Fun Facts Friday {11/22}

by Courtney on November 22, 2013

1. I’m so glad you guys were diggin’ my ‘day in the life’ post from Tuesday. It was a fun one to write, so I’m thinking I may have to do some more like that in the future. Yay/nay?

2. I cut and colored my hair last week. Did we talk about this? I know I posted this pic on Instagram, but I never did any follow-through, did I? This pic really doesn’t show much…

But I am back to red, baby. And lovin’ it.

3. Speaking of hair…post-partum hair loss is a real thing, my friends. The amount of hair I’ve been losing this week in the shower is unreal and totally gross. And I guess when you think about it, it’s kinda gross I’m sharing with you now. Ahh well.

4. Scrambled eggs for dinner is always a great last-minute choice.

Since I don’t make time for them in the mornings anymore, I really look forward to them whenever I get the chance. YUM.

5. Yesterday we had an enormous Thanksgiving lunch at work. And when I say enormous, I’m not kidding. Not even slightly. There was SO much food, and everything I had was delicious. I felt like a jerk not being able to contribute (that’s what happens when hubby works late two nights in a row and my time gets devoted to Mr. Lucas). After lunch, I had to go and pump and I swear, I was *this close* to passing out in the chair. Total food coma. Totally worth it.

6. I managed two workouts during the week this week and two last weekend thanks to Tina’s Holiday Workout Plan (less than 30 minutes each and minimal equipment = awesome). Seriously, who am I?

7. I got some insider scoop from Reebok this week…they’re planning some pretty sweet Black Friday weekend promotions. I’ll have more deets for you all next Wednesday!

8. I have been tempted every single morning this week to stop at Dunkin’ for a coffee. I am so proud of the fact that I have held off until Coffee Friday. I will be treating myself to a big ol’ large size this morning. However, I think I’m kind of over the pumpkin coffee…now I need something fun and new to get. Any ideas?

9. Last weekend, we had a delicious steak dinner at home and Jay wound up finding this crazy recipe for this cheesy potato casserole thingy.

The recipe is far from healthy, but ohmygod it was incredible. A must-make, in my opinion.

10. The winner of the customized ornament giveaway has been chosen!

ornamentwinornament

Congrats to entry #16, Jennifer! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you in contact with Christina!

11. Lucas will be getting lots of grandparent time this weekend. Jay and I are trying to get lots of grandma and grandpa time with him because the last few times he’s seen my parents and my in-laws, he sports the full-out pouty lip and cries. Poor thing…but I feel ever worse for the grandmas. I think he’s slowly breaking their hearts each time. Sorry Mr. Lucas…that just ain’t gonna work.

12. Jay and I are getting a date night on Saturday and I am so, so psyched. It’s much needed. I have no idea where we’ll be going yet, but it doesn’t really matter. I’m just looking forward to some one on one time with my hubby. Smile

That’s all I’ve got for ya today my friends. Hope you all have a kick-ass weekend!

1 Sam November 22, 2013 at 7:35 am

Dunkin had a caramel/almond coffee and a new red velvet. I have yet to try but they both sound amazing

2 Tina Reale November 22, 2013 at 7:43 am

So glad that the workouts are working well for you!

And YES for date night. That is so needed. I just realized Peter and I haven’t had one in far too long. Time to change that. Can’t wait to hear what you guys did. :)
Tina Reale recently posted..Do You Do Working Intervals?

3 MIZ November 22, 2013 at 7:45 am

you are back to RED and my child is begging we both go PINK this weekend….
MIZ recently posted..KLOUT & the power of a tiny tribe.

4 Parita @ myinnershakti November 22, 2013 at 8:01 am

Aww poor grandparents! Hopefully Lucas smiles and laughs more this time around! I’m a little scared for my future kids when it comes to my mom. She’s never going to let them go!

5 Karen November 22, 2013 at 8:06 am

Love the color of your hair. YAY for a date night…enjoy!!
Karen recently posted..Friday Favorites

6 Danica @ It's Progression November 22, 2013 at 8:07 am

I love your hair!
Date nights are the best…enjoy!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday Favorites 11.22.13

7 Brittany @ proteinandpumps November 22, 2013 at 8:11 am

Love the hair! Scrambled eggs are my number one go-to for dinner!
Brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..20 Minute Dinner, Home Envy, and Super Powers.

8 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 22, 2013 at 8:23 am

Your hair looks great! Love the color! Breakfast for dinner is where it’s at! I do that more often than not these days. ;-) Can’t wait for more details on Reebok black Friday sales. Enjoy your date night and have a great weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..{Guest Post} The Carrageenan Controversy

9 Lindsay @ Fit with Farrar November 22, 2013 at 8:26 am

You are SO right about the postpartum hair loss. Mine started a week ago and I feel like I may go bald if it continues much longer. Love the red, though (and the super cute baby!!) :)

10 Heather Jarosh November 22, 2013 at 8:27 am

I love the red hair on you! I can’t wait to see how much was cut off and what it looks like! I’m sure your company didn’t mind you not contributing, though they probably missed some of your delicious sweets! Ah I love trying all your cookie recipes, haha. I think it’s great you are trying to give Lucas more grandparent time so he gets to know them more! I cannot wait to hear the Black Friday deals. Everyone is talking about them and I just want to know! haha
Heather Jarosh recently posted..My Christmas List is Complete

11 sara @ fitcupacker November 22, 2013 at 8:37 am

I would be sad to not have scrambled eggs in the morning, but having them for dinner is always a plus!!!

12 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige November 22, 2013 at 8:53 am

You should totally go for Blueberry at Dunkin. I don’t go there often, but when I do, it’s iced blueberry coffee all the way!

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 22, 2013 at 8:54 am

Red hair looks great on you, girl! And I’m dying a little over your scrambled egg dinner — eggs and avocado is seriously one of the best combinations there is.

Hope you and Jay have an awesome date night this weekend! And fingers crossed that little Lucas does well at his grandparents’.

14 Melissa November 22, 2013 at 8:55 am

Very cute photo of you and Lucas! Also, the cheesy potato casserole looks so yummy, I definitely need to check out the recipe ASAP!
Melissa recently posted..Old El Paso: A Homestyle Mexican Fiesta!

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 22, 2013 at 9:02 am

Maybe it’s time to bring on some gingerbread or peppermint? ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Go Go Fitness Friday!

16 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 22, 2013 at 9:03 am

That’s so awesome that your work did a whole Thanksgiving meal for you! I would have passed out in that chair and not felt bad at all! :) Love the hair color!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food & Fitness: Dance Dance Dance!

17 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne November 22, 2013 at 9:03 am

Love your hair!! You look so good with it red, not that you didn’t look good before, just that only certain people can pull off red :). Yum, your eggs always look super good. You should get a peppermint coffee!!!! Enjoy your date night :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Body Image: I Love My Body? {Part 1}

18 Betty November 22, 2013 at 9:16 am

coffee – if I were to drink flavored, I’d be right into Christmas – Peppermint and chocolate. Not sure how they do it, but that’s the flavor I would want.

19 Samantha Kolpin November 22, 2013 at 9:17 am

I love the red! It looks great on you. And eggs are never a bad choice, no matter what meal ;-) Have a great weekend Courtney!
Samantha Kolpin recently posted..Five Things Friday 11/22/13.

20 Traci November 22, 2013 at 9:19 am

I’m kind of (gasp) getting sick of the pumpkin as well. Today was my first peppermint mocha of the season. I love the cinnamon and toasted almond coffees at Dunkin…maybe a mix of half and half would be good!

21 Presley @ Run Pretty November 22, 2013 at 9:49 am

You look great.

And I am ALL ABOUT grandparent/baby time. ;)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..One Talking Mouse, a Bunch of Poison Apples, and a Jealous Witch

22 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 22, 2013 at 10:17 am

Love your hair! Enjoy your date night :) That is so exciting for you all and a great time to relax! I hope Mr. Lucas cooperates for you!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..A Day to Refocus

23 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 22, 2013 at 10:19 am

I reallyreallyreally want to do some ombre in my hair once Christian & I are married! I don’t want to do it before for obvious reasons (what if it looks horrible? what if I hate it? etc), but afterwards, I’m doing it! I haven’t colored my hair since 7th grade when I got highlights. It’s time ;)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Friday Confessions I

24 Jenny November 22, 2013 at 10:42 am

LOVE scrambled eggs for dinner! I usually add some chicken sausage and spinach.
Jenny recently posted..Fitness Friday #23 {In Home Full Body Workout}

25 Sarah November 22, 2013 at 10:44 am

I love DD’s coffee. Right now I just get a medium coffee (hot) with white chocolate. YUM! Under $2? Sign me up!

26 Lauren November 22, 2013 at 11:06 am

Uhm, you look GORGEOUS with red hair. I think it’s my favorite. Mmhmm, yeap. Definitely is my favorite!

27 Nala November 22, 2013 at 11:12 am

From what I can see your hair looks fabulous! And Yay to more Day in your life posts! I agree scrambled eggs for dinner are delicious! I can’t have them in the morning either because they unsettle my poor tummy. I know what you mean about Thanksgiving meals at work – I did have an extra slice of sweet potato pie – but as you said it was so worth it =) Hope you a have great weekend and a great date night with Jay – you deserve it!

28 Nicole November 22, 2013 at 11:17 am

I just really liked this post. No real reason, just made me smile. :)

Have a great weekend!! :) :)

29 Meredith November 22, 2013 at 11:26 am

Gosh darn it, Courtney- you’re too stinkin cute. And Lucas couldn’t be any more of a doll.

I’ve been reading your blog for a year and a half and I just LOVE it! Keep it up, girl!

30 Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love November 22, 2013 at 11:49 am

I’ve heard people talk about a red velvet coffee from dunkin but I’ve never tried it. Maybe that will be your next go-to!
Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love recently posted..Strange but Good Eats #2

31 Christine@munchkinmumbles November 22, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Love your hair! I think getting my hair cut is one of my favourite things, however it only happens a few times a year.
Scrambled eggs is one of my favorite dinners!
Have an awesome weekend!
Christine@munchkinmumbles recently posted..Dear Friday… I Love You

32 Ali Damron November 22, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Postpartum hair loss is totally gross and I’ve been at it for nearly 9 months! When is this going to stop!?

33 Stacey M. November 22, 2013 at 12:40 pm

From what I can see of it in that picture, I think your hair looks great. I mean, you could probably do anything with it and it would look great!

I also liked reading your “day in the life” post … it really gives us a glimpse into what life as a working mom is really like. It’s a busy one, just like we all suspected!

I’m soooooo looking forward to Thanksgiving this year myself … all the yummy foods and desserts. I may have to wear leggings and a sweater that day, if you know what I mean!

Hope you and your family have a great weekend as well Courtney!

34 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 22, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Ha, yes, postpartum hair loss is certainly a REAL thing. Mine was coming out like crazy from about 3-5 months postpartum. Then right around 6 months, it stopped, thank goodness! Except now I have what I call “horns” of hair as my hair is growing back… Lovely. :)

Love the auburn/red on you! Did you go shorter or just a trim?
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..11/21/13: Thursday Thoughts

35 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Yay for a date night!! We’re visiting my mom in Florida next week, so we’ll probably have a couple of date nights, and I can’t wait! It’s so necessary to have grown-up time from time to time!

Have so much fun, Courtney! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Fun Friday #5

36 Carie Apperson November 22, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I tried the red velvet coffee the other day at Dunkin. I’m not really sure how to describe the taste, but it was good. I love the blueberry and peppermint is also always a good choice!

37 Linz @ Itz Linz November 22, 2013 at 2:59 pm

LOVE your hair! have a wonderful weekend!!! :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Friday Five

38 Caitlin November 22, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I really liked the day in the life post and would love to see more from you. And more Lucas pics please ;) ALWAYS! That cheesy thing Jay made really does look quite amazing. Sometimes you just need that comfort food especially since it’s getting colder! Also that dinner with the eggs + avocado + english muffin looks really perfect and easy. I need english muffins back in my life.
Caitlin recently posted..Five Things Friday: Linking Up!

39 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal November 22, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I actually have eggs for breakfat quite frequently. They’re fast and easy :)
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Spiced Squash Protein Donuts/Muffins (vegan, no sugar added)

40 Annette@FitnessPerks November 22, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Pretty hair!!

I can’t wait to hear about the reebok deals!!

I loved our date night last weekend–it’s so nice to get out once in awhile with a new baby, and it makes the homecoming even sweeter :) have fun!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Fun Facts Friday {11/22}

41 Amelia @i_heart_kale November 22, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Love the hair! I knew it looked a little different in your Insta photo. Well, considering ‘coffee Friday’ has come and gone, my rec wont help much. BUT…….if you are feeling extra frisky in the morning and venture out they have a new latte at my D & D: Red Velvet Latte. HOLY MOLY! Tastes like cake. Between that and the salted caramel hot chocolate (with a shot of espresso added to it), I’m not sure what I like better!

42 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 23, 2013 at 8:07 am

I don’t think I got a chance to comment on the Day in the Life post, but I loved it! I’d love to see what a weekend day is like. It gives us non-parents a glimpse into life with a baby! :-)

Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is just the best. Period, end of story. I’m kind of over the pumpkin too. I really like the hazelnut flavor!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Non-Gym Fitness Options

43 Sanaz@runforcake November 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Your hair looks great! Although your hair will shed I found that my hair was the prettiest for the first 6 months post partum. So healthy and so luscious.
You have got to try Santa’s White Christmas coffee by Barnes. You can get it online and at some stores.
Great job with working out. Every workout counts and makes a difference.

44 SuperCutePetContest November 24, 2013 at 1:42 pm

If I had to drive by a Dunkin’ Donuts every morning, I’d stop for coffee and a donut! That potato casserole looks freaking amazing. I’ll be making that soon!