Fun Facts Friday {11/15}

by Courtney on November 15, 2013

1. Jay and I were talking the other morning while getting ready for work and we both came up with the same question…why don’t they make women’s jeans/pants in lengths the way that mens are? I mean, sure, we women have petite/regular/tall options, but why can’t we get specific measurement lengths like the guys?

2. Our new couches arrived yesterday! WOOT WOOT! One caveat to that? Lucas is not allowed on them unless he a) hasn’t eaten in like, 5 hours (which is never, unless we’re talkin’ middle of the night), or b) is laying on a huuujass towel. Little man’s spit up is unreal sometimes.

3. Even more exciting than the new couches though? Our new coffee table. Check this thing out…it’s one of the ones that folds up so you can eat at it. Mind. Blowing.

As if Jay and I didn’t already eat enough at the coffee table? Well, consider this our new dinner table. I am in LOVE.

4. In case you’re curious what was waiting for us there on that coffee table, that would be last night’s dinner, which consisted of my favorite grilled chicken salad from LaBella’s.

Yeah, I totally gave up on the meals and planning them this week.

5. And in sticking with that theme…I cannot even begin to tell you how lame the dinners at our house have been lately. I feel like I haven’t cooked in weeks. And my planning has been practically non-existent. I’m going to try my best to fix that for the upcoming week…we’ll see how it goes. I need some quick, easy, no-fuss ideas though. Got any ideas for me??

6. I recently received a pretty sweet pair of Khombu boots (shown below), and while I haven’t had a chance to wear them outside (no snow and/or super chilly weather yet!) I will tell you that I am so happy to have them this season.

khombu

Cute, cozy, AND warm. Gotta love that.

7. Can I tell you just how easy it is to drop money like it’s going out of style with a new baby? There are so many things I’ll just randomly pick up here or there, and even though they’re small ticket items, they sure do add up. Yikes.

8. Have you guys heard of Headwear of Hope? A while back, I blogged about Headbands of Hope, which is the sister company of Headwear of Hope.

For every item of headwear purchased, one is given to a boy with cancer and $1 is donated to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to fund life-saving childhood cancer research. Childhood cancer, in my opinion, is one of the nastiest, cruel things on the planet, and I absolutely love that this company is working on funding such a fantastic cause. If you’ve got a second, be sure to check out their new buffs, which are pictured above. Not only can they be worn by the little boy in your family, but they can also serve as a cute scarf or accessory for you, too. Winking smile

9. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…blog friends are just so great. Earlier this week, I received an awesome box of goodies from this lovely lady (seriously, how sweet is she?! All “just because”!).

And the other day, Tina (aka, Best Body Bootcamp Queen!) was kind enough to share some of her holiday workouts with me. Granted, who knows if/when I’ll be able to fit them in, but seeing them is giving me a little more motivation to at least try.

Oh…and also, let’s not forget all of you. Thanks so much for all the sweet words from Wednesday’s post. You guys sure know how to make a gal feel the love.

10. I’ve been meaning/trying to put together a “day in the life” post for you all for about two weeks now (they’re one of my favorites to read…I’m so darn nosey). Notice how you still have not seen said post? Maybe one of these days…

11. The winner of the Reebok Custom Card giveaway has been chosen! The winning entry was #485, Amy:

reebok card

Congrats, Amy! Be sure to email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so we can get you that Custom Card!

Alright, that’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead! xoxo

1 Parita @ myinnershakti November 15, 2013 at 7:37 am

As a super short person, I would have to agree with you on #1! It is so hard to find jeans/pants that are the perfect length – they’re always a tad bit too long!

Have a great weekend!

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 15, 2013 at 7:42 am

That looks a lot like our couch! Aaaaand I hear you about the spit up – Emme spits up so so much. Whenever I lay her down to play, I always have to have a burp cloth under her. It doesn’t matter if she ate 5 minutes before or an hour before, she’ll spit up – you can count on it!

PS – Try styling TWO! ;)

3 Melissa November 15, 2013 at 7:56 am

The couches look great and the package from your friend was so sweet and thoughtful!
Melissa recently posted..All Grown Up: TGIF Style!

4 Linz @ Itz Linz November 15, 2013 at 7:57 am

happy friday to YOU!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Friday Favorites

5 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes November 15, 2013 at 8:03 am

Love the couches and coffee table! I think my meal planning was almost nonexistent for Noah’s first year of life, so you have a good 8 more months to wing it :-) Have a great weekend!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Five Things Friday

6 Stacey M. November 15, 2013 at 8:03 am

Glad you both are loving your new furniture … sometimes that’s all it takes to spruce up your home a bit and make it feel completely different. I have a coffee table like yours that converts into a table of sorts and while I don’t use it that often, I have propped my laptop up on it before while working from home and loved it! I could relax a little and get my work done at the same time. I’m sure when I’m home more often (with children in the future) I’ll be getting much more use out of it.
I *totally* agree with you and Jay on the length of women’s pants. I’m about the same height as you (5’8″) and have pretty long legs. I always have to buy my pants LONG, which is usually a 34″ inseam. But, if I intend to wear my pants with heels the inseam needs to be even longer. I went jeans shopping with my boyfriend (and NOW fiance!!!!) last weekend and he picked out four new pair in ~ 10 minutes. Me on the other hand? I have to spend at least an entire day looking for and trying on many pairs of jeans just to find a pair or two that fit the way I want them to. Ugh … hate jean shopping. I’m dreading the day my current pairs wear out …

Have a great weekend Courtney!

7 Shannon November 15, 2013 at 8:15 am

LOVE the new furniture!! About the pants: there is an awesome brand of jeans called Silver Jeans that come in lengths like mens jeans… They are kinda expensive (about $80-$100 per pair) but they are durable and last FOREVER so they make for a good investment. At least thats what I tell my hubbs when I buy a new pair. I bet you’ll LOVE them!

8 Bre & Ree @ bumpandrunchat.com November 15, 2013 at 8:31 am

The coffee table is pure genius! My husband and I are also coffee table eaters, wish I had one of those in my house. And, I’m with you on the jeans. Having short, regular and tall just doesn’t cut it (and not all brands even have that!). What if your in between short and regular, like me, or regular and tall? What’s a girl to do? Here’s your segue to starting a new jeans line;)

~Bre
Bre & Ree @ bumpandrunchat.com recently posted..my favorite cocktail

9 Anna November 15, 2013 at 8:34 am

LOVE the table! Where’s it from?

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 15, 2013 at 8:36 am

Ahh Courtney, I completely feel your pain with the spit-up thing. Addie will be 7 months tomorrow and she STILL spits up like a madwoman! Supposedly most babies are done spitting up by this age, but not mine! Yesterday I took her to the mall and I decided to take her bib off because she looks so cute in her little outfit. Big mistake. Within 10 minutes, she had spit up twice … all over herself, the stroller, and her stuffed animal. So fun!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Sweet and Spicy Chicken

11 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 15, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’m totally with you and Jay on sizing the length of pants for women. It would certainly be easier to choose, right!?!

Love all the new furniture, especially that coffee table. So cool!

Have a great weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..10 Holistic Cold Remedies

12 Julie @ A Life Exotic November 15, 2013 at 8:42 am

I moved to London a couple of months ago, and they size women’s pants the same way as men’s here! At first I felt like it was going to be way more complicated, but it’s actually AWESOME, and I can find pants that fit without having to roll them up eight times! Here’s hoping it makes its way over to the States soon :)
Julie @ A Life Exotic recently posted..Cumberland Lodge

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 15, 2013 at 8:48 am

I love the rule that Lucas isn’t allowed on the new couch…LOL – how long do you think that will actually last!? ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

14 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com November 15, 2013 at 8:53 am

100% totally agree with #1!!! i always have the hardest time buying pants because they are way too long on me! great idea….i wonder if anyone has tried to do this?
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes….Holy Yum

15 Jess November 15, 2013 at 8:54 am

The table looks great! Need one of those :D The couch rule of baby Lucas reminded me of my mom and my nephew. A year ago she bought new ones and said that my nephew couldn’t sit on those until he wouldn’t damage them. It lasted like a month? jaja Hope you can keep it longer!

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 15, 2013 at 8:56 am

Your new couch looks like something I just want to sink into after a long day. I’m thinking that I’d have some serious problems getting up once I sat down :lol:
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... double chocolate mug cake .

17 Leigha @ Minougirl November 15, 2013 at 9:02 am

Happy Friday, Courtney! Aren’t blogging friends the best? I’ll now be anxiously awaiting that day in the lifepost- they’re my favorite too!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Good Weekend

18 Tori L November 15, 2013 at 9:12 am

Tina’s cheesy spaghetti squash couldn’t be more simple or delicious! You should definitely give it a whirl : )

19 Kris November 15, 2013 at 9:16 am

LOVE those boots! If I didn’t already have a pair that I love, I would probably get those!

20 Brittany @ proteinandpumps November 15, 2013 at 9:40 am

I’m a sucker for day in the life posts. Love the new furniture!
Brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..Turning it Around

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 15, 2013 at 9:41 am

That new couch is gorgeous! I’d be wanting to protect that too. Have a wonderful weekend!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 11/15/13.

22 Dawn November 15, 2013 at 9:42 am

I hadnt heard of headwear for hope. I’m going to need to order something for my little cancer survivor!

23 Angie @ Pint of Goals November 15, 2013 at 9:49 am

I made the easiest meal this week for the Wine and Recipe “club” I’m in. The theme was Crock Pot chicken, and I found Iowa Girl Eat’s Crock Pot Thai Chicken. It calls for only THREE ingredients (one of them being chicken) but more if you make her coconut rice. It was a hit with the ladies and my husband!

24 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 15, 2013 at 10:20 am

They totally need to give us women more specific sizes! Not just lengths, but a size 5 at one store is totally different than a size 5 at a different store. Drives me SO crazy! I spy gingerbread coffee in that shopping haul… does it say it’s from World Market?! I think there’s one of those over here!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Mystery Solved

25 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 15, 2013 at 10:45 am

I totally agree about the pants thing! At 5’2 it irritates me when I constantly have to pay extra to get all my pants hemmed. It’s like a short-person tax!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food and Fitness: A Little of This and A Little of That

26 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 15, 2013 at 10:49 am

I 100% agree on the pants thing…they never fit right!!! :) AND I loved this post. Not exactly day in the life, but totally a brain dump!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Workouts, Breakfast Recap, and One GIANT Cookie

27 Lauren November 15, 2013 at 10:58 am

I love any piece of furniture which morphs into another piece of furniture. I find it amusing to play with it. LOL

28 Stephanie November 15, 2013 at 11:38 am

Jeans in certain lengths – genius! And maybe we can get them in certain hip measurements, too, so that they actually fit the waist AND the butt and hit the right spot at your feet, too. That’ll be the day… I think we women probably need to find a good tailor instead.

We have one of those coffee tables and I seriously don’t know what we’d do without it. Eat on the floor, or use a pillow as a “table” for our plates, I guess. Enjoy the new furniture!

29 Elizabeth November 15, 2013 at 11:48 am

As a pretty tall person, I totally agree with #1. The regular sizes tend to be a little too short once I put shoes on, but the talls drag on the ground. Can we start a petition for this?
Elizabeth recently posted..The Pintester Movement – Ho Ho Ho Edition

30 Cassie @RedLetterDaye November 15, 2013 at 11:56 am

I recommend using your crockpot as much as possible. McCormick even makes crockpot seasoning packets, and I’ve tried the beef stew and beef stroganoff. So delicious. You just add lean stew beef, and veggies, and maybe add some pasta or rice at night, but otherwise dinner is done by the time you get home. Get the crockpot liners and no dishes either!
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Playing the Victim: A Case of the Poo Shoes

31 Taryn November 15, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I haver been working on a day in the life of a NICU mom! We’ve been in the NICU with our daughter for 141 days! Her twin has been out for a month. The NICU has been our life for al this time! Go check it out:))
Taryn recently posted..Weekend recap halfway through the week!

32 Nala November 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Your couches and coffee table look beautiful! I love your Khombu boots and I can’t wait to read your review on them. Lol, I can feel your pain on cooking meals and planning. This hasn’t been such a great week concerning my meal prep either.

33 Holly November 15, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I’ve in LOVE with your coffee table too! What an interesting concept..and seriously perfect. We need one.

34 Danica @ It's Progression November 15, 2013 at 1:30 pm

The new couch and coffee table look great! I love that it folds up to eat at :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday Favorites 11.15.13

35 Tierney Singer November 15, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I noticed you mentioned Headwear for Hope! Its such a great Company! If you like that you would also like Love Your Melon, very similar concept. It’s a Minnesota based company that a few college students started and I saw it in the news! Just thought it was a cool parallel.

36 Ellie@Fit for the soul November 15, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Hahaha~you can definitely feel my pain when it comes to pants. I’m 5’1″-ish and I have to hem all my pants or if I just don’t want to spend money on it I end up folding them inwards. :P And I love the idea of that coffee table! It seems like space conscious furniture is really in nowadays.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Craving Oatmeal and Pancakes? No Problem!

37 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves November 15, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Loving the new furniture! And so sweet that other bloggers are sending you care packages :) Have a great weekend, Courtney!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Fascinating Friday Links #12

38 Amanda November 15, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I have always thought that about women’s pant sizes, too! It’d be so much more straightforward and easier to order online, especially for us tall girls! I hear you on the quick dinners lately .. we have been using our crockpot a lot! I’ll make a soup once a week that gives us leftovers and also make something like shredded chicken to have tacos or something. I’ll prep the night before and put the pot in the fridge and then jull pull it out and turn it on in the morning!

39 Ashley@CupcakesnCrunches November 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

We have a coffee table that raises up too & since getting it (over a year ago) we’ve eaten (maybe) 5 meals at our kitchen table. We eat at the coffee table all the time now. I love it & hate it. Ha

40 Annette@FitnessPerks November 15, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Oh my gosh–that is a sweeeeeet coffee table!!!

And so true about women’s pant sizes. I’ve never thought of that before?!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Lily’s Newborn Photo Shoot Photos!

41 Kerry November 15, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I have a 3 month old and recently realized the easiest dinner I can make is salmon! I keep it really simple though and bake it with lemon slices underneath. The other kitchen tool i re-discovered was my slow cooker. I prepare it beforebed then just turn it on the next day. Hope this helps! I know how hard it is to make dinner with a little one since they usually get fussy or want to eat right when you go to make dinner!

42 sarah November 16, 2013 at 6:37 pm

What is the brand of the coffee table? That seems like something we could really use.