Weekend Highlights {11/24}

by Courtney on November 25, 2013

Ahhhh, guys, I’m so pumped. I have a nice, short, 2-day work week ahead of me this week, before I’m off for a lovely five days. Can you guys sense the excitement through this post? If you can’t, I promise…it’s there. Woop!

So how was the weekend, friends? Do anything fun or exciting? Our was fairly busy and definitely filled with lots of fun stuff. After a quiet Friday in (and me falling asleep on the couch about 10 minutes into the Redbox movie that Jay rented for us…whoops), we were up ‘n’ at em nice and early Saturday morning. After putting Lucas down for his morning nap, I left my boys at home and headed out to meet up with my bestie, Heather, for a coffee date.

It had been way too long since we last got together, so we had quite a bit to chat about. And, FYI? The caramel brulee latte is ahh-mazing. I ordered a grande, non-fat, with 2 pumps of syrup (instead of the usual four) and it was perfection. I am in love.

While I was out, I also got a little update that Mr. Lucas had just woken up from his nap and was being a super smiley guy.

I much prefer those updates, as opposed to the, “omg he’s crying and I can’t get him to stop” ones. Winking smile

Late Saturday afternoon, my in-laws came over to hang out with us all for a few hours (Lucas did great, wahoo!), then after we put Lucas to bed, Jay and I headed out for DATE NIGHT. Gahh, I was so excited to be out for a few hours!

We went to Sake for some sushi, and since we had a few minutes to wait for our table, we decided to grab a spot at the bar and order a couple of drinks.

That wine was tastin’ goooooood.

Not long after, our table was ready so me and my handsome date grabbed a seat.

IMG_4372IMG_4375

We started off with some edamame, which was super salty and super delicious.

And then we ordered ourselves a few rolls. I got a California roll and a Salmon and Avocado roll.

But the most amazing star of the meal was the signature “Siena Roll” we decided to share. It was spicy tuna, topped with a lobster salad, avocado, mango, and then finished off with a spicy mango sauce. Umm…incredible.

Jay and I loved just hanging out and being able to enjoy each others’ company without any other distractions. It was a much-needed night and we both had such a great time.

Of course, we couldn’t end the night there…

On our way home, we squeezed in a quick stop at our favorite fro yo place, and as you can see, I went a little crazy with my cup ‘o’ good stuff.

Truth be told, the almost two glasses of wine I had with dinner were doing a pretty good job of giving me beer wine goggles, so at that point, I really just wanted all. the. things. It was a massive serving, but I polished it all off like a champ. Hey…it was date night. Winking smile

And as a side note, we also got our first snow Saturday night.

Yikes…I don’t think I’m quite ready for that super cold yet.

*****

On Sunday, the three of us headed over to my parents’ house to watch the Jets game (even though we were over an hour late thanks to a certain someone not wanting to nap and getting his schedule all thrown off…).

As always, there was plenty of snacks to be had.

And everyone had a good time just hanging out…even if the Jets totally stunk up the place. Ooof.

IMG_4387IMG_4388

Lucas was a bit hit or miss while we were out, since naps weren’t really his thing all morning/afternoon, so that tiredness translated into crankiness quite often (since he’s in the midst of a few Wonder Weeks, I’m actually curious if that little brain of his was working in overdrive on some new stuff yesterday?).

Luckily, he wasn’t cranky the whole time we were out, and he managed to give grandma, grandpa, Uncle Dan, and Aunt Meg a few good giggles and smiles.

IMG_4390IMG_4400

We left my parents’ house once Lucas basically told us he was done for the evening, and then once we put him to bed, Jay and I spent some time prepping things for work (bottles for the babe, food for us) and then vegged out on the couch watching a couple hours of the AMA’s.

And now, here we are again at Monday. But hey, that’s cool. Only two days to get through this week. Winking smile

Happy Monday, friends! Make it a great one today!

1 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie November 25, 2013 at 7:17 am

I actually ran a 5K and was able to go to my favorite football team’s last home game. Pretty great weekend!

I cannot believe how big Lucas is getting! He gets cuter by the day!

2 Heather @fitncookies November 25, 2013 at 7:27 am

Wahoo 2 day week! I am sure Lucas is super excited to have his mommy home for 5 straight days!! Enjoy your short week :) I love your hair color and cut! Date night looks like a success :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Snow storm from no where- MIMM

3 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 25, 2013 at 7:27 am

Sushi is the best! My husband and I used to go all the time to this restaurant nearby, then we had to slow it down a bit – it was getting kind of expensive.

This weekend we spent time with family and yesterday, we just relaxed. It was great!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #12 – Giving Thanks

4 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves November 25, 2013 at 7:30 am

What a fun weekend! That sushi looks amazing. And we got some of the snow here in southern NY as well on Saturday night! Didn’t stick though.
Have a great short work-week!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..First Dance Performance of the Year {MIMM #13}

5 Sanaz@runforcake November 25, 2013 at 7:45 am

What a nice weekend. I love pictures of your cutie pie! Too much. You should try to do date nights more often while he is little and it’s easier. :) I love that this week is a short week! I can’t wait to have 4 days to play with my nugget, get my fitness on and play in the kitchen!

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 25, 2013 at 8:00 am

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend! Edamame is a must when getting sushi. That sushi looks really good! I haven’t had sushi in a while. I need to change that :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..The Last Weekend in November!!…

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 25, 2013 at 8:07 am

Definitely sounds like an awesome weekend, and that first picture of Lucas is absolutely priceless! I know it’s not the case, but it’s honestly hard to imagine Lucas being anything but super smiley — he just looks so happy all the time!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... gingerbread pumpkin bars .

8 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:47 am

Bahaha…yes, Mr. Lucas is definitely a smiley guy! However, he’s also pretty darn good at his high-pitched screeches and pouty lip. ;)

9 Karen November 25, 2013 at 8:10 am

So glad you guys had a great weekend. I bet the date night felt GREAT!! It’s been about two months since the hubby and I went out so hopefully soon we’ll get a date night.
Karen recently posted..MIMM

10 Linz @ Itz Linz November 25, 2013 at 8:20 am

i had sushi this weekend (i totally just typed morning lol) too! however, of course i had no raw fish, so mine was more miso soup, seaweed salad, and a vegetable roll – all good though :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Weekend Highlights

11 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

What a cute face! and delicious sushi! So ready for this break and I’m so happy it is here too!!! :)

12 Jamie November 25, 2013 at 8:28 am

The caramel brulee latte is amaze!! It makes moving on from the pumpkin spice a tad easier ;) glad you enjoyed the weekend!

13 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 25, 2013 at 8:37 am

Wow what a great weekend you had! I’m glad you all had a nice night on the town! We got our first snow here is well and it is SUPER SUPER cold! Hope your 2 day work week goes by faster!!

My weekend was super relaxed. I spent most of the weekend doing stuff around the house and trying to stay warm!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Motivation Monday

14 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne November 25, 2013 at 9:10 am

Hooray for only 2 days of work!!! I only have 2 days of school, so I’m thrilled about that. Happy to hear you enjoyed your date night :). I feel like those will always be a must for couples, and if I had it my way I would be having them every week :). I love how Lucas is all smiles! He’s so adorable.
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Body Image: I Love My Body? {Part 2}

15 Samantha Kolpin November 25, 2013 at 9:30 am

Ahh Lucas always looks so cute and smily in his pics! And a sushi and froyo date night sounds pretty perfect…I may have to follow your example next weekend! ;-)
Samantha Kolpin recently posted..Weekend in Pictures.

16 Shel@PeachyPalate November 25, 2013 at 9:42 am

Perfect weekend!!! Little Mr smiley is as cute as ever. I still can’t decide who he looks more like! What’s the general consensus? Plans for Thanksgiving?

17 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:46 am

Most people still say Jay, but I think his looks are changing a bit, and some people are saying they see a bit of me in him now (YAY!). Thanksgiving = breakfast at my in-laws, and dinner at my parents’ house. So excited!!

18 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 25, 2013 at 9:52 am

I’m so glad you guys had a great date night! We need one of those… Just one of the many reasons I wish we lived closer to family! Hopefully someday…

Yay for a two day work week! I’m sure it’ll FLY!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My First Crossfit Workout

19 Ashlee@HisnHers November 25, 2013 at 10:04 am

My husband got a Caramel Brulee Saturday and I tasted his…SO good! I’ll be getting it next time. An I have to say, I think Lucas is starting to look like you! I think I’ve posted 100 times how much I think he looks like his Daddy, so I had to share! I bet you’ve been hearing that quite a bit.

20 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:45 am

Ahhh, I love you for saying that :-D

21 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes November 25, 2013 at 10:08 am

Glad you guys got a date night in! You look stunning!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..10 Wive’s tales for determining the sex of your baby.

22 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 25, 2013 at 10:18 am

Yay for date nights!! Looks like a great weekend. I’m on the same 2-day-week as you are and I cannot WAIT for Tuesday afternoon so I can be done with school for a few days!! Lucas = too cute! :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #32- hooray for great weekends

23 Jenny November 25, 2013 at 10:23 am

You’re doing a great job Mama!! And you looked beautiful on your date night!! Have a very happy thanksgiving!
Jenny recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #20

24 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 25, 2013 at 10:39 am

What an awesome date night! It seems like you guys are really getting into a routine!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Your Healthiest Thanksgiving EVER!

25 brandee November 25, 2013 at 10:53 am

Do you recommend the book, the wonder weeks? I hadn’t heard of it until now!

26 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:44 am

I’ve actually only had the app on my phone up until now, which I found really helpful. BUT, I was curious to read more about them, so I just ordered the book from Amazon the other night. I’m really excited to read it!

27 cait November 25, 2013 at 11:00 am

Im craving froyo now! YUM! and im so not ready for the cold. Brrrr.

28 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 25, 2013 at 11:20 am

So glad you were able to get out for a fun date night! Enjoy your 2 day work week! While I don’t plan to do any work on Thanksgiving, I’ll still be working Friday and Saturday.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday – Guilty Pleasures

29 Nicole November 25, 2013 at 11:47 am

Looks like you folks up in NY will be getting quite some weather this week (Okay, that’s what Al Roker told me before I left for work this morning.) Hope you have grand plans to stay inside with your two dudes, your family, and a big ol’ bird!! Cheers to a short week!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!

30 Lindsay and Tim @ Fit with Farrar November 25, 2013 at 12:44 pm

It must be a new parent thing, because we’re constantly looking for explanations for our 4 month old’s behavior too :) Wonder weeks, teething, growth spurts….anything to explain it! Haha
Lindsay and Tim @ Fit with Farrar recently posted..How to Become a Morning Person

31 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

Oh my gosh, I know, right?! I think sometimes I just need to remind myself that, yes, sometimes there is no explanation…but it’s hard!

32 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 25, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Yay for a short week! It’s been way to long since I have had sushi…that looks amazing!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Fresh Wave Giveaway Winner Announced!

33 Auror@Fitness is Sweet November 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I’m pretty sure there’s no such thing as too much froyo! Glad you had a fun night!
Auror@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Big Game

34 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

Haha, amen to THAT ;)

35 Ellie@Fit for the soul November 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Hmmmm I think I know what I’m having (or will want to have) tonight–sushi! I could eat that everyday and not get tired since fish is #1 for me. And what a lovely weekend~so glad you got family time, girl time, those are all so precious and we learn to appreciate them more as we get older and are taking care of a baby. :D
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Pumpkin Cookies with White Chocolate Frosting {GF+eggless}

36 Caitlin November 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm

so glad you had a great date night! that spicy roll looks fab and i think fro yo is BEST consumed with wine goggles on! football games with family are always fun, yes even if your team stinks. i am reeling from going to bed with the broncos killing the pats and waking up to find the pats won! :(
Caitlin recently posted..MIMM: Home and Away

37 Michelle Y Kim November 25, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Yum, date night eats look really good!
Glad you had a good weekend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

38 Coco November 25, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Looks like a nice little weekend. I do have to admit, I’m glad the Ravens beat the Jets (sorryyyy), but it was a horrible game by both teams, in my opinion! Even my beloved Ravens were NOT looking too hot yesterday.
Coco recently posted..-1 Anniversary

39 Ali November 25, 2013 at 6:27 pm

We just got over a wonder week just in time to start teething! I wrote a post on it today actually!

40 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:42 am

I just read your post – that was great! I definitely think Lucas is going through one right now. Extra clingy, an extra wake up at night, naps are off…I’ve had the app on my phone for a while now, but I actually just went the other day and ordered the book! I’m excited to read through it :)

41 Nala November 25, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Yes I’m super excited about the short work-school week! Yay – I can’t wait to be off! I’m sure Lucas will be super pleased to have you home for those 5 days. I’m glad you had a great date night – and may I say your hair looks amazing!

42 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:41 am

Awww, thank you! :)

43 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 25, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Looks like a great weekend!

Love Lucas’s little smile!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: 11/25

44 Brittany @ Proteinandpumps November 25, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Glad you had a fun date night! I’ve got to try that flavor latte…..I’m over the peppermint mocha
Brittany @ Proteinandpumps recently posted..Your Personal Power

45 Leigha @ Minougirl November 25, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I feel your excitement about this two day week!! Looks like some amazing eats this weekend:)

46 Kelly November 25, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Sounds like an excellent weekend! Enjoy the short week and Happy Thanksgiving! I am also not quite ready for this snow/freezing situation so I’m headed to South Carolina tomorrow for a week haha
Kelly recently posted..Basically I’m A Ninja with Useless Super Powers.

47 Courtney @ Our Latte Love November 25, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I haven’t tried the Carmel brûlée latte yet- that’ll have to be my next order. It looks like you guys had an awesome date night- sushi sounds amazing right now!
Courtney @ Our Latte Love recently posted..Parker: 8 months

48 Annette@FitnessPerks November 25, 2013 at 10:21 pm

YAY for date night!! That is awesome you got out. And that fro yo looks ammmmmmmazing!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Highlights {11/25}

49 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope November 26, 2013 at 5:02 am

What a great weekend! Sushi night is the best date night, and the food looks amazing!! Enjoy your short week! :)
Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope recently posted..‘Twas the Weekend Before Thanksgiving…

50 Claire November 26, 2013 at 8:12 am

Awww so cute with all the baby smiles! I’ve noticed you said Lucas doesn’t nap much. Do you have times you schedule daily to try to put him down for naps? My little girl is a little over 2 1/2 mnths and hardly ever naps in the day! Have a great short work week!

51 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 8:41 am

Hey Claire! Up until this week, he had actually been doing really well with naps. Right now, I think that little brain of his is working on overdrive though, haha. :)

For his naps, I’ve never really had a scheduled time each day that he needs to go down. Since his wake times vary from day to day, trying to do that would never work. Instead, I try to go by his wake times. Typically right now, once he wakes up, he eats, then plays, then it’s time for a nap. His wake times right now are typically anywhere between 1-1/2 to 2 hours, and he’ll usually start to show signs that he’s ready to go back down. I definitely found that going by the wake times works best for us…good luck!!

52 Claire November 26, 2013 at 8:52 am

Thanks so much for all the info! Do u put him in his room for naps or have him nap in his swing?

53 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 9:07 am

Nine times out of 10 he naps in his room. Occasionally, depending on the timing, I’ll have him take his last cat nap in the swing

54 Melissa November 26, 2013 at 8:54 am

So glad it’s an abbreviated work week! The photos of Lucas are absolutely adorable! Also, the frozen yogurt looks very yummy!
Melissa recently posted..Friday of a Different Color

55 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique November 26, 2013 at 10:45 am

What a happy baby!!
Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique recently posted..Farm To Table Styled Shoot

56 Angie November 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Wow, busy weekend but looks fun, Happy Thanksgiving!
Angie recently posted..My makeup

57 Amber November 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Hi, Courtney! Lucas is incredibly cute! Noticing your delicious looking wine, I have a question for you or any other breastfeeding mom out there: when you have a glass, do you breastfeed after or pump just to be safe? My little girl is 7 weeks, and I’m dying for a glass of Riesling :) thanks!

58 Courtney November 26, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Usually if I just have a glass or two then I don’t worry about pumping, since my doctor said it was fine. If I’m going to have more than one glass like I did on Saturday, I wait until Lucas is down for the night and won’t be eating again for a while. I’m sure a glass of that Riesling would be fine! (but of course, do what you’re comfortable with and/or check and see what your doc thinks!) :)