Goodies Lately

I know today would typically be a WIAW post, but since I haven’t really photographed or tracked all of my eats in one day in a while now, today’s post is going to be a bit different. Instead, I figured I’d share some of the things that I’ve been enjoying so far over the past couple of days.

Starting with THIS.

Oh my. Last night, we had our pals Brian & Mal over for dinner and Mal brought another one of her delicious desserts. Seriously…she’s incredible with this stuff. That beauty you see up there was a combination of crushed (mint) Oreos, a creamy minty frosting layer, topped with some creamy, minty chocolate. Oh. Em. Gee. (I don’t know what recipe she used, but I found this one that looked similar)

We all joked afterwards that we felt like we didn’t even need to brush our teeth with the amount of mint that was freshening up our mouths.

Don’t worry…I still brushed my teeth.

For dinner, I whipped up another batch of my Chicken Pot Pie Soup, which was just as tasty as I remembered it being the last time.

It’s so easy too. You really need to try it. Trust me.

For breakfasts, I’ve been back on the peanut butter cookie dough oatmeal kick.

Thank you, Julie, for fueling this obsession for me.

As for lunches, well they’re always a bit all over the place. But on Monday, I made myself a pretty sweet turkey and provolone sandwich…and as you can see, most definitely did not skimp out on the turkey. Mmmmhmmm.

Monday night Jay also took care of dinner (god, I love him) and made us a fabulous barbecue chicken pizza.

So yeah…there’s some of the goods that have been getting consumed over here these days. Needless to say, we haven’t been going hungry. Winking smile

But TODAY you guys? Oh, today. I’ve been waiting for this day for almost a month. This morning, I slept in until 7:00am, fed Lucas and got him ready for the day, and then? He went off with daddy to get dropped off at daycare. Me? I have the entire day to myself.

I felt guilty for about 5 seconds when I decided I still wanted to send Lucas to daycare on my day off, but snapped out of that rather quickly because I just really need today. As a human being. It’s actually the first time since he’s been born that I will be having the whole day to myself (work doesn’t count, that’s not for myself) and while I’ll be more than ready to pick him up later this afternoon, I’m ready for some ME time.

So what am I doing? Well, as soon as I hit publish here, I’m out the door for a morning massage (ohhh, so excited!), and then I’m coming back home where I can do anything I want, as loud as I want. Most likely a workout, taking down the fall decorations, putting up the Christmas ones, maybe doing a little baking…maybe a nap?!? Who knows. The possibilities are endless!

But here I am running late, so it’s about time I say sayonara! Winking smile

*****

Reebok Black Friday Weekend Offers!

As I mentioned to you guys last week, Reebok is gonna be having some pretty sweet Black Friday deals, and I have the inside scoop for ya!

• Reebok Nano 2.0’s on sale for only $75.00! Promo code “NANO”
  • Buy any apparel item, get a second 50% off. Promo code “BOGO”

The deals run from 7:00pm on Thanksgiving through Sunday, December 1st on www.shop.reebok.com

Comments

Yay for YOU time! I’m not a mom yet but I don’t think you should feel guilty at all for sending Lucas to daycare on your day off. Honestly, I think you’re a better mom because of it. Have a wonderful day!

Do not feel guilty in the least bit! You are a wonderful mother, and part of being a great mom is taking care of your own mental and physical health as well! Enjoy your day Courtney and have a wonderful Thansgiving with your family and your sweet little boy tomorrow! :)

Have an amazing day! I think it’s great you took the day for yourself. Lucas is in great hands, and will have a blast with his buddies today. You definitely need time to yourself, and everything you listed sounds great!!
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Thankfulness

4. Melissa says

I’ve been a reader for a while but have never commented. I just wanted to say good for you! When my daughter’s daycare was open but my work was closed I would usually send her. I used the days for a little me time and as a way to get things done so that I wouldn’t have to waste weekend time with her to do chores/errands. I would always feel guilty about it in the morning after I sent her but then would feel so refreshed at the end of the day that I knew it was worth it. Enjoy your free day!

Enjoy your personal day. I don’t think I’ve ever had one since my kids were born, but this weekend we are heading up to a wedding so I’m freeeeee. I can’t wait to walk around Boston without worrying about rushing home with kids for naptime :)
    Sabrina recently posted..So I stopped exercising.

I’m proud of you for enjoying your day off and making it a TRUE day off! Don’t feel guilty for calling a day to yourself without the kiddo a day of…we ALL need them to stay sane! My mom used to send me to play with my grandparents when I was younger. I loved seeing them (hello being spoiled) and she loved her me time. Everyone wins!
    That pot pie looks like my dad would DIE over it. I will check out the recipe. I may have to make it for him next time my dad ditches the two of us for our condo in FL!
    Caitlin recently posted..Gymdoll Fitness Apparel Giveaway!

That.is.awesome. that you have the entire day to yourself! Holy cow that sounds like a dream. Moms need some time to themselves sometimes. I wish I got more.

You certainly shouldn’t feel guilty about having a day to yourself. Sometimes I feel that moms become martyrs and take no time for themselves. You’re taking care of yourself and you’ll be able to take care of your family with a happy heart :)
    (Of course, no judgement to moms who choose not to take time for themselves. Everyone is different :D).

Enjoy today, I know it is WELL deserved! I’m very jealous of your 3 days off! I do get 2, so I’m not complaining- but man, I would have loved to have gotten to go to the gym at 8:00am instead of waiting until after work!

fitbiebride.com/burpees-butternut-squash-and-black-bean-brownies

10. Angie@adiamongthatshinesbright.com says

My daughter would seriously love that cake, she is obsessed with mint but she is also a type 1 diabetic so probably not the best choice:)

As a mommy to a baby myself, I am going to tell you what you already know. Enjoy every moment of today! There is no need for guilt, in fact it will recharge your battery and have even more energy for your little nugget. I am so happy for you and hope you have the best day ever!

Thanks for linking up to my recipe and trying it out! Your bars look great!

And congrats on the ME time. As a mom, when you carve out that 2 to 8 hours for JUST YOU and no one else, it’s like you’ve hit the lottery. Like even 2 hours (8 is a gift from GOD!) but it’s priceless. Glad you could enjoy :)

That is awesome! I hope you enjoyed YOUR day and got in some relaxation time. I can already tell that this is something I will struggle with but happy mama = happy baby so good for you! :-)

14. Cassie says

I do not think you should feel guilty one bit! You deserve it :) Hats off to you and all the other working moms out there! I am not a mom yet but I teach kindergarten and kids are so sweet but exhausting! Good for you :) I definitely think moms need to have time to recharge in order to be the best mom they can be :)

That first dessert: looks so yummy! I can eat it right now 😀 I mean chocolate, isn’t it the best candy ever made? Me-day for you must’ve been great! Every now and then everybody needs one! 😉 Don’t feel guilty, you are such a great mother! I can tell, just by reading your blog!
    Jess recently posted..Sweet Potato Cream