Goodies Lately

by Courtney on November 27, 2013

I know today would typically be a WIAW post, but since I haven’t really photographed or tracked all of my eats in one day in a while now, today’s post is going to be a bit different. Instead, I figured I’d share some of the things that I’ve been enjoying so far over the past couple of days.

Starting with THIS.

Oh my. Last night, we had our pals Brian & Mal over for dinner and Mal brought another one of her delicious desserts. Seriously…she’s incredible with this stuff. That beauty you see up there was a combination of crushed (mint) Oreos, a creamy minty frosting layer, topped with some creamy, minty chocolate. Oh. Em. Gee. (I don’t know what recipe she used, but I found this one that looked similar)

We all joked afterwards that we felt like we didn’t even need to brush our teeth with the amount of mint that was freshening up our mouths.

Don’t worry…I still brushed my teeth.

For dinner, I whipped up another batch of my Chicken Pot Pie Soup, which was just as tasty as I remembered it being the last time.

It’s so easy too. You really need to try it. Trust me.

For breakfasts, I’ve been back on the peanut butter cookie dough oatmeal kick.

Thank you, Julie, for fueling this obsession for me.

As for lunches, well they’re always a bit all over the place. But on Monday, I made myself a pretty sweet turkey and provolone sandwich…and as you can see, most definitely did not skimp out on the turkey. Mmmmhmmm.

Monday night Jay also took care of dinner (god, I love him) and made us a fabulous barbecue chicken pizza.

So yeah…there’s some of the goods that have been getting consumed over here these days. Needless to say, we haven’t been going hungry. Winking smile

But TODAY you guys? Oh, today. I’ve been waiting for this day for almost a month. This morning, I slept in until 7:00am, fed Lucas and got him ready for the day, and then? He went off with daddy to get dropped off at daycare. Me? I have the entire day to myself.

I felt guilty for about 5 seconds when I decided I still wanted to send Lucas to daycare on my day off, but snapped out of that rather quickly because I just really need today. As a human being. It’s actually the first time since he’s been born that I will be having the whole day to myself (work doesn’t count, that’s not for myself) and while I’ll be more than ready to pick him up later this afternoon, I’m ready for some ME time.

So what am I doing? Well, as soon as I hit publish here, I’m out the door for a morning massage (ohhh, so excited!), and then I’m coming back home where I can do anything I want, as loud as I want. Most likely a workout, taking down the fall decorations, putting up the Christmas ones, maybe doing a little baking…maybe a nap?!? Who knows. The possibilities are endless!

But here I am running late, so it’s about time I say sayonara! Winking smile

*****

Reebok Black Friday Weekend Offers!

As I mentioned to you guys last week, Reebok is gonna be having some pretty sweet Black Friday deals, and I have the inside scoop for ya!

• Reebok Nano 2.0’s on sale for only $75.00! Promo code “NANO”
  • Buy any apparel item, get a second 50% off. Promo code “BOGO”

The deals run from 7:00pm on Thanksgiving through Sunday, December 1st on www.shop.reebok.com

1 Melissa November 27, 2013 at 8:23 am

Yum, looks like tasty eats and sounds like a good, rejuvenating day!
Melissa recently posted..Friday of a Different Color

2 Parita @ myinnershakti November 27, 2013 at 8:31 am

Yay for YOU time! I’m not a mom yet but I don’t think you should feel guilty at all for sending Lucas to daycare on your day off. Honestly, I think you’re a better mom because of it. Have a wonderful day!

3 Alexa @ Simple Eats November 27, 2013 at 8:36 am

Enjoy your day off, you deserve it girl!

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 27, 2013 at 8:46 am

YES! Enjoy your day!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..30 Day Gluten-Free Challenge

5 Victoria November 27, 2013 at 8:50 am

Looks like a Nanaimo bar! http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/Nanaimo-Bars-Three-Ways-5393

God bless our Canadian neighbors.

6 Kelly @ Femme Fitale November 28, 2013 at 6:59 am

I love Nanaimo Bars!!! Haha , are they not in the States?!

Hope you had a great day off, Courtney! Totally deserving. I rarely have an hour, let alone a day to myself. It’s definitely wearing! I think as Moms, we learn to appreciate the simple pleasures of life so much more. It’s kind of awesome :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Fitness Themed Stocking Stuffers for Her

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 27, 2013 at 8:56 am

That cake looks seriously delicious! Have a fantastic day all to yourself and enjoy your massage! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #23 – Peanut Butter and Chocolate

8 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life November 27, 2013 at 8:59 am

Do not feel guilty in the least bit! You are a wonderful mother, and part of being a great mom is taking care of your own mental and physical health as well! Enjoy your day Courtney and have a wonderful Thansgiving with your family and your sweet little boy tomorrow! :)

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 27, 2013 at 9:02 am

I ditto what Jana said!!! ;) Have a great day, girl!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Interrupting your week to share a little cuteness.

10 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 27, 2013 at 9:02 am

You totally should not feel bad about needing some me time. Everyone needs me time and it makes you a better mum as a result! Enjoy the day!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Dance for a Cause

11 Shel@PeachyPalate November 27, 2013 at 9:03 am

Wish we had Black Friday here!!! I’d go crazy shopping! :) Hope you have an awesome day today and tomorrow of course! :) Totally have to make a vegan version of that dessert! Sounds AMAZING!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A week of remakes

12 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige November 27, 2013 at 9:05 am

I love how excited you are :) And you should be! Enjoy it, Courtney!!
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..5 Minute High Protein Crepes– {WIAW}

13 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl November 27, 2013 at 9:06 am

Enjoy your “me” time! You totally deserve it. I made myself do this, too, when my kiddos were younger and it is so rejuvenating and believe it or not, it will make you a better mom. Have a VERY happy Thanksgiving!!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Gearing up for Turkey Day!

14 Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats November 27, 2013 at 9:06 am

AHHH – I am so excited for you! Have an awesome, perfect, unbelievable YOU day!! :)
Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats recently posted..Shortcut Caramel Cinnamon Rolls

15 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections November 27, 2013 at 9:08 am

The Oreo thing looks amazing! And I love a good lunch meat sandwich loaded with meat. Mmm!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Life as an Admin: What I Do All Day

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 27, 2013 at 9:12 am

Enjoy every second of your time off, girl! You definitely deserve it!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... when life happens .

17 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 27, 2013 at 9:13 am

Mmmm all of your eats definitely look amazing!

And I’m just a tad jealous of your day! ;) Enjoy every minute!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Wordy Wednesday

18 Heather @fitncookies November 27, 2013 at 9:18 am

Have an amazing day! I think it’s great you took the day for yourself. Lucas is in great hands, and will have a blast with his buddies today. You definitely need time to yourself, and everything you listed sounds great!!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Thankfulness

19 Brittany November 27, 2013 at 9:20 am

Your excitement is so adorable! I’m jealous of your massage! Lucas will appreciate having a happier momma after your me-day!

20 Katie @ running4cupcakes November 27, 2013 at 9:21 am

Enjoy your day!! It makes me so happy to see you taking time for yourself! I find that I am a much better Mom and wife when I do the same!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Healthy Entertaining Tips

21 Leigha @ Minougirl November 27, 2013 at 9:36 am

Enjoy your day, Court! You deserve it!!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Friends, Food and Fun

22 Melissa November 27, 2013 at 9:36 am

I’ve been a reader for a while but have never commented. I just wanted to say good for you! When my daughter’s daycare was open but my work was closed I would usually send her. I used the days for a little me time and as a way to get things done so that I wouldn’t have to waste weekend time with her to do chores/errands. I would always feel guilty about it in the morning after I sent her but then would feel so refreshed at the end of the day that I knew it was worth it. Enjoy your free day!

23 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty November 27, 2013 at 9:46 am

You deserve a day for YOU! Do whatever YOU feel like whenever YOU want to do it. We all need a me day every once and a while and you deserve to be pampered!

24 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 27, 2013 at 9:55 am

Have SO much fun today! You deserve it!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Wedding Recap: Things I Don’t Want To Forget

25 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 27, 2013 at 9:56 am

Aww don’t feel guilty at all! Enjoy the you time and get the things done you need to! Enjoy your first Thanksgiving with little Lucas!! That BBQ Chicken pizza looks DELICIOUS! My husband would love it!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..24 Days of Togetherness

26 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne November 27, 2013 at 10:15 am

Holy Ba-Geezus!! That mint layer dessert looks heavenly!!!! Mint chocolate chip ice cream is by far my favorite flavor :). Yay for a day to you!!! Enjoy your massage, it is much earned :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Pretend Possum

27 Sabrina November 27, 2013 at 10:15 am

Enjoy your personal day. I don’t think I’ve ever had one since my kids were born, but this weekend we are heading up to a wedding so I’m freeeeee. I can’t wait to walk around Boston without worrying about rushing home with kids for naptime :)
Sabrina recently posted..So I stopped exercising.

28 Jess November 27, 2013 at 10:19 am

Enjoy your day off! You’re a great mom and you more than deserve a “you” day!

29 Caitlin November 27, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’m proud of you for enjoying your day off and making it a TRUE day off! Don’t feel guilty for calling a day to yourself without the kiddo a day of…we ALL need them to stay sane! My mom used to send me to play with my grandparents when I was younger. I loved seeing them (hello being spoiled) and she loved her me time. Everyone wins!
That pot pie looks like my dad would DIE over it. I will check out the recipe. I may have to make it for him next time my dad ditches the two of us for our condo in FL!
Caitlin recently posted..Gymdoll Fitness Apparel Giveaway!

30 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes November 27, 2013 at 10:23 am

Good for you for taking a “me” day! Guilt isn’t even an option, you deserve it! Have fun :-)d
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..My “currently” and holidays can be hard.

31 Betsy November 27, 2013 at 11:07 am

I’m so glad you’re taking the day for yourself. I think every mom deserves one regularly. Enjoy!

32 Ali November 27, 2013 at 11:49 am

That.is.awesome. that you have the entire day to yourself! Holy cow that sounds like a dream. Moms need some time to themselves sometimes. I wish I got more.

33 Marissa @ Barefoot Colorado November 27, 2013 at 11:51 am

Ahh!! Nano’s!! I just bought a new pair or else I would be alllll over that. I’m definitely going to take advantage of the buy one get one deal though!
Marissa @ Barefoot Colorado recently posted..Home for the Holidays Workout… & Pie.

34 Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love November 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Enjoy your “me time!”
Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love recently posted..Staying Busy and Making Time

35 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm

SO many good things. those mint bars look FANTASTIC. YUM!!! :)

36 Michelle Y Kim November 27, 2013 at 12:13 pm

You certainly shouldn’t feel guilty about having a day to yourself. Sometimes I feel that moms become martyrs and take no time for themselves. You’re taking care of yourself and you’ll be able to take care of your family with a happy heart :)
(Of course, no judgement to moms who choose not to take time for themselves. Everyone is different :D).

37 clare @ Fitting it all in November 27, 2013 at 12:15 pm

oh enjoy your day!!! so deserved.

38 Meredith November 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Enjoy today, I know it is WELL deserved! I’m very jealous of your 3 days off! I do get 2, so I’m not complaining- but man, I would have loved to have gotten to go to the gym at 8:00am instead of waiting until after work!

fitbiebride.com/burpees-butternut-squash-and-black-bean-brownies

39 Angie@adiamongthatshinesbright.com November 27, 2013 at 12:40 pm

My daughter would seriously love that cake, she is obsessed with mint but she is also a type 1 diabetic so probably not the best choice:)

40 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 27, 2013 at 12:41 pm

We all definitely need some time to ourselves now and then, and you have more than earned it, lady! Enjoy it!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Meatless Monday.

41 Jenny November 27, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Enjoy your well deserved *you* time Mama!!!
Jenny recently posted..Gift Giving Ideas for Runners

42 Ashlee@HisnHers November 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Oh the little things! I hope you have an awesome day to yourself! And a no-guilt one at that :-)

43 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

That sandwich looks AMAZINGGGGGGG. I don’t know why- I’m usually not much of a sandwich lover! Yay for you time!!! Enjoy it :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..WIAW 11/27- Savin’ Room

44 Alice @ Honestly Fitness November 27, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Mmmm, it’s close to lunch time and these photos have me drooling .. oh dear!

45 Becky@TheSavedRunner November 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm

You deserve this day off! Enjoy every minute of it! I am spending my day off getting ready for family coming over!

46 Sanaz@RunforCake November 27, 2013 at 3:21 pm

As a mommy to a baby myself, I am going to tell you what you already know. Enjoy every moment of today! There is no need for guilt, in fact it will recharge your battery and have even more energy for your little nugget. I am so happy for you and hope you have the best day ever!

47 Averie @ Averie Cooks November 27, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for linking up to my recipe and trying it out! Your bars look great!

And congrats on the ME time. As a mom, when you carve out that 2 to 8 hours for JUST YOU and no one else, it’s like you’ve hit the lottery. Like even 2 hours (8 is a gift from GOD!) but it’s priceless. Glad you could enjoy :)

48 Jenn@Be ME November 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm

No mommy guilt allowed : )
YOU deserve a day to YOU. Enjoy!!!!
Jenn@Be ME recently posted..#BeYouNOTaNumber

49 Heather November 27, 2013 at 7:03 pm

That is awesome! I hope you enjoyed YOUR day and got in some relaxation time. I can already tell that this is something I will struggle with but happy mama = happy baby so good for you! :-)

50 Cassie November 27, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I do not think you should feel guilty one bit! You deserve it :) Hats off to you and all the other working moms out there! I am not a mom yet but I teach kindergarten and kids are so sweet but exhausting! Good for you :) I definitely think moms need to have time to recharge in order to be the best mom they can be :)

51 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 28, 2013 at 10:54 am

I hope you enjoyed your day to yourself–it sounds like you had some fun things planned!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..What is BodyVive?

52 Kelly November 28, 2013 at 2:34 pm

wow. mint + oreo + chocolate goodness??? ughhh sounds so good!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Kelly recently posted..Basically I’m A Ninja with Useless Super Powers.

53 Lindsay @ Fit with Farrar December 2, 2013 at 8:35 am

I did the exact same thing on Wednesday….I had the day off, but baby still went to daycare. I went to the city and got a hair cut (much needed with this postpartum shedding!). Felt guilty for a moment, but it passed.

P.S. – that mint dessert looks SO GOOD!!!
Lindsay @ Fit with Farrar recently posted..Working Out So You Can Pig Out (?)

54 Jess December 3, 2013 at 12:02 pm

That first dessert: looks so yummy! I can eat it right now :D I mean chocolate, isn’t it the best candy ever made? Me-day for you must’ve been great! Every now and then everybody needs one! ;) Don’t feel guilty, you are such a great mother! I can tell, just by reading your blog!
Jess recently posted..Sweet Potato Cream