Fun Facts Friday {11/22}

1. I’m so glad you guys were diggin’ my ‘day in the life’ post from Tuesday. It was a fun one to write, so I’m thinking I may have to do some more like that in the future. Yay/nay?

2. I cut and colored my hair last week. Did we talk about this? I know I posted this pic on Instagram, but I never did any follow-through, did I? This pic really doesn’t show much…

But I am back to red, baby. And lovin’ it.

3. Speaking of hair…post-partum hair loss is a real thing, my friends. The amount of hair I’ve been losing this week in the shower is unreal and totally gross. And I guess when you think about it, it’s kinda gross I’m sharing with you now. Ahh well.

4. Scrambled eggs for dinner is always a great last-minute choice.

Since I don’t make time for them in the mornings anymore, I really look forward to them whenever I get the chance. YUM.

5. Yesterday we had an enormous Thanksgiving lunch at work. And when I say enormous, I’m not kidding. Not even slightly. There was SO much food, and everything I had was delicious. I felt like a jerk not being able to contribute (that’s what happens when hubby works late two nights in a row and my time gets devoted to Mr. Lucas). After lunch, I had to go and pump and I swear, I was *this close* to passing out in the chair. Total food coma. Totally worth it.

6. I managed two workouts during the week this week and two last weekend thanks to Tina’s Holiday Workout Plan (less than 30 minutes each and minimal equipment = awesome). Seriously, who am I?

7. I got some insider scoop from Reebok this week…they’re planning some pretty sweet Black Friday weekend promotions. I’ll have more deets for you all next Wednesday!

8. I have been tempted every single morning this week to stop at Dunkin’ for a coffee. I am so proud of the fact that I have held off until Coffee Friday. I will be treating myself to a big ol’ large size this morning. However, I think I’m kind of over the pumpkin coffee…now I need something fun and new to get. Any ideas?

9. Last weekend, we had a delicious steak dinner at home and Jay wound up finding this crazy recipe for this cheesy potato casserole thingy.

The recipe is far from healthy, but ohmygod it was incredible. A must-make, in my opinion.

10. The winner of the customized ornament giveaway has been chosen!

ornamentwinornament

Congrats to entry #16, Jennifer! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you in contact with Christina!

11. Lucas will be getting lots of grandparent time this weekend. Jay and I are trying to get lots of grandma and grandpa time with him because the last few times he’s seen my parents and my in-laws, he sports the full-out pouty lip and cries. Poor thing…but I feel ever worse for the grandmas. I think he’s slowly breaking their hearts each time. Sorry Mr. Lucas…that just ain’t gonna work.

12. Jay and I are getting a date night on Saturday and I am so, so psyched. It’s much needed. I have no idea where we’ll be going yet, but it doesn’t really matter. I’m just looking forward to some one on one time with my hubby. Smile

That’s all I’ve got for ya today my friends. Hope you all have a kick-ass weekend!

Comments

I love the red hair on you! I can’t wait to see how much was cut off and what it looks like! I’m sure your company didn’t mind you not contributing, though they probably missed some of your delicious sweets! Ah I love trying all your cookie recipes, haha. I think it’s great you are trying to give Lucas more grandparent time so he gets to know them more! I cannot wait to hear the Black Friday deals. Everyone is talking about them and I just want to know! haha
    Heather Jarosh recently posted..My Christmas List is Complete

Red hair looks great on you, girl! And I’m dying a little over your scrambled egg dinner — eggs and avocado is seriously one of the best combinations there is.

Hope you and Jay have an awesome date night this weekend! And fingers crossed that little Lucas does well at his grandparents’.

3. Betty says

coffee – if I were to drink flavored, I’d be right into Christmas – Peppermint and chocolate. Not sure how they do it, but that’s the flavor I would want.

4. Traci says

I’m kind of (gasp) getting sick of the pumpkin as well. Today was my first peppermint mocha of the season. I love the cinnamon and toasted almond coffees at Dunkin…maybe a mix of half and half would be good!

I reallyreallyreally want to do some ombre in my hair once Christian & I are married! I don’t want to do it before for obvious reasons (what if it looks horrible? what if I hate it? etc), but afterwards, I’m doing it! I haven’t colored my hair since 7th grade when I got highlights. It’s time 😉
    Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Friday Confessions I

6. Nala says

From what I can see your hair looks fabulous! And Yay to more Day in your life posts! I agree scrambled eggs for dinner are delicious! I can’t have them in the morning either because they unsettle my poor tummy. I know what you mean about Thanksgiving meals at work – I did have an extra slice of sweet potato pie – but as you said it was so worth it =) Hope you a have great weekend and a great date night with Jay – you deserve it!

Gosh darn it, Courtney- you’re too stinkin cute. And Lucas couldn’t be any more of a doll.

I’ve been reading your blog for a year and a half and I just LOVE it! Keep it up, girl!

8. Stacey M. says

From what I can see of it in that picture, I think your hair looks great. I mean, you could probably do anything with it and it would look great!

I also liked reading your “day in the life” post … it really gives us a glimpse into what life as a working mom is really like. It’s a busy one, just like we all suspected!

I’m soooooo looking forward to Thanksgiving this year myself … all the yummy foods and desserts. I may have to wear leggings and a sweater that day, if you know what I mean!

Hope you and your family have a great weekend as well Courtney!

Ha, yes, postpartum hair loss is certainly a REAL thing. Mine was coming out like crazy from about 3-5 months postpartum. Then right around 6 months, it stopped, thank goodness! Except now I have what I call “horns” of hair as my hair is growing back… Lovely. :)

Love the auburn/red on you! Did you go shorter or just a trim?
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..11/21/13: Thursday Thoughts

I tried the red velvet coffee the other day at Dunkin. I’m not really sure how to describe the taste, but it was good. I love the blueberry and peppermint is also always a good choice!

I really liked the day in the life post and would love to see more from you. And more Lucas pics please 😉 ALWAYS! That cheesy thing Jay made really does look quite amazing. Sometimes you just need that comfort food especially since it’s getting colder! Also that dinner with the eggs + avocado + english muffin looks really perfect and easy. I need english muffins back in my life.
    Caitlin recently posted..Five Things Friday: Linking Up!

12. Amelia @i_heart_kale says

Love the hair! I knew it looked a little different in your Insta photo. Well, considering ‘coffee Friday’ has come and gone, my rec wont help much. BUT…….if you are feeling extra frisky in the morning and venture out they have a new latte at my D & D: Red Velvet Latte. HOLY MOLY! Tastes like cake. Between that and the salted caramel hot chocolate (with a shot of espresso added to it), I’m not sure what I like better!

I don’t think I got a chance to comment on the Day in the Life post, but I loved it! I’d love to see what a weekend day is like. It gives us non-parents a glimpse into life with a baby! :-)

Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is just the best. Period, end of story. I’m kind of over the pumpkin too. I really like the hazelnut flavor!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Non-Gym Fitness Options

Your hair looks great! Although your hair will shed I found that my hair was the prettiest for the first 6 months post partum. So healthy and so luscious.
    You have got to try Santa’s White Christmas coffee by Barnes. You can get it online and at some stores.
    Great job with working out. Every workout counts and makes a difference.

Trackbacks