Weekend Highlights {11/11}

by Courtney on November 11, 2013

Hey guys! I’m baaaaack! Although it may just be a quick little summary of my weekend, I still had to pop in and say hi to you all. Hope you all had a great weekend! And here’s a little bit of what was happening over here in our neck of the woods…

Saturday morning Kodiak Cakes, of course, filled with banana slices and mini chocolate chips. YUM.

Saturday afternoon visit from mom and dad.

Saturday evening spent with our good friends Joe & Kate.

Saturday night dinner of BBQ Pulled Chicken and sweet potato fries.

Smiles and lots of fun with Mr. Lucas, who turned a whole 15 weeks old this weekend.

IMG_5491IMG_5496

(I think this one here may be one of my new favorite photos of him)

Lucas 11-10

And want to know a fun fact?? It was exactly one year ago today when we first discovered I was pregnant with this sweet little boy.

Sunday afternoon spent celebrating at Kate’s baby shower.

And being able to catch up with good friends.

A glass of my favorite beer while over visiting at my brother’s house.

Sunday evening dinner made by my brother himself (never thought I’d see that day!)

And an evening spent with Dan and Meg…even if it was cut somewhat short since a certain little boy was not in the best of moods.

So there’s a quick little sum up of our Saturday and Sunday! Of course, I know I still need to fill you all in on some details from our trip to NYC on Thursday-Friday…

I’ll get to that later this week when I have a little more time at the computer to write a post up! Smile

1 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 11, 2013 at 7:39 am

Looks like a fun weekend! Those kodiak pancakes look super tasty! Love those pics of Lucas. SO adorable!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..A Day of Remembrance

2 Melissa November 11, 2013 at 8:08 am

Glad to hear/see you had a good weekend! I am so looking forward to hearing all about your NYC travels!
Melissa recently posted..Words Keeping me Wise

3 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl November 11, 2013 at 8:17 am

Lucas gets cuter everyday! Looks like a fun weekend spent with friends and family!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Homemade Snickerdoodle Larabars

4 Stacey M. November 11, 2013 at 8:19 am

OMG … sooooooo excited to hear about your NYC trip! I’m trying to figure out what’s happening in that picture you posted of a stylist doing your hair … Hmmmm … Looking forward to your upcoming post!!!

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend filled with family, friends and good times. I love weekends like that.

5 Danica @ It's Progression November 11, 2013 at 8:23 am

homemade beer?! yum!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce {recipe}

6 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 11, 2013 at 8:29 am

Can’t wait to hear about NYC!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Scenes from the Weekend: Holiday Test Baking and a Baby Shower!

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 11, 2013 at 8:50 am

Oh goodness, you’re right — that picture of Lucas is absolutely adorable. Happy Monday, Courtney!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... keep calm and… rest .

8 Shel@PeachyPalate November 11, 2013 at 8:53 am

You keep teasing us missus!!! Looks like fun whatever it was you were getting up to!

9 Parita @ myinnershakti November 11, 2013 at 8:55 am

Can’t wait to hear about your trip to NYC! :) Sounds like it was fun!

10 Kristen November 11, 2013 at 9:02 am

Love that same picture!!

11 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 11, 2013 at 9:08 am

Looks like a fun weekend. Your little man is just too cute!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Toned Thighs and Lifted Buns: A New Barre Workout

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 11, 2013 at 9:12 am

Looks like a great family and friend filled weekend! Those are the best! And ohhhh my, you’re right, that photo is just too adorable for words! Don’t you just love their facial expressions?! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Girls’ Night, Home Projects, & Lasagna

13 Karen November 11, 2013 at 9:26 am

So glad you guys had a great weekend.
Karen recently posted..MIMM

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 11, 2013 at 9:36 am

I’m so curious what you were up to in NYC! Can’t wait to hear the details! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..(Almost) Seven months postpartum.

15 Morganne @ Nut Butter Runner November 11, 2013 at 9:57 am

It looks like you had an awesome first travel with the family! He is so adorable! I love that you got to pamper yourself a bit, too…very much deserved my friend! And those pancakes?! I die. I need those in my life!
Morganne @ Nut Butter Runner recently posted..{Guest Post} Training For An Ironman

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 11, 2013 at 10:09 am

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend! And yes, the picture of Lucas – precious!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Pinterest: Things I’ve Actually Tried.

17 Gracie November 11, 2013 at 10:12 am

It’s official…Lucas is the cutest blogger baby I’ve seen yet ;) Looks like a great weekend!
Gracie recently posted..scenes from the weekend.

18 Suzanne @ Mix it Mom November 11, 2013 at 10:19 am

Yes, yes….cannot wait to get an update about the NYC trip, especially because I’m thinking it must have been something pretty exciting!!

I tell ya, that little boys of yours is just adorable!! Love the pictures of him!!
Suzanne @ Mix it Mom recently posted..A Transformation

19 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne November 11, 2013 at 10:25 am

Yum! Anything with chocolate is a win!! And yay to seeing so many friends! That always makes for a great weekend :) Ah!!! Can’t wait to hear what you got to get your hair all did up for :)!!!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Food Galore

20 Presley @ Run Pretty November 11, 2013 at 10:25 am

Is it weird that I’m dying to know what you did in NYC? haha Maybe I need to get out more. But really, it looks freaking glamorous, whatever it was. :)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Weekend Recap: 9 Miles and Penguin Stalking

21 Lauren November 11, 2013 at 10:38 am

Personality shots of babies are always my favorite. This is DEFINITELY my new favorite of Lucas! I smiled so big when I saw it on Instagram!

22 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog November 11, 2013 at 10:38 am

Can’t wait to hear what you’ve been up to in NYC! Lucas gets cuter and cuter every day :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Girls on the Run 5K Recap: We Won’t be Left Behind

23 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) November 11, 2013 at 10:59 am

Lucas’ little tongue! He always looks so happy :) and dying to hear about NYC!

24 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves November 11, 2013 at 11:08 am

Looks like a lovely weekend! I love those pictures of Lucas—his eyes are so alert! Have a wonderful Monday!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Birthdays, Sushi Nights, and Jack O’ Lantern Blaze {MIMM #11}

25 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples November 11, 2013 at 11:17 am

lil man is becoming quite the pro at taking pictures! :) so cute! also love that pic of u guys with your parents – your mom is *beautiful*! ♥
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Natural Painkillers Released During Social Rejection

26 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health November 11, 2013 at 11:54 am

Aw, I just love seeing all of that cuteness from Lucas! He’s such a cutie. Looks like you had a fantastic weekend.

Way to tease us with the hair/makeup pics. Now I am dying to know what happened! Please share soon! ;)
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Rios-Lovell Winery + Nonni’s Bistro

27 Ashlee@HisnHers November 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm

LOVE that picture of Lucas that you said is your favorite! Hes adorable. I didnt know your friend Kate was pregnant…Congrats to Kate!

28 Jessica November 11, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I’m willing to bet your NYC trip had something to do with dr. Oz :)

29 Courtney November 11, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Bahaha…nooo. No Dr. Oz for me! ;-)

30 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 11, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Lucas has the cutest little expressions going on now!! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegan Chorizo Grilled Cheese Sandwich

31 Ali November 11, 2013 at 2:13 pm

It looks like you had a weekend with lots of yummy food – you can’t go wrong with kodiak cakes and sweet potato fries or beer! I really like that picture of Lucas too! How sweet!

32 Annette@FitnessPerks November 11, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Mmmmm sweet potato fries! Looks like a fab weekend with fun fam/friends & food!

Can’t wait to hear about NYC!

p.s. so cool that it’s been exactly a year since you found out. So amazing!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Time With Our Little Fam

33 Kaylie@FitnessMovesYOU November 11, 2013 at 3:14 pm

It sounds like you had a great weekend! I can’t wait to hear about your time in NYC!
Kaylie@FitnessMovesYOU recently posted..How to Monitor Your Effort During Cardio Workouts

34 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 11, 2013 at 6:20 pm

I NEED THOSE PANCAKES IN MY LIFE <3 Lucas is too adorable!!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #30–Double coffee & a rest day

35 Leigha @ Minougirl November 11, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I love your tradition of Kodiak Cakes on the weekends :) how is he 15 weeks already?!?! I want to hear about this trip so bad!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..The Garden

36 Maria@TheBrooklynFig November 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Wow, those Kodiak cakes look real good. I’m probably late to the game with this question, but what’s the difference between kodiak cakes and pancakes?
Maria@TheBrooklynFig recently posted..Blog Molds.

37 Courtney November 11, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Kodiak cakes only require water to add to the mix. So super easy!!

38 Kelly November 12, 2013 at 12:41 am

I LOVE that one picture of Lucas, he looks simply adorable! Hope you had a good weekend :-)!
Kelly recently posted..Stuck in a Rut

39 Claire Smith November 12, 2013 at 2:24 am

Those pancakes look so good.. now you have me craving them!

40 Kristi November 12, 2013 at 4:22 am

Those pictures of Lucas are too cute. I can see why they are your favorite.
Kristi recently posted..It’s Official

41 Ellie@Fit for the soul November 12, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Awwwww maaahhh goodness! Lucas looks sooo adorable and I can see why it’s one of your favorite photos of him. :D And now you’re really killing us with the suspense, hah!

42 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections November 13, 2013 at 6:14 am

Wow, looks like Lucas really makes the rounds these days! That picture of him is adorable!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..5 X 3 Cardio & Blueberry Muffins

43 Holly December 10, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Those Kodiak Cakes look yummy!! Mr. Lucas is just so darn cute!! Where did you get that mint, black, and white travel bag from? I think Julie from peanut butter fingers has the same one. I really like it! :)