Ellie@Fit for the soul November 4, 2013 at 12:46 pm

You look sooo cute in your pirate hat, and it suits you perfectly! ;) Omgness that’s so much cute baby overload, and it’s funny how so many of us are at this stage where everyone we know is starting to have babies. It’s such a cool experience, actually! Ps: Haven’t been to Panera in about 2 months (used to go almost weekly!) and I am foreeeeever thankful that you mentioned their squash soup! Definitely trying it this week.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Selah’s 1st Halloween+Cupcake Review

27 Katie @ running4cupcakes November 4, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Awww I love the pirate family photo – and all the kids on the couch – too cute!! And that squash soup from Panera is awesome. I have had it like 3 times in the past 2 weeks!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend Update: 11/3/13

28 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 4, 2013 at 1:10 pm

You guys make for sure an adorable little pirate family! And oh goodness, kids in costumes are precious in general, but an entire row of them? I just died a little.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Goal Talk: November.

29 Gracie November 4, 2013 at 1:11 pm

the babies on the couch…stop itttttt
Gracie recently posted..“wear to work” makeup tips {video}.

30 Kandace November 4, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I love the cute pirate costumes you went with and that you all matched is just adorable. Cody will warm up to the new addition I’m sure.
Kandace recently posted..School Days

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 4, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I REALLY need to buy a waffle iron so that I can start making waffles ahead of time for the week. I love your idea to heat them up in the toaster!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Fit in the Fall: 45-Minute Interval Elliptical Workout

32 Annette@FitnessPerks November 4, 2013 at 2:21 pm

CUTE pirate family!!! Love it.

Mmmm waffles sound so good right now :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Lily’s Birth Story {part 1}

33 Melissa November 4, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Looks like such a fun weekend and Lucas looks absolutely adorable! Plus, that soup from Panera Bread sounds so yummy! I had no idea they had that, there!
Melissa recently posted..Share a Book, Share a Memory

34 Laura @losingrace November 4, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I can’t get over how cute the photo of all the babies dressed up is~! Looks like a great weekend!
Laura @losingrace recently posted..A week of CIM training & NYC

35 Taryn November 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I love the pirate costumes!

36 Katy @ Savor Life's Flavors November 4, 2013 at 5:41 pm

What an adorable picture! Happy Halloween!
Katy @ Savor Life’s Flavors recently posted..Monday Montage: 11/4/13

37 Katy @ Tasterie November 4, 2013 at 5:43 pm

The football jersey is too much!!! ADORABLE!
Katy @ Tasterie recently posted..Gobble! Gobble! An Allergen Free Thanksgiving

38 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal November 4, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Awww the halloween pics are too cute, such a good looking family :)
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Sunny Side Sweet Potato Fries

39 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run November 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm

love the matching family costumes — too cute!

40 Kelsey November 4, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Lucas has got to be the cutest little pirate I’ve ever seen! That had just swallowed him!
Kelsey recently posted..Monday’s Muse [3] and Weekend Recap

41 Leigha @ Minougirl November 4, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Awww it’s crazy how different lives can be in a year, isn’t it? I have that box of Kodiak Cakes in the pantry.. why haven’t I made them yet?! Sounds like a super fun weekend!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Zombie Run

42 Fizz @fizzsbizz November 4, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Your little pirate family is TOO cute!!
Fizz @fizzsbizz recently posted..A craving for salad!! Who am I??

43 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections November 4, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Loving all the babies on the couch! That’s too funny
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Weekend Fun in Boston

44 Danica @ It's Progression November 4, 2013 at 9:03 pm

That’s so fun that you and your friends’ babies are so close in age – both for you as moms and for the babies :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..November: Now in Season!

45 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 4, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I love the matching Halloween costumes! The holiday weekends go by especially fast–I always need a day to recover from all of the fun!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Champagne Celebration

46 Melissa @ For Love and Travel November 5, 2013 at 12:18 am

The matching Halloween costumes are so cute. Love when parents do that. I bet your weekends go so fast, because those are your full days with your son. By the way, his smile when he’s wearing his Jets shirt, is so darling. Love those pictures.
Melissa @ For Love and Travel recently posted..Anna and Adam’s Wedding Rehearsal

47 Shannon November 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

I just came across your blog this morning and I love it! Your little boy is adorable! And I love the Halloween costumes :)

48 Jessica K. November 5, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I love how your salads are less lettuce and more of the good chunks of stuff! I love me some cucumbers and tomatoes!
Jessica K. recently posted..Perfect Foamy Latte